Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:39:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win 100 BTC by becoming the first Satoshi Superstar!  (Read 21727 times)
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 12:58:26 PM

Win 100 BTC!

That’s right, the Grand Prize Winner of the Satoshi Superstars competition wins 100 BTC, along with all the bragging rights that come along with surviving the elimination rounds. Contestants must:

• Complete tasks as part of a team and as an individual.
  • Win over the hearts of our audience to earn “votes” in the form of satoshis.
  • Garner the respect and admiration of our panel of celebrity (or at least well-known in the bitcoin community) Judges.

Similar to some “reality” competition based television shows, Satoshi Superstars aims to showcase talent in a wide variety of fields. So no matter what your area of expertise, if you think you have what it takes to become the next Satoshi Superstar, head on over to the Contact Page and let us know.

Each season of Satoshi Superstars is expected to last from four to six weeks with the winner announced at the end.

How to play:

1.Submit an application via the Contact Page.

2.Twelve Contestants are chosen by a Site Administrator. Each Contestant is assigned a unique bitcoin address to be used for the sole purpose of collecting votes in the form of satoshis. Bitcoins sent to these addresses become the property of Unofficial BTC and will not be passed on to any contestants!

3.Round One:
  • Twelve Contestants are divided into two equal groups of six and given a task to complete as a team.
  • Judges evaluate team submissions and each Judge awards a pre-determined amount of bitcoins as “votes” to the team with the best entry in the opinion of the Judge. Team votes are divided equally between Voting Addresses of Team members.
  • Site visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorite Contestant by sending satoshis (smallest bitcoin unit) to the BTC address designated as the Contestant’s Voting Address. A pre-determined deadline for voting will be announced.
  • The three Contestants with the least amount of BTC in their Voting Address when the deadline is reached will be eliminated from the competition. Eliminated Contestants are eligible for future contests and encouraged to reapply.

4.Round Two:
  • Nine remaining Contestants are divided into three teams of three and given another task to complete as a team..
  • Judges evaluate team submissions and each Judge awards a pre-determined amount of bitcoins as “votes” to the team with the best entry in the opinion of the Judge. Team votes are divided equally between Voting Addresses of Team members.
  • Site visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorite Contestant by sending satoshis (smallest bitcoin unit) to the BTC address designated as the Contestant’s Voting Address. A pre-determined deadline for voting will be announced..
  • The three Contestants with the least amount of BTC in their Voting Address when the deadline is reached will be eliminated from the competition. Eliminated Contestants will be eligible for future contests.

5.Round Three:
  • Six remaining Contestants are divided into three teams of two and given another task to complete as a team.
  • Site visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorite Contestant by sending satoshis (smallest bitcoin unit) to the BTC address designated as the Contestant’s Voting Address. A pre-determined deadline for voting will be announced.
  • The two Contestants with the least amount of BTC in their Voting Address when the deadline is reached will be eliminated from the competition. Eliminated Contestants will be eligible for future contests.
  • Votes from the public will not be accepted after Round Three. Any satoshis sent to Contestants’ Voting Addresses will be withdrawn as soon as possible by the Site Administrator.

6.Round Four – Final Round:
  • Four remaining Contestants are given a task to complete on their own.
  • Judges evaluate submissions and each Judge awards a pre-determined amount of bitcoins as “votes” to the Contestant with the best entry in the opinion of the Judge.
  • Out of the four remaining Contestants of the final round of the season, the Contestant with the greatest balance in his/her designated Voting Address when the Judges have awarded their final Votes will be announced as the next Satoshi Superstar and will receive the Grand Prize.

Be sure to also check out our Judges' blogs!

Feel free to use this thread to ask questions or discuss the contest but please use the Contact Page only to apply to be a Contestant - PMs requesting consideration will be ignored.

Good luck!

Satoshi Superstars is a competition created and run solely by Unofficial BTC.

Still around.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 03:03:29 PM

Mathew~~ Grin

edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2012, 04:30:27 PM

Mathew~~ Grin

I think Matthew would be a great contestant. He's intelligent, talented, and highly entertaining.

Still around.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 02:04:55 PM

Operation Fabulous ad spots are now active!

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 03:50:18 PM

Mathew~~ Grin

I think Matthew would be a great contestant. He's intelligent, talented, and highly entertaining.

edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 06:31:42 PM

You're welcome to enter, as well, Phinnaeus!

I can see it now, Phinnaeus and Matthew forced to cooperate on a team, then immediately at each other's throats in the next round, and finally, a showdown between PG and MNW in the Final Round with two unfortunate souls caught in the crossfire.

Now that's entertainment!

Still around.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2012, 09:39:51 PM

I'm a judge!

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 01:11:42 AM

Congratulations to Tuxavant for passing the first hurdle and becoming the first Contestant at Satoshi Superstars (apparently more daunting than it appears).

Once we have twelve Contestants, the first Task will be announced and the competition will begin!

Still around.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 05:10:50 AM

What kind of tasks???
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 05:02:03 PM

What kind of tasks???

Contestants will be given hypothetical situations and problems to solve involving bitcoin related businesses, advertising and PR, humanitarian developments, etc. I'm trying to gear it toward skill sets that are easily exhibited online, only requiring an internet connection. Imagination and creativity will be the most highly valued attributes, however.

An entertaining, humorous, well-spoken contestant with some original ideas will have as good a chance as a highly paid website developer, if not more.

Still around.
jimrandomh

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 05:04:01 PM

This is a Dollar Auction pretending to be a game show.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 05:22:50 PM

This is a Dollar Auction pretending to be a game show.

I knew this might be a concern for some which is why "Voting" by anyone but the Judges will not be allowed in the Final Round. Contestants who attempt to "outbid" other Contestants prior to the Judges final votes will either have spent their bitcoins in vain or will end up with a prize that costs more than its actually worth. I'm hoping the Contestants are smarter than that.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 02:27:54 PM

So how many contestants do you have now?

And, moreover, how many have applied but didn't make the cut?

I'm now considering it, though all day yesterday I was thinking about waiting for the next round.

I thought of something else I wish to share with you. What if you had the same contest reserved for major companies or other Bitcoin related entities. For an example, Matthew would represent Bitcoin Magazine.

~Bruno~
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 02:51:17 PM

So how many contestants do you have now?

And, moreover, how many have applied but didn't make the cut?

I'm now considering it, though all day yesterday I was thinking about waiting for the next round.

I thought of something else I wish to share with you. What if you had the same contest reserved for major companies or other Bitcoin related entities. For an example, Matthew would represent Bitcoin Magazine.

~Bruno~

Still only Tuxavant at the moment. This season will probably be the easiest to enter since I want to get the competition going ASAP. The site has been getting a lot of traffic but no one else has made contact. No offense, Tuxavant, but I hope you don't win the prize by default!

Phinnaeus, I would be concerned about offering a monetary prize to an organization based on a similar competition since it seems that the one with the most resources would be most likely to win. A foundation dedicated to helping bitcoin businesses and projects with grants might be more beneficial. With Satoshi Superstars, my twin primary goals are entertainment and exposing the uninitiated to the many facets of bitcoin.

Since I’ve had quite a few requests for an example of what kind of Task might be assigned to Contestants, I’ll also take this opportunity to post one here.

This Task is merely an example and will not be used, at least not in the first Season.

Emus For Bitcoins
Your eccentric, Libertarian uncle recently passed away and mentioned you in his will. You and your cousins (Contestants) are gathered together to hear the details. His emu farm was the only thing of value he left behind and your uncle made provisions to leave it to only one descendant. You must present a business plan to the executors of his estate (Judges) outlining how you would not only maintain but grow the business accepting only bitcoins as a means of payment, according to your late uncle’s wishes. Assuming that the farm is currently only breaking even but has a good line of credit at the local bank, has no assets to speak of (other than the physical property and the emus) but no significant debt either, convince the Judges that you have the best plan to honor your uncle’s memory.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 03:51:16 PM

Phinnaeus, I would be concerned about offering a monetary prize to an organization based on a similar competition since it seems that the one with the most resources would be most likely to win. A foundation dedicated to helping bitcoin businesses and projects with grants might be more beneficial. With Satoshi Superstars, my twin primary goals are entertainment and exposing the uninitiated to the many facets of bitcoin.

I didn't take into consideration of the voting process when I made the suggestion, for my mind was stuck in the judges-making-determinations mode. Entertainment wouldn't be a problem with my idea, and it would expose Bitcoin related entities to the masses. Perhaps a tweak or two would make this work. Think Celebrity Apprentice modeled after The Apprentice. Think about it! That would make you the Donald Trump of Bitcoin. On second thought, just pass me another cup of that BitBrew.

Emus For Bitcoins
Your eccentric, Libertarian uncle recently passed away and mentioned you in his will. You and your cousins (Contestants) are gathered together to hear the details. His emu farm was the only thing of value he left behind and your uncle made provisions to leave it to only one descendant. You must present a business plan to the executors of his estate (Judges) outlining how you would not only maintain but grow the business accepting only bitcoins as a means of payment, according to your late uncle’s wishes. Assuming that the farm is currently only breaking even but has a good line of credit at the local bank, has no assets to speak of (other than the physical property and the emus) but no significant debt either, convince the Judges that you have the best plan to honor your uncle’s memory.

I'm liking this more and more. I would tackle this with my unique humor, coupled with my years of life experience, and I'll be golden. I'm going to give this a quick stab for humor purposes only.

Uncle Remus, on my mother's side, always expressed to me that he desired an emu petting farm, but unfortunately passed before seeing it to fruition. Fortunately for him, his oldest nephew, Phinnaeus, is about to save the day. The farm just happens to set within a region of the country where there's a large enough population base to support an emu petting farm. It will be named Uncle Remus's Emus and Alligators. The general populace won't be able to pet the alligators, for they're only there as added feature to make sure that the business plan doesn't fail. The patrons will be able to pet the emus and view the alligators. They'll be able to even feed the alligators by tossing them food. Of course, the alligators are pretty big animals and require a lot of food. Enter the emus. That's right! Since we all know that emus breed like rabbits, we are going to feed the alligators the extra emus. Now, this is where the real money rolls in. In the leather world, alligator hide brings in more revenue than emu hides, albeit we're talking about the black market, for selling alligator hides is illegal. I think you see where this is going, but I'll spell it out anyway: S-I-L-K R-O-A-D. For added income, located in the back of the farm, there'll be a chicken petting area for those into alternative life styles. With tears in my eyes, I can see Uncle Remus rolling in his grave smiling.

So, correct me if I'm wrong. With a somewhat real business plan coupled with a little humor, a contestant could possibly garner more votes than other contestants if the story is enjoyable by the readers. This, I can get into. I sure the hell hope that Matthew doesn't get wind of this, for he'll be all over it like...

With this post, I formally toss in my Dr. Seuss hat to enter this contest, or do I have to go through the formality of formally applying?

~Bruno~
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 04:05:19 PM

I didn't take into consideration of the voting process when I made the suggestion, for my mind was stuck in the judges-making-determinations mode. Entertainment wouldn't be a problem with my idea, and it would expose Bitcoin related entities to the masses. Perhaps a tweak or two would make this work. Think Celebrity Apprentice modeled after The Apprentice. Think about it! That would make you the Donald Trump of Bitcoin. On second thought, just pass me another cup of that BitBrew.

Emus For Bitcoins

I'm liking this more and more. I would tackle this with my unique humor, coupled with my years of life experience, and I'll be golden. I'm going to give this a quick stab for humor purposes only.

Uncle Remus, on my mother's side, always expressed to me that he desired an emu petting farm, but unfortunately passed before seeing it to fruition. Fortunately for him, his oldest nephew, Phinnaeus, is about to save the day. The farm just happens to set within a region of the country where there's a large enough population base to support an emu petting farm. It will be named Uncle Remus's Emus and Alligators. The general populace won't be able to pet the alligators, for they're only there as added feature to make sure that the business plan doesn't fail. The patrons will be able to pet the emus and view the alligators. They'll be able to even feed the alligators by tossing them food. Of course, the alligators are pretty big animals and require a lot of food. Enter the emus. That's right! Since we all know that emus breed like rabbits, we are going to feed the alligators the extra emus. Now this is where the real money rolls in. In the leather world, alligator hide brings in more revenue than emu hides, albeit we're talking about the black market, for selling alligator hides is illegal. I think you see where this is going, but I'll spell it out anyway: S-I-L-K R-O-A-D. With tears in my eyes, I can see Uncle Remus rolling in his grave smiling.

So, correct me if I'm wrong. With a somewhat real business plan coupled with a little humor, a contestant could possibly garner more votes than other contestants if the story is enjoyable by the readers. This, I can get into.

That's the spirit, Phinnaeus!

Yep, public voting with satoshis are meant to be primarily tie-breakers in the elimination rounds. Contestants will be attempting to convince the Judges that they will put the 100 BTC prize to good use if they win while simultaneously milking the audience for the extra nudge to put them ahead of the rest.

And I have more good news! Another Contestant will be announced shortly once I've confirmed a couple of details. Curious as to who it is? I'll give you a hint:

I sure the hell hope that Matthew doesn't get wind of this, for he'll be all over it like...

Still around.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 04:17:12 PM

You should probably solicit people to enter. Send them a PM telling them why you feel they would make a good contestant (I’m assuming you have already thought about how many potential contestants are out there). Seems like that would be a faster process than waiting for someone to decide they want the grand prize.

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind. I was trying to remain as impartial as possible but apparently 100 BTC isn't as enticing as I thought it would be.

I'll give it a couple of more days and then start a more aggressive campaign. Honestly, though, almost 900 page views in 72 hours and only two applicants? I'm not asking for money, people, only a little time and effort.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 04:35:47 PM

Emus For Bitcoins

Uncle Remus, on my mother's side, always expressed to me that he desired an emu petting farm, but unfortunately passed before seeing it to fruition. Fortunately for him, his oldest nephew, Phinnaeus, is about to save the day. The farm just happens to set within a region of the country where there's a large enough population base to support an emu petting farm. It will be named Uncle Remus's Emus and Alligators. The general populace won't be able to pet the alligators, for they're only there as added feature to make sure that the business plan doesn't fail. The patrons will be able to pet the emus and view the alligators. They'll be able to even feed the alligators by tossing them food. Of course, the alligators are pretty big animals and require a lot of food. Enter the emus. That's right! Since we all know that emus breed like rabbits, we are going to feed the alligators the extra emus. Now this is where the real money rolls in. In the leather world, alligator hide brings in more revenue than emu hides, albeit we're talking about the black market, for selling alligator hides is illegal. I think you see where this is going, but I'll spell it out anyway: S-I-L-K R-O-A-D. With tears in my eyes, I can see Uncle Remus rolling in his grave smiling.

So, correct me if I'm wrong. With a somewhat real business plan coupled with a little humor, a contestant could possibly garner more votes than other contestants if the story is enjoyable by the readers. This, I can get into.

That's the spirit, Phinnaeus!

Yep, public voting with satoshis are meant to be primarily tie-breakers in the elimination rounds. Contestants will be attempting to convince the Judges that they will put the 100 BTC prize to good use if they win while simultaneously milking the audience for the extra nudge to put them ahead of the rest.

And I have more good news! Another Contestant will be announced shortly once I've confirmed a couple of details. Curious as to who it is? I'll give you a hint:

I sure the hell hope that Matthew doesn't get wind of this, for he'll be all over it like...

I better get on board while the pile's still warm. Soon, Randy will want a piece of this pile, exited from the opposite end of a pie hole.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 04:40:09 PM

You should probably solicit people to enter. Send them a PM telling them why you feel they would make a good contestant (I’m assuming you have already thought about how many potential contestants are out there). Seems like that would be a faster process than waiting for someone to decide they want the grand prize.

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind. I was trying to remain as impartial as possible but apparently 100 BTC isn't as enticing as I thought it would be.

I'll give it a couple of more days and then start a more aggressive campaign. Honestly, though, almost 900 page views in 72 hours and only two applicants? I'm not asking for money, people, only a little time and effort.

No, you’re not asking for money. You’re asking someone with an existing reputation as a Bitcoin “mover shaker” to invest their reputation in a game show for 100 BTC. I can see it being difficult to get contestants for that. It’s probably the reason people that have the ability to enter are asking for example questions. Mover shakers are busy people and don't have much free time to donate to the effort.

Actually, I'd be happier if more up-and-comers applied. This is an opportunity for an "unknown" to make an impression on a wide audience.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 05:01:08 PM

No, you’re not asking for money. You’re asking someone with an existing reputation as a Bitcoin “mover shaker” to invest their reputation in a game show for 100 BTC. I can see it being difficult to get contestants for that. It’s probably the reason people that have the ability to enter are asking for example questions. Mover shakers are busy people and don't have much free time to donate to the effort.

Now that would make more sense.

Actually, I'd be happier if more up-and-comers applied. This is an opportunity for an "unknown" to make an impression on a wide audience.

Now that would make more sense to me. However, lesser characters might be intimidated and not want to compete for fear of losing reputation while just starting out. Matthew is exactly the kind of person I would expect to go for this because he is very imaginative, quick-witted and has the ability to be savage if need be.

And what the hell am I? Chopped Liver, prick?  Wink
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 05:16:57 PM

Emus For Bitcoins

Easy. Paint the emus yellow, rename the place to Chocobo Farm, set up a bitcoin selling site that calls Bitcoin Gil, watch RPG nerds flock from all over the country, sell merchandise.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2012, 04:25:53 AM

Now that would make more sense.

Now that would make more sense to me. However, lesser characters might be intimidated and not want to compete for fear of losing reputation while just starting out. Matthew is exactly the kind of person I would expect to go for this because he is very imaginative, quick-witted and has the ability to be savage if need be.

And what the hell am I? Chopped Liver, prick?  Wink

LOL - With Matthew involved, no, your what's known as: First Runner Up.

To not be FIrst Runner Up, I will lick Matthew's balls:

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2012, 04:47:53 AM

Eww - that's nasty.

I heard they taste good, albeit a tad salty.

I proposed to edd that there should be at least one girl/woman in the Satoshi Superstar. I further suggested to him posting his request in the Newbie section to have at least one Newbie or newly Whitelisted member, at least versed in Bitcoin, as a contestant.

Thoughts?

Bruno
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 06:49:00 AM

Sorry I didn't post sooner, I was banned for being an excessive fuckwit.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 07:30:04 AM

Sorry I didn't post sooner, I was banned for being an excessive fuckwit.

They banned my entertainment. That just doesn't seem right!

What'd you do this time or will that get you banned again?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62492.0

EDIT: Looks like my messages were all but deleted.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 07:50:05 AM

That's ok. I can gather from what's left (and having followed your previous postings with relish) you were probably unkind. I’m just pissed at myself for missing it. In the future please PM me when you decide to go on a rant. LOL

I managed to save a few posts in response to the craziness that was going on there.

Basically, enter highly excitable horribly-low English proficiency user who misrepresents offer for 3 domains as being "important", "premium" and "expensive" followed by some physical threats against me for voicing my opinion about the product being sold (that's usually all it takes to turn my troll-mode on).

All was well teaching the newb a lesson in manners/presentation until he cross posted in another thread:

how much to have his teeth kicked out and you send me the video??? Huh
while you are at it please how much to ddos the magazine he edits for....?

I am glad im not the only one who hates him.....  wanker i could get more on flippa im just trying to get invlolved with the comuinty but with fuckwitts like you good luck getting new members.

Enter full-troll mode (the reason I got banned):

Are you 12?

HEy DoNt tAlK To mE ThAt WaY Or iLl dDoS YoUr bLeNdEr aMNd mY AoL PhAdEr fRiEnDs wIlL KiCk yOuR MoMs tEeTh in

Yes, my wife beat me today for wasting time on the internet explaining to people without a firm grasp of the English language why they look, sound and act like scammers.

Sure! 2 satoshis.

Pot calling the kettle black. Did you think you were original and unique? You're just another loser who makes selective judgments and can't see their own actions and how they represent themselves.

Oh, I feel much better now that a completely anonymous newbie with 18 posts who has threatened physical violence against me for voicing my opinion says that I don't need to be bothered worrying about it being a scam or not.

You don't know who I am, do you? If you knew anything about APP, you'd know TAR and GJH at KJWE and mods at POR and GaidenGuerrillaGeoAdvertising*.

(*He had basically said something ridiculous like: "YOU DONT KNOW WHO I AM? GO LOOK UP LLG AND PRT AND MODS AT NINJAMARKETING. YEAH BITCH" or something equally guido.)

I agree with the banning and perhaps it's not the best time to be trolling (with the magazine release and all), but dragons have to eat sometimes.

gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2012, 08:37:22 AM

Win 100 BTC!

That’s right, the Grand Prize Winner of the Satoshi Superstars competition wins 100 BTC, along with all the bragging rights that come along with surviving the elimination rounds. Contestants must:

Oh great, it's a mildly disguised all pay auction (after all, if you stand to win 100 BTC shouldn't you pay up to 99.999 to your own voting address to win, and once two have done that shouldn't you keep on paying to minimize your loss?)  which also encourages bloating the blockchain with tiny transactions.

There is no reason to conduct a "vote" using the blockchain. In fact, doing so is a pretty poor idea because it gives miners the ability to influence the outcome by rejecting transactions.  It doesn't even secure you against manipulation, because the recipient of the vote-funds can just pay themselves (anonymously) to get whatever result they want since they're just going to get the funds back.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2012, 10:36:36 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2012, 10:59:18 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

One more suggestion. A contestant that, at the moment (pretty sure), doesn't know a damn thing about Bitcoin. He'll have to get up to speed pretty damn quick. I have somebody in mind who has a Twitter following of 263,000 tweeps, and I may be able to sway this quasi-celebrity into entering.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 04:16:26 AM

Frak it... I nominate myself. If the distinguished company includes Phinneas and the cylclically banned Matthew, then that's a Party I want to crash.

Plus I am eloquent, verbose, roughly twice as intelligent as the average troll on this forum.

And I am old enough to buy beer.

And I am actually working on a real application to get a real world business to accept btc.

So there.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 04:20:05 AM

Frak it... I nominate myself. If the distinguished company includes Phinneas and the cylclically banned Matthew, then that's a Party I want to crash.

Plus I am eloquent, verbose, roughly twice as intelligent as the average troll on this forum.

And I am old enough to buy beer.

And I am actually working on a real application to get a real world business to accept btc.

So there.

I like your attitude. Maintain it throughout the competition (provided your accepted, which just may happen) and you're golden.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 06:16:27 PM

So, does anyone know what the hell this is?

There are a TON of rules, and absolutely zero content.

1. What is this contest?  What are the tasks? You have given no clue what you are thinking so far.  Will contestants be solving puzzles? Competing athletically? Eating odd foods? Drinking excessively?  Writing code for the official bitcoin client? A blog-off? Posting videos (you should mention this to contestants before they apply because it requires equipment)?
2. Where is it?  What medium will it be presented in? I am assuming it is going to all take place online because it would be expensive to fly everyone together...  Are people going to be posting videos?  It seems like judges will blog, will contestants?
3. How are you going to make an exciting contest if everyone is competing remotely?

Also, your voting system is silly. 

Why are you having judges vote with satoshis?  You realize that Bitcoin is poorly suited for this use, right?  Are the contestants' addresses going to be public knowledge? Because other people will send more than 1 satoshi and completely drown out the judges, making them irrelevant.  You could give public votes more meaning if you added all vote BTC to the grand prize, but your OP states you aren't doing that. Are you expecting to turn a profit from community votes?
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 07:05:48 PM

So, does anyone know what the hell this is?

There are a TON of rules, and absolutely zero content.

1. What is this contest?  What are the tasks? You have given no clue what you are thinking so far.  Will contestants be solving puzzles? Competing athletically? Eating odd foods? Drinking excessively?  Writing code for the official bitcoin client? A blog-off? Posting videos (you should mention this to contestants before they apply because it requires equipment)?
2. Where is it?  What medium will it be presented in? I am assuming it is going to all take place online because it would be expensive to fly everyone together...  Are people going to be posting videos?  It seems like judges will blog, will contestants?
3. How are you going to make an exciting contest if everyone is competing remotely?

Also, your voting system is silly. 

Why are you having judges vote with satoshis?  You realize that Bitcoin is poorly suited for this use, right?  Are the contestants' addresses going to be public knowledge? Because other people will send more than 1 satoshi and completely drown out the judges, making them irrelevant.  You could give public votes more meaning if you added all vote BTC to the grand prize, but your OP states you aren't doing that. Are you expecting to turn a profit from community votes?

While it may seem that there are "a TON" of rules, most of them are repeated for each Round for the sake of clarity. Content should come once the contest is underway.

A sample task is given here: http://www.satoshisuperstars.com/blog/task-example/ The plan is to assign Tasks that can be accomplished with nothing more than an internet connection. Results will be posted on the site and Contestants that survive the first eliimination round will be given their own blog space.

Each "Season" will probably last several weeks, so "Entertaining" is more of a goal than "Exciting."

Judges will not be voting with satoshis. Each Judge will vote for the best Team or Contestant submission and a pre-determined amount of BTC will be disseminated equally amongst the Team members accordingly. I will be giving away 100 BTC and plan to make a profit the same way most events of this nature do - through advertising. The contest would have to be insanely popular for me to expect to make anything by asking visitors to send a fraction of a bitcent at a time.

Still around.
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 07:48:17 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2012, 08:07:18 PM by RaggedMonk

OK.  Still a bit skeptical, but starting to make sense for me, thanks.  I think clarifying some of the points you made in the preceding post in the OP would be helpful.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 10:48:48 PM

Congrats to squidroe for becoming the next Contestant in the Satoshi Superstars contest.

Once I can get some info and confirm a few details for Phinnaeus, Matthew, and Loup, and if mousepotato also decides to compete, we'll be halfway ready for the first Season!

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 11:15:07 PM

Congrats to squidroe for becoming the next Contestant in the Satoshi Superstars contest.

Once I can get some info and confirm a few details for Phinnaeus, Matthew, and Loup, and if mousepotato also decides to compete, we'll be halfway ready for the first Season!

Yep! I'm almost a contestant. I was able to fine 97 strands of 14" long red hair, but still having problems with obtaining a 1953 Peter Pan jar with original lid.  Grin

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 12:20:52 PM

Found a 1953 Peter Pan jar, sans the lid. I now hope edd adds be to the list of contestants. My bio should prove to be an interesting read.

~Bruno~
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 05:09:35 PM

Found a 1953 Peter Pan jar, sans the lid. I now hope edd adds be to the list of contestants. My bio should prove to be an interesting read.

~Bruno~

Well, I did say I would be lenient in accepting applicants for the first season.  Wink

Phinnaeus and LoupGaroux are now "officially" Satoshi Superstars Contestants.

I've also received another application and should have the name added to the list shortly. Things are moving now!

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 05:27:46 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2012, 05:55:29 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Well, I did say I would be lenient in accepting applicants for the first season.

I know what you mean. But having Matthew "Lurch" McWright in the contest should make it rather ? (shame there's no word in the English language that would complete this sentence).

~Bruno~

PS: Thank you including me in your contest. Now that others of seen that I'm entered, you should be overwhelmed with applications.

edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 05:53:57 PM

Well, I did say I would be lenient in accepting applicants for the first season.

I know what you mean. But having Matthew "Lurch" McWright in the contest should make it rather ? (shame there's no word in the English language that would complete this sentence).

~Bruno~

PS: Thank you including me in your contest. Now that others of seen that I'm entered, you should be overwhelmed with applications.

I haven't heard back from Matthew after his initial expression of interest in competing. Maybe you scared him off, Phinnaeus.  Cheesy

In other news, The Founder has joined our quickly growing list of contestants.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 05:55:56 PM

~Bruno~

I haven't heard back from Matthew after his initial expression of interest in competing. Maybe you scared him off, Phinnaeus.  Cheesy

In other news, The Founder has joined our quickly growing list of contestants.

See what I mean? The Founder is now among the ranks. I still would love to see a woman, a newbie, and a contestant not currently versed in Bitcoin but sincerely shows a desire to climb aboard. Add Matthew and stir, and we have...

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 11:15:55 PM

Based on the bios alone, I'm in first place, while The Founder is in last. http://www.satoshisuperstars.com/contestants/

I entered this contest solely to kick Matthew N. Wright’s ung dung yi because he took my Twunker idea and made it his own without giving me proper acknowledgement. But, for being the gentleman as I am, the one of us who finishes in front of the other should be the one to hold claim to the Twunker idea. May the best non-Korean win.

I bring to this contest table my… Quite frankly, I haven’t a clue what I bring to this table, but I promise you this–I’ll make it entertaining. Matthew may be the only other contestant that could pull this off, but I have faith that each task assigned, his submission will surely be submitted–late.

I own a reclaimed barn wood company here in Sandwich, Illinois–Rustic Funk–of which I’m currently in the process of re-branding. My brother-in-law, Martin Basurto, hand tools leather for Bitcoin Leather, specializing in wallets, handbags, laptop carrying cases, and other accessories to help protect computer and hand-held electronic devices. I founded and maintain Bitcoin 100, a kickstarter for non-profits who implement a Bitcoin donation option onto their websites. I am Da Bitcoin Guy who not only comes up with creative ways to bring Bitcoin awareness to the masses, but goes out into the wild, introducing and explaining Bitcoin to those who’ve shown interest. Chicago Cabbie was my first attempt in doing just that. I’ve also been instrumental in solving major crimes related to Bitcoin under the alias Dick Gage, albeit often times referred to as a tool when my detective skills ran awry–thanks to Google.

In the past, I’ve owned constructions companies in Nashville, TN, and Houston, TX. I’ve managed restaurants in Alabama. I was, and still am, a picker, although I haven’t displayed at flea markets for a few years. During the late 80′s, I hosted several Writer’s Nights and performed on various comedy shows within Nashville. I’ve played poker for my sole income for ten years straight online and, at the same time, in the casinos of Las Vegas, NV, and Tunica and Biloxi, MS. My gaming experience consists of Pong, Pac-Man, and… Now, what was that third one? I hope that that relative information doesn’t make me over-qualified for this contest, but I do see it as giving me an edge. That edge is my age–51 (born March 4, 1960). I’ve donned a dress three times in my life, but only because…
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 03:57:52 AM

Matthew isn't Korean, either, so... well said!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 02:36:27 AM

Matthew isn't Korean, either, so... well said!

Is Lurch in or out of this competition? Inquiring minds want to know.

I hope MousePotato gets in.

Would love to see a newbie enter.

To round out the field, some guy with over 200,000 Twitter followers like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGfQk9XXm24

Just give me the word, and I'll call him.

~Bruno~
BTConomist

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 03:04:48 AM

Emus For Bitcoins

Seems like this contest will be a great way to explore the other side of bitcoin -- you know, the less technical one.

Bitcoins are earned, not traded! If you plan on hoarding BTC, you're on my target list. (And yes, it is possible to swim in BTC.)

Don't give me that Bull... I'm one of those honey eating Bears that the bees hope to never meet again... Viva la BTC!!!
LoupGaroux

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 04:07:41 AM

Listen- my sister is upset that somebody stole her hair brush from the gas station restroom just to get all those lovely red hairs. The laugh is on that scoundrel- those were emu hairs that she collected brushing the emus at dear old (really old, and now ex-) Uncle Elmo's Emu Emporium. Now we had to get them all prettied up without the benefit of the aforementioned brush to prep them for a fun field trip to the emu-abbatoir.

Yup, that's the idea- emu-burgers, filet du emu, lovely kid friendly emu-fingers for the little knee-biters in the audience. Hook 'em, book 'em, and cook 'em, in the finest Upton Sinclair tradition, beat the filler and non-food products stuffing out of the beef industry, be the first to market adopters of the new emu-food craze and start taking the emu ghosts to the bank in the form of simmoleans, all bought through the good offices of the profits from the soon-to-be-established chain of McElmo's Fast Emu, with drive thru and kiddy playland, which will be the first international restaurant chain to accept bitcoins, pay their staff in bitcoins, and shift all of our profits offshore to a Korean bitcoin data-haven.

Profit? Check.
Honoring Uncle Elmo? Check.
Bitcoin-centric economic model? Check.
Cleaning up the whole, "what do you do with an emu do you?" thing? Priceless.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 04:50:13 AM

I was really excited about this since I could use 100 btc but if I understand the rules correctly this is the dumbest contest I've ever heard of. Basically you are giving the person with the most btc 100 more btc. Due to bitcoins nature a rich person could generate hundreds of addresses and vote for themself and it would look like different people.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 04:57:15 AM

I was really excited about this since I could use 100 btc but if I understand the rules correctly this is the dumbest contest I've ever heard of. Basically you are giving the person with the most btc 100 more btc. Due to bitcoins nature a rich person could generate hundreds of addresses and vote for themself and it would look like different people.

That's the way I understood it as well.  I'm still a "maybe" on this, but it sounds like fun.

Mousepotato
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 05:06:03 AM

You're sending Satoshi's - a poor person could do it too.  Wink

Also, the judges balance things out with their own votes (which are worth much more than the "normal" person's vote).
chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 05:12:55 AM

Also, the judges balance things out with their own votes (which are worth much more than the "normal" person's vote).

so basically there's just an illusion of community involvment?
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 05:17:04 AM

Electoral college anyone? Tongue

Mousepotato
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 05:21:52 AM

*sigh*

It's BOTH.  I don't know what the weighting is, but people from the community vote, and the judges vote as well.  Edd'll have to chime in with how much both types of votes matter though.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 05:27:14 AM

*sigh*

It's BOTH.  I don't know what the weighting is, but people from the community vote, and the judges vote as well.  Edd'll have to chime in with how much both types of votes matter though.

I agree! The more we know, the better we can game the system. I've just set up my auto-satoshier. The more info I have, the better I can program it.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 05:37:36 AM

*sigh*

I agree! The more we know, the better we can game the system. I've just set up my auto-satoshier. The more info I have, the better I can program it.

The question is, who will auto-satoshi the most?
LoupGaroux

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 05:54:29 AM

I've heard that auto-satoshi-ing makes you go blind so I, for one, pledge not to self-satoshi-ize for the duration of my tenure in the contest.

Of course the voices in my head have their own accounts and wallets so I cannot be held responsible for what they do.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 07:28:17 AM

Earlier in this thread it was said, TWICE, that only judge's votes will count. Anyone else sending in satoshis will be throwing their money away.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 07:31:26 AM

Earlier in this thread it was said, TWICE, that only judge's votes will count. Anyone else sending in satoshis will be throwing their money away.
I think that was just in the final round though... anyone can vote in earlier rounds.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 03:31:02 PM

I think that was just in the final round though... anyone can vote in earlier rounds.

This is exactly correct.

self-satoshi-ize

Next time, post an image.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 08:04:11 PM

Judges' Votes will be measured in bitcoins and the weight given to each Judge's vote will vary for each Round. Audience/Visitor Votes can be as small or as large as you like, but are intended to serve primarily as tie-breakers in the elimination rounds. Anyone trying to "buy" the Grand Prize by voting for themselves could very easily still lose the contest in the Final Round if the Judges pick someone else's submission as the best, unless, of course, they send in more BTC than the prize itself is actually worth.

Once the first Season begins and things are put into practice, I believe the way this contest is meant to work will be easier to grasp. I realize that by attempting to keep things ambiguous and mysterious enough to pique public interest I may have overshot the mark and strayed into "confusing" and "suspicious." Needless to say, that was not my intent; I want to give away 100 BTC and am only asking for Contestants and Judges for some time and effort.

I also want to point out that votes need not be sent in one satoshi at a time. Votes will be measured in satoshis, however. For example, if Contestant A receives a vote of 0.001 BTC in their voting address, it will be counted as 100000 votes and a vote of 0.00100001 will count as 1000001 votes. Again, I realize that using the smallest unit of measurement for bitcoins as the benchmark may have caused some of this confusion, but Satoshi Superstars just seemed much catchier than "Bitcent Superstars."  Tongue

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 11:36:14 PM

Judges' Votes will be measured in bitcoins and the weight given to each Judge's vote will vary for each Round. Audience/Visitor Votes can be as small or as large as you like, but are intended to serve primarily as tie-breakers in the elimination rounds. Anyone trying to "buy" the Grand Prize by voting for themselves could very easily still lose the contest in the Final Round if the Judges pick someone else's submission as the best, unless, of course, they send in more BTC than the prize itself is actually worth.

Once the first Season begins and things are put into practice, I believe the way this contest is meant to work will be easier to grasp. I realize that by attempting to keep things ambiguous and mysterious enough to pique public interest I may have overshot the mark and strayed into "confusing" and "suspicious." Needless to say, that was not my intent; I want to give away 100 BTC and am only asking for Contestants and Judges for some time and effort.

I also want to point out that votes need not be sent in one satoshi at a time. Votes will be measured in satoshis, however. For example, if Contestant A receives a vote of 0.001 BTC in their voting address, it will be counted as 100000 votes and a vote of 0.00100001 will count as 1000001 votes. Again, I realize that using the smallest unit of measurement for bitcoins as the benchmark may have caused some of this confusion, but Satoshi Superstars just seemed much catchier than "Bitcent Superstars."  Tongue

Well thought out explanation. Satoshi Superstars does have a nice ring to it, whereas Bitcent Superstars could eventually been referred to as BS. Wait, what? SS! What kind of shit you tryin' to pull, edd?  Grin

~Bruno~
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 02:55:10 AM

Current List of First Season Contestants:

• Tuxavant
  • squidroe
  • LoupGaroux
  • Phinnaeus Gage
  • The Founder
  • chris200x9
  • cablepair
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open

More than halfway there!

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 04:50:05 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2012, 05:16:30 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Current List of First Season Contestants:

• Tuxavant
  • squidroe
  • LoupGaroux
  • Phinnaeus Gage
  • The Founder
  • chris200x9
  • cablepair
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open
  • Open

More than halfway there!

Sure would love to see this guy in the contest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNgT7GPCoYk (as an added bonus, RandyFolds is in this video)

We get him, then these guys may embrace Bitcoin:

LoupGaroux

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 05:24:17 AM

Oh, just go ahead and invite him to join. It couldn't be any weirder than the names already on the list...
viboracecata
Legendary

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 03:46:02 AM

wow!! exciting!!!

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 05:24:28 AM

Is my friend Matthew in or out? I feel he'll add value to this contest.

~Bruno~
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 05:40:58 AM

~Bruno~

I'm totally in! I already applied. I don't know why it didn't go through. What the eff.

@OP: Did you send me something?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 05:45:05 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 02:36:30 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

~Bruno~

I'm totally in! I already applied. I don't know why it didn't go through. What the eff.

I believe edd is just waiting for your bio, if I'm not mistaken, Matthew.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 07:27:34 AM

~Bruno~

I believe edd is just waiting for you bio, if I'm not mistaken, Matthew.

Hmm...I think I never filled one out. Should I email it? If so, where to?

edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 01:45:16 PM

~Bruno~

I sent you an email, Matthew, to the address you used in the contact form. I'm currently stuck in rush hour traffic but I'll resend ASAP.

Still around.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 03:47:49 PM

~Bruno~

I sent you an email, Matthew, to the address you used in the contact form. I'm currently stuck in rush hour traffic but I'll resend ASAP.

Send it to jindq1@gmail.com

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 04:43:49 PM

~Bruno~

Send it to jindq1@gmail.com

Remember Matthew, you'll receive bonus points if your bio outshines mine. http://www.satoshisuperstars.com/phinnaeus-gage/
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 06:33:20 PM

Only four slots left for the first Satoshi Superstars contest and once the two individuals I'm waiting on finish the application process there will only be two!

Current list:

Tuxavant
squidroe
LoupGaroux
Phinnaeus Gage
The Founder
chris200x9
cablepair
Matthew N. Wright

http://www.satoshisuperstars.com/contestants/

Still around.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 07:41:39 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2012, 08:07:25 PM by Rassah

Only four slots left for the first Satoshi Superstars contest and once the two individuals I'm waiting on finish the application process there will only be two!

F it. Let's do this thing.

EDIT: Application sent
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 07:51:42 PM

Upon reading Matthew's bio, I'll say he's my only direct competition. Starting from scratch with only $100 is not really starting from scratch, though. You put us both in Las Vegas with nothing in our pockets at the beginning of the day, and by the end of the day I'll have a hotel room, a pack of cigarettes, a good meal in my belly, and some pocket change to start off the next day. Start me off with $100 in Las Vegas, and I'll never be broke again in my life. Start me off with nothing, and in a couple/three days I'll have that $100 and be on my way to prosperity. I could even take a guy along with me to witness the whole thing, and feed and house him along the way. And nothing I do will be illegal.

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Serato)
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 08:12:01 PM

Upon reading Matthew's bio, I'll say he's my only direct competition. Starting from scratch with only $100 is not really starting from scratch, though. You put us both in Las Vegas with nothing in our pockets at the beginning of the day, and by the end of the day I'll have a hotel room, a pack of cigarettes, a good meal in my belly, and some pocket change to start off the next day. Start me off with $100 in Las Vegas, and I'll never be broke again in my life. Start me off with nothing, and in a couple/three days I'll have that $100 and be on my way to prosperity. I could even take a guy along with me to witness the whole thing, and feed and house him along the way. And nothing I do will be illegal.

Would that prosperity come from you starting your own Vegas show titled Cirque du Soleil: Bois Séché d'une grange by any chance?
LoupGaroux

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 08:54:00 PM

Now that ^, is a clever freaking post. Rassah, I salute you!

Mind you, at the rate Matthew is going, if he were to win any level of this thing, he would be on suspension for abusing ignorant newbies, so he would never know of his success! Although I do like the K-Pop on Idol angle, that was good.

Somebody dig up a couple of C list celebs so this thing can kick off...

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 09:38:44 PM

Would that prosperity come from you starting your own Vegas show titled Cirque du Soleil: Bois Séché d'une grange by any chance?

Cirque du Soleil: Bois Séché d'une grange
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 02:28:29 PM

Rassah has joined the impressive list of current Satoshi Superstars contestants.

Only three spots left and I'm waiting to hear back from two applicants so you better hurry if you want to participate in the first season!

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 06:29:57 PM

Rassah has joined the impressive list of current Satoshi Superstars contestants.

Only three spots left and I'm waiting to hear back from two applicants so you better hurry if you want to participate in the first season!

Upon reading Rassah's bio, I now see that this is going to be a tough competition. Is there anyway we can have Rassah removed for being over qualified?

Excellent bio, Rassah!

Wouldn't it be great if Naomi O’Leary entered the competition, thereby her really getting a feel for Bitcoin. Perhaps, she can even be instrumental is reaching out to some charity that respects her opinion(s) and persuade them to include a Bitcoin donation option onto their website. 100 BTC awaits any non-profit who chooses to do such.

~Bruno~
chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 07:25:02 PM

dude stop being arrogant I'm competition too, drop me in the middle of the ocean with nothing and I'll wash up on shore with $10,000,000 in a swiss bank account!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 09:08:29 PM

dude stop being arrogant I'm competition too, drop me in the middle of the ocean with nothing and I'll wash up on shore with $10,000,000 in a swiss bank account!

Dude, my bad! I should have ascertained that tidbit after reading your bio:

Hi! My name is.. (what?) My name is.. (who?) My name is.. (Sicka-*sicka*) chris200x9. I was born in Detroit, and grew up in a nearby suburb. Right now I’m 23 and about to finish getting a bachelors degree in computer science from Wayne State University. I’m what can be considered an open source entusiast. I like bitcoins, anime and long walks on the beach.

- chris200x9
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 02:51:02 PM

Why the stagnation?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:08:35 PM

Why the stagnation?

Closed due to lack of interest.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:17:20 PM

Fine... I proclaim myself Winner by Default.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:18:41 PM

Fine... I proclaim myself Winner by Default.

Second place!

hoo

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 03:35:09 PM

I see the only people who really signed on, post in every single thread on bitcointalk.

and We all Hate you.  Cool

bitcoin, 2nd most popular currency used by criminals.
The probability that you too are a criminal, is very high.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:36:25 PM

I see the only people who really signed on, post in every single thread on bitcointalk.

You hate all people who wanted to have fun in this 'competition'?

Nice.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 03:38:36 PM

Is it self-loathing if you are signed on, and then posted a hate comment about hating people who are signed on?

Just wondering.

Love and kisses,

Loup.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 03:44:15 PM

You hate all people who wanted to have fun in this 'competition'?

Nice.

Now, be kind to hoo, for one can clearly glean from his comments that he has EAS (Early Adopter Syndrome).

By default, I did make it to the second round due to having the second best bio--nudged out by Rassah's.

~Cackling Bear~
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 03:53:19 PM

Matthew's bio is way more impressive, though I'm claiming first place by virtue of pointing my miner at my prize address  Grin
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 04:25:09 PM

Matthew's bio is way more impressive, though I'm claiming first place by virtue of pointing my miner at my prize address  Grin

Hate to one-up you, but this is a contest:

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 05:05:33 PM

Are those Korean salarymen?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 05:10:49 PM

Chinese prisoners mining WOW gold while taking a break from their mundane Bitcoin Magazine duties.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 06:13:21 PM

Why the stagnation?

I've been pre-occupied organizing the event in San Antonio this weekend.

I wonder... maybe I should have a meat space version of Satoshi Superstars for attendees. Winner gets to lead the St. Patrick's Day parade and toss Casascius Coins to the crowd.

Still around.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 09:50:34 PM

Why the stagnation?

Closed due to lack of interest.

Well, how could anyone gauge the level of interest at this point? I think the idea should evolve to conform with the realities at hand. Time and again it has been proven that inactivity is the worst thing that can happen to Bitcoin-related projects. Though, if it's already dead, why am I still talking...
LoupGaroux

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 10:13:42 PM

It's not dead... it's only resting.
arabianights

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 04:15:39 PM

I'm almost as desperate for bitcoins as you are for applicants.

Application on its way.
Defkin

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 05:02:36 PM

I nominate astana for an entertaining contestant.

Plus if you are still short he has a few dozen alt personalities you can choose from as well Cheesy
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2012, 05:14:52 PM

Plus if you are still short he has a few dozen alt personalities you can choose from as well Cheesy

I was thinking the exact same thing, so I conducted a little bio cross referencing. Get out of my head, Defkin.

~Bruno~
triplehelix

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 09:18:40 PM

if this is really only resting and not dead, depending on whats required, i maybe convinced.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2012, 07:06:09 PM

Things have finally settled down, somewhat, at "Casa de edd" and I'm now fully committed to getting this thing going.

I been contacted by at least four forum members who have yet to follow through with the application process. I'll be emailing or messaging them one more reminder and then will begin a slightly more aggressive campaign to fill the last three spots. If, after a few days, I am unable to fill those spots, the contest will begin as-is and the process will be adjusted as necessary to accommodate the reduced number of contestants.

Current contestants:

1. Tuxavant
2. squidroe
3. LoupGaroux
4. Phinnaeus Gage
5. The Founder
6. chris200x9
7. cablepair
8. Matthew N. Wright
9. Rassah
10. Open
11. Open
12. Open

if this is really only resting and not dead, depending on whats required, i maybe convinced.

Contact me via a PM here or via the Contact Page at SatoshiSuperstars.com. I will then ask you to email me your bitcoin address for the prize should you win, a  short biography, a profile pic, and an agreement to the contest terms and conditions.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 02:01:41 AM

LadyBytes
LoupGaroux

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 04:18:47 PM

Well, look at Phinny throwing down before we even get started!

Nice.
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 04:20:54 PM

If LadyBytes actually bites and joins the competition, I'm pretty sure we all know who will win. And I don't even care. I just want to see more LadyBytes!!!

legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 04:40:23 PM

I wanna try.*

I entered, let's see how far I go, I might even get picked for round !

*try meaning I probably won't even get selected, and that I expect to lose horribly. Ron Paul attitude anyone?

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 05:44:32 PM

I wanna try.*

*try meaning I probably won't even get selected, and that I expect to lose horribly. Ron Paul attitude anyone?

Submission received and email sent!

Still waiting to hear from LadyBytes. Or any other female, for that matter.

Still around.
Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 05:50:37 PM

She is a smart cookie.. I'd bet money she's off working on some secret squirrel project to take advantage of this latest development.

legolouman

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 06:15:36 PM

I wanna try.*

Submission received and email sent!

Still waiting to hear from LadyBytes. Or any other female, for that matter.

I hath replied. I'm honored

edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 09:47:35 PM

Please welcome our newest contestant, legolouman!

Only two slots left to fill before the games begin.

She is a smart cookie.. I'd bet money she's off working on some secret squirrel project to take advantage of this latest development.

I noticed some traffic coming from your mention of the site on Reddit so, thanks for that, Tuxavant.

On a completely unrelated note, I also noticed someone found SatoshiSuperstars.com by searching "matthew n wright bitcoin".  Cheesy

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 10:22:55 PM

I noticed some traffic coming from your mention of the site on Reddit so, thanks for that, Tuxavant.

On a completely unrelated note, I also noticed someone found SatoshiSuperstars.com by searching "matthew n wright bitcoin".  Cheesy

That must have been a few days ago when Matthew Googled himself because, accounting to Google's forum, he's been banned from using Google search for 7 days due to trolling. First time in Google's history did they have to delete search inquiries for taking up too much bandwidth.

~Cackling Bear~
legolouman

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 12:43:20 AM

Sweetish, like the fish!

Why don't I know who LadyBytes is?

Tuxavant

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 12:46:21 AM

http://dai.ly/HBcaVl

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 12:49:42 AM

Sweetish, like the fish!

You should have no problems from here on out, for theymos just implemented a search option on this forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=search
legolouman

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 12:51:28 AM

So I see!

What is this 'search' you speak of? Must be a new feature. You youngins and your technology!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 04:01:37 PM

With LadyBytes (although, not yet) and the current cast of characters, I feel that this could turn out to be an amazing contest.

~Bruno~
bitbonga

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 04:02:22 PM

Chinese prisoners mining WOW gold while taking a break from their mundane Bitcoin Magazine duties.
Seems they like spending time digging gold in WOW more than spending time on their Bitcoin Magazine duties:)
legolouman

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 11:32:54 PM

With LadyBytes (although, not yet) and the current cast of characters, I feel that this could turn out to be an amazing contest.

~Bruno~

I agree! Certainly will be a trip

edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 11:50:32 PM

Okay, I think I've given those who've abandoned the application process enough time and will now move on to a more active campaign to recruit the last two contestants for the first season. Feel free to nominate your favorite forum member but, please, don't spam anyone's inbox.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 01:52:10 AM

Okay, I think I've given those who've abandoned the application process enough time and will now move on to a more active campaign to recruit the last two contestants for the first season. Feel free to nominate your favorite forum member but, please, don't spam anyone's inbox.

Great! I nominate LadyBytes. Who seconds, thirds, etc., this?

~Bruno~
LoupGaroux

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:03:13 AM

Second. I think she brings a refreshing level of articulate intelligence to the table. And she looks about a million percent better than me and my face made for radio.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Oh come on. If you start bringing girls into this I'm totally gonna pull in Yoon Yeonghwa.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 02:46:49 AM

You think she can run with the big dogs already listed? Have her apply.

And that by no means is meant to mean anything vis a vis physical attributes or feminine qualities or any other sexist crap like that, I mean if you think she can genuinely add to the task at hand, by all means. She looks about a million percent better than me, and my dear old Mom Garoux always told me the best way to be better at something is to challenge myself by being around others who are good at it. I think at the time she was directly referencing picking pockets and mountebank performances, but the point was well taken.
Defkin

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 03:29:51 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing, so I conducted a little bio cross referencing. Get out of my head, Defkin.

~Bruno~

I still nominate astana and one of his alts for last two spots Cheesy
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 03:34:08 AM

~Bruno~

I still nominate astana and one of his alts for last two spots Cheesy

I think he's limited to only posting on a couple threads to defend himself, for he's banned.

~Bruno~
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 06:49:28 AM

Please welcome the latest contestant in the Satoshi Superstars contest, Yoon Yeonghwa.

Only one spot left and males only outnumber females ten to one!

I know I corrected someone earlier in this thread, saying that Satoshi Superstars was meant to be more entertaining than exciting, but heck, it is getting exciting!

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 07:16:47 AM

Please welcome the latest contestant in the Satoshi Superstars contest, Yoon Yeonghwa.

Only one spot left and males only outnumber females ten to one!

I know I corrected someone earlier in this thread, saying that Satoshi Superstars was meant to be more entertaining than exciting, but heck, it is getting exciting!

What user name is Yoon Yeonghwa, or is it Yeonghwa Yoon, her official name on Facebook, using on this forum?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75493.msg836173#msg836173

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75493.msg836254#msg836254

Can I submit the spokesperson for BitViews, albeit she too will need me to pen her bio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNlEUcd10iM

~Bruno~
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 05:13:15 AM

And we're ready!

Mousepotato has graciously agreed to become a contestant in this inaugural season, ensuring an unforgettable Bitcoin first.

I'll be randomly assigning contestants to one of two teams and contacting them privately to go over their next steps. More info will be posted shortly but expect most details to be announced at the main site from now on: http://www.satoshisuperstars.com/

Don't forget to check out our Judges' blogs and the main site often.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 05:53:11 AM

And we're ready!

Mousepotato has graciously agreed to become a contestant in this inaugural season, ensuring an unforgettable Bitcoin first.

I'll be randomly assigning contestants to one of two teams and contacting them privately to go over their next steps. More info will be posted shortly but expect most details to be announced at the main site from now on: http://www.satoshisuperstars.com/

I'll assume it'll be via a PM, correct?

~Bruno~
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 05:56:03 AM

And we're ready!

I'll assume it'll be via a PM, correct?

~Bruno~

For you, for now, yes.

I've actually been meaning to get an email address from you - you're the only contestant I don't have one for (or at least one that you'll check!).

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 06:15:26 AM

http://www.satoshisuperstars.com/

...but this is all we could afford.

Hope you don't mind, for I tidied up the place a tad so that the twelve of us could feel at home.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 06:56:37 AM

http://www.satoshisuperstars.com/teams/

Team Satoshi is going to kick Team Nakamoto's ass!

Does anybody know where we can get an albino duck, an orange alpaca barrette, and a replica of a medieval bassoon? I'm not saying that we need these items, but if we did--again, not saying we need them--would you be so kind as to help us find these items on the internet?  Wink

~Bruno~ (Team Satoshi)
legolouman

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 01:04:15 PM

http://www.satoshisuperstars.com/teams/

Team Satoshi is going to kick Team Nakamoto's ass!

Does anybody know where we can get an albino duck, an orange alpaca barrette, and a replica of a medieval bassoon? I'm not saying that we need these items, but if we did--again, not saying we need them--would you be so kind as to help us find these items on the internet?  Wink

~Bruno~ (Team Satoshi)

Team Nakamoto ferrrdayyzzz

LoupGaroux

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 02:28:37 PM

He's messing with you Team Nackers... it's the alpaca that is supposed to be albino!

Loup (Team Satoshi)
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 03:34:01 PM

Wow, I feel like I'm a really nerdy version of Twilight Smiley

Mousepotato
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 05:22:43 PM

He's messing with you Team Nackers... it's the alpaca that is supposed to be albino!

Loup (Team Satoshi)

My bad! It's an orange duck and albino alpaca.
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 05:24:49 PM

Loup (Team Satoshi)

This reminded me of:

Mousepotato
legolouman

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 08:24:43 PM

This reminded me of:

My guess is Nuggers.

Urban Dictionary definition:
Nuggers
People who take your nuggets and hog the barbecue sauce.
You goddamn nuggers! Give me back my barbecue sauce!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 08:39:57 PM

This reminded me of:

My guess is Nuggers.

Urban Dictionary definition:
Nuggers
People who take your nuggets and hog the barbecue sauce.
You goddamn nuggers! Give me back my barbecue sauce!

BINGO! Randy just brought a vowel--"I".

~Bruno~
Mousepotato

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 04:51:26 PM

So when do we start?  BONESAW'S READY!

Mousepotato
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 06:31:57 PM

Sorry about the delay. Had family stuff going on this weekend, not to mention the Bitcoiduit launch, and I'm running RL errands today. Contestants will be getting another email in a few hours.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2012, 06:56:29 PM

Sorry about the delay. Had family stuff going on this weekend, not to mention the Bitcoiduit launch, and I'm running RL errands today. Contestants will be getting another email in a few hours.

If our team's first challenge has anything to do with the island of Yap, we should be able to win the first round hands-down, for I've become quite an expert (via Wikipedia) on Stoned Money within the past couple hours.

~Cackling Bear~

LoupGaroux

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 07:55:47 PM

Now- that's some funny stuff right there!

I wonder if Team Nackers knows about the whole Pirate Theme that has been implemented on this contest? Y'ar!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 01:29:18 PM

I used to like you guys a lot, but now that we are on different teams I can't afford to like you. I'll do anything for barely $480!

You're going down mother fuckers!

EDIT: Sorry Yeonghwa Sad

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 01:49:04 PM

I used to like you guys a lot, but now that we are on different teams I can't afford to like you. I'll do anything for barely $480!

I have two women on my team. The other team has Matthew. I want to thank whoever made it possible to keep the teams balanced in that aspect.

If I win, I'm donating the winnings toward Bitcoin 100, sans a year's prescription to Bitcoin Magazine and new underwear.

(image of my old underwear, forthcoming)

~Bruno~
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 02:14:40 PM

* rjk prepares the eye-salve and a vomit basin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 02:15:47 PM

I have two women on my team. The other team has Matthew. I want to thank whoever made it possible to keep the teams balanced in that aspect.

If I win, I'm donating the winnings toward Bitcoin 100, sans a year's prescription to Bitcoin Magazine and new underwear.

~Bruno~

Oh you're just mad that the judges obviously counted me as being worth both you and LoupGaroux put together.

Remember the 5 Ds of Dodgeball!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 02:47:04 PM

~Bruno~

Oh you're just mad that the judges obviously counted me as being worth both you and LoupGaroux put together.

Remember the 5 Ds of Dodgeball!

Why isn't dribble on the list?

buttcoin

Activity: 116

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 08:40:27 PM

Why didn't I hear about this earlier?  Angry

legolouman

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 08:56:46 PM

Because Potato

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 08:47:20 AM

Because Potato

Portal?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 01:35:23 PM

So... is this happening? There's nothing on that site, even after login, except for the task.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 01:53:34 PM

So... is this happening? There's nothing on that site, even after login, except for the task.

You were able to login, Rassah? I hope I didn't miss the email from edd for, as of yet, I'm not able to login.

~Bruno~
legolouman

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 07:40:24 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2012, 07:55:06 PM by legolouman

I'm not sure how to log in...?

EDIT: I fail... I found the email.

LoupGaroux

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 08:53:46 PM

I can log in, I can find the task, I have some interesting thoughts about the task... but I don't see no forum for us to discuss amongst ourselves or do that other stuff we are supposedly team-doing.

And I for the life of me cannot believe that they really want us to prove who is buried in Grant's Tomb, DNA? Yuck!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 09:02:50 PM

I can log in, I can find the task, I have some interesting thoughts about the task... but I don't see no forum for us to discuss amongst ourselves or do that other stuff we are supposedly team-doing.

And I for the life of me cannot believe that they really want us to prove who is buried in Grant's Tomb, DNA? Yuck!

You have to go to the dashboard (It's really counter intuitive, and anyone who isn't used to wordpress will have a problem I'm sure), and select "recent topics" and communicate that way.

I've seen online schools with better interfaces, but whatever. Let's do this. Wtf@ having only a week and 2-3 days is already wasted  Roll Eyes

edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 12:33:33 AM

You were able to login, Rassah? I hope I didn't miss the email from edd for, as of yet, I'm not able to login.

~Bruno~

Phinnaeus, did you not receive an email with your username and password for this part of the contest?

Still around.
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 12:35:16 AM

The menu near the top of the page should have three pages listed, "Home," "Log In," and "Task." Home is your forum which you'll have access to once you log in.

Still around.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 03:54:37 AM

I just replied on our forum, LoupGaroux. I/We just figured out how to do it without DNA, but does include a shovel.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 07:29:24 PM

Rumor has it that Team Nakamotæ hasn't even begun to tackle the first task yet, whereas Team Satoshi can easily present our paper now, although we'll wait till close to the deadline since we've learned that one of the judges is close to the other camp and don't want to tip our hand prematurely like an ejaculation.

~Bruno~

legolouman

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 07:52:50 PM

Rumor has it that Team Nakamotæ hasn't even begun to tackle the first task yet, whereas Team Satoshi can easily present our paper now, although we'll wait till close to the deadline since we've learned that one of the judges is close to the other camp and don't want to tip our hand prematurely like an ejaculation.

~Bruno~

LIES, AND PROPEGANDA

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 08:54:39 PM

Exactly where did I lie and where did I propaganda (and you spelt it wrongly, proff if your team does submit a paper, will probably me fulled with grmmmacal errors0

~B~
legolouman

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 09:28:50 PM

~Bruno~

LIES, AND PROPAGANDA

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 04:41:57 PM

I'm sad to say that I'm bowing out of this great competition. Reason being is that I have not allowed myself enough time to help my team fulfill the given task. It would be unfair if I were allowed to continue to phase two of the competition without really doing much in phase one. This should make the task a tad easier during the voting and judging process. I stand behind edd in this wonderful contest and truly wish all the remaining contestants luck.

That said, I guess this negates what I've penned in my last couple posts on this thread, but you probably already knew that they were falsehoods, moreover, they were just part of the game.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 10:39:56 PM

The hope the two teams have presented their tasks and wish they luck.

~Bruno~
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 10:41:14 PM

I feel like the winner of Satoshi Superstars is going to be the last man standing.

legolouman

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 07:23:25 PM

I'm sad to say that I'm bowing out of this great competition. Reason being is that I have not allowed myself enough time to help my team fulfill the given task. It would be unfair if I were allowed to continue to phase two of the competition without really doing much in phase one. This should make the task a tad easier during the voting and judging process. I stand behind edd in this wonderful contest and truly wish all the remaining contestants luck.

That said, I guess this negates what I've penned in my last couple posts on this thread, but you probably already knew that they were falsehoods, moreover, they were just part of the game.

~Bruno~

I two feel it necessary to drop out of the Satoshi Superstars contest. I have not been around, due to unforeseen events, and did not aid Nakamoto very much (at all?) in phase one. I'm sorry I wasn't much of a help, and maybe some other time, I will rise to the top.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 03:59:18 PM

If people are just dropping out voluntarily, I will stay in just to win 100BTC by default  Grin
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:28:14 PM

So has the 100 btc been paid out yet? If so, who's the winner.

cryptopaths

Activity: 616

Crypto Knight

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:46:40 PM

So has the 100 btc been paid out yet? If so, who's the winner.

lol this thread is 2 years old, 100btc was worth an okay amount when this contest started but now it would be a really big deal if someone was running a 100btc contest.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 10:47:43 PM

Yes well this is a look into history Smiley

and indeed there wasn't final ann with a winner ... or I missed something while reading this thread Smiley)

Satoshi Superstar! Smiley where are you?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:07:57 PM

and indeed there wasn't final ann with a winner ... or I missed something while reading this thread Smiley)

Many of the contestants are missing. Two of them are known scammers of those one is permanently banned, three are missing in action, one is a suicidal teenager, one is a chronic troll/spammer just coming back from a ban and one is a teenaged porn star.

cryptopaths

Activity: 616

Crypto Knight

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:22:23 PM

Many of the contestants are missing. Two of them are known scammers of those one is permanently banned, three are missing in action, one is a suicidal teenager, one is a chronic troll/spammer just coming back from a ban and one is a teenaged porn star.

proof or that's basically just fud.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:58:01 PM

Those were the "Superstars" in 2012!
...and somehow 2013 turned out to be a great year for BTC.  Smiley

edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 02:34:29 AM

Satoshi Superstars was a dud. It was my first attempt at an internet "game show" and there were several things I could have done better. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

In the first round, I divided the contestants into two teams...and they started dropping out like flies. Some announced their withdrawals here, some just disappeared and didn't respond to emails or messages. In the end, both teams just ran out of steam and the second round was never initiated.

I've kept the domain and website; maybe one day I'll resurrect it in a new format.

I know and corresponded with many of the contestants outside this project and I think most of them would agree with his characterizations (though even QA should admit there is a line between "swimsuit model" and "porn star" that I don't believe was crossed).

Still around.
elavenil

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:39:33 AM

who digged this two year old thread.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:43:47 AM

@edd, It was a good experiment, and they should not have dropped out so fast.

You can easily tell by looking at the post dates. 

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:55:50 AM

MnW is permabanned, cablepair is a scammer, one of them is Atlas (a teen that threatened suicide on the forum), PG just returned from a ban for spamming/trolling, the teen that Matt brought here was accused in a thread of doing child porn and Matt was accused of being a pedo, I haven't seen LoupGaroux (I really liked him), legolouman or squidroe in at least a year.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 05:14:59 AM

MnW is permabanned, cablepair is a scammer, one of them is Atlas (a teen that threatened suicide on the forum), PG just returned from a ban for spamming/trolling, the teen that Matt brought here was accused in a thread of doing child porn and Matt was accused of being a pedo, I haven't seen LoupGaroux (I really liked him), legolouman or squidroe in at least a year.

I miss Loup also, and believe he's in the Chicagoland area. I would love to meet him.

I've yet to participate on the trust thingy, otherwise I would +(?) edd. He's a good guy.

I wonder what ever happened to that Corned Beef Hash dude.  Roll Eyes For some reason I have him pegged as some old fart, older than I.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:58:02 AM

I miss Loup also, and believe he's in the Chicagoland area. I would love to meet him.

I've yet to participate on the trust thingy, otherwise I would +(?) edd. He's a good guy.

I wonder what ever happened to that Corned Beef Hash dude.  Roll Eyes For some reason I have him pegged as some old fart, older than I.

LOL - I think he died of Alzheimer's disease. Isn't it funny that people care about the labels this forum gives us when in real life we're just people like everyone else. I found Matt btw. He's posting his ass off in the Korean subreddit.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 06:32:48 AM

I wonder what ever happened to that Corned Beef Hash dude.  Roll Eyes For some reason I have him pegged as some old fart, older than I.

LOL - I think he died of Alzheimer's disease. Isn't it funny that people care about the labels this forum gives us when in real life we're just people like everyone else. I found Matt btw. He's posting his ass off in the Korean subreddit.

Really! Don't give me any clues, for I'm goin' try to figure out for myself what user name he's usin' before I surrender and PM you for a clue.

EDIT: I 7hink I got lucky and found him sans clickin' a single 7hread. How close am I?
go4nature

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:43:30 AM

QuestionAuthority is the one who digged old thread.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

QuestionAuthority is the one who digged old thread.

Guilty as charged there sweet tits.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 04:22:06 AM

And one is the cute one Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: