Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:18:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.BitcoinExchange.cc - BTC / MtGoxUSD / Liberty Reserve / WU / MoneyGram  (Read 114251 times)
johnjohnx2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 04:22:11 AM

Hopefully I'll be getting mine soon, been waiting since the 17th of June.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huayra.agera

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 04:30:52 AM

Maybe mods can have this thread stickied and have the title updated?

BTC: 1JMPScxohom4MXy9X1Vgj8AGwcHjT8XTuy
Benjie

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 09:19:02 AM

This guy is still not paying, not replying and isnt goin online at all....ICQ, AIM, or Skype.
Vasco (OP)
Donator

Activity: 213

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:34:53 PM

This guy is still not paying, not replying and isnt goin online at all....ICQ, AIM, or Skype.

Benjie,

This weekend was a holiday weekend in the USA and I was not available for inquiries.

I have e-mailed you asking for your address to send your 7.92BTC and have not gotten a reply.

Send me your destination BTC address, I still have your BTC as they were not cashed out because you asked me not to.

Everyone else,

Another round of cash payments went out via wire and ACH, so if you are in that category you should get it today.

Anyone who has an outstanding gift card, WU, or moneypak order should see them arriving this week.

After this last batch is taken care of, I will have zero backlog and payouts will be back to their near-instant timeframe.

cdnbcguy

Activity: 128

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 04:14:34 PM

Anyone who has an outstanding gift card, WU, or moneypak order should see them arriving this week.

This is excellent news.

Annona ad! Please keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with Bitcoin itself. All it's scandals are caused by wonky websites and sleazy people exploiting it. The light attracts bugs.

When all this bullshit drys up and blows away, Bitcoin will be stronger than ever.
Benjie

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 06:44:25 PM

Benjie,

This weekend was a holiday weekend in the USA and I was not available for inquiries.

I have e-mailed you asking for your address to send your 7.92BTC and have not gotten a reply.

Send me your destination BTC address, I still have your BTC as they were not cashed out because you asked me not to.

Everyone else,

Another round of cash payments went out via wire and ACH, so if you are in that category you should get it today.

After this last batch is taken care of, I will have zero backlog and payouts will be back to their near-instant timeframe.

Ok please exchange them to Liberty Reserve for me...This is my liberty reserve's account U5429228. I hope I'll see my money soon
ExchangeNothing

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 11:22:14 PM

Someone started a newbie thread about BitcoinExchange.cc for anyone who can't post here.
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=22237.0

...another deadline and another disappointment...
He wrote "tomorrow for sure" on the 29th. I got an email the 30th that said he would send it Friday morning (July 1st)

As of today (July 5th) I have still not been paid.
I got another email this morning that said
"I am going to send it today"

Apparently he went out of town and was unable to answer any emails over the last 4 days. I am glad he posts here and I really hope I do get my money. It has been OVER THREE WEEKS. I will post here when I get paid.
Vasco (OP)
Donator

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 03:25:05 AM

Okay, everyone who was waiting for a Western Union that is over 1 week old should have received their MCTN's by now, and same with everyone who was awaiting an electronic gift card of some sort.

Send me a PM or e-mail if you have not gotten yours.

I am doing the remaining Vanilla Visa gift cards tomorrow afternoon, after which point in time I will be back within the 72 hour processing window.

Once the payout backlog is cleared, I will open up the new automated cashout interface.

Thanks again for your patience everyone, we were able to get through the tough month and put it all behind us because everyone was so cooperative.

johnjohnx2

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 03:27:16 AM

Just got my Amazon gift card. It took a little while but not really his fault because of the MtGox problems. He's paying out now.  Grin
cdnbcguy

Activity: 128

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 03:51:46 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2011, 09:56:35 PM by cdnbcguy

Ok - my WU payment came through. I'm impressed with how this has been handled. I think www.BitcoinExchange.cc's reputation will be enhanced by this, after what could have been a disaster.

I am looking forward to the day, in the immediate future, when I can fill in a form, send x bitcoins to an address and almost immediately be given a WU #, like in 5 minutes when it's verified by the blocks.

Annona ad! Please keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with Bitcoin itself. All it's scandals are caused by wonky websites and sleazy people exploiting it. The light attracts bugs.

When all this bullshit drys up and blows away, Bitcoin will be stronger than ever.
t3h

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 09, 2011, 02:12:06 PM

Still waiting on a visa vanilla card, since 15th June. Was planning on using it to fund a Kickstarter project, which closes in 9 days... if I even get it before then.
ExchangeNothing

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:11:03 AM

tl, dr
BitcoinExchange paid me,  and it was an awful experience.

BitcoinExchange paid me in $885 (less 5.5%, less $52 WU fee, less $8) last Wednesday.
It took OVER THREE WEEKS to get my money.

I consider BitcoinExchange to be honest, but not fast or easy to deal with.

In his defense **SOME** of the issues were beyond his control but some things were his fault.

In general he took much longer than 24 hours to reply to emails. Often 3 days and occasionally more.

When I first wanted to do business with him I emailed him exactly what I needed and when. He sent me a personalized resonance and said he could send me money within about 24 hours. This was AFTER Paypal had frozen a lot of his funds, June 11th.

When I wrote him after 48 hours he responded (36 hours later) that the time frame was 24-72 hours and I could expect my money with in the NEXT 72 hours. This already put me 5 days into a 24-72 hour order.  When I emailed him again he said he would pay me “tonight or tomorrow morning” Three days AFTER that email, MtGox hacked and crashed. The MtGox crash should not have affected my order.

For the next 10 days he did not respond to emails. I warned him I would start posting a fair account of the transaction on the forum but did not get a response until after I actually did so.

He wrote "tomorrow for sure" on the June 29th. I got an email the 30th that said he would send it Friday morning (July 1st). I did not hear from him again for the next four days. He said he had cash in hand but I wasn't actually paid until two days after that.

Throughout this ordeal he has blamed PayPal, MtGox, and Western Union. The first two should not have affected my order and he had options for working around WU, which he eventually used.

Besides being very slow and lack communication, a few other  things really annoy me. He took a 4 day vacation for 4th of July while I was stuck at home waiting for a little cash. He charged an undisclosed $8 mystery fee in addition to the 5.5% and the WU charge. 

This was a bad experience for me and I would not recommend BitcoinExchange. Yes, he is honest about giving you your money but not about his other promises. I think he means well but makes excuses is simply not equipped to run his business professionally.

His emails were polite and the actual transaction was great. If I had not waited three weeks and had a pile of unfulfilled promises I would have given an outstanding review.

TL, DR
BitcoinExchange paid me,  and it was an awful experience.
Vasco (OP)
Donator

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:50:23 AM

tl, dr
BitcoinExchange paid me,  and it was an awful experience.

BitcoinExchange paid me in $885 (less 5.5%, less $52 WU fee, less $8) last Wednesday.
It took OVER THREE WEEKS to get my money.

I consider BitcoinExchange to be honest, but not fast or easy to deal with.

In his defense **SOME** of the issues were beyond his control but some things were his fault.

In general he took much longer than 24 hours to reply to emails. Often 3 days and occasionally more.

When I first wanted to do business with him I emailed him exactly what I needed and when. He sent me a personalized resonance and said he could send me money within about 24 hours. This was AFTER Paypal had frozen a lot of his funds, June 11th.

When I wrote him after 48 hours he responded (36 hours later) that the time frame was 24-72 hours and I could expect my money with in the NEXT 72 hours. This already put me 5 days into a 24-72 hour order.  When I emailed him again he said he would pay me “tonight or tomorrow morning” Three days AFTER that email, MtGox hacked and crashed. The MtGox crash should not have affected my order.

For the next 10 days he did not respond to emails. I warned him I would start posting a fair account of the transaction on the forum but did not get a response until after I actually did so.

He wrote "tomorrow for sure" on the June 29th. I got an email the 30th that said he would send it Friday morning (July 1st). I did not hear from him again for the next four days. He said he had cash in hand but I wasn't actually paid until two days after that.

Throughout this ordeal he has blamed PayPal, MtGox, and Western Union. The first two should not have affected my order and he had options for working around WU, which he eventually used.

Besides being very slow and lack communication, a few other  things really annoy me. He took a 4 day vacation for 4th of July while I was stuck at home waiting for a little cash. He charged an undisclosed $8 mystery fee in addition to the 5.5% and the WU charge.  

This was a bad experience for me and I would not recommend BitcoinExchange. Yes, he is honest about giving you your money but not about his other promises. I think he means well but makes excuses is simply not equipped to run his business professionally.

His emails were polite and the actual transaction was great. If I had not waited three weeks and had a pile of unfulfilled promises I would have given an outstanding review.

TL, DR
BitcoinExchange paid me,  and it was an awful experience.

There is no $8 mystery fee, that is how much WU costs to send.

WU is becoming a nightmare to deal with, as they are constantly reversing transactions on me, both incoming and outgoing. We still offer them, but if you use MoneyGram the chances of your funds arriving on time will be much higher.

I'm sorry your experience was not to your satisfaction, but understand many people were delayed by the combination of  PayPal freezing funds, MtGox getting hacked and going offline, and WU reversing transactions.

These are all challenges we overcame during the month of June, and in spite of all that we still managed to get your quoted payment to you. Next time use MoneyGram.

Our next round of payouts goes out tomorrow evening, this includes WU's, MoneyPaks, and gift cards.

F104

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 01:17:42 PM

Does BitcoinExchange.cc  accept Vanilla Visa cards for BTC purchase? Sorry if the answer is in the thread, I looked but there’s a lot of posts and I may have missed it.

thanks
Wackittohard

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 05:01:33 PM

Delivered Giftcard as promised within 24hours of receiving payment. Good guy, will use again.
F104

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 05:48:23 PM

Exactly how do I buy BTC with a moneygram?

At moneygram’s website I see many options but none that allow me to immediately transfer money to bitcoinexchange.cc online. Everything seems to be the purchase of a card that I wait for or a piece of paper that I mail.

I thought I could do something electronically from me to moneygram then me to bitcoinexchange.cc.

Please clarify.
tanerlorn

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 08:40:15 PM

Received a payment, payment was very fast and service was professional.
t3h

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 01:20:39 PM

Finally got my Visa card details - it took a long time, but he is actually sending them out.
Vasco (OP)
Donator

SEIZED by Gunthar

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:04:35 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2011, 09:40:06 PM by BitcoinExchange

We are still working on our automated BTC cashout page, so in the mean time we are still processing Bitcoin cashouts manually via e-mail, Skype, and AIM.

Automated cashout form now available! - http://www.bitcoinexchange.cc/sellbtc.php

A few people have said they prefer the personalized service better than a web form.

PGP / OTR recommended!

http://www.bitcoinexchange.cc/bitcoinexchange.public.key

F104

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 04:13:42 AM

Does BitcoinExchange.cc  accept Vanilla Visa cards for BTC purchase? Sorry if the answer is in the thread, I looked but there’s a lot of posts and I may have missed it.

thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: