Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:11:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: pet peeve: when people send bitcoins with NO TX FEE  (Read 1534 times)
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:58:24 AM

At some point a minimum fee of SOMETHING should be required. After all BTC  block rewards to going to go down and down and then the fees are the only way the miners will continue and make sure the BTC network is secure. People sending with no fee are in fact selfish free riders.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:00:07 AM

and now i'm stuck waiting an indefinite amount of time waiting for a gracious miner that will add this transaction to a block for no fee.

cmon its only 0.0001 BTC!

The miners are just a bunch of greedy bastards.  Like that extra 0.0001 BTC on top of the 25 BTC block reward really makes a difference.

The fee is there to stop spam dust transactions from clogging the network, from what I recall.

I'm just complaining about the wait time.

It's for this and to help give added rewards. When the block rewards are almost 0, miners will only be rewarded based on transaction fees. Might as well get in the habit of paying them now, :p.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:05:38 AM

With most clients already sticking in a fee or asking you to change your fee to a more appropriate one according to your tx I still find it hard to believe people try and send without a fee. Yes there are cases where you can make a feeless tx and have it confirm in reasonable time but in general you won't be able to do so, so unless you're willing to wait and 5c matters so much to you then why bother.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:10:40 AM

With most clients already sticking in a fee or asking you to change your fee to a more appropriate one according to your tx I still find it hard to believe people try and send without a fee. Yes there are cases where you can make a feeless tx and have it confirm in reasonable time but in general you won't be able to do so, so unless you're willing to wait and 5c matters so much to you then why bother.

If the amount you're sending is 0.01 BTC+ and is under 10KB, sending without a fee shouldn't cause any issues. There are not enough transactions to fill blocks yet (as far as I'm aware), and most pools/miners should be picking up the 0.01BTC+ no-fee transactions without hesitation.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:25:54 AM

Frugality ftw!  Cheesy
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:26:30 AM

Most of us already know the use of transaction fees, but I know for certain that Mr. Average Joe Blow that uses bitcoins will not understand the technical aspect of it.

And if you are Joe Blow, this is for you  Cheesy: You do not need to pay a transaction fee if the coins in your wallet are "mature" enough. If they're not mature and it's a small payment, then you're at the mercy of the miners to confirm your payment if you decide not to pay the fee. SO PAY THE FEE.

Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:02:49 AM

I always send a fee but I can understand when newbs dont, especially if their faucet dust has been hard worked lol
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: