Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:26:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which is your favorite mainstream Social Network  (Voting closed: February 12, 2012, 02:11:42 PM)
FACEBOOK - 11 (23.9%)
GOOGLE+ - 4 (8.7%)
Twitter - 4 (8.7%)
Myspace - 2 (4.3%)
other - 4 (8.7%)
NONE - 21 (45.7%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Social Network  (Read 2433 times)
WhiteWine

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 03:57:30 AM

I voted for Twitter. I admit I'm addicted to it.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 03:17:23 PM

Mars rover is the best twitter
http://twitter.com/marscuriosity

@BadBear: You could have made it out of century-old barn wood.

http://utahrusticfurniture.com/images/Wild%20West%20Credenza.JPG

That could probably look good, considering it's a log house. The rest of the furniture would be a horrible mismatch though.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 03:39:44 PM

Man, I'm so surprised more people DON'T use facecock or any other iteration of it than that do on here. Although thats good to see Smiley . I left that crap years ago and its the best thing i ever did. So many people blag me about joining back up to keep in touch but i really cant do with the BS from just being on there. I know its helped so many people around the world (Arab spring and all) but it causes FAR more problems than anything before in people lives. And it's everywhere. A recent Kit-Kat chunky vote to keep people favourite one in production is facecock vote only! This is a minor issue but it a good issue to point out the point im making. Why? What about the people that actually BUY THE PRODUCTS! Me for example. I cant vote cause im not on facecock. WTF! do they realise more people ARE NOT on facecock than ARE! I'm sick of having facecock/twatter shoved in my face every 10 minutes. I don't want my phone stuffed with it either and it seems to be a selling point these days for them! First thing i do is flash the fooker Tongue

People are nosey as well cause they have nothing better do with there own lives. It's really sad. You might tell i'm a bit biased here and your not going convince me that facebook is a good thing for me (it has its moments of cause) but seriously, GET A LIFE! And all the information that these companies are harvesting is just insane. Legally or not, they don't care (facecock). So many people moan about keeping there lives private then sign up to these things and freely give it all away. And people that think its just 'good for keeping in touch' just don't have a clue about the motives of these companies. IT'S NOT FREE! It just helps make more of a police state if you ask me. But the UK is already a police state tbh, just that people don't realise it or just don't want to admit it to themselves. Blighty's have turned into a right bunch of wussies who bend over for anyone and take it hard IMO.

/rant Cheesy

I definitely need get out of this place. Somewhere tranquil and out of the way of the absolute BS of this modern world we've made for ourselves lol. Any suggestions? Cheesy
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 03:42:55 PM

/rant Cheesy

I definitely need get out of this place. Somewhere tranquil and out of the way of the absolute BS of this modern world we've made for ourselves lol. Any suggestions? Cheesy
I recommend the Sahara desert, a satellite connection for your miners, and a fuckload of batteries and solar panels (also for the miners, as well as A/C for you). You should also consider experimenting with Stirling engines and molten sodium reactors.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
TheHeroMember

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 03:51:11 AM

I like facebook because there are new faces everyday.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
TheHeroMember

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 03:53:14 AM

I like facebook because there are new faces everyday.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 04:12:43 AM

Man, I'm so surprised more people DON'T use facecock or any other iteration of it than that do on here. Although thats good to see Smiley . I left that crap years ago and its the best thing i ever did. So many people blag me about joining back up to keep in touch but i really cant do with the BS from just being on there. I know its helped so many people around the world (Arab spring and all) but it causes FAR more problems than anything before in people lives. And it's everywhere. A recent Kit-Kat chunky vote to keep people favourite one in production is facecock vote only! This is a minor issue but it a good issue to point out the point im making. Why? What about the people that actually BUY THE PRODUCTS! Me for example. I cant vote cause im not on facecock. WTF! do they realise more people ARE NOT on facecock than ARE! I'm sick of having facecock/twatter shoved in my face every 10 minutes. I don't want my phone stuffed with it either and it seems to be a selling point these days for them! First thing i do is flash the fooker Tongue

People are nosey as well cause they have nothing better do with there own lives. It's really sad. You might tell i'm a bit biased here and your not going convince me that facebook is a good thing for me (it has its moments of cause) but seriously, GET A LIFE! And all the information that these companies are harvesting is just insane. Legally or not, they don't care (facecock). So many people moan about keeping there lives private then sign up to these things and freely give it all away. And people that think its just 'good for keeping in touch' just don't have a clue about the motives of these companies. IT'S NOT FREE! It just helps make more of a police state if you ask me. But the UK is already a police state tbh, just that people don't realise it or just don't want to admit it to themselves. Blighty's have turned into a right bunch of wussies who bend over for anyone and take it hard IMO.

/rant Cheesy

I, too, don't use Facebook, but have a couple accounts nonetheless. The other day, I had to fire up an account to read some Bitcoin related material. I opt to use a bogus account that I know as a fact I provided no true information. I was shocked to see on the right my sister's account with Facebook stating that this person may be somebody you know. No SHIT! Now how the hell did they know that? I have 3 accounts that none of my family know about. As you stated, I didn't want to get caught up in all their newly created drama. Drama that wouldn't have been created if the parties weren't on Facebook.

~Bruno~

PS: I'll suggest Earthship, outside Taos, New Mexico, to get away from this modern world.

m3sSh3aD

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 09:34:07 AM

I, too, don't use Facebook, but have a couple accounts nonetheless. The other day, I had to fire up an account to read some Bitcoin related material. I opt to use a bogus account that I know as a fact I provided no true information. I was shocked to see on the right my sister's account with Facebook stating that this person may be somebody you know. No SHIT! Now how the hell did they know that? I have 3 accounts that none of my family know about. As you stated, I didn't want to get caught up in all their newly created drama. Drama that wouldn't have been created if the parties weren't on Facebook.

~Bruno~

PS: I'll suggest Earthship, outside Taos, New Mexico, to get away from this modern world.

Ill have a gander at that place Smiley

On facebook, when you log into it it tracks your movements and many other things. Even when you log out it will inform facebook when you log back in of all your activities. This is why there in alot of bother now as users have requested ALL information they hold on them which they are meant to disclose BY LAW. They send a CD with the information on to you (if your lucky) but on closer inspection it's just a ruse and the information they provide isnt the full list of information or what they do. If they revealed that they would be in trouble.

This is why if you even have a account (or 3) like you do it doesn’t matter. Disabling cookies helps a little but its rather inconvenient. As i say, People just say to me 'Well its good for keeping in touch with people' but that just shows to me how much they have no clue about technology or the aim of these advertising giants, Cause thats all they are. Massive advertising w**kers. The biggest of them all. As bill hicks once said, They should all just 'F**K OFF AND DIE!, No, Seriously, From the bottom of my heart, F**K OFF & DIE!' Hahaha
vite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 02:48:58 PM

Doesn't Bitcointalk keep track of users for anonymous statistical purposes, once you log in, it even tells you the amount of time youve dedicated to the forum.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2012, 03:51:33 PM

Yeah it keeps all kinds of stats, for yourself and the board.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
TheHeroMember

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 03:58:38 AM

Its a social network obviously for socializing with the socialites. And the word privacy has no room for it.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: