Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:43:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheapest way to fund MtGox?  (Read 5448 times)
ZooKeeper74 (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 07:37:50 AM

Just curious if there's anything within MtGox worth pursuing, since every option seems to lead to more signing up with more firms that dont explain theirselves very well,more passwords to lose, and alot of unnecessary u-turning.. What type of transfer rates can you get funding MtGox accounts? I thought they may help me out, but now its all about signing up with Liberty reserve forums, Dwolla forums,etc and really never coming up with a reassuring method to fund the account.. So far, BT-OTC has been cheaper, and easier, but I cant expect to always find whai I'm looking for their. Plus I forgot how to post offers and leave feedback after signing up with about 6hundred btc related firms and forums.. Of the 80+% of bitcoin traffic MtGox claims, how many of them are small time hobbyist like me? Cant be much..
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 04:59:41 PM

From what I've seen, if you're in the US then Dwolla has the lowest fees. (http://help.dwolla.com/customer/portal/articles/86684-dwolla-fees)

The funding time isn't as fast as other services; but the other ones charge quite a bit more.

Faster ones that I've looked into charge up to 5%.

So if you're just a hobbyist and don't NEED the bitcoins immediately and can wait 4-7 days for funds to transfer from bank -> Dwolla -> MtGox then Dwolla is best I would think.

ZooKeeper74 (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 06:37:56 AM

thanks, I have an account w them and will probably try them out.. I'd like faster transfers,but low fees kinda takes priority,lol.  So transfers from the bank to Dwolla will take time, what about transfering out, any hoops?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 08:07:39 AM

what about transfering out, any hoops?

Transfers from Dwolla to your bank can be as early as next day (if you are early enough in the day) to two or three business days.
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Dwolla

Just don't rely on these timelines though - there have been delays moving from Mt. Gox to Dwolla when Gox didn't have enough funds at Dwolla.  There have also been times when Dwolla's small staff has been overwhelmed causing further delays.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █