Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:44:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Monero the new DarkCoin?  (Read 2582 times)
tljenson

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:00:40 AM

There is something going on regarding the encryption algorithm. I looked into mining this currency, not only did I find out that it based of a very unique algorithm, but doesn't even have a GUI wallet, because of it. They can't just rip off a QT wallet because it's that different. The fact that it's shot so high so fast is pretty amazing considering it doesn't even have a GUI wallet. There something marketing changing about this algorithm that I think makes a big different between it and Darkcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 08:12:37 AM

There is something going on regarding the encryption algorithm. I looked into mining this currency, not only did I find out that it based of a very unique algorithm, but doesn't even have a GUI wallet, because of it. They can't just rip off a QT wallet because it's that different. The fact that it's shot so high so fast is pretty amazing considering it doesn't even have a GUI wallet. There something marketing changing about this algorithm that I think makes a big different between it and Darkcoin.

umm XMR does in fact have a gui wallet, several Cryptonote coins do now..... look deeper and the answers shall be clear for you.
samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:45:42 AM

Now the question was whether the drk new XMR

vhong

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:47:46 AM

Now the question was whether the drk new XMR

I don't think XMR is the new DRK they are different in many ways. Monero is only huge on Poloniex but has low volume on other exchanges.
samaricanin

Activity: 697

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:54:02 AM

DRK fall down, we shall see how it will stand for a month  Wink

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 09:52:21 AM

XC has multi-path plus encrypted IM and soon  free voice video calling + block chain 2.0 and web 3.0 tech and in wallet purchasing and launching there own ATM's. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.0

SDC right now has anonymous transactions, and encrypted IM, android & IOS wallet that supports encrypted IM, it was released 17 july by the end of September it will have lite version of android and IOS that support free IM, video and voice calling and a trust less version of zk-SNARKs+ plus more stuff to follow.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.0

what were you saying about XMR and DRK again? oh yeah XMR is the next DRK AKA Dead....
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:57:44 AM

You and your zkSnarks bullshit, stuff where matthew green and eli work since months/years on you are pulling out of your ass, dream on.

I think that i can speak for DRK and XMR at this point, both don´t need encrypted IM non sense, they are currencies.
If i want to chat encrypted i use Jabber+OTR or Bitmessage, encrypted chat is useless if no one else uses it in the world.

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 12:19:55 PM

You and your zkSnarks bullshit, stuff where matthew green and eli work since months/years on you are pulling out of your ass, dream on.

I think that i can speak for DRK and XMR at this point, both don´t need encrypted IM non sense, they are currencies.
If i want to chat encrypted i use Jabber+OTR or Bitmessage, encrypted chat is useless if no one else uses it in the world.
well we will see if it is released next month what will you say then...and Drk has failed every update they have had it's a joke, and XMR is ok but they sure taking there sweet as time to improve anything, so drop your hostility your not intimidating or impressing me, and you don't represent the rest of the world and have no idea what they will or won't use, this is about innovation and the two i mentioned have far more then anything you mentioned.
Raw-H

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:49:48 PM

well we will see if it is released next month what will you say then...and Drk has failed every update they have had it's a joke, and XMR is ok but they sure taking there sweet as time to improve anything, so drop your hostility your not intimidating or impressing me, and you don't represent the rest of the world and have no idea what they will or won't use, this is about innovation and the two i mentioned have far more then anything you mentioned.

It's an entirely new code. So yes it takes some time, but they are doing it solely on donations! That's what makes it such a good coin, a real contender for best altcoin if you ask me. Once they finish a GUI and improved blockchain (cuz it's massive atm) monero will rise alot.

And darkcoin is massively mined by fpga's, so yea, that coin and algo are goin to die slowely now.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 12:58:47 PM

It's an entirely new code. So yes it takes some time, but they are doing it solely on donations! That's what makes it such a good coin, a real contender for best altcoin if you ask me. Once they finish a GUI and improved blockchain (cuz it's massive atm) monero will rise alot.

And darkcoin is massively mined by fpga's, so yea, that coin and algo are goin to die slowely now.
Best of luck to them maybe i went to far saying they were dead but there are a lot of great coins being ignored and the two that i mentioned deserve some attention SDC has no premine and was pre announced a week before the launch and they have done nothing but deliver what they promised, they say they will have zk-SNARKs (trust-less) by next month and i believe it because they wouldn't say it unless they could do it, also as far as i know  voice and video is encrypted as well so some big things happening and XC speaks for it's self it's truly amazing stuff, i bought into XMR and DRK but sold my DRK and still hold a few XMR i hope they do well, but they have a lot of competition especially DRK i don't see it staying where it is much longer.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: