Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:43:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigampz: Power Supply Kits & Adapters For Bitcoin Mining. Industrial grade.  (Read 68173 times)
pmorici (OP)

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:45:20 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 12:06:12 AM by pmorici

Current Status in-stock http://gigampz.com

Update: We are currently selling boards for HP DPS-800GBA, and HP DPS-1200FBA PSUs we also have designs for DPS-2000bb, and Dell Z750 PSUs available for custom orders.  Contact us for volume pricing and current discount deals.  sales@gigampz.com

Update: We are now offering a 80Plus Platinum efficiency 1200 Watt power supply kit.  The absolute most efficient best value power supply for Bitcoin mining currently available.

A number of you may have seen my prototypes of the Gigampz breakout board for the HP DPS-800GBA server power supply I've been working on.  I'm pleased to announce that they are now on sale and available for immediate shipping through our website http://gigampz.com  Bottom line is; this is the cheapest best quality plug and play power supply solution in terms of $/watt out there that doesn't require a lot of soldering drilling or other time consuming PSU modding.  You can have a 850+ Watt PSU for less than $70 compared to a typical ATX power supply that might cost $100 or more.

These boards work with the HP DPS-800GBA server power supply the same supply used by the original ASICMiner backplane.  They can output 850 Watts (69.9 A @ 12.15V) on 120 V input or up to 1000 Watts (82.3 A @ 12.15v) on 240 V input.  The boards are built in the USA from high quality components designed to handle more current than the power supply is rated for.  The PCBs themselves have multiple heavy duty 2 oz copper power and ground planes and each of the 12 PWR/GND screw terminals is rated for 16 Amps.

This supply paired with a Gigampz breakout board is capable of running 2 AntMiner S1's over clocked, 14+ Gridseeds, as well as other ASIC equipment requiring +12 Volt power.  Additionally these boards can be controlled and monitored either manually via a supplied jumper or via a Raspberry Pi, or Arduino.  The complete Gigampz DPS-800GBA spec sheet is available on the Gigampz FAQ Page

More Photos here

Pricing

$40 Gigampz breakout board
    $25 Refurbished HP DPS-800GBA supply
    $15.99 4-pack of 24" PCIe to bare wire cables

Shipping is free w/ tracking for most orders in the USA.
    We accept credit cards and Paypal through our web store at http://gigampz.com
    We accept Bitcoin for orders via email;  To pay in Bitcoin email sales@gigampz.com with your order request and shipping address and we will send a Coinbase payment invoice.

Volume pricing

We offer competitive volume pricing with substantial discounts for large orders and re-sellers starting with orders of 10 or more Gigampz boards.  Email us for more information or a quote sales@gigampz.com

International Customers

We accept orders in our web store from Europe and Canada.

If you are outside Europe, Canada, and Australia we accept volume orders from international customers via email sales@gigampz.com.

We'll try to be responsive to any questions posted here but you can also email support@gigampz.com  We are located in Baltimore Maryland and are generally available Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:02:44 PM

Hello,

A number of you may have seen my prototypes of the Gigampz breakout board for the HP DPS-800GBA server power supply I've been working on.  I'm pleased to announce that they are now on sale and available for immediate shipping through our website http://gigampz.com  Bottom line is; this is the cheapest best quality plug and play power supply solution in terms of $/watt out there that doesn't require a lot of soldering drilling or other time consuming PSU modding.  You can have a 850+ Watt PSU for less than $70 compared to a typical ATX power supply that might cost $100 or more.

These boards work with the HP DPS-800GBA server power supply the same supply used by the original ASICMiner backplane.  They can output 850 Watts (69.9 A @ 12.15V) on 120 V input or up to 1000 Watts (82.3 A @ 12.15v) on 240 V input.  The boards are built in the USA from high quality components designed to handle more current than the power supply is rated for.  The PCBs themselves have multiple heavy duty 2 oz copper power and ground planes and each of the 12 PWR/GND screw terminals is rated for 16 Amps.

This supply paired with a Gigampz breakout board is capable of running 2 AntMiner S1's over clocked, 14+ Gridseeds, as well as other ASIC equipment requiring +12 Volt power.  Additionally these boards can be controlled and monitored either manually via a supplied jumper or via a Raspberry Pi, or Arduino.  The complete Gigampz DPS-800GBA spec sheet is available on the Gigampz FAQ Page

More Photos here

Pricing

$40 Gigampz breakout board
    $27 Refurbished HP DPS-800GBA supply
    $15.99 4-pack of 24" PCIe to bare wire cables

Shipping is free w/ tracking for all orders in the USA.
    We accept credit cards and Paypal through our web store at http://gigampz.com
    We accept Bitcoin for order via email;  To pay in Bitcoin email sales@gigampz.com with your order and shipping address and we will send a Coinbase payment invoice.

Volume pricing

We offer volume pricing with substantial discounts for large orders and re-sellers starting with orders of 10 or more Gigampz boards.  Email us for more information or a quote sales@gigampz.com

International Customers

We accept volume orders from international customers via email sales@gigampz.com.  International shipping costs can be prohibitive for smaller orders so we suggest doing a group buy so you can split the shipping costs.  We are currently looking to partner with a re-seller for the European market if you are one or know of one that would be interested get in touch with us.

We'll try to be responsive to any questions posted here but you can also email support@gigampz.com  We are located in Baltimore Maryland and are generally available Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.

Not the cheapest. Sidehack's ZP750 adapter + PSU + cables comes in quite a bit cheaper for 50w less
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:40:24 PM

Not the cheapest. Sidehack's ZP750 adapter + PSU + cables comes in quite a bit cheaper for 50w less

Sidehack's solution is 11% more expensive by my math.  His cost is $71.50 w/ shipping for adapter + cables and the Gigampz cost shipped is $55.99.  On a standard American 120 volt outlet you also get 850 Watts out of this supply or 1000 if you have access to 240 Volt power which is 100W - 250W or 13 - 33% more wattage for $6.51 (11%) less cost.  The PSU's cost roughly the same if you are bargain hunting on ebay or locally.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:58:22 PM

I sell similar cables for bare ends -> PCIe a little cheaper.  They are 30cm long and 16AWG to prevent any burning incidents if using with high-draw equipment (>300w/PCI)
 - from $2.25 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:51:27 AM

I'm actually using Klondike_bar's PCI-E 16AWG wires with my Gigampz adapters+PSUs for most of my S1's.  They work great together and make for a nice and less bulky power setup. I put two S1's per each Gigampz at 230v, but I did have to use thick PCI-e splitters/y-adapters as well.  

Cheap, easy to setup and Pete's a great guy to deal with.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:53:53 AM

How easy is this to set up for newbies? Is it something that someone with limited electronic knowledge would be able to do without a problem?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
jedimstr

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:59:15 AM

How easy is this to set up for newbies? Is it something that someone with limited electronic knowledge would be able to do without a problem?

You plug the board into the end of the HP PSU, use a small flat head screwdriver for securing the 12v and ground wires, and then plug in the power cord.  To turn on, you move the jumper to the middle pins.  Easy peasy. No soldering needed.

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:30:52 AM

I sell similar cables for bare ends -> PCIe a little cheaper.  They are 30cm long and 16AWG to prevent any burning incidents if using with high-draw equipment (>300w/PCI)
 - from $2.25 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461

Nice, quality cables like that are hard to find at a good price.
Dagger75

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:08:41 AM

I just received two of Gigampz breakout boards and they appear to be great quality.  Shipped out priority the same day and got them very quickly.  Haven't been able to test them out yet but i'm confident they'll work just fine.

Thanks for doing this, it makes it much easier to get high quality power supplies at an affordable price!  I'm sure i'll be back for more.

>>>http://foundation.leafco.in/<<<  Please help support our cause

>>>A True Alt, with a True Purpose<<<  $$Leafcoin$$
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:08:11 PM

How much to ship to UK?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:15:04 PM

YES! I just won a DPS-800GBA for a $10!  Grin

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:55:02 PM

How much to ship to UK?

It really depends on what your order and the weight.  Boards and cables only to the UK would be about $10 extra in shipping costs.  I would recommend buying the power supplies themselves locally since they are heavy and shipping on them is very expensive.  You would also be responsible for what ever VAT or other government fees you might owe in your jurisdiction.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1847

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:13:32 PM

His cost is $71.50 w/ shipping for adapter + cables and the Gigampz cost shipped is $55.99.

How do you figure? Worst case, single board and 4 cables shipped would be $68.50 (if we don't put it in a smaller box, which we can do for single sales and save a few bucks)
If you buy, say, 10 sets, discounts bring that to $55.20 per unit, shipped, maximum. With enough quantity I can source full kits (including the PSU) for $65 or less shipped.

Shipping is only that high because we actually pack stuff well instead of chucking it in a padded envelope where it'll get crushed and destroyed, and then send Priority Mail so you have it in 3 days max.
The main part of the board that you really need to worry about sustaining damage is the power switch, which we considered a necessary feature. We also have 3.3V and 5V aux power and the ability to measure/monitor your output current, in addition to the ability to turn on remotely (with an active-high signal, a bit safer than active-low) and an "is my supply on" pin. Also you get to buy stuff you know was made and fully tested by actual human Americans. Our cables, while a bit shorter, are also heavier wire. We could make our stuff cheaper, but it would require not making it as good.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
chadwickx16

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:20:02 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 05:34:07 PM by chadwickx16

What is the 80 Plus rating on the PSU?

EDIT: Never mind Found it on the FAQ page.

EDIT2: I'm running 208v power, would that out me at 1000w or somewhere in between 850-1000?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:47:38 PM

His cost is $71.50 w/ shipping for adapter + cables and the Gigampz cost shipped is $55.99.

How do you figure?

I don't want to get into an argument about it but I got my numbers from your price list, $42.50 for the board, $3.50 per cable and $15 for shipping.

$42.50 + ($3.50 * 4) + $15 = $71.50

Full kit including the PSU would be $70 + $15 shipping so $85

Our price for those things respectively would be $55.99 and $82.99 so a couple bucks cheaper for a higher wattage power supply.  I haven't listed our volume prices here for the sake of brevity but I'm fairly certain they are competitive.

There are some reasons why you might choose the 750 boards over the Gigampz but best price per watt isn't one of them.  Our boards are also Made in America by a professional board assembly house in Massachusetts, nicely packed, and have the ability for basic status monitoring, and remote on/off via an active high pin which is both 3.3v and 5v compatible.  Example scripts for controlling it via a raspberry Pi are on our website.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:53:18 PM

What is the 80 Plus rating on the PSU?

EDIT: Never mind Found it on the FAQ page.

EDIT2: I'm running 208v power, would that out me at 1000w or somewhere in between 850-1000?

I think you would still be ok for 1000 Watts official specs on the label are...

Input: 200 - 240v  ~/6.7 A
Output: 1000 Watts(MAX.)

There is a photo of the label listing the specs on the product page...
http://www.gigampz.com/store/p6/Refurbished_DPS-800GBA_850%2F1000_Watt_Power_Supply.html
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:03:13 PM

Oh. Price list needs to be updated. Standard shipping for board/cables is flat $12 for up to about 15 boards with cables, and $15 for up to 3 kits.
I thought your boards had active-low power on pin, my mistake there. If they're active high, then your scripts would work for our boards as well.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:04:52 PM

I'm actually using Klondike_bar's PCI-E 16AWG wires with my Gigampz adapters+PSUs for most of my S1's.  They work great together and make for a nice and less bulky power setup. I put two S1's per each Gigampz at 230v, but I did have to use thick PCI-e splitters/y-adapters as well.  

nice setup! how are you cooling that ~4.5kW and where are you located? Im trying to figure out how i can grow my mining operation with a second location that is summer-compatible and unsure if lots of airflow will suffice or if i need a significant AC (for 15kW+)

another tip: try flipping your stacks around and pushing them base-to-base in cubes of 4. It will prevent hot air 'leaking' out downwards from the heatsink and slightly improve the overall airflow of the units. (3x2 stacks also work nicely)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
jedimstr

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:14:32 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 09:36:15 PM by jedimstr

nice setup! how are you cooling that ~4.5kW and where are you located? Im trying to figure out how i can grow my mining operation with a second location that is summer-compatible and unsure if lots of airflow will suffice or if i need a significant AC (for 15kW+)

another tip: try flipping your stacks around and pushing them base-to-base in cubes of 4. It will prevent hot air 'leaking' out downwards from the heatsink and slightly improve the overall airflow of the units. (3x2 stacks also work nicely)

Thanks!  Located in the metro New York/New Jersey area.

No AC in my dedicated mining room. It's a furnace/utility room for a large detached garage. I'm using 6-inch ducting and inline 530cfm fan to bring in cooler air from outside.  There's also a big raised box fan just outside the frame of the photo that exhausts all the hot air into the main garage space.

My S1's are hovering around 41-43C with all overclocked and ambient at 83F in the mining room (73F in main garage space).  Also, they're on a mix of 120v/20a and 230v/30a outlets and lower commercial/agricultural electricity rates.  

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:02:08 AM

Do you guys think this PSU and board will be sufficient to power a habanero card?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519943.0

https://peppermining.com/the-habanero/

The boards need 4  6pin power inputs each.

I'll be drawing power from a US 240v circuit.
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:05:45 AM

Anyone have a pic of what this breakout board looks like with 4 6-Pin PCIe cables screwed in?  Looks like you will have to have multiple wires in each connector hole?
jedimstr

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:10:56 AM

Anyone have a pic of what this breakout board looks like with 4 6-Pin PCIe cables screwed in?  Looks like you will have to have multiple wires in each connector hole?

I use 2x sets of the 16AWG pcie wires connected to the gigampz, then a good thick pcie y-adapter on each to split to a total of 4 pcie 6-pins.

The connectors on the board may fit more wires at thinner gauges but not at 16awg.

This is the splitter I use:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BBIQTBO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00BBIQTBO&linkCode=as2&tag=jedislair-20&linkId=MCSBAMQZNHZKWQ2U

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:50:41 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 04:19:03 PM by pmorici

Anyone have a pic of what this breakout board looks like with 4 6-Pin PCIe cables screwed in?  Looks like you will have to have multiple wires in each connector hole?

Here is a photo...

Yes you have to double up wires if you are going to attach them directly to the board.  Each contact can fit up to a size 12 AWG wire so they can easily fit two size 18 AWG and 16 AWG is a tight fit but possible.  The other options is using heavy duty cables from the board combined with a splinter as jedimstr did.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:58:09 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 04:31:37 AM by pmorici

Do you guys think this PSU and board will be sufficient to power a habanero card?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519943.0

https://peppermining.com/the-habanero/

The boards need 4  6pin power inputs each.

I'll be drawing power from a US 240v circuit.

Yes, I think it would work with a single supply if you were on 240V.  The nice thing about the Habanero is it has independent power inputs so if you were running on 120v you could use 3 Gigampz / DPS-800's per 2 Habaneros and it should work.
RicRock

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:39:04 AM

I'm using a couple of the first prototypes and they work awesome.

This ended up being the most economical route for me.

Plan on getting more in the future.
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:39:24 AM

I am in for 2 boards and 2 PSUs.

If they wont power the Habs I'll swap them out with the 1000watt PSUs I am using on some Ant miners. I am going to go with thicker cables and splitters at the end.

I'll post up pics of this solution on the Habs when I get them. Next week maybe?
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:59:58 AM

I use 2x sets of the 16AWG pcie wires connected to the gigampz, then a good thick pcie y-adapter on each to split to a total of 4 pcie 6-pins.

The connectors on the board may fit more wires at thinner gauges but not at 16awg.

This is the splitter I use:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BBIQTBO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00BBIQTBO&linkCode=as2&tag=jedislair-20&linkId=MCSBAMQZNHZKWQ2U

Yeah, the tinned 16awg ends make it very tough to fit two 16awg wires in a slot together. An option around this is to cut off the doldered tip and strip a new 5mm of exposed wire, which makes twisting and inserting two wires much easier

ZBC3

Activity: 361

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:14:50 AM

Do you think I could power two technobit coincraft hex8a1's with this set up?
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:44:01 AM

Do you think I could power two technobit coincraft hex8a1's with this set up?

Yes, that should work.  Depending on what HEX8A1 model we are talking about you could probably run two of the bigger ones or several under clocked or smaller ones especially if you ran off 240 volt wall power.
jedimstr

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:24:35 AM

Per your suggestion, I flipped a few of the S1's around and made them cubes of 4 (except the stack of three).  We'll see how it affects cooling, but I'm willing to try anything to prepare for the hot summer.
So far they've ranged from 48C to 53C in this configuration when the temp reached 82F outside and 89F in the mining room.

And so this post isn't a total hijack of the thread...

Tip for any Gigampz purchasers out there.  Make sure you raise your PSU's a bit so the metal bottom doesn't rest flat on whatever surface/shelves you put it on.  I use rubber adhesive feet on mine.
You want some air to get under these PSU's since they can get pretty warm, especially when you're pushing them.

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7764

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 03:37:47 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 03:52:44 AM by philipma1957

so   what does a pair of s-1's clocked to 393 freq  hashing at 400gh pull on a k-watt meter?    120 volt measurement please...  do you get 800 watts or do you get more like 840?

I ask because   3 of the above    could run 6 s-1's         at 393 freq.   with wires   you would be talking 250 usd.   

now I can get  2 evga 1300 watt super nova 2  Atx psus.    they will run the six at 393 hash at 1200gh  and pull   2430 watts. all on 120 volts.

but on a best price offer 2 of these are 320   Newegg just had a special on them.     

comes to 70 usd more.  the evga would be better only if    the hp's pull a lot more power.     the 320 price for 2 is hard to get more often the price is 340 for 2      even 380 for 2.

to make up 70 in price  if the hp's pull 2550 watts vs 2430 watts .  that is 3 kwatts a day.  or about 40 50 cents.     so in 140 days the evga would be better.    but that is only if the 3 hp's pull 2550 watts.  I would like to see one with a kwatt meter.

I owned one of the 750 watt dells I had the lessor model it used 460 watts to run 1 ant at 393 freq.  due to this I decided to buy a lot of evga's

but 460 x 6 = 2760 watts and you could run only 1.5 ants on a dell at 393 freq so I would  have needed 4 dells at 75 bucks or 300 up front.  to burn close to 2750 watts.

I got 2 evga's and burn 2430 watts .  I paid 340 for the two at www.raktuten.com   my point is these may work better if you want to run six s-1s then the evga's

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
ZBC3

Activity: 361

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:19:27 AM

I should have specified,
2 260 's hex8A1
120v

Thank you,
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:05:51 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 06:49:36 PM by pmorici

so   what does a pair of s-1's clocked to 393 freq  hashing at 400gh pull on a k-watt meter?    120 volt measurement please...  do you get 800 watts or do you get more like 840?

Very nice analysis of the PSU cots power usage trade offs, here are the measurements...

Using a Model P4400 Kil-a-Watt meter these are the numbers I get...
With no load on the circuit my kill-a-watt reads 122 volts.

Stock clocks; 2 Ants...
volts: 118.3
amps: 6.76
watts: 797

Over Clocked to 393.75; 2 Ants...
amps: 7.54
watts: 889

Over Clocked to 393.75; 1 Ant...
volts: 119
amps: 3.74
watts: 442  (about 4% more efficient than the dell you reference)

Overclock Settings...
"""
option 'freq_value'     '5f05'
option 'chip_freq'      '393.75'
option 'timeout'        '36'
"""
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:47:16 PM

I should have specified,
2 260 's hex8A1
120v

Yes, you should be able to run two of those on a Gigampz/DPS-800GBA 120v input on all but the highest overclock setting which might work but it would be right on the edge.  On 240v input you could run two HEX8A1's on any overclock no problem.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476970.0
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:55:38 PM

Very nice analysis of the PSU cots power usage trade offs, here are the measurements...

Stock clocks; 2 Ants...

Overclock Settings...
"""
"""

thanks for info
so it is close decision  if you want 6 s-1's

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:42:17 PM

Stock clocks; 2 Ants...

Overclock Settings...
"""
"""

thanks for info
so it is close decision  if you want 6 s-1's

If you are looking for the lowest possible PSU costs per Ant you can skip the 6-pin cables which are pricey and just use a few simple lengths of size 14 AWG wire since the S1's all have screw terminals.  Also if you are willing to pay in BTC and ordering multiple items then email us at sales@gigampz.com and we can probably knock the price down a few more bucks as well to the point where the decision might be more clear cut.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 10:18:03 PM

Apologies for the delays on this one guys, will likely be another 9 days or so before my review goes up. Teaser:

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:44:47 PM

Apologies for the delays on this one guys, will likely be another 9 days or so before my review goes up. Teaser:

Wow, that is a really nice photo, excited for the review.
GuyllFyre

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:16:30 PM

Ordered one of these boards directly from Gigampz for $40 and picked up a power supply from an eBay seller for $17.
Order date was 5/30/2014.
Shipping was FAST!  It's been sitting on my "bench" (currently the dining room table) for a couple of days now.
Power supply arrived today, so I took the couple of minutes to plug it all in.

First observations - the Gigampz board looks nice!  Components don't have that sloppy mass produced look and the power socket fits snugly and evenly on the back of the power supply.  It is extremely EASY to use.  Plug it in, screw down the wires, add power, move jumper, done.

The HP power supply is much smaller than the two LED supplies I was using, about half the size.  So far the fans are also quieter.  We'll see how that goes as they day gets warmer.  So far with the S1 overclocked to 393.75, I'm seeing 453 Watts of draw.  The two LED supplies would draw 460 Watts at the lowest draw and were typically up around 472 Watts.

Now, I could have soldered the connectors on to the power supply myself and saved the $40 but sometimes you just want simple and easy.  Plus, if the power supply dies, it's just the cost of the supply, unplug the old, plug in the new.

Now, as a cost comparison, the price with the board and the power supply is the same as the two LED supplies but it is much more efficient and smaller.
Compare that to the cost of a decent ATX power supply and you're probably ahead of the game.

Nicely done!
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:02:56 PM

Ordered one of these boards directly from Gigampz for $40 and picked up a power supply from an eBay seller for $17.
Order date was 5/30/2014.
Shipping was FAST!  It's been sitting on my "bench" (currently the dining room table) for a couple of days now.
Power supply arrived today, so I took the couple of minutes to plug it all in.

First observations - the Gigampz board looks nice!  Components don't have that sloppy mass produced look and the power socket fits snugly and evenly on the back of the power supply.  It is extremely EASY to use.  Plug it in, screw down the wires, add power, move jumper, done.

The HP power supply is much smaller than the two LED supplies I was using, about half the size.  So far the fans are also quieter.  We'll see how that goes as they day gets warmer.  So far with the S1 overclocked to 393.75, I'm seeing 453 Watts of draw.  The two LED supplies would draw 460 Watts at the lowest draw and were typically up around 472 Watts.

Now, I could have soldered the connectors on to the power supply myself and saved the $40 but sometimes you just want simple and easy.  Plus, if the power supply dies, it's just the cost of the supply, unplug the old, plug in the new.

Now, as a cost comparison, the price with the board and the power supply is the same as the two LED supplies but it is much more efficient and smaller.
Compare that to the cost of a decent ATX power supply and you're probably ahead of the game.

Nicely done!

Thanks! glad you're happy with the board, we work hard to make a top quality product. 
GuyllFyre

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:07:46 PM

Thanks! glad you're happy with the board, we work hard to make a top quality product. 

I'm VERY happy with the board!
I hope you guys make out well with it.

It's nice to see people go from concept to product and have it come out neat, clean, and reliable.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:17:26 AM

well to late i guess...web site says "sold out"

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:32:57 AM

Searing

Yep...saw that...

When should be next batch available...? ...I could use some... Wink

ZiG
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:21:02 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2014, 02:38:55 AM by pmorici

Searing

Yep...saw that...

ZiG

We are expecting a shipment early this week and should have more ready to ship by this Tuesday.  Will update here and on the site when we are back in stock.

Edit: When we are back in stock the first 30 orders to use the coupon code "BITCOINTALK" will get 8% off any number of Gigampz boards at checkout.
ZiG

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:44:52 AM

Searing

Yep...saw that...

ZiG

We are expecting a shipment early this week and should have more ready to ship by this Tuesday.  Will update here and on the site when we are back in stock.

Edit: When we are back in stock the first 30 orders to use the coupon code "BITCOINTALK" will get 8% off any number of Gigampz boards at checkout.

Thanks, buddy...
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:32:12 AM

We are expecting a shipment early this week and should have more ready to ship by this Tuesday.  Will update here and on the site when we are back in stock.

We are back in stock, We also have a new version of the power supply that is a couple bucks cheaper but this one runs a little hotter.
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:23:07 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 05:59:27 AM by infernoman

nvm found it... shipping to canada? and price of a full kit?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:54:46 AM

Searing

Yep...saw that...

ZiG

We are expecting a shipment early this week and should have more ready to ship by this Tuesday.  Will update here and on the site when we are back in stock.

well thanks for the item with the discount..got 1 unit...free shipping and 8% off of 40 bucks using bitcointalk in coupon box..can't beat that ....(don't really need it yet..heh..but eventually)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 09:17:07 PM

Dogie's comprehensive setup guide now up!

Spotswood

Activity: 512

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 11:39:48 PM

What are the dimensions and spacing of the two mounting holes?

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:58:42 PM

What are the dimensions and spacing of the two mounting holes?

The mounting hole are spaced 70 mm (7 cm) apart on center.  The holes are sized to fit a M3 machine screw.  The power supply also has holes for machine screws in the bottom that fit size M3 screws.  Their spacing is also roughly 70 mm +/- a few mm
GuyllFyre

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:06:42 PM

I notice that the supply can also provide +5VDC @ 2A.
Have you thought about putting a USB connector on the board to provide power for things like a Raspberry Pi?
TinyBBC

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:22:41 PM

This adapter is so beautiful, I have thought about looking for factory customization, but eventually gave up.

MY twitter is Bangel (@Bangel19)
GuyllFyre

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:28:55 PM

This adapter is so beautiful, I have thought about looking for factory customization, but eventually gave up.

It's so nice that I just bought another one and another power supply to use to bench test car amplifiers.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:10:21 PM

Have you thought about putting a USB connector on the board to provide power for things like a Raspberry Pi?

Yeah, when I was initially designing this I was doing it for my own purposes and was thinking it would be silly to power the Pi off the same supply since if the power went out then you wouldn't have a way to know since the Pi would loose power too.  Sort of realized after the fact though that there were a lot of different ways people would use these and probably should have put a 5th pin on the header for 5v power and offered a USB socket add-on board you could pop on the header.

If you have a soldering iron you can actually mod the board to add a USB power socket w/o too much trouble. 
GuyllFyre

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:09:18 PM

Yeah, when I was initially designing this I was doing it for my own purposes and was thinking it would be silly to power the Pi off the same supply since if the power went out then you wouldn't have a way to know since the Pi would loose power too.  Sort of realized after the fact though that there were a lot of different ways people would use these and probably should have put a 5th pin on the header for 5v power and offered a USB socket add-on board you could pop on the header.
If you have a soldering iron you can actually mod the board to add a USB power socket w/o too much trouble. 

I found the pinout, so I'll probably mod this to add a USB +5VDC connection because not only am I using one of these to power my S1 but the design of your board is so nice and the power supply so good, that I will be using one as a bench test power supply and having a good +5VDC supply to keep small MP3 players charged, or a phone charged, will be handy.

I do car stereo work and sometimes you have to bench test things but amps require a minimum of 30A when they get up into the higher power range.  Accessories that use USB (like the little Sansa MP3 player I use) need 5V to at least keep the batteries charged, so tapping into those pins will be good.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:13:45 AM

I found the pinout, so I'll probably mod this to add a USB +5VDC connection because not only am I using one of these to power my S1 but the design of your board is so nice and the power supply so good, that I will be using one as a bench test power supply and having a good +5VDC supply to keep small MP3 players charged, or a phone charged, will be handy.

I do car stereo work and sometimes you have to bench test things but amps require a minimum of 30A when they get up into the higher power range.  Accessories that use USB (like the little Sansa MP3 player I use) need 5V to at least keep the batteries charged, so tapping into those pins will be good.

Cool, this might help, the 5v points are circled in Yellow and the 3.3v points are circled in purple.  The vias can fit size 24 AWG wire and you can get a breakout for a USB socket for a few bucks from Sparkfun.com

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12700
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9966

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 12:28:13 AM

nice low cost choice for  power. 

the 1300 watt evga would run 3 and save   as it does  1215 watts for 3 units at 393     cost of 195 usd

But if you run 2 units this costs under 60.

So in order to do a proper comparison 

you need 6 ants  2 evga's  or 3 of these.

2 evga's = 390 usd

3 of these = 165 usd  that is 225 difference

both will run six ant's   

power on the evga = 2430

power on these =    6 x 465 = 2790     so that is 360 in watts  x 24 = 8.5 kwatts a day at 20 cent 1.70 a day   

so after    about 132 days you are tied..  and if you only have 2 ants  the time difference  is more in favor of these.

1 of these 60 bucks 1 evga = 195   

135 usd difference       power is 930 vs 810  2.9 k-watts a day at 20 cents is 58 cents a day  or 232 days

so for a small miner these are pretty good.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
GuyllFyre

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:20:12 AM

Cool, this might help, the 5v points are circled in Yellow and the 3.3v points are circled in purple.  The vias can fit size 24 AWG wire and you can get a breakout for a USB socket for a few bucks from Sparkfun.com

I already have enough sacrificial USB cables to add a charging point.
According to the pinout I have, pin 35 (top) and pin 29 (bottom) are both 5VDC.
I'll check them with a meter first but will only take a couple of minutes to solder on a USB socket.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:03:39 AM

I already have enough sacrificial USB cables to add a charging point.
According to the pinout I have, pin 35 (top) and pin 29 (bottom) are both 5VDC.
I'll check them with a meter first but will only take a couple of minutes to solder on a USB socket.

Pin 35 (Top) is the 5v you want.  Don't use 29 that is a digital logic signal not a power rail as far as I can tell.
GuyllFyre

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:27:30 AM

Pin 35 (Top) is the 5v you want.  Don't use 29 that is a digital logic signal not a power rail as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the heads-up on that.
Makes it even easier to solder a cable to as it's right there on top.
Seconds.

Thank you.
-Sean
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:27:21 AM

We are sold out of the power supplies but still have plenty of boards in-stock.
tdminer

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:24:48 PM

Will you be carrying the power supplies again or are they permanently out of stock?
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:50:47 PM

Will you be carrying the power supplies again or are they permanently out of stock?

Yes, we've got 50 on order and will be back in stock in a few days.
GuyllFyre

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:15:51 PM

The power supplies can be found on eBay or other places for less than $20 shipped.

The key here is this board makes plugging one in and using it so simple that don't hesitate to buy one.
I've bought two of the cards from Gigampz and the power supplies from elsewhere.

The cards are AWESOME!  Don't hesitate to buy one.
tdminer

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:32:56 PM

The cards are AWESOME!  Don't hesitate to buy one.

I've purchased 4 so far. I was just asking because it's easier to purchase everything together.

Also, he's only a couple hours away so i get it next day and i don't have to use paypal  Wink
GuyllFyre

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:54:58 PM

I don't worry about getting things all together.
I just use whatever currency and payment method is cheapest to get what I want.
sdjernes

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:47:04 PM

I have several of these kits in production. They have been in production for 2+ weeks now without a problem (except overloading a UPS).

I have 4 Antminer S1s sitting sideways on a 29" deep rack shelf. At the time I did not think of rubber feet, so I stood the supplies on their sides and wire tied them to the shelf. I have also used a wire tie to keep the miners where I want them on the shelf.

This is my setup I run at work. It is half my farm. To protect it from the work network traffic (and vice versa), I have put the miners on a separate vlan.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:46:29 PM

We have supplies back in stock, though now we are low on boards and out of cables, we have more of both on order.
chadwickx16

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:50:25 PM

We have supplies back in stock, though now we are low on boards and out of cables, we have more of both on order.

Are you still out of boards? If so, what's the ETA on restocking?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:42:27 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 03:57:21 AM by pmorici

Are you still out of boards? If so, what's the ETA on restocking?

We are still out of stock.  Our best estimate right now is 3 weeks before we get more.  We were expecting a shipment of 160 boards from our manufacturing partner but it looks like UPS lost the package.  If that turns up we may have more sooner than 3 weeks.
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:49:51 AM

Looking forward to more.
GuyllFyre

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:42:16 PM

This may be an odd thing to say, but it's nice to see a company who designed a product and is actually having it manufactured and is selling it be out of stock on things.
This means you did something very right!
Keep making great product!

Everyone else, be very patient, these boards are completely worth it.
gpfleging

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:41:11 PM

I would think with all the S3s that are about to show they wiil be busy filling new orders.  I will certainly be picking up a couple more as soon as they are back in stock as my S1 setup is working great with this board.

Thanks for the great product..
ProudMiner

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:14:53 AM

I received my boards a couple of weeks ago, they work like a charm, thanks!
I would kindly want to make two suggestions:
First you should add a 5V feed, it would be extremely helpful for people using Rasberry Pi or powered USB hub.
I hadn't used a solder for 12 years and I almost destroyed my card.  Grin
Second, this PSU can easily power two S3s or two Rocketboxes but there are not enough connectors for
eight PCI-e cables, so could you use a different terminal connector?
Keep up the good work.

Cheers!!

Pjones

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:36:37 PM

I squeeze in 2x16 awg wires into each screw terminal on the power supply side, and it's been working pretty well.  On the S3, since there isn't a screw terminal on the Ant side anymore, this will be a bit of a challenge. 
Maybe 16 awg pci-e cables will do the trick using 4 wires instead of 6?

Or maybe a new version of the adapter will have larger terminals to hold more wires?
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:24:25 PM

I squeeze in 2x16 awg wires into each screw terminal on the power supply side, and it's been working pretty well.  On the S3, since there isn't a screw terminal on the Ant side anymore, this will be a bit of a challenge.  
Maybe 16 awg pci-e cables will do the trick using 4 wires instead of 6?

Or maybe a new version of the adapter will have larger terminals to hold more wires?

If you check out the S3 specs you only need one 6-pin connector per blade when you are running at stock clock speeds.  Unclear what the power requirements will be when over clocking.  I've got one on order so I can experiment with it ant let you guys know what works.  We'll see.
Pjones

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:09:41 PM

Right.  A single 6-pin = 6 wires, 3 for + and 3 for GND.  Right now, I am running 2 for + and 2 for GND, per blade. 
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:40:36 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 10:51:50 PM by pmorici

Right.  A single 6-pin = 6 wires, 3 for + and 3 for GND.  Right now, I am running 2 for + and 2 for GND, per blade.  

I'm not sure I understand the question; You can fit 4 6-pin PCIe cables per board  by doubling up the wires per contact.  12 contacts total and 24 wires for 4, 6 pin cables.

Pjones

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:32:26 PM

You are right, I miscounted the number of terminals on the board.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:59:06 AM

Right.  A single 6-pin = 6 wires, 3 for + and 3 for GND.  Right now, I am running 2 for + and 2 for GND, per blade.  

I'm not sure I understand the question; You can fit 4 6-pin PCIe cables per board  by doubling up the wires per contact.  12 contacts total and 24 wires for 4, 6 pin cables.

the cables i sell in my signature link will fit like the image above, and I sell splitters that can be attached to that if you need more lower-wattage connections for a device like the rk-box (130W per splitter plug or 260W per PCIe cable working safely and without any thermal concerns)

tdminer

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:17:15 PM

We are still out of stock.  Our best estimate right now is 3 weeks before we get more.  We were expecting a shipment of 160 boards from our manufacturing partner but it looks like UPS lost the package.  If that turns up we may have more sooner than 3 weeks.

Looks like you're still out of stock. Any idea when you will have more?
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:15:45 PM

Folks,
if anyone has one of these break out boards they no longer need, I'd be interested in taking it off your hands...
or if anyone knows if these are still sold by someone who has inventory, please let me know.
Feel free to PM me.  Thank you!
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:03:36 PM

We had a little snafu with our original contract manufacture and had to find a backup, we've resolved that issue have all the parts on hand and more are currently being built by our manufacturing partner.  My best guess is 2-3 weeks until those are ready.  Will update this thread when we have a more exact timeline.
OridenX

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 02:13:42 PM

We had a little snafu with our original contract manufacture and had to find a backup, we've resolved that issue have all the parts on hand and more are currently being built by our manufacturing partner.  My best guess is 2-3 weeks until those are ready.  Will update this thread when we have a more exact timeline.

What about a DIY kit, board and all the components?
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:26:00 PM

What about a DIY kit, board and all the components?

I thought about that but a DIY kit would end up being more expensive because we wouldn't have the benefit of buying the parts in volume and this board contains a part with a .5 mm pitch which most people aren't going to be able to solder easily by hand.

Update on the manufacturing, we expect to be back in stock around Aug. 15th.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:04:38 PM

Would you be up for a board design on the DPS1200s?
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:12:26 PM

Would you be up for a board design on the DPS1200s?

Possibly, I have a very rough breadboard prototype for the DPS-1200 but haven't taken it beyond that yet.  If you have something specific in mind PM me.
chadwickx16

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:40:48 PM

What's the word on board supply?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:00:57 AM

Spoke to the factory this morning.  Still on track for delivery for August 15th, 1 week from today.
chadwickx16

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:13:20 AM

Spoke to the factory this morning.  Still on track for delivery for August 15th, 1 week from today.
Great news! Thanks for getting back to me. How many boards are you looking at?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:10:58 PM

Spoke to the factory this morning.  Still on track for delivery for August 15th, 1 week from today.

We are working with a different local factory this time around so I'm not 100% sure how many will be in the first shipment but I expect 100+ with more to follow so long as there is demand for them.
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:36:51 PM

Will this work with the 1200W variants?
Notably 440785-001 441830-001 HSTNS-PD11 for DL580 G5 and the like? There are a few out there with different part numbers, but these fit the bill. They seem to have the exact same pinouts.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:21:35 PM

Notably 440785-001 441830-001 HSTNS-PD11 for DL580 G5 and the like? There are a few out there with different part numbers, but these fit the bill. They seem to have the exact same pinouts.

The 'original' Gigampz only works with the DPS-800GBA and the ATSN-7001044.  The supplies you noted are "Common Slot" and have the same  physical connector but a _different_ pin-out and will not work with the original Gigampz boards.

That said; we just completed a prototype of the Gigampz CS (Common Slot) it works with all HP Common Slot power supplies including the 1200 Watt.  You can recognize a common slot power supply  by it's 1U profile and a single fan at the rear of the supply next to the power plug.  These supplies come in wattage's ranging from 460w to 1600w and 80Plus efficiency ratings up to Titanium.

Gigampz CS Prototype Photos

opieum2

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:25:43 PM

The 'original' Gigampz only works with the DPS-800GBA and the ATSN-7001044.  The supplies you noted are "Common Slot" and have the same  physical connector but a _different_ pin-out and will not work with the original Gigampz boards.

That said; we just completed a prototype of the Gigampz CS (Common Slot) it works with all HP Common Slot power supplies including the 1200 Watt.  You can recognize a common slot power supply  by it's 1U profile and a single fan at the rear of the supply next to the power plug.  These supplies come in wattage's ranging from 460w to 1600w and 80Plus efficiency ratings up to Titanium.

Sign me up for the first batch lol. I got about 2 dozen of the aformentioned PSUs.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:12:31 PM

The 'original' Gigampz only works with the DPS-800GBA and the ATSN-7001044.  The supplies you noted are "Common Slot" and have the same  physical connector but a _different_ pin-out and will not work with the original Gigampz boards.

That said; we just completed a prototype of the Gigampz CS (Common Slot) it works with all HP Common Slot power supplies including the 1200 Watt.  You can recognize a common slot power supply  by it's 1U profile and a single fan at the rear of the supply next to the power plug.  These supplies come in wattage's ranging from 460w to 1600w and 80Plus efficiency ratings up to Titanium.

Fantastic! I use the 1200w common slot ones for all my Ants in the Pharm. Love them damn things. Wish you had done this 6 months ago Wink Definitely drop a line when they are available 'cause I too want several.

Got the rest of the control pins figured out for voltage/current adjustment and 1+n paralleling? That would be icing on the cake.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:24:09 PM

Interested in these
Solemn

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:09:29 PM

I don't have one of the common slot PSU to hand...could anyone provide the external dimensions for me?  Thanks!
tdminer

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:51:41 PM

Any new updates?
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:32:39 PM

Any new updates?

Shipment just came in, store is updated with current stock.  If anyone wants to do a bulk board order or pay in bitcoin email sales@gigampz.com.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:36:34 PM

We just added a "6-pack" of boards to our web store to make buying small quantities at a discount easier.  Get 6 boards with free US shipping for only $209.88 less than $35 per board.

For bulk pricing on orders larger than 6 boards email sales@gigampz.com to order.  We have very aggressive discounts for large orders and can get your PSU costs down to the range of 5.2 cents per watt for large orders.
opieum2

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:57:24 AM

Is there an ETA on the CS versions? I know you said prototypes were in the works. Just curious to know when to expect them.

Regards

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:46:29 PM

Is there an ETA on the CS versions? I know you said prototypes were in the works. Just curious to know when to expect them.

If all goes according to plan they will be available the week of September 1st.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:34:46 PM

For any interested international buyers; we've updated the store with international shipping options for Canada and Europe.

http://gigampz.com
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:16:35 PM

I think this is the main thread for this PSU/BB...

I bumped another just the other day with an announcement...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=747477.msg8458485#msg8458485

Anyways, just got my PSU and bb from PMORICI and will start working on the enclosures tomorrow.
Thanks mate!

Oh and these are sweet components! Great quality and SUPER fast shipping.
Definitely going to purchase a few more asap.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:39:34 PM

We've got cables back in stock.  We are also offering a meet it or beat it price guarantee on our boards and kits.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:45:46 PM

We've got cables back in stock.  We are also offering a meet it or beat it price guarantee on our boards and kits.

Nice bro! Looks like I should order another PSU or 2 from you asap! PM'ing you in a few for 2x PSU/BB/Cable sets

I just started on the Gigampz breakout board enclosure today.I am thinking of making a rack for the PSU's as well...so they can be stacked 2 at a time and the "racks" will be modular...allowing multiple racks to be connected.This will keep the PSU's stable and allow better cable organizing.
I willpost up some screenshots asap.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:17:47 AM

Nice bro! Looks like I should order another PSU or 2 from you asap! PM'ing you in a few for 2x PSU/BB/Cable sets

I just started on the Gigampz breakout board enclosure today.I am thinking of making a rack for the PSU's as well...so they can be stacked 2 at a time and the "racks" will be modular...allowing multiple racks to be connected.This will keep the PSU's stable and allow better cable organizing.
I willpost up some screenshots asap.

Oh man! Really stoked about these cases! They will secure to the PSU using the 2 screw hole locations and each case will include an optional "foot" for the front of the PSU to make it level and if all works out just right they front and rear feet will allow stacking of another PSU above and/or below. The front foor will secure to the PSU using the 2 screw hole locations nearest the power cord and the feet can be zip-tied together and/or bolted down.

Pics and/or screenshots asap

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:31:22 AM

Here are some screenshots...I will get some pics posted of the prototypes I have printed already asap. Printing the 3rd revision now.

Latest (3rd) revision...

*Got LootCrate?*
ZiG

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:12:17 AM

Here are some screenshots...I will get some pics posted of the prototypes I have printed already asap. Printing the 3rd revision now.

Latest (3rd) revision...

Good job, buddy... Grin

How much... Huh

ZiG
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:40:07 AM

Latest (3rd) revision...

Good job, buddy... Grin

How much... Huh

ZiG

So far it's looking somewhere in the $10-15 range and I do my best to price my products so that anyone can afford them as I myself live on a very tight and limited budget.

I am really digging this PSU/breakout board combo! Runs cool and quiet and the cables are of high quality!
I will be making an order for at least 2 more of these asap!

*Got LootCrate?*
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:58:07 PM

Printing rev4? now and will have pics tonight! Almost there with the design, really stoked

*Got LootCrate?*
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:01:56 PM

Gigampz CS boards are now in-stock.  These boards work with any HP Common Slot power supply (ie: DSP-1200FBA, etc...) which come in a wide range of wattages and efficiency ratings.  We have a limited number so for now we are sticking to selling them in the forum only.  Pricing is as follows including shipping in the US.

1+  $43
     5+  $40
   10+  $38
   20+  $36
   50+  $34
 100+  $32
 121    $31 (entire stock)

PM or contact sales@gigampz.com to order

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:05:13 PM

^^ Faboo!
Have you figured out the connections for n+1 operation? That would be icing on the cake.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:17:03 PM

^^ Faboo!
Have you figured out the connections for n+1 operation? That would be icing on the cake.

No, sorry, we looked at it but couldn't get n+1 for a reasonable cost since it would require bus bars between the boards to do it safely.
chadwickx16

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:20:05 PM

How can we tell if the HP PSU is a "Common Slot Power Supply"?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:38:00 PM

How can we tell if the HP PSU is a "Common Slot Power Supply"?

Generally speaking they all have the same physical appearance.  A single fan at the rear of the PSU with a pull handle, 1 U thickness and a 64-pin board edge connector. 

If you search for "Common Slot" on Google or ebay you will be able to find listings of exact part numbers.  They come in wattage from 460 up to 1600 but 750, 1200 are the most common and most of them are silver efficiency or better.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:05:21 PM

About to test print the lid and possibly production ready revision to the DPS800GA breakout board enclosures. I've added GIGAMPZ to the lid. Pictures of the prints asap!

*Got LootCrate?*
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:48:28 PM

^^ Faboo!

No, sorry, we looked at it but couldn't get n+1 for a reasonable cost since it would require bus bars between the boards to do it safely.
As a ready-made assembly, ja. Still... Do you know/can tell us the control pins used to sense the slave buses? Others should be for setting current limit and supply status.

I'm pretty sure that pin can also be used for remote sensing at the load point to make up for drop over the power leads as well as letting you set the voltage out using a pot or external reference source.

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:23:35 AM

^^ Faboo!

As a ready-made assembly, ja. Still... Do you know/can tell us the control pins used to sense the slave buses? Others should be for setting current limit and supply status.

I'm pretty sure that pin can also be used for remote sensing at the load point to make up for drop over the power leads as well as letting you set the voltage out using a pot or external reference source.

I strongly suspect it is pin 38 but I wasn't able confirm 100% before a lightning storm took out my test server.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:06:14 PM

We are temporarily out of cables we expect more by Sept. 17th.

Still have plenty of stock of boards for both the DPS-800GBA, and CS (DPS-1200FBA, etc...) in stock.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:36:37 PM

We are temporarily out of cables we expect more by Sept. 17th.

Still have plenty of stock of boards for both the DPS-800GBA, and CS (DPS-1200FBA, etc...) in stock.

Is DPS-1200FBA a different board than the 800GA you supplied me? I am in need of another couple PSU's and figured why not expand my product in the process.
Either way, shoot me a PM with a price quote for 1x board and PSU please and thanks!

I just finished remodeling the lid for the DPS-800GA cases from scratch but I should'nt have any fitment issues now either. Warming up the printer now and printing more of the DPS-800GA cases...I should have a production ready version by sundown if this latest revision didn't fix all the issues.

Here's those pics...more soon

*Got LootCrate?*
opieum2

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:42:56 PM

Gotta give credit where credit is due. pmorici delivered. I ordered 5 on Tuesday got my units today!!! Excellent work and thanks. Cheesy

gallery2000

Activity: 784

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:32:16 PM

Do you have one for the IBM 2000W

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:39:13 PM

Woot! Finally!!!!

Printing the final revision now. The print I started last night turned out really well. The fitment was spot on! I've beefed up a couple of the walls and will have pics of the completed production ready case. As always, my cases feature a tool-less installation (snap-fit) but also have optional screw locations for securing the board/case to the PSU. Just gotta whip up a design for the front feet to level the PSU and good to go. I will be designing a stacking rack for these PSU's too!

I will be shipping 2-4 cases your way today and the rest asap!

*Got LootCrate?*
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:07:24 PM

Not on the shelf but we can do a custom order for almost any power supply at customer request.  Typical lead time for a custom order is 3 - 8 weeks depending on your lead time vs. cost requirements and availability of the required connectors.  Typical minimum order is going to be 100 - 300 boards to be cost effective but it varies by PSU.
gallery2000

Activity: 784

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:20:23 PM

Not on the shelf but we can do a custom order for almost any power supply at customer request.  Typical lead time for a custom order is 3 - 8 weeks depending on your lead time vs. cost requirements and availability of the required connectors.  Typical minimum order is going to be 100 - 300 boards to be cost effective but it varies by PSU.

Right now geekoscience is out of the 2000w.  It is very popular.  I would like to order some.  How much?

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:43:22 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 08:48:05 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Just got 2 of your adapters for the HP Common Slot PSU's and gotta say, very nice.

The only niggle I would have for the next batch is lose the connections to the 4 pins (2 top, 2 bottom) on either side of where the + and _ power planes on the psu come together. It will minimize chance of a short if the psu board/socket are a hair off alignment.

For info on finding out what the other control pins do, try http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18058250&postcount=599

Link to the complete specs list pdf current to Feb this year http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04111541 Covers every variant of them so you know what the exact specs are.

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:25:18 AM

Just got 2 of your adapters for the HP Common Slot PSU's and gotta say, very nice.

Thanks!  glad you're happy with them.
area3121

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:08:41 AM

request sent, i want to order some Cheesy thank you

can yo quote me for  4pcs and 5pcs full set kit of  + shipping HP DL580 G5 HP DPS-1200FBA 

i want to see how much is the difference when i add 1kit and less 1 kit

thank you
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:04:40 PM

We are back in stock on cables, a good amount of boards left, we are running low on PSUs but have more scheduled to arrive on Wednesday.  Seems to be a rush to acquire PSU's now that Antminer is shipping their latest batch.
area3121

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:11:46 PM

already paid ... pm sent... thank you
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:32:00 PM

already paid ... pm sent... thank you

Order shipped check your PMs for tracking.  Thanks
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Great product, cannot hesitate to recommend to anyone.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:03:54 PM

Back in stock on power supplies cables and boards.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:17:29 PM

A few announcements...

1. Got a fresh shipment of DPS-800GBA boards yesterday for anyone looking for good pricing on a volume order.  We can offer volume pricing as low as $22 per board for orders of 100+ boards.

2. We are down to our last 5 Common Slot boards (DSP1200-FBA)  Get them  while they last.  We also have some DSP-1200FBA PSUs we can sell with these boards if you want a whole kit.

3. We now have board designs for the DPS-2000bb, and the Dell Z750p available for custom order.  Minimum order for a custom order is 150 boards and lead time is typically 3 weeks.  Pricing depends on desired quantity, lead time, and part availability.

DPS-2000bb Album

anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:52:56 PM

interested in DPS-2000bb power boards. what the price is?
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:58:33 PM

interested in DPS-2000bb power boards. what the price is?

Ditto.
area3121

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:52:27 PM

i wanna get the 4pcs kits of DSP-1200FBA  + cables  + board (if $22 each.. Cheesy)

or

3pcs dps 2000bb kit

btw... my last order has already arrive and im happy to it  Roll Eyes

hope i got discount this time Cheesy
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:51:43 PM

Lead time?

Edit: just read this:

Which answers my question. I only need 5 to 10 units, so I guess that's out of the question.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:34:52 PM

Lead time?

Edit: just read this:

Which answers my question. I only need 5 to 10 units, so I guess that's out of the question.

3 weeks is our typical lead time if all the parts are readily available.  We stock our DPS-800GBA (1000 Watt PSU) product for immediate delivery and it is priced to be competitive on a $/watt basis with the DPS-2000bb if you are buying multiple.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:52:56 PM

We still have about 5 DPS-1200 boards in stock and hundred of DPS-800GBA boards ready to ship.  With the slump in Bitcoin price we are willing to entertain offers for large orders of boards.  Our stock of DPS-800GBA boards is piling up so we need to clear them out.  Make an offer.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:31:00 PM

Any chance you could add a 5v Type A female USB header on any of your boards?
This would be a great feature allowing to power 5v devices such as R-Pi, BeagleBone and WRT router/AP's etc.

I will be shipping the rest of those cases your way within the next week and will PM you tracking info.

Thanks!

*Got LootCrate?*
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:49:18 PM

Just in case you missed this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622783.msg7334094#msg7334094

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:57:41 PM

Thanks for posting that, it's been awhile since I read trough this thread.

I was just offering a suggestion to the OP so that they might consider adding a header on a future board revision.
Not everyone is into modding and plug n play is so much better anyways.

*Got LootCrate?*
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:03:31 PM

[...]

Nonono, the modding is 75% of the fun!  Cool

pmorici explains a bit about it a few posts above the one I linked to.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:21:11 AM

Thanks for posting that, it's been awhile since I read trough this thread.

I was just offering a suggestion to the OP so that they might consider adding a header on a future board revision.

You can definitely get a cheap regulator to get 5v or hook in to the existing 5v pins.  We are trying to keep the cost as low as possible and adding additional connectors gets pricey and since most people use these to power Antminers they don't care about 5v.

In other news we got a fresh shipment of DPS-800GBA boards in.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 09:07:12 PM

Still have a bunch of these in stock.
ZiG

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:05:07 AM

...and the new price is... Huh Grin Wink

ZiG
opieum2

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:27:44 PM

Any more Common Slot models? I would be interested in some more of those.

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:25:18 PM

Any more Common Slot models? I would be interested in some more of those.

I have 4 Common Slot board left.  The rest are for the DPS-800GBA.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:39:37 PM

...and the new price is... Huh Grin Wink

ZiG

Price is negotiable for bulk buyers.  All reasonable offers will be considered.
otromen77

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:23:28 AM

Hi BTC

This is my 1st posting in the forum .I got a question .Is there  any possibality to attached more than 4 pcie cable set on the bb ?looking to setup 6 pcie for my 3x S3+ and maybe ⅞ pcie for my UC/UV S1 ? sorry if noobs question   Smiley
ZiG

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:23:15 AM

Hi BTC

This is my 1st posting in the forum .I got a question .Is there  any possibality to attached more than 4 pcie cable set on the bb ?looking to setup 6 pcie for my 3x S3+ and maybe ⅞ pcie for my UC/UV S1 ? sorry if noobs question   Smiley

You will need at least 1200W+ PSU for them... Wink

ZiG
otromen77

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:25:32 AM

Will the DPS1200FBA dp the job ?
What gauge of wire to use and any safety precaution measures that I need to follow to prevent any electrical hazard or worst frying up my boards and my house ?
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 04:05:59 PM

Will the DPS1200FBA dp the job ?
What gauge of wire to use and any safety precaution measures that I need to follow to prevent any electrical hazard or worst frying up my boards and my house ?

The short answer is you need to get 2 PSUs to do this safely.

If you are running from standard American home wall outlets (120 Volt power) the DPS1200FBA puts out 900 watts.  You need to run on 240 Volt wall power to get the full 1200 watts out of it.  Even then it will not power more than 3 Ants

A DPS-800GBA can run 2 Antminer S1 (OC or UC) , S3, or S3+ units so if you are planning on 3 S3+ plus an S1 you are going to need 2 PSU's. 

You would need a 1600+ Watt PSU to power all 4 of those off the same PSU and if you are using standard 15 amp home outlets you are going to exceed the capacity of your 15 amp breakers if you use a single PSU.  To use a 1600 Watt PSU safely at full load you really need a more heavy duty outlet than is standard in most American homes.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:07:05 PM

I will be shipping the rest of your breakout board cases later this week...I am upgrading my printer today and should have it back online this evening and I can crank out the last few cases I've promised you. I will post pics asap
Thanks again bro!

*Got LootCrate?*
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:34:40 AM

We've got cables and PSU back in stock and still have boards left.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:00:51 PM

Just got a fresh batch of boards.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:52:06 PM

I sent you a PM two days ago about buying more boards, have you had a chance to look at it?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:25:04 PM

I sent you a PM two days ago about buying more boards, have you had a chance to look at it?

Just sent you a Bitpay invoice, thanks for your order!
Elsivs69

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:51:57 PM

Can this adapter work on a HO SSA70 DL 580 1200w power supply?
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 10:24:18 PM

Can this adapter work on a HO SSA70 DL 580 1200w power supply?

I'm not familiar with the SSA70 but generally speaking the original Gigampz adapter is only compatible with the following part numbers which are commonly found in the HP DL 380...

HP DPS-800GBA
HP ATSN7001044
HP p/n 379123-001
HP p/n 399771-001
HP p/n 380622-001
HP p/n 403781-001

The HP DL 580 G5 uses "common slot" type PSU with a different pinout and requires a "Gigampz CS" adapter instead of the original.

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:07:37 AM

A pair of these DPS-800's is perfect for an SP-20.
helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:15:00 AM

my psu corsair for neptune is dead
i need replace psu this is good ?
about customs when sendind can put low value?

looking job
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:40:27 PM

my psu corsair for neptune is dead
i need replace psu this is good ?
about customs when sendind can put low value?

We fill out customs forms in accordance with the law. 
h@shKraker

Activity: 403

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 04:32:12 PM

pmorici,

I sent you an email to sales@gigampz.com regarding 10 of your boards and cable sets.  Could you reply to that email and let me know if that sounds good to you?  Many thanks.

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 08:53:53 PM

Do you guys still have any of those package deals (ie DPS-800GBA + adapter + pcie cables) ? Also any adapter boards for the DPS-1200FB PSUs? I checked your website for these but they were not listed. Have you stopped making/selling them?

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:34:00 PM

Do you guys still have any of those package deals (ie DPS-800GBA + adapter + pcie cables) ? Also any adapter boards for the DPS-1200FB PSUs? I checked your website for these but they were not listed. Have you stopped making/selling them?

Still selling them, we have a limited number of DPS-1200FBA boards in-stock. and a lot of the DPS-800GBA boards available.  We can also quote cables and PSUs packages.  Our stock is always changing best way to contact us is via email if you don't see what you are looking for on our web store or ebay.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:05:19 AM

Back in stock on cables.  Still have a few of the DPS-1200FBA boards left and plenty of the DPS-800GBA boards.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:39:21 PM

Would anyone be interested in a 1200 Watt 80Plus Platinum server PSU w/ breakout board and cables?  Total cost would be around $135 shipped.  Would need order for about 60 units to keep prices reasonable.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:22:59 PM

Would anyone be interested in a 1200 Watt 80Plus Platinum server PSU w/ breakout board and cables?  Total cost would be around $135 shipped.  Would need order for about 60 units to keep prices reasonable.

Check out our other thread for info on our 80Plus Platinum Intel CRPS board design.  The Gigampz Platinum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929875
olliec420

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:19:28 PM

I need breakout boards for Dell server PSU, do you have any?
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:30:22 PM

If it's the Dell Z750P/N750P, that's my department. Pmorici has adapters for the DPS-800 and DPS-1200 from HP servers.

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 02:15:57 PM

Just got a big shipment of PSU's we've also been experimenting and if you run on 200+ volt power you can power 3 SP20's with 4 of our 1,000 Watt DPS-800GBA PSUs with 3 cables each.  We can sell you a 4-pack of kits for $240 + shipping. That is a PSU cost of $80 per SP20.  That's hard to beat.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:07:41 PM

We are back in stock on cables.  Our cables are now 16 AWG.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:46:01 PM

FYI for international customers; just added shipping rates to Australia and updated international shipping rates to include a cheaper first class mail option.
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:14:08 PM

What is the noise level of a DPS-800GBA and DPS-1200FBA?

Is louder than 40DB? Is it louder than a Antminer C1?
ZiG

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:10:08 PM

Yaep...they are LOUD ... Grin

ZiG
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:28:37 PM

Depends on the load, and the ambient temps since the fans are controlled by a temp sensor.  I don't have an easy way to measure the db level.  At max load they can be fairly loud.  If noise is a concern I've found the Platinum version of the DPS-1200 is pretty quite compared to the stock DPS-1200FBA.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:44:06 PM

The DPS800 is the only PSU I've slept around that I found truly irritating. It's not as bad as an SP10's PSU.

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:17:13 PM

Got a good stock or boards / PSUs / cables available.  Not sure if we've ever officially announced this but we also can to customer designs for pretty much any PSU and manufacture them economically.  Everything is designed and built in the USA.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:21:10 PM

As much as I hate to endorse the competition, I'm out of stock for 750W stuff for a couple weeks (we had an unexpected run on materials) so... buy this guy's instead I guess.

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:55:59 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2015, 12:11:55 AM by sloopy

I apologize. I did not mean to offend pmorici.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:20:54 PM

If you need something from me, best to PM or email. Let's keep pmorici's thread clear of stuff not related to what he's selling.

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:53:18 PM

Still have boards cables and PSU's in stock.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:04:10 PM

Just added a new breakout board to the site, the Gigampz Platinum for Intel CRPS compatible PSUs.  We also offering the new board as a complete kit with a 1200 Watt Intel 80Plus Platinum rated PSU and including cabling and power cord for only $147. 

We also dropped our prices on some of our other boards and added a kit option for the DPS-800GBA PSU for $54.76 including shipping.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 06:12:10 PM

My review is here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985163.0

Price point on the

GIGAMPZ SERVER GRADE 850 / 1000 WATT POWER SUPPLY KIT is

$54.76. You will be hard pressed to find an 850 watt psu for this price with this quality.

Gigampz Adapter Board
850/1000 Watt HP DPS-800GBA Power Supply
4-Pack 6-pin PCIe Cables
Heavy Duty 14AWG Power Cable

http://www.gigampz.com/store/p12/Gigampz_Server_Grade_850_%2F_1000_Watt_Power_Supply_Kit.html

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:08:43 PM

Just added a new breakout board to the site, the Gigampz Platinum for Intel CRPS compatible PSUs.  We also offering the new board as a complete kit with a 1200 Watt Intel 80Plus Platinum rated PSU and including cabling and power cord for only $147. 

We also dropped our prices on some of our other boards and added a kit option for the DPS-800GBA PSU for $54.76 including shipping.

Should also mention that we do offer bulk discounts on the 80Plus Platinum kit PSU's as follows...

3+ 6%
5+ 12%
10+ 20%

For very large orders of the DPS-800GBA kits we can also offer discounts over the currently listed sale price.
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:55:34 PM

Just placed an order for 10 of the Plat kits.  Pete was very helpful answering questions.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 01:40:22 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 02:54:05 PM by philipma1957

Just placed an order for 10 of the Plat kits.  Pete was very helpful answering questions.

with that discount they become a good deal.  I really liked the plat best.  (a little pricey if you get 1) but 20% off  for 10 or more helps a lot.

are you going to use 240 volts or 120 volts? All my tests were for 120 volts.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:51:11 PM

Just placed an order for 10 of the Plat kits.  Pete was very helpful answering questions.

Thanks for your order!  Just shipped these out this morning.  Check your email for tracking #.

-Pete
gigampz.com
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 02:59:22 PM

Thanks for your order!  Just shipped these out this morning.  Check your email for tracking #.

-Pete
gigampz.com

The plat is really good for running a sp20 at 1300gh.

It is lean and thin it stacks right on the sp20 it does about  725 watts at a kwatt meter running the sp20 at about 1300gh

This was all with 120 volt power source.
If he has 240 volt  it will drop a bit.
It will give him a compact foot print.
It will run pretty quiet pulling the 720-730 watts.

It also gives him a lot of overhead he can push the sp20 if he has low power cost.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
charles2k

Activity: 326

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:58:38 PM

I have one PSU DPS-800GBA with adapter and yesterday I was testing it with 2 KNC Neptune cubes.
Power efficiency in comparision with ATX Corsair RM1000 (80+ gold) is very bad.

For example (from the wall):
 RM1000 - 2 Neptune cubes 475MHz with control unit - 846W only (and very quiet)
DPS-800GBA - 2 Neptune cubes 475MHz w/o control unit - 906W (and loud)

I can not recommend this HP PSU, maybe only for very low price, efficiency is only a little better than 80+ bronze.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 08:51:17 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 09:11:42 PM by philipma1957

I have one PSU DPS-800GBA with adapter and yesterday I was testing it with 2 KNC Neptune cubes.

I can not recommend this HP PSU, maybe only for very low price, efficiency is only a little better than 80+ bronze.

You and I disagree. I will point out you are testing past it limits.

It is an 850 watt device. run 1 cube with it ..     price is 55 bucks and a  rm1000 is   about 130 to 160 usd.

If you run 1 cube with it it will be quiet and do better watts.

if you ran the rm850 with 2 cubes it would be a more fair efficiency test.

both the rm850 and the hp dps-800 would be close to max.

comparing it to the rm1000 which has a lot of overhead is not a true comparsion.

or run both the rm1000  and the server hps-800 with 1 cube.

running an 800 watt piece of gear beyond it rating won't tell much about efficiency .

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
charles2k

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:30:30 PM

You and I disagree. I will point out you are testing past it limits.

It is an 850 watt device. run 1 cube with it ..     price is 55 bucks and a  rm1000 is   about 130 to 160 usd.

If you run 1 cube with it it will be quiet and do better watts.

if you ran the rm850 with 2 cubes it would be a more fair efficiency test.

both the rm850 and the hp dps-800 would be close to max.

comparing it to the rm1000 which has a lot of overhead is not a true comparsion.

or run both the rm1000  and the server hps-800 with 1 cube.

running an 800 watt piece of gear beyond it rating won't tell much about efficiency .

No it is not true. DPS-800GBA and RM1000 have THE SAME power (230V). 12V rail both aprox. 83A
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 09:37:26 PM

are you doing 240 volts? or are you doing 120 volts?

all my testing was 120 volts.

if you are supplying 240 volts.

try testing both the  units with one cube.

what you may have discovered is the hp does not ramp up well with the 240 volts.

if you do both with 240 volts and do both with only 1 cube.

I would like to know the results.

my guess would be that the dps-800gba will do a lot better with the one cube  not 906/2 = 453  it will be quieter

I would think it will be more like 440 or 435 watts.

and the rm1000 will do closer to 846/2 = 423

The hp-800gba  I tested ran really well up to 700 watts on 120 volts.

It would be good to know that the 120 volt rating does not really jump to
 much when you go to 240 volts.

I know I got very good at 700 watts and 120 volts.  much much better then the dell did at 700 watts.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:12:00 AM

Yes, we agree the DPS-800GBA is on par with a 80Plus Bronze.
clubsofsteel

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:33:12 AM

How easy is this to set up for someone whos new to this? Is it something that someone with limited electronic knowledge would be able to do without a problem? or am i SOL?

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:09:48 AM

How easy is this to set up for someone whos new to this? Is it something that someone with limited electronic knowledge would be able to do without a problem? or am i SOL?

It's really dead simple.  Zero special knowledge is required and all you need is a standard screw driver for attaching the wires to the board.  Really isn't substantially different than buy a standard ATX PSU except it is a lot better value.

-Pete
charles2k

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:30:53 AM

are you doing 240 volts? or are you doing 120 volts?

all my testing was 120 volts.

if you are supplying 240 volts.

try testing both the  units with one cube.

what you may have discovered is the hp does not ramp up well with the 240 volts.

if you do both with 240 volts and do both with only 1 cube.

I would like to know the results.

my guess would be that the dps-800gba will do a lot better with the one cube  not 906/2 = 453  it will be quieter

I would think it will be more like 440 or 435 watts.

and the rm1000 will do closer to 846/2 = 423
So with 230V and one Neptune cube - clock 475MHz
Corsair RM1000 - 415W only (including control unit) - absolutely quiet - fan is no rotating
DPS-800GBA - 446W (and it is without contr. unit) - quiet, but not as RM1000

it seems that DPS-800GBA is about two class lower... I can recommend it for low price only and for people with cheap electricity

And for Corsair RM1000 is not necessary to buy adapter/cables - it has PCI-E AWG16
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:09:45 PM

So with 230V and one Neptune cube - clock 475MHz
Corsair RM1000 - 415W only (including control unit) - absolutely quiet - fan is no rotating
DPS-800GBA - 446W (and it is without contr. unit) - quiet, but not as RM1000

it seems that DPS-800GBA is about two class lower... I can recommend it for low price only and for people with cheap electricity

And for Corsair RM1000 is not necessary to buy adapter/cables - it has PCI-E AWG16

If you are willing to fork over the cash for an RM1000 which is only Gold rated and costs $167 on Amazon you should check out our 1200 Watt Platinum kit.  It's an Intel DPS-1200TB PSU that is 80Plus platinum rated and is $147 including shipping.  So you are getting a more efficient better quality PSU for $20 bucks less.  We also offer volume discounts starting at 3 units so if you are buying multiple you save even more.
bgibso01
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:24:23 AM

Sorry, was away from the thread for a bit.

I received my 10 Plat kits today.  Yes I'm using these on 240v.  I had to do some digging for a jumper, so only have one up and running right now.  Yes, very easy to set up.  And I decided to just let this one SP20 do it's thing to see what it would do.

The SP20 is running 1600gh at 1051w chip level.  I know it's high, but I'm just playing.  My others are all running around 1200gh at 600w chip level. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to get stuff set up.  When it's said and done, I'll have (4) S5, (5) SP20, & (3) Neptune going for around 20TH.

These breakout boards are FANTASTIC.  Very good quality and nice snug fit on the PSU.  Now what to do with all of these Corairs Smiley
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:10:01 AM

These breakout boards are FANTASTIC.  Very good quality and nice snug fit on the PSU.  Now what to do with all of these Corairs Smiley

Thanks for the kind words, we try our best to put out a top quality product and the platinum kit is our top of the line PSU offering.  I think it is probably the best deal out there if you are concerned about energy efficiency.  Then again I'm bias.

You could sell the Corsairs to newbs on ebay.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 03:46:44 AM

Sorry, was away from the thread for a bit.

I received my 10 Plat kits today.  Yes I'm using these on 240v.  I had to do some digging for a jumper, so only have one up and running right now.  Yes, very easy to set up.  And I decided to just let this one SP20 do it's thing to see what it would do.

The SP20 is running 1600gh at 1051w chip level.  I know it's high, but I'm just playing.  My others are all running around 1200gh at 600w chip level. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to get stuff set up.  When it's said and done, I'll have (4) S5, (5) SP20, & (3) Neptune going for around 20TH.

Yeah buying in bulk they are a good deal.  A quality product

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:48:06 PM

We are back in stock on cables.  Also still have kits in stock ready to ship immediately.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:27:33 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 10:14:03 PM by pmorici

We are running low on the server grade kits.  Plenty of Platinum kits left.  We are running a sale on the platinum kits right now for $10 off the normal price.  We also have our DPS-2000bb board available for immediate shipping in small quantities.  We expect more CS / Common Slot compatible boards from the factory on April 21st.

http://www.gigampz.com
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 04:44:46 PM

We are running low on the server grade kits.  Plenty of Platinum kits left.  We are running a sale on the platinum kits right now for $10 the normal price.  We also have our DPS-2000bb board available for immediate shipping in small quantities.  We expect more CS / Common Slot compatible boards from the factory on April 21st.

I am running the platinum with an avalon 4.1

it is a fraction better on power then my;

seasonic 1200 watt platinum
 seasonic   750 watt platinum
 evga      1600  watt platinum

I estimate it is            93% at 500 watts
while all my others are 91% at 500 watts

I use 120 volts to run it
It is very quiet pulling 500 watts does not get noisy until the 900 watt level.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:14:21 PM

For those that were waiting; we have just under 100 Common Slot V2 boards available, they begin shipping Wednesday.  We are also still offering discounts on the 1200 Watt Platinum kit as well.  We are temporarily out of the 6-pin cable packs.  Should have more of those available early next week.

bgibso01
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:54:28 PM

Just wanted to update.  The 10 plat kits I received have been running non-stop and smoothly since turning them on.  They are powering Sp20s, Neptunes and S5 units. One can run an Sp20 at 1.6T without even getting warm on 220v.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 08:01:16 PM

I finally set up 2 circuits in my home to do 240 volts.  These are a little better at 240 volts.  maybe I am getting 94 percent instead of 93 percent at 120.

I am happy with the one I have.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:36:05 PM

We are back in stock on cables.  Also the Gigampz CS boards have arrived and are currently shipping.

pmorici (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:32:19 AM

We've added a 1200 Watt basic efficiency PSU kit to our line-up for $84.79 It's between bronze and silver but doesn't have an official 80Plus test report for this model.

Gigampz power supplies for bitcoin mining
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:30:37 PM

We've added a 1200 Watt basic efficiency PSU kit to our line-up for $84.79 It's between bronze and silver but doesn't have an official 80Plus test report for this model.

Gigampz power supplies for bitcoin mining

Plenty of kits boards and cables left...
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:23:03 AM

Our platinum kit is perfect for running 2 S5's for those that are in on Bitmain's last batch.  Our stock is going fast so don't wait to order your PSU if you have S5's on the way.
bgibso01
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:27:59 AM

Our platinum kit is perfect for running 2 S5's for those that are in on Bitmain's last batch.  Our stock is going fast so don't wait to order your PSU if you have S5's on the way.

Also perfect for an Sp20 full bore on 220v. Smiley  But not sure why you'd want to now.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 08:29:29 PM

I bumped this since the sell on the 1200 plat was still running.

http://www.gigampz.com/store/p21/Gigampz_80Plus_Platinum_Efficiency%2C_1200_Watt_Kit.html

this will run off 120 volts and 240 volts

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 11:12:22 PM

We have about ~24 of the 1200 Watt Platinum efficiency power supply kits left.  We dropped the price to a unbeatable $113 w/ shipping  Also have some adapters and cables available.

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 12:18:29 AM

We have about ~24 of the 1200 Watt Platinum efficiency power supply kits left.  We dropped the price to a unbeatable $113 w/ shipping  Also have some adapters and cables available.

My one unit is doing 2x S-3's for about 3 months 0 issues.

I wish I had some gear to mine with so I could get a few more of these before they sell out.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
.. PLAY NOW ..
bgibso01
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 03:13:23 PM

I wish I had some gear to mine with so I could get a few more of these before they sell out.

I'm with you in that.  I'm down to 4T from 18.  I miss the noise Smiley I was expecting to have next gen stuff to replace it with by now.
pmorici (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 09:27:52 PM

Back in stock on boards and PSU's have some great deals currently going for 80Plus Platinum rated supplies.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 02:09:35 AM

Back in stock on boards and PSU's have some great deals currently going for 80Plus Platinum rated supplies.

Last legit post form pmorici.  He's since been hacked by some paid shill.  Oh sorry I mean "bounty hunter".

Another chump who couldn't handle the heat gets taken out of the kitchen on a stretcher.  Poor old Boomer; at least he'll always have his 15 min of fame in the 80s.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
██████