Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:21:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we "Like" a post?  (Read 23409 times)
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 06:54:15 PM

may it also serve as a requirement,  say a user needs to have atleast a number of liked post to be able to access some section.

Opens it up to abuse.  I just want to show appreciation for a post.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:51:21 PM

How about the ability to "like" or "+1" a post?  To prevent obvious abuse, you must have positive trust and seniority to vote.   A +1 should not give any advantage to a a post.

How about adding a rating beside each thread/post if someone likes his OP or comment?

It will look authentic in this forum because +1 and like features are more suitable in social networking sites rather than an independent forum where open discussions happen all the time.

What do you think Vod? Smiley
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 09:59:59 PM

How about the ability to "like" or "+1" a post?  To prevent obvious abuse, you must have positive trust and seniority to vote.   A +1 should not give any advantage to a a post.

How about adding a rating beside each thread/post if someone likes his OP or comment?

It will look authentic in this forum because +1 and like features are more suitable in social networking sites rather than an independent forum where open discussions happen all the time.

What do you think Vod? Smiley

If you're suggesting that each +1 would add to a total per post/topic, then yes, that is what I'm suggesting.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2016, 04:39:45 AM

Thought I would bump this.  The forum is attracting more socially aware members, and some may want this feature.

A simple 9 people liked this would be very inexpensive and a realistic feature of a forum expected to compete with the likes of phpBB and SMF.

Please consider adding this to the forum software.

felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 08:36:34 AM

I just learned that it is "forbidden" to post agreement posts like "+1", but missed a "thank you" button to show appreciation in such a case. I was introduced to this thread so i might contribute "original" content. I noticed the thread started 2014, now its getting closer to 2017, still no way to state that you agree with someones opinion "without cluttering the thread". A total counter like reddit has it would definitely be the goal, but for now im fine with a simple "Like" or "Thank you" button, though im not sure this will ever come, taking into consideration when this thread started.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 11:40:56 AM

I just learned that it is "forbidden" to post agreement posts like "+1", but missed a "thank you" button to show appreciation in such a case. I was introduced to this thread so i might contribute "original" content. I noticed the thread started 2014, now its getting closer to 2017, still no way to state that you agree with someones opinion "without cluttering the thread". A total counter like reddit has it would definitely be the goal, but for now im fine with a simple "Like" or "Thank you" button, though im not sure this will ever come, taking into consideration when this thread started.

Why? You have facebook and such for that. With all the farmed/bought accounts voting a +1, what purpose would it serve? This is why a poll is laughable here.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 02:23:54 PM

Why?
I guess 'thank you' or '+1' on useful posts wouldn't be a bad idea (as a way of showing appreciation), but then again it isn't really necessary.

With all the farmed/bought accounts voting a +1, what purpose would it serve?
I think that it would aid to help spread misinformation, among other (bad) things, as they could easily up-vote nonsense posted by their other accounts..

This is why a poll is laughable here.
I concur. It's too easily to manipulate one.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 07:53:22 PM

Why?
I guess 'thank you' or '+1' on useful posts wouldn't be a bad idea (as a way of showing appreciation), but then again it isn't really necessary.

With all the farmed/bought accounts voting a +1, what purpose would it serve?
I think that it would aid to help spread misinformation, among other (bad) things, as they could easily up-vote nonsense posted by their other accounts..

This is why a poll is laughable here.
I concur. It's too easily to manipulate one.

valid points, i too like to show appreciation for some posts, but in my case id like to just show "i agree"

maybe just use this, not a rating system, this should also reduce the chances of "upvoting" from multiple accounts, as "i agree" doesnt make sense on information posts, just on opinions
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 11:44:06 PM

Why?

yes it isn't really necessary but it remains a good idea and i don't see a harm to include it
sometimes i refrain myself from posting an appreciation to a post since it will be considered as a spam, i would show support to that member but i can't...

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 07:07:22 AM

yes it isn't really necessary but it remains a good idea and i don't see a harm to include it
I've already mentioned potential 'harmful' cases:

sometimes i refrain myself from posting an appreciation to a post since it will be considered as a spam, i would show support to that member but i can't...
That is correct. 'Thank you' posts are not allowed as they bring nothing to the discussion. However, you could thank a user as part of your post (e.g. write something relevant and constructive prior or after thanking them).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2016, 03:35:45 AM

I've already mentioned potential 'harmful' cases:

Lauda,

I see how one could abuse this system.  Sure, you can make a thousand QS alts and use them to "like" the heck out of a post, but to what end?  There is no benefit, no bonus for having many likes.  If someone wants to spend hours logging in and liking posts, let them.  

When an actual person makes an actual post and receives actual likes, they will be further encouraged to participate in the community.  We need people who want to post for other than financial reward.

Remember, this forum is supposed to compete with other software that already contains this feature.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2016, 05:57:56 AM

Lauda,
I see how one could abuse this system.  Sure, you can make a thousand QS alts and use them to "like" the heck out of a post, but to what end?  There is no benefit, no bonus for having many likes.  If someone wants to spend hours logging in and liking posts, let them.  
Well, as an example newbies could get tricked into believing false information (since they're more gullible). I can see people spreading false information with self moderated threads where they've liked their post with a lot of alt accounts. Anyhow, I'm not trying to say that this is very dangerous though. I'm just saying that we need to be aware of (potentially harmful) cases of abuse.

Remember, this forum is supposed to compete with other software that already contains this feature.
Sure. I wouldn't mind some 'thank you' or 'karma-like' system implemented (as I've seen in other locations).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 05:26:36 PM

Please don't make a like count too complex. Just a simple count of the number of appreciative users is quite good enough imho. And don't mess with the order of posting, one of my filters is post count - if a thread has over 100 replies, and I haven't contributed to it, I assume it is a spam fest, and I ignore it. Messing with the sequence of posts based on opinions that I don't respect, will just lead to me ignoring threads. The more thrads that sensible active members ignore, the lower the value of the board advertising, please think of board economics before implementing over-complex changes.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 08:05:21 PM

A lot of other forums have this, I was going to suggest it as well. I think it's a quick and easy way to give some sort of legitimacy to a post when you're in a thread absolutely full of people, busting at the seams with posts. So many times I've agreed with a person as if they took the words out of my mouth and I've wanted to just "like" their post.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 02:15:34 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 05:42:19 PM by AdolfinWolf

Is this something that is going to be in the new forum template for sure or not? It seems like a pretty good idea to me and shouldn't be too hard to implement?

Also, I think alot of you guys are overlooking the purpose of it, i think it gets obvious really fast if someone abuses it, and it should in no way represent the trust in a user.

Maybe some kind of hierarchial structure would be cool aswell. Just a thought.

Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 06:53:37 AM

Is this something that is going to be in the new forum template for sure or not? It seems like a pretty good idea to me and shouldn't be too hard to implement?

You are right - it shouldn't be that hard to implement.

All the modern forum software features include this.  Yet the developers seem to have all but ignored this (very popular) feature request.   Undecided

(HELLO DEVS - 16,000 page views - more interest than most other topics. Pay attention please!)

darkangel

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:17:24 AM

What would be the purpose of the +1/liking a post? Just to show your agree? Would they be tallied up or a score kept to show how many +1s/likes you have? (like being another feedback system). I thought about being able to favourite/bookmark posts or threads, not to score them or whatever, but just to keep tabs on them for future reference.
You may quite like a post. Why not? When writers want to post anything they also want us to read and care about their posts. We like it when it is useful content.
guy_wonderful

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

Working 24 hours a day isn't enough anymore.

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:33:39 PM

Idea good! But it has to be selectively from post to post, topic to topic.
SOMETIMES it's really can help appraise topics or posts.
But you should choose self when to turn it on.

THere could be additional function wich appear when you post new post or topic. like:

GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:56:06 PM

I think it would be a great addition if all posts were able to be thumbs-up'd. The reason that forums do this is because it allows people to agree with something that someone else has said, and very easily make that well known to everyone else that reads it. It helps easily discern right answers from wrong, or good opinions from bad for those who seek answers or opinions. It allows everyone to collectively say "yeah, what that guy said made sense", and make that message as easy to read as possible for anyone, without searching through an entire thread.

Does anyone else agree with what I've said? Thumbs it up! Smiley
dream_maker82

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:12:30 AM

It is unsure of what you say, what prevents you from ignoring or blocking users or their messages that you do not like. But the scoring system is needed, it will at least somehow show the adequacy of the user.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: