Bitcoin Forum
December 15, 2017, 02:35:53 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Binary-Chain - VeriCoin and Verium - The First Dual-Blockchain Protocol  (Read 12040 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rgsnedds

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:58:47 PM

Idea!?! Devs?

why not disable pooled mining so that everyone has to mine directly from the wallet/vault?

i feel a bit pushed out as I couldn't get my mac configured to mine on a pool, so i'm resigned to 4-threads using the wallet.

Pools aren't owned by the developers but are community run, that is the whole idea of decentralization.

If you are having technical problems mining on a pool you can get live tech support in our Slack slack.vericoin.info

We are working on a One Click Pool miner which should be out shortly which will make pool mining very simple.

this sounds good. I did try to get onto slack earlier but it wasn't connecting for some reason.

I like Vericoin Verium-uch

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knooters

Activity: 2

View Profile
Today at 01:20:59 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyway... Decided to give mining a shot, so downloaded a Verium Vault program. However, it needs literally forever to fully synchronize with the network. Sitting at 86.1% for the entire day now, with 18-20 connections. Is there anything I can do to speed things up?

File > Reload Blockchain will get you the latest bootstrap which is update every 15mins

It should never take more then 5-10mins to sync for both VeriCoin and Verium

Can't really make it work. But it's moving forward... slowly. Sitting at 96.1% right now.

2nd question of the day is if there are any thread limitations? The program runs on a (different) 48 thread server with 32GB RAM, but for some reason it's not utilizing the full potential of the setup. Currently it's at 27% only, which is not that impressive.
bilbro_baggins

Activity: 14

View Profile
Today at 07:34:11 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyway... Decided to give mining a shot, so downloaded a Verium Vault program. However, it needs literally forever to fully synchronize with the network. Sitting at 86.1% for the entire day now, with 18-20 connections. Is there anything I can do to speed things up?

File > Reload Blockchain will get you the latest bootstrap which is update every 15mins

It should never take more then 5-10mins to sync for both VeriCoin and Verium

Can't really make it work. But it's moving forward... slowly. Sitting at 96.1% right now.

2nd question of the day is if there are any thread limitations? The program runs on a (different) 48 thread server with 32GB RAM, but for some reason it's not utilizing the full potential of the setup. Currently it's at 27% only, which is not that impressive.

What's your memory usage look like? I've got a feeling 32GB of RAM for 48 threads may not suffice. Verium is extremely memory hungry which is what makes it so ASIC resistant. I've got 6 threads running and I'm using roughly 5GB of RAM.
singula

Activity: 392

View Profile
Today at 02:23:31 PM

Same happened to me. If you are under NAT, you have to punch holes in your firewall and forward port 36988 to your PC

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.