Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:12:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150748 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:15:09 AM

0 confirmed bet so far. I would think there is 85% chance CLAM will not trade at less than 0.0029 at any point before April 29th

1 bet confirm. i added arrows to help.

also you can bet 100 clam on that it will go below and if you win you get 800 clam

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omahapoker

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:22:56 AM

I see what problem is. you had it on BTC currency. you have to click on CLAM currency to see the bet.

you can still bet whatever currency you though

when im betting on price of clam i want to bet with clam
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:19:36 PM

also you can bet 100 clam on that it will go below and if you win you get 800 clam

I don't think you understand how it works.

So far there has been one bet. They bet 8 CLAM on "no".

If you bet 100 CLAM on "yes" and nobody else bets, you win the 8 CLAM that was bet on "no". That's all.
It's the same as if you bet 1 CLAM on "yes" and nobody else bet. You still win the 8 CLAM that was bet on "no".

You can see this using the on-site calculator:

It shows that betting 100 on "yes" gets you back 106.92. That's your 100 plus the losing bet of 8, minus fees of 1.08 (that's 1% of the total bet amount of 108 CLAM).

So your profit would only be 6.92.

If you bet 1 CLAM on "yes", you'd get back 8.91 for a profit of 7.91. Only 0.09 would be taken in fees (1% of the total bet amount of 9 CLAM).

So it turns out the less you bet the more profit you make - if you're the only one betting that side.

Also did you see the graphical representation of a 0-8 split?

That's just weird. Smiley

0 should look a little smaller than that!

It feels like a poorly-done knockoff of bitbet.us, without the action. Even the bet itself is a direct copy:

https://bitbet.us/bet/1121/clam-losing-grip-sells-0-0029-or-lower/

The problem with that is that you're unlikely to get anyone betting against you. If I think the price of CLAM is going way down, why would I bet in CLAM? I would sell my CLAM right now and buy BTC, or something that I didn't think was going way down. Otherwise even if I win the bet against you, I lose. I would effectively be saying "I think CLAM is going to be worth nothing soon. If I'm right, pay me some worthless CLAM, and if I'm wrong take my valuable CLAM". Nobody will (or at least, nobody should) take that bet.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:54:55 PM

My question to this bet on the price of clam in the future would be, if bitcoin sprints up to $1000 would this coin go up with it? That's what I think the wager is basically. It's a wager on how many clams to the bitcoin, it's 180 now.

omahapoker

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:06:30 PM

I don't think you understand how it works.

So far there has been one bet. They bet 8 CLAM on "no".

If you bet 100 CLAM on "yes" and nobody else bets, you win the 8 CLAM that was bet on "no". That's all.
It's the same as if you bet 1 CLAM on "yes" and nobody else bet. You still win the 8 CLAM that was bet on "no".

You can see this using the on-site calculator:

It shows that betting 100 on "yes" gets you back 106.92. That's your 100 plus the losing bet of 8, minus fees of 1.08 (that's 1% of the total bet amount of 108 CLAM).

So your profit would only be 6.92.

If you bet 1 CLAM on "yes", you'd get back 8.91 for a profit of 7.91. Only 0.09 would be taken in fees (1% of the total bet amount of 9 CLAM).

So it turns out the less you bet the more profit you make - if you're the only one betting that side.

Also did you see the graphical representation of a 0-8 split?

That's just weird. Smiley

0 should look a little smaller than that!

It feels like a poorly-done knockoff of bitbet.us, without the action. Even the bet itself is a direct copy:

https://bitbet.us/bet/1121/clam-losing-grip-sells-0-0029-or-lower/

The problem with that is that you're unlikely to get anyone betting against you. If I think the price of CLAM is going way down, why would I bet in CLAM? I would sell my CLAM right now and buy BTC, or something that I didn't think was going way down. Otherwise even if I win the bet against you, I lose. I would effectively be saying "I think CLAM is going to be worth nothing soon. If I'm right, pay me some worthless CLAM, and if I'm wrong take my valuable CLAM". Nobody will (or at least, nobody should) take that bet.

yeah your right. just testing it. i made same bet so people with clam can bet if they didnt have btc for bitbet

gonna make new bet is CLAM going to be above 0.008 in 3 weeks? that could  be good. . i like "any bet" because its another service where you can use CLAM.
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:22:21 PM

BIG NEWS: "ShapeShift Raises $525k, Reveals @ErikVoorhees as Creator"- seed investors @RogerkVer @BarrySilbert http://ow.ly/K9Fvd

https://twitter.com/ShapeShift_io/status/575313996552761345
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:59:40 AM

WTF is up with CLAM diving almost 20% in the past day?
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:01:19 AM

I have given up trying to figure ALTs out!!  Just hold on and enjoy the ride!!!

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:18:40 AM

Firesale I guess, although it could just be adjusting to the average Bitcoin price going up
Unless someone just won big on just-dice and I didn't check the news yet
(Also looks like its a return to norm trendwise)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:02:29 AM

I guess people see BTC price going up and CLAM price going down and decide to switch from CLAM to BTC.

Classic sell (CLAM) low, buy (BTC) high strategy. Smiley

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:06:45 AM

I just wish I would have hung onto the Crypto for Kids Clams (the event was November).  Would have made a nice donation this year. 

elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:54:25 AM

following Smiley
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:27:52 AM

I just played at https://www.joker21.com - BlackJack for CLAM.

People in the Just-Dice chat were complaining it was "rigged" and asked me to go check it out, so I did.

I didn't identify myself there, just turned up as a random player. There's a faucet which sometimes gave me 5000 clamtoshis and sometimes just 1337, but either way that's enough to try the site out.

The dealer got lucky a few times, but that happens. I was able to turn my 5k to 20k before busting it.

Then I deposited 10 CLAM, and was able to bet 1 CLAM a few times, getting up to 11 or 12 CLAM before the max bet dropped below 1 CLAM. I bet 0.8 CLAM a few times and ended up withdrawing 10.6 CLAM. The withdrawal was instant.

The site appeared to crash a couple of times while I was playing, the animations are a bit glitchy, when the dealer has an ace it shows as being worth "1/10" when it should be "1/11", and CBI was complaining of losing a hand where he split 10's, got a 21, and lost to a 5-card 21 by the dealer. "Dealer 5 card Charlies aren't a thing" or something.

More seriously, I couldn't see the rules listed anywhere on the site, and there's nothing about how the probable fairness works. It shows you a sha256 hash of a list of cards before you play, and publishes the list of cards afterwards, but there's also a client seed (integer) and no indication of how the client seed affects the shuffle. So it's maybe provably fair, but there's not enough information on the site to know for sure, since I've no idea how to verify the deals.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 01:49:49 PM

People in the Just-Dice chat were complaining it was "rigged" and asked me to go check it out, so I did.

I didn't identify myself there, just turned up as a random player. There's a faucet which sometimes gave me 5000 clamtoshis and sometimes just 1337, but either way that's enough to try the site out.

The dealer got lucky a few times, but that happens. I was able to turn my 5k to 20k before busting it.

Then I deposited 10 CLAM, and was able to bet 1 CLAM a few times, getting up to 11 or 12 CLAM before the max bet dropped below 1 CLAM. I bet 0.8 CLAM a few times and ended up withdrawing 10.6 CLAM. The withdrawal was instant.

The site appeared to crash a couple of times while I was playing, the animations are a bit glitchy, when the dealer has an ace it shows as being worth "1/10" when it should be "1/11", and CBI was complaining of losing a hand where he split 10's, got a 21, and lost to a 5-card 21 by the dealer. "Dealer 5 card Charlies aren't a thing" or something.

More seriously, I couldn't see the rules listed anywhere on the site, and there's nothing about how the probable fairness works. It shows you a sha256 hash of a list of cards before you play, and publishes the list of cards afterwards, but there's also a client seed (integer) and no indication of how the client seed affects the shuffle. So it's maybe provably fair, but there's not enough information on the site to know for sure, since I've no idea how to verify the deals.

Just a public service announcement here in response to Dooglus's post. I was the original owner of the site a couple months ago when it was a bitcoin blackjack site. The site was offline for 2 months to ensure no new players or deposits were made. I sold the site to a new owner outside the US last week to a community member. The reason why I sold the site was because of all the recent arrests in the US related to bitcoin, gambling, etc. I provided the owner all the source code, etc to ensure that I didn't tamper with it etc. The site does need some work as Dooglus points out, but I feel the new owner is committed to making it a community-trusted site and will address those issues. I don't believe the new owner has "rigged" the site in any way, shape, or form. I also wanted to let the community know that in no way, shape, or form did I rig, modify, or add any backdoors, etc to the site. I'm committed to the clam community and support it, I think additional services and sites add value. I think the new owner will do right by the clam community. There's also a lot of drama that goes along with gambling sites, so I also wanted to distance myself from said drama as well. I wish the new owner the best of luck as well as the community and their clams Smiley
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 09:27:31 PM

I don't believe the new owner has "rigged" the site in any way, shape, or form.

Me neither.

I made quite a few bets, and ended up with a small profit that I was able to withdraw.

I didn't identify myself, so I doubt they were letting me win because otherwise I would give a bad review.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
eprocent

Activity: 826
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 11:14:40 PM

I am new here, I've had so far claim wallet, I want to mine stake, but fail to sync my wallet. I created clams.conf, I loaded OP Listed nodes, but does not work. Please help me step by step. Sorry for my poor english. Thanks.
eprocent

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 11:20:28 PM

I am new here, I've had so far claim wallet, I want to mine stake, but fail to sync my wallet. I created clams.conf, I loaded OP Listed nodes, but does not work. Please help me step by step. Sorry for my poor english. Thanks.
3 Hours just five weeks more busy with another 26 weeks. Is it possible / likely go very slowly and eventually it will be synchronized?
garthkiser

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:11:03 AM

3 Hours just five weeks more busy with another 26 weeks. Is it possible / likely go very slowly and eventually it will be synchronized?
It usually takes me a day to sync a new client. Speed it up by downloading the bootstrap file to your data folder(the same place that clams.conf is located). Shut your client down, download the bootstrap from: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dooglus/bootstrap.dat, then restart your client.

eprocent

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 05:28:56 AM

It usually takes me a day to sync a new client. Speed it up by downloading the bootstrap file to your data folder(the same place that clams.conf is located). Shut your client down, download the bootstrap from: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dooglus/bootstrap.dat, then restart your client.

Thanks. I will try boostrap.dat
elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:06:18 AM

Just a public service announcement here in response to Dooglus's post. I was the original owner of the site a couple months ago when it was a bitcoin blackjack site. The site was offline for 2 months to ensure no new players or deposits were made. I sold the site to a new owner outside the US last week to a community member. The reason why I sold the site was because of all the recent arrests in the US related to bitcoin, gambling, etc. I provided the owner all the source code, etc to ensure that I didn't tamper with it etc. The site does need some work as Dooglus points out, but I feel the new owner is committed to making it a community-trusted site and will address those issues. I don't believe the new owner has "rigged" the site in any way, shape, or form. I also wanted to let the community know that in no way, shape, or form did I rig, modify, or add any backdoors, etc to the site. I'm committed to the clam community and support it, I think additional services and sites add value. I think the new owner will do right by the clam community. There's also a lot of drama that goes along with gambling sites, so I also wanted to distance myself from said drama as well. I wish the new owner the best of luck as well as the community and their clams Smiley

Dooglus wrote in last postring:

could you shed some light for us regarding the provably fair option on your ex website? thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: