Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:49:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wetsuit
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 05:20:14 PM

Is there an API that I could use to check a few hundred thousand bitcoin and dogecoin addresses to see if any have CLAMS that can be claimed?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:16:08 PM

Is there an API that I could use to check a few hundred thousand bitcoin and dogecoin addresses to see if any have CLAMS that can be claimed?

Thanks.
you should download and sync the CLAM wallet, make sure your addresses are empty and there is a process to check all the addresses, it should be here in the thread, someone will answer with more specifical info or you could ask for help on the clam IRC #clams on freenode.
Eitherway you should start downloading the wallet and sync it as first step.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2016, 08:55:55 PM

Thanks.
you should download and sync the CLAM wallet, make sure your addresses are empty and there is a process to check all the addresses, it should be here in the thread, someone will answer with more specifical info or you could ask for help on the clam IRC #clams on freenode.

It can be as simple as placing the wallet.dat file holding the addresses in the data folder. 
You can also use the file->import wallet command and browse to the wallet. 
Finally, if the debug file shows some missed keys on importing that way you can try with the -salvagewallet flag.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
wetsuit
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 08:20:24 AM

Thanks.

It can be as simple as placing the wallet.dat file holding the addresses in the data folder. 
You can also use the file->import wallet command and browse to the wallet. 
Finally, if the debug file shows some missed keys on importing that way you can try with the -salvagewallet flag.

Thanks for the help.

If I understand correctly, to claim CLAMS I only need to provide a signed message from the respective BTC or DOGE address. Is that correct?

If so, could you please tell me the command to use with the server daemon for doing this? I can automate the process for all my addresses. Basically I wanted to know if CLAMS could be claimed without revealing the private key of the respective BTC or DOGE address?

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 09:06:57 AM

Thanks for the help.

If I understand correctly, to claim CLAMS I only need to provide a signed message from the respective BTC or DOGE address. Is that correct?

If so, could you please tell me the command to use with the server daemon for doing this? I can automate the process for all my addresses. Basically I wanted to know if CLAMS could be claimed without revealing the private key of the respective BTC or DOGE address?

There is no need to 'reveal' the privKey, however it must be used to sign a transaction - much as how a DOGE/LTC/BTC transaction would be signed.  
You could probably manually do so via the rawtx commands, but I would point you towards dooglus for that.  

It is a very sensitive potentially dangerous process, and he would undoubtedly be able to better inform you with all of the caveats that apply.  

If you feel comfortable doing so yourself (which I doubt, given that you are asking) you are looking for the createrawtransaction and signrawtransaction commands.

almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 12:53:42 PM

There's no need to sign anything. All you need to do is let the CLAM wallet associate your addresses (which you hold the private keys for) with funds that were sent as part of the initial distribution.

If you just have a few wallets I believe you can import each into the client individually. It's basically a rescan of the blockchain to associate the addresses in the wallet with existing transactions.

If you have a bunch of privkeys from multiple wallets, you can import each key into the client using the RPC importprivkey command.

This is done 100% locally - no peers or any other third parties are queried in order to match against your keys. It's not until you actually use the funds in a transaction that the network sees any action.

(Do you run some sort of exchange, online wallet, or other service which holds user's funds? Are we about to see a big dig?...)
CoinRoster

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 02:28:32 PM

clamd getstakinginfo command gives me an output (among other things) of... "expectedtime" : 79426, can anyone tell me what this means?
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 03:38:31 AM

I just went back to find the number of addresses you wanted to check.

Oh, crap.
frostynug

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 04:24:55 AM

Clams will be added to the next release of the Bitsquare P2P exchange, v0.4.9.7 due out in about a fortnight.

For more information: https://bitsquare.io

this is definitely some good news!

lovewiki

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

Share Love

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 06:17:44 PM

clamd getstakinginfo command gives me an output (among other things) of... "expectedtime" : 79426, can anyone tell me what this means?

This means if you continue staking, it is expected that you will find a new block after 79426 seconds.

But there is no guarantee because it is only an estimation. It is also possible you will find a new block one second later, or you will never find one.

Register for FREE Bitcoin!
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1327

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 02:20:33 AM

This means if you continue staking, it is expected that you will find a new block after 79426 seconds.

But there is no guarantee because it is only an estimation. It is also possible you will find a new block one second later, or you will never find one.

I can confirm it's the expected time to stake, in seconds.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 02:25:36 AM

Nearly, but not quite. You need to provide a signature, but of a transaction, not a message. This is the same that Bitcoin uses - when you want to spend your Bitcoins your wallet makes a transaction and signs it using your Bitcoin private key.

The point you may be missing is that the private key for your free CLAMs *is* your BTC private key. The private keys are the same, and the addresses only look different because of the 'version byte' (the thing which makes BTC addresses start with a '1' while CLAM addresses start with an 'x').

So the easiest way to sign a transaction using your private key is to import your old BTC/DOGE private keys into a CLAM wallet, let it rescan, and then send a transaction from the CLAM wallet as you would from any other wallet.

If so, could you please tell me the command to use with the server daemon for doing this?

"clamd sendtoaddress <address> <amount>" - or use the QT version and use the send tab.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 03:18:10 AM

Nearly, but not quite. You need to provide a signature, but of a transaction, not a message. This is the same that Bitcoin uses - when you want to spend your Bitcoins your wallet makes a transaction and signs it using your Bitcoin private key.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the original question, we seem to have gone off the track a little. Wetsuit just wants to find out if BTC/DOGE addresses are eligible to claim, right? Why would there be a need to sign a transaction by sending funds? Import the private keys and rescan the blockchain.

I'm just getting nervous about what will happen if a good portion of those "hundred thousand addresses" are eligible to claim.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2016, 05:07:08 AM

Unless I'm misunderstanding the original question, we seem to have gone off the track a little. Wetsuit just wants to find out if BTC/DOGE addresses are eligible to claim, right? Why would there be a need to sign a transaction by sending funds? Import the private keys and rescan the blockchain.

I'm just getting nervous about what will happen if a good portion of those "hundred thousand addresses" are eligible to claim.

I expect the quotes are apt. 
That said, the proof is in the pudding Smiley 

Regardless, a concerned user could indeed sync, block/unplug/firewall and check - without exposing the client to the outside world when it touches the private keys.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 05:39:01 PM

Wetsuit just wants to find out if BTC/DOGE addresses are eligible to claim

Oh, well to do that he doesn't need to even know his private keys, or share them with anyone.

The first 10k blocks in the CLAM blockchain list all the CLAM addresses which are eligible to claim, and it is possible to convert those CLAM addresses to BTC, LTC, and DOGE addresses by changing the version byte accordingly.

There were about 3.2 million CLAM addresses funded. Those correspond to 3.2 million BTC addresses. If you have a list of your BTC addresses you could make a list of funded BTC addresses, and check for matches with the list of funded BTC addresses.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 06:24:47 PM

I just had something brought to my attention that needs to be added to the OP and is GREAT news.

BTCPop now allows users to trade Clamcoins while they stake!!  This means you can leave a CLAM order on the books and it will still mint coins for you.  They also charge a super low fee of 2% on staked coins (Just-Dice is 10% and bustaclams is a little lower.)

I'm going to start trading over on BTCPop here really soon and I hope to see more over there helping decentralize the CLAM network.

BTCPop primary has done Bitcoin loans in the past, but they are breaking into new markets and are super happy to have our CLAMmunities business.

I deposited 1 CLAM for testing this more... all is working well.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin.
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins every 10 minutes.
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 07:01:15 PM

I just had something brought to my attention that needs to be added to the OP and is GREAT news.

BTCPop now allows users to trade Clamcoins while they stake!!  This means you can leave a CLAM order on the books and it will still mint coins for you.  They also charge a super low fee of 2% on staked coins (Just-Dice is 10% and bustaclams is a little lower.)

I'm going to start trading over on BTCPop here really soon and I hope to see more over there helping decentralize the CLAM network.

BTCPop primary has done Bitcoin loans in the past, but they are breaking into new markets and are super happy to have our CLAMmunities business.

I deposited 1 CLAM for testing this more... all is working well.

As an old member of btcpop community, (more than a year and a half that i was investing on that site), i can confirm all, for every coins with pos technology that is listed on btcpop, users with balance of the coins receive staking payout, also if coins are in book for sell orders.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 06:10:56 PM

I'm still monitoring the JD staking wallet. It started out with 13k outputs of size 100 CLAMs each, and I set it to split to 25 CLAM outputs when it stakes. I counted the number of outputs of each size each morning, and plotted those counts on a log scale:

https://i.imgur.com/aqbUlD9.png

Another update:

http://khashier.com/tx/78674b941f812f72e19d68b9f56330cdd80b00d8c94162526dac9c73044aa3ed is the 42 CLAM output, the most successful staker so far.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 11:40:02 PM

Sometimes I think CLAM fully controls desperation of gullible newbies.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2016, 05:39:47 AM

Sometimes I think CLAM fully controls desperation of gullible newbies.

Curious about the logic that brings you to post such tripe on the thread of the one crypto that was distributed specifically to existing (and thus less new) and balance holding (and thus less desperate) users.

Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: