Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150748 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:01:59 AM

It may sound strange, but I have found about this coin only yesterday. Fortunately, I have found an old wallet.dat backup from the times I used the full BTC client (no bitcoins there anymore). Importing worked and I've got some Clams, but the client cannot sync. First it became stuck on some old block (almost three years ago). I have downloaded the blockchain from cryptochainer.com, and now the client just writes 'out of sync' and does nothing (but it shows 19 active connections to the Clam network). Of course, stacking does not work.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:41:28 PM

It may sound strange, but I have found about this coin only yesterday. Fortunately, I have found an old wallet.dat backup from the times I used the full BTC client (no bitcoins there anymore). Importing worked and I've got some Clams, but the client cannot sync. First it became stuck on some old block (almost three years ago). I have downloaded the blockchain from cryptochainer.com, and now the client just writes 'out of sync' and does nothing (but it shows 19 active connections to the Clam network). Of course, stacking does not work.
I don't know what cryptochainer is but https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.msg9772191#msg9772191 there you got the bootstrap.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
A1exander

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:06:05 PM

I don't know what cryptochainer is but https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.msg9772191#msg9772191 there you got the bootstrap.

Thanks. I've downloaded the bootstrap file, but importing is incredibly slow. I hope it can be interrupted and then restarted for the position where it stopped, otherwise I would probably not be able to complete the process at all.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:52:12 PM

Does the client overwrite the decrypted keys (a) when the client "locks" after the specified period and (b) before the client exits?

Yes, looks like it does to me.

I recently found a bug in the unlocking code. If you ask it to unlock for too many seconds, it instantly relocks. I would suggest never using more than a 9 digit number of seconds to be on the same side.

As an example, try unlocking for 2^31 = 2147483648 seconds and it will instantly relock, but unlock for one less second than that and it works.

The same thing happens in Bitcoin Core, but only when you get up to around 2^63/1000 seconds, which is a much bigger number. I reported it here:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12100

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:56:25 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 10:09:27 PM by dooglus

I have downloaded the blockchain from cryptochainer.com, and now the client just writes 'out of sync' and does nothing (but it shows 19 active connections to the Clam network). Of course, stacking does not work.

I've not heard of that site before. [Edit: I checked it out; couple of problems: 1) it's a zip archive of the CLAM client's data directory after syncing the blockchain; you have to trust the site not to have planted fake utxos in their db; you're better off downloading a bootstrap file and processing it yourself. 2) it only contains 1686 MB of block data whereas the CLAM blockchain currently has 2193 MB of data, so it's quite out of date. ]

I just updated my copy of the CLAM blockchain here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.msg9772191#msg9772191

The CLAM client gets stuck occasionally. If you stop and restart it when it gets stuck it should eventually sync.

Xploited is working on a new version of the CLAM client which should be a lot better at syncing, but it's not ready for release yet.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:14:45 PM

Thanks. I've downloaded the bootstrap file, but importing is incredibly slow. I hope it can be interrupted and then restarted for the position where it stopped, otherwise I would probably not be able to complete the process at all.

Try turning off your Internet connection while it's importing. Does it keep importing? If not, you're not using the bootstrap file. It shouldn't be that slow.

If you stop and restart the client it will continue where it left off.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
A1exander

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:41:13 PM

Try turning off your Internet connection while it's importing. Does it keep importing? If not, you're not using the bootstrap file. It shouldn't be that slow.

It says "Importing blocks..." and continues from where it stopped, but it is incredibly slow. Probably going to take several days at least. I'm running it in a virtual machine (as some other altcoins), but it is still too slow.

What is the expected probability/percentage of staking?
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:44:14 PM

It says "Importing blocks..." and continues from where it stopped, but it is incredibly slow. Probably going to take several days at least. I'm running it in a virtual machine (as some other altcoins), but it is still too slow.

Estimated return in clams (NO COMPOUNDING) :: ... 41.0331677% return/year ... 3.3725891% return/month ... 0.1124196% return/day ... 0.0046842% return/hour ... 0.0000781% return/minute ... 0.0000013% return/second

I know nothing about probabilities but I do know that with small amount of coins staking outside of just-dice or other pool might be a bit unconvenient/difficult.

⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
A1exander

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:49:18 PM

Estimated return in clams (NO COMPOUNDING) :: ... 41.0331677% return/year ... 3.3725891% return/month ... 0.1124196% return/day ... 0.0046842% return/hour ... 0.0000781% return/minute ... 0.0000013% return/second

I know nothing about probabilities but I do know that with small amount of coins staking outside of just-dice or other pool might be a bit unconvenient/difficult.

41% is not bad. If there are staking pools for Clams, it probably makes sense to send my coins there. Which one would you recommend?
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:13:15 PM

41% is not bad. If there are staking pools for Clams, it probably makes sense to send my coins there. Which one would you recommend?
Definetly just-dice.com , it's also gambling site so if you choose to leverage the investment youll feel the gambling profits aswell.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:19:30 PM

Just-Dice.com is staking 1083323 CLAMs and staked 1236 times yesterday. That's one stake per day per 876 CLAMs, or 0.114% per day.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
A1exander

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:15:07 PM

Definetly just-dice.com , it's also gambling site so if you choose to leverage the investment youll feel the gambling profits aswell.

Thanks, I'll try it.
A1exander

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:24:56 PM

Just-Dice.com is staking 1083323 CLAMs and staked 1236 times yesterday. That's one stake per day per 876 CLAMs, or 0.114% per day.

Thanks, I'll definitely give it a try.
NilBit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:53:50 PM

I had trouble synchronizing, only getting a few or no active connections to the network.

Adding nodes manually through the console command addnode seems to have fixed this.

www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/CLAM/nodes.php
unununium

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:35:38 AM

>Poloniex message:

CLAM is currently under maintenance or experiencing wallet/network issues. Deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled until a solution is found, which may require an update from the CLAM team. Any updates must be tested and audited before enabling.

It seems to be a standard text message that they put up for any coin they're having trouble with.

They don't reply to developer attempts to help them so I don't know what's wrong.
Who is the dev? im checking twitter and its dead
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:40:55 AM

>Poloniex message:

CLAM is currently under maintenance or experiencing wallet/network issues. Deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled until a solution is found, which may require an update from the CLAM team. Any updates must be tested and audited before enabling.

It seems to be a standard text message that they put up for any coin they're having trouble with.

They don't reply to developer attempts to help them so I don't know what's wrong.
if u check github:"committed on 20 Jan 2017" :/
@dooglus ? Info please

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:08:59 AM

>Poloniex message:

Yeah social networks arent that used.
>Poloniex message:

@dooglus ? Info please
A new release is on testnet right now I think.

DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:59:22 PM

>Poloniex message:

Yeah social networks arent that used.
>Poloniex message:

@dooglus ? Info please
A new release is on testnet right now I think.
Who is working on it?

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
technerd

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:41:13 PM

I second this. You dont necessarily have to gamble, it's possible yo just leave your coins there for staking. It gives extensive stats too, like you can know how much profit you got at the moment.

A1exander

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:14:56 PM

I second this. You dont necessarily have to gamble, it's possible yo just leave your coins there for staking. It gives extensive stats too, like you can know how much profit you got at the moment.

Registered, sent some Clams there (fortunately, complete sync is not required for sending) and invested them. Works flawlessly, profits already covered the transaction fee Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: