del
February 02, 2012, 08:29:00 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 10:52:59 PM by myself

del

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 08:33:48 PM

Bitcoinica long squeeze will come, but from higher.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 08:36:46 PM

Oh look, asterisk.  Time to short Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 10:10:46 PM

Oh look, asterisk.  Time to short Smiley

BINGO!!!!

Btw, Im holding pocket aces... just so you can rape me on this next hand..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 10:19:13 PM

you guys have been talking about the starfish for ages. i don't even use bitcoinica and it's starting to get really annoying. if the indicator were indeed that clear-cut then the market would have corrected for it already -- you constantly talk about it on the forums.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 10:34:44 PM

you guys have been talking about the starfish for ages. i don't even use bitcoinica and it's starting to get really annoying. if the indicator were indeed that clear-cut then the market would have corrected for it already -- you constantly talk about it on the forums.

Indeed.  I often see a star next to the buy and sell prices. Sometimes only on the buy price.  Yet, none of this seems to have an affect on bitcoin's price.  It's not moving at the moment, and hasn't done so for the last 24 hours.  Bitcoinica only seems to have a large impact on bitcoin when people are forced to liquidate.  Then the fun starts.  Otherwise it's a non issue.
teflone

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 12:18:06 AM

Indeed.  I often see a star next to the buy and sell prices. Sometimes only on the buy price.  Yet, none of this seems to have an affect on bitcoin's price.  It's not moving at the moment, and hasn't done so for the last 24 hours.  Bitcoinica only seems to have a large impact on bitcoin when people are forced to liquidate.  Then the fun starts.  Otherwise it's a non issue.

Your naivety is cute...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 12:51:23 AM

The starfish is the most trustworthy trading indicator in the bitcoin market.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
teflone

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 12:55:00 AM

Yup, it has to go..
 if you cant fully leverage everyone 10 to 1, DONT OFFER ANY LEVERAGE MORE THAN THAT!!!

Im fucking sick of this Bitcoinica, its ruining the market

NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 12:57:37 AM

Yup, it has to go..
 if you cant fully leverage everyone 10 to 1, DONT OFFER ANY LEVERAGE MORE THAN THAT!!!

Yes, Bitcoinica is a blight on this market.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 01:00:55 AM

Yup, it has to go..

I agree.  But I've given in.  Bitcoinica isn't going anywhere, so fuck it.  The bitcoinica starfish has given me more profit than anything else.  Maybe if more people trade on it it'll dampen it's effect.  I don't know.  Whatever. 

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 01:15:58 AM

Yup, it has to go..

I agree.  But I've given in.  Bitcoinica isn't going anywhere, so fuck it.  The bitcoinica starfish has given me more profit than anything else.  Maybe if more people trade on it it'll dampen it's effect.  I don't know.  Whatever. 

I would be shorting on it, if I had any trading capital left over during these "long squeezes"... The long term is up, no question about that, so I have to go "all into" my positions at this point to make any sizeable profits.
But yeah, as soon as those profits start piling up, i'll trade on this "indicator" and hopefully others will follow.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 03:40:11 AM

how comes i see it on both sides then? - and nothing happens
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 03:48:48 AM

how comes i see it on both sides then? - and nothing happens

When it's on both sides it means there's a connection issue between MtGox's feed and bitcoinica.

zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 04:01:18 AM

Yup, it has to go..

How did Bitcoinica ruin the market? Basically Bitcoinica pushed the price up (from longs on margin) until it runs out of the available reserves.

If we didn't offer leverage then the rally wouldn't happen in the first place.

We stopped offering "more leverage" when we realize that we can't afford more. That's exactly what the asterisk means.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 04:32:14 AM

Exactly.  And now that everyone is leveraged up the rally is over.  A nice long squeeze is immanent.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 04:41:10 AM

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
teflone

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 04:43:41 AM

Yup, it has to go..

How did Bitcoinica ruin the market? Basically Bitcoinica pushed the price up (from longs on margin) until it runs out of the available reserves.

We stopped offering "more leverage" when we realize that we can't afford more. That's exactly what the asterisk means.

Then your letting people over leverage.
If you cant afford to have everyone to go full leverage, you shouldnt be be letting them go that far.

Do you understand what your doing by letting the world know you cant afford to give out more ?

But, Im sure you enjoy the sharp spikes down.

This is why you need to exist as an exchange outside of mtgox..

StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 05:11:28 AM

Yup, it has to go..

Then your letting people over leverage.
If you cant afford to have everyone to go full leverage, you shouldnt be be letting them go that far.

Do you understand what your doing by letting the world know you cant afford to give out more ?

But, Im sure you enjoy the sharp spikes down.

This is why you need to exist as an exchange outside of mtgox..

+1

Wishing Zhou would take his Margincoinica outside of Gox....
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 05:14:46 AM

I think Zhou has stated elsewhere that he plans to start a full-fledged exchange as competition for MtGox...

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: