Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:26:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Sell] Cuban Cigars for Bitcoins/Litecoins.  (Read 35576 times)
ColdHardMetal (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:37:26 PM

Bump for the weekend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ColdHardMetal (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:02:46 PM

Bump.

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:27:06 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2013, 02:43:49 AM by chsados

Are Cubans really that good, or are they just sought after because of the embargo in the states?

I remember the first cigar I ever had was a Cuban on a cruise..ended up puking over the railing  Grin
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:46:49 AM

Are Cubans really that good, or are they just sought after because of the embargo in the states?

I remember the first cigar I ever had was a Cuban on a cruise..ended up puking over the railing  Grin

The embargo is 98% of the allure for the US market.

I could grab any old five pack with no locale on the band and claim they were Cuban and all my nonsmoking friends would want, neigh, need one, "just to experience it". The huge prevalence of fakes also goes to reinforce this. We're not talking Gucci purses for $10 and Rolexes for $20. We are talking about a huge, predatory market that knows both the idolized status of the CC in history, as well as Americans' blind and senseless desire to break the embargo. There are guys selling tourists $300 glasstops of Cohibas anywhere in the Caribbean or Latin America right this very minute. A couple weeks later ole Jebb decides to celebrate by smoking a Cuban he snuck back from his vacation, and clips the end off his $20 cigar to find a condom wrapper and a grasshopper rolled up inside. Are they Cuban? Sure! Are they good? I mean...I guess you could try one if it'll burn...

Cuba makes everything from garbage to gold as far as cigars go. Get some from a reputable, proven (I assume?) dealer like ColdHardMetal and try them alongside top quality sticks from non-embargoed nations. I think you'll get my point. The locale imparts subtleties upon a cigar, but the blend and roller make the taste and the quality. I just smoked a Flor de Antillas robusto last night with more than two years of age on it that was just heavenly. It was made in Nicaragua by a tobacco family that bailed the fuck out of Cuba when the government absorbed the tobacco industry. Ended up getting Aficionado's Cigar of the Year for 2012.

I just pissed my cigar budget away a few weeks ago on 1 of only 250 boxes of La Gloria 2011 Limitada Flechas made or I'd be all over a box of Upmann's. As soon as I can pull it off under the radar, I'll be snagging a lil' somefin somefin, but I am already gonna be in deep with the ball and chain when I unpack some fancy ass, well polished, handmade cedar box full of expensive looking cigars. There's no explaining that one away or hiding it in the coolerdor.

Anyways, CHM, we'll be chatting in the future. Sorry for the rant. I have a bunch of thread to catch up on.
ColdHardMetal (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:08:33 PM

The embargo is 98% of the allure for the US market.

I could grab any old five pack with no locale on the band and claim they were Cuban and all my nonsmoking friends would want, neigh, need one, "just to experience it". The huge prevalence of fakes also goes to reinforce this. We're not talking Gucci purses for $10 and Rolexes for $20. We are talking about a huge, predatory market that knows both the idolized status of the CC in history, as well as Americans' blind and senseless desire to break the embargo. There are guys selling tourists $300 glasstops of Cohibas anywhere in the Caribbean or Latin America right this very minute. A couple weeks later ole Jebb decides to celebrate by smoking a Cuban he snuck back from his vacation, and clips the end off his $20 cigar to find a condom wrapper and a grasshopper rolled up inside. Are they Cuban? Sure! Are they good? I mean...I guess you could try one if it'll burn...

Cuba makes everything from garbage to gold as far as cigars go. Get some from a reputable, proven (I assume?) dealer like ColdHardMetal and try them alongside top quality sticks from non-embargoed nations. I think you'll get my point. The locale imparts subtleties upon a cigar, but the blend and roller make the taste and the quality. I just smoked a Flor de Antillas robusto last night with more than two years of age on it that was just heavenly. It was made in Nicaragua by a tobacco family that bailed the fuck out of Cuba when the government absorbed the tobacco industry. Ended up getting Aficionado's Cigar of the Year for 2012.

I just pissed my cigar budget away a few weeks ago on 1 of only 250 boxes of La Gloria 2011 Limitada Flechas made or I'd be all over a box of Upmann's. As soon as I can pull it off under the radar, I'll be snagging a lil' somefin somefin, but I am already gonna be in deep with the ball and chain when I unpack some fancy ass, well polished, handmade cedar box full of expensive looking cigars. There's no explaining that one away or hiding it in the coolerdor.

Anyways, CHM, we'll be chatting in the future. Sorry for the rant. I have a bunch of thread to catch up on.

No question there is a "forbidden fruit" aspect to the whole thing. It really just comes down to personal preference with respect to flavors more than anything. Some people like wine from France, and others prefer from Chile. Same with cigars. Personally I prefer Cubans, so that's what I smoke. I don't really even know all that much about non Cuban cigars, so that's not what I sell. I have had good NCs, almost exclusively Nicaraguan when I think about it although Davidoff makes some nice sticks that come out of the Dominican if I'm not mistaken, but for the most part I don't like the NCs I've tried. Less depth of flavor, and a bit of an odd aftertaste to me.

The main advantage NC manufacturers have over Cuban is access to better machinery. As a result you see a lot less construction issues with NCs than CCs. NCs will also use tobacco from different countries to get a wider variety of blends, whereas CCs are always pure Cuban. NCs won't use Cuban tobacco at all because then they are blocked from the US market. You will see "Cuban seed" blends that are from Cuban strains grown in other countries. They don't have the benefit of the growing conditions in the Pinar del Rio region of Cuba where they grow tobacco, so they aren't quite as good, in my opinion, but not bad.

As far as fakes go, unfortunately there are a lot of fake CCs floating around. See this thread for an example. Know your vendor being the primary defense against falling victim to counterfeit merchandise. I've spent years in the online cigar community and have a very good knowledge of who is worth dealing with and who isn't, so take that for whatever it's worth.

Anyway, always good to see some discussion on the topic. Look forward to hearing from you.

Current Inventory to get a link on this page.

ColdHardMetal (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 11:24:15 AM

Some restocking on the way and an updated inventory

Also need to announce a slight bump in shipping costs as the local PO has, well, slightly bumped their shipping price. More than slightly really on a % basis, but still pretty reasonable all around.

ColdHardMetal (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:07:33 PM

New Ma4 46s are in. UPE FEB13.

Boli PCs in the air.

ColdHardMetal (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:54:54 PM

2 more boxes have arrived. Boli PCs (MUR FEB13), which is pretty standard, and the Partagas Shorts (AST MAR10), which is pretty great age off the truck.

RASS are in country, and RA Superiores are in the air.

bitbandit

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:12:38 AM

Hi all,

I have made three purchases from ColdHardMetal now!

Good stuff! He's always responsive and quick to send. Unlike here in Oz you get them with the bands on!
ColdHardMetal (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:53:20 AM

Thanks Smiley

RASS are in (TUO ABR13).

Current Inventory

Keyser Soze

Activity: 470

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 09:20:20 PM

From your current inventory, do you have any personal recommendations? Looking for something mild-medium.
red123

Activity: 244

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:20:00 AM

He will help you out. I asked him some questions in a PM and got some good answers. I placed a small order of four cigars and am exited and looking forward to sampling.. So far service is excellent and I am exited to try out the cigars, I have never had cubans, just a few different kinds on special occasions.

I will confirm when they arrive Smiley
ColdHardMetal (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:13:21 AM

From your current inventory, do you have any personal recommendations? Looking for something mild-medium.

PM sent.

ColdHardMetal (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:50:01 AM

I have set up the #ccs4btc IRC channel on freenode if anyone wants to use that method to get in touch with me.

ColdHardMetal (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:35:04 PM

RA Superiores are in hand. MUR MAY12.

3 day thanksgiving type holiday starts here on Wednesday, so shipping is off until Monday, September 23rd as I don't want anything just sitting in the post office if it doesn't have to.

red123

Activity: 244

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 12:03:25 PM

Just wanted to post that I got my well packaged cigars yesterday and everything looks and smells great. He pretty much shipped the same day and it took 10 days. I'm going to take these babies on vacation with me, thanks for the fast transaction and advice!
dominicwin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:58:52 PM

oh someone else sells cubans on this forum! Had no idea. Didn't know what the difference is between goods forum and marketplace forum.

Randy, it is true the allure has definitely a lot to do with the embargo, but still doesn't take away from the many Cubans being made are some of the top cigars in the world that you will find in the most luxurious hotels for sale all the time. Two of my all time favorite cigars are the Cohiba Behike 54 and the Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios, better than any non cubans I have smoked from other top markets.

chsados, definitely some cubans that are stronger than others. The Siglo VI to me is a tad bit too strong, but in the right situation with the right cognac, it is wonderful.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
ColdHardMetal (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:35:17 PM

oh someone else sells cubans on this forum! Had no idea. Didn't know what the difference is between goods forum and marketplace forum.

This thread predates that distinction, and I just never got around to moving over to the other section.

Had some sales that cleared out a few items. Link to updated inventory in sig.

kosmokramer

Activity: 266

The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:36:32 AM

CHM, you are amazing. The amount of information you've given me in PM in the past couple of days just shows how truly passionate you are. I'm excited to see the sampler pack you're recommending and will certainly return to leave feedback of my first transaction with you.

Thanks so much for your honesty and prompt communication - happy to give you my business Wink

firstbits: 1kosmo | PGP Public Key
ColdHardMetal (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:21:31 AM

Bump after some sales, and post forum chaos. Updated inventory in sig.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: