Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:54:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloudhashers - custom mining contracts starting from 0.01 BTC  (Read 10345 times)
vn2359

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:24:20 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 05:04:57 PM by vn2359

Scam - Scam
they....the prison...
Danydee
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:08:42 AM

cloudhashers.net registrar
whois Updated 1 second ago
Domain Name:
CLOUDHASHERS.NET
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server:
whois.publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar URL:
www.publicdomainregistry.com
Updated Date: 23-May-2014
Creation Date: 23-May-2014
Registrar Registration
Expiration Date: 23-
May-2015
Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a
PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registrar IANA ID: 303
Registrar Abuse Contact
Email:
@publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar Abuse Contact
Phone: +1-2013775952
Domain Status:
clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
DI_36497364
Registrant Name: peter till
Registrant Organization: N/
A
Registrant Street: zeliekis
Registrant City: pafos
Registrant State/Province:
Pafos
Registrant Postal Code: 3654
Registrant Country: CY
Registrant Phone:
+357.4567708
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:
@yahoo.com
Registry Admin ID:
DI_36497364
Admin Name: peter till
Admin Organization: N/A
Admin Street: zeliekis 15
Admin City: pafos
Admin State/Province:
Pafos
Admin Postal Code: 3654
Admin Country: CY
Admin Phone: +357.4567708
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email:
@yahoo.com
Registry Tech ID:
DI_36497364
Tech Name: peter till
Tech Organization: N/A
Tech Street: zeliekis 15
Tech City: pafos
Tech State/Province: Pafos
Tech Postal Code: 3654
Tech Country: CY
Tech Phone: +357.4567708
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email:
@yahoo.com
Name Server:
ns1.cloudns.net
Name Server:
ns2.cloudns.net
Name Server:
ns3.cloudns.net
Name Server:
ns4.cloudns.net
DNSSEC:Unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS
Data Problem Reporting
System:
http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>>Last update of WHOIS
database:
2014-07-07T23:53:45+0000Z<<<
Registration Service
Provided By:
DOMAINS4BITCOINS.COM
vn2359

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:29:22 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 05:05:14 PM by vn2359

Scam - Scam
they....the prison...
sillywhim

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:25:03 AM

Cyprus, The Land of Cloudhashers
AikiRon

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:27:38 AM

Signed on June 24, stated getting payouts right away, every hour until 7/7/14 at 6:18 AM EST. Nothing since. Why suspend payouts while rewriting scripts? Totally unnecessary. And who are all the complainers about transaction fees? Sounds like a crock of sh&t to me. I'm feeling more than a tad scammed right about now. Serves me right I guess for turning a blind eye to the "if it sounds too good to be true..." maxim.
sillywhim

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:48:58 AM

And who are all the complainers about transaction fees? Sounds like a crock of sh&t to me.

You feel this way because you are a complete bitcoin novice.

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS OF EVERY HOUR PAYOUTS. This makes investing small amounts, say 0.01 BTC totally unprofitable because of transaction fees.

So now cloudhashers is "working" on converting everything to once a day payouts, which will make investing  small amounts like 0.01 BTC profitable.

If you do not understand this, then again, it is because you are a complete bitcoin novice and a frightfully strident one at that --the worse kind.
AikiRon

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:56:12 PM

Well, guilty as charged as to being a bitcoin novice.

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS OF EVERY HOUR PAYOUTS.

That, however, is not correct. I'm fully aware of the inherent problems associated with hourly payouts. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear; my concern is that Cloudhashers is using that as an excuse to fold up their tents and steal away with everyone's deposits. From a programming standpoint, there's no reason to suspend payouts while you work on changing the payout algorithms. The coding and testing is done off-line and the only interruption should occur when you have to take the system down to implement the changes.

If you do not understand this, then again, it is because you are a complete bitcoin novice and a frightfully strident one at that --the worse kind.

You might want to check the status of your caps lock key before carping about my stridency.
kaprosuchus

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Compare Cloud Miners By Daily Payout!!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 04:53:06 PM

I was able to send the entire contents of my wallet (.028 bitcoin) to itself using blockchain.info's "custom transaction" and set a fee of .0001 bitcoin which is currently about 6 cents USD.
This seemed to work fine to clear out my "dust" transactions and it confirmed in a little over an hour.

sillywhim

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:08:09 PM

You might want to check the status of your caps lock key before carping about my stridency.

A misunderstanding then. No harm, no foul.
sillywhim

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:13:30 PM

I was able to send the entire contents of my wallet (.028 bitcoin) to itself using blockchain.info's "custom transaction" and set a fee of .0001 bitcoin which is currently about 6 cents USD.
This seemed to work fine to clear out my "dust" transactions and it confirmed in a little over an hour.

You could easily do this also in the desktop wallet, bitcoin-qt i.e. even setting "0" as a transaction fee. But doing this makes you a bad bitcoin net citizen and it really increases the traffic that miners have to deal with if they decide to handle your transactions.

The main point though should be why was cloudhashers doing hourly payouts to begin with? They seemed completely oblivious to the consequences. Completely. Other wallets have built-in transaction fee schedules that can not be altered by users. Yes, these particular users could switch wallets but that begs the question of why there are hourly payouts at all.

I once asked about this point blank to cloudhashers. Their reply "...our users appreciate the hourly payouts..."  I think these "users" must've been photoshop'd.
Max.B

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:20:01 PM

And who are all the complainers about transaction fees? Sounds like a crock of sh&t to me.

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS OF EVERY HOUR PAYOUTS. This makes investing small amounts, say 0.01 BTC totally unprofitable because of transaction fees.

So now cloudhashers is "working" on converting everything to once a day payouts, which will make investing  small amounts like 0.01 BTC profitable.

I'm a novice too. This thing about fees is a very crap. And this is just another of many reasons that why btc will never take off.
So in example, if I receive 0,1 btc with ten incoming transactions, to spend 0,1 I have to pay ten transaction fee? This is the most ridicolous system to cash and spend money.
Probably after the speculative bubble of this year, btc will decrease his value close to Zero, because this bullshit make wallet menagement not clear for most of people.. bah maybe I'm wrong..

kaprosuchus

Activity: 144

Compare Cloud Miners By Daily Payout!!

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 05:36:46 PM

I sure hope cloudhashers starts paying again soon.  I was ready to dump a lot more money into them once I hit my first 30 days. 

Even if this is a sc@m, they'd make more money if they keep paying, as long as they continue to take in more than they're paying out.

sillywhim

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:37:42 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 04:59:11 AM by sillywhim

I'm a novice too. This thing about fees is a very crap. And this is just another of many reasons that why btc will never take off.
So in example, if I receive 0,1 btc with ten incoming transactions, to spend 0,1 I have to pay ten transaction fee? This is the most ridicolous system to cash and spend money.

Hold on a second...

When the bitcoin protocol was first formulated, it was envisioned that eventually all possible bitcoins would have been mined (a hundred something years from now, really.) At that time it was believed that the bitcoin economy would be very mature and viable.

To incentivize miners to continue "mining" sans bitcoin rewards, the transaction fees alone would provide a good reward to the miners.

Currently, the voluntary transaction fee is 0.0001 BTC per 1K of transaction size payload. Each bitcoin transaction that occurs (go to blockchain.info and watch 'em stream in) is around 200 to 500 bytes. So you can have multiple previous incoming transactions go out under that 1K size (and it is still voluntary as of now.)

So if you have in  your example, ten transactions that amount in total to the btc you want to send out, you may have to pay 0.0002 BTC to send it. Again, currently it is voluntary (but that can change real fast in the future.)

Do you know how much it costs the merchant to accept credit cards? How much it costs to send a bank wire? How much western union charges? How much a postal money order costs?

Bitcoin is a tiny tiny fraction of all these methods of money transmissions. And this tiny tiny fraction oddly threatens the very structure of the banking system and interest rate implications clearly going back over two thousand years at least.

I think for this point alone you'd be happy to pay under ten cents for your bitcoins.
AikiRon

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:50:17 PM

I sure hope cloudhashers starts paying again soon.  I was ready to dump a lot more money into them once I hit my first 30 days. 

Even if this is a sc@m, they'd make more money if they keep paying, as long as they continue to take in more than they're paying out.

Which is the very definition of a Ponzi scheme.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
"A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned by the operator. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. The perpetuation of the high returns requires an ever-increasing flow of money from new investors to sustain the scheme." [1]

[1]  "Ponzi Schemes – Frequently Asked Questions". U.S Securities and Exchange Commission. U.S Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved 23 June 2012.

If it turns out that Cloudhashers is operating along the lines of this model then they have been disingenuous at best in their marketing pitch. After all, they advertise themselves as providing a guaranteed return investment opportunity, not an opportunity to participate in a gambling venture (which all Ponzi schemes are). Cloudhashers claims the ROI on deposited capital comes from their scrypt mining operation and then elaborate on why they can offer such high payouts (proprietary hardware, advances algorithms and cheap electricity). Perhaps they're truthful, perhaps not. The reality of the situation remains to play itself out. Either Cloudhashers will resume paying on an altered schedule and activate the promised mining multipool or they won't. We'll see.
AikiRon

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:58:00 PM

A misunderstanding then. No harm, no foul.

Agreed.
sillywhim

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:48:13 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 07:58:26 PM by sillywhim

Since the stoppage of Cloudhashers payouts 2014-07-07 10:18:45 GMT, there have been 11 investments (some bogus) totalling 0.29221338 BTC or $181.76 USD.

As a part-time ponzi scheme analyst I, sillywhim, conclude that the cloudhashers ponzi scam still has some legs to it and that payouts should continue in order to attract more dummies.
dekodoge

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:48:38 PM

SCAM is SCAM
vn2359

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:03:16 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 05:05:39 PM by vn2359

Scam - Scam
they....the prison...
ronskii

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 02:11:13 PM

Sorry to say this.. but nothing unexpected..
vn2359

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:11:57 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 05:05:54 PM by vn2359

Scam - Scam
they....the prison...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: