Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to become a bitcoin millionaire  (Read 4161 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:51:55 PM

There is no guarentee it will go up. So far its just going down...

What is "just going down"...?
Bitcoin bottomed at ~$340 and yesterday's high was ~$540, so it is already up about 58.8%, and probably heading higher.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
singularity

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:53:21 PM

Only if you bought in the last 6 months. Even in Bitcoins short history 6 months is a short amount of time.
CRServers

Activity: 49

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:13:29 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 01:25:44 AM by CRServers

The best and honest way is to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment for the goods and/or services that you produce.

Become a millionaire in BTC?
That is very hard and it's not a realistic goal.
Remember that there will only be 21 million BTC total, so theoretically, there can only be 21 maximum millionaires possible....
for the whole world?
Forget it.

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:19:00 AM

You could become a millionaire much quicker by doing technical analysis.
Utter nonsense.

I still think it is a better strategy then buying and holding

*Cough* - choke - what? 

No.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:28:07 AM

Back when BTC was hovering the 100 range, a relative sold some property and have a few hundred thousand to invest. He knew about bitcoin and I told him that It would be a great idea to invest 10 percent into btc, which would have been around 30k. He didn't do it and literraly a month later when I told him that it was 1200 he about died and blamed me for not forcing the issue.. I said "what if it went to 10 dollars, you would have killed me"

I think BTC is still a good value at 500ish, buy as much as you can, when you can, thats all you can do. The sub 10 dollar days are long gone, heck, even the sub 200 dollar days are probably over..
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:29:25 AM

Utter nonsense.

*Cough* - choke - what?  

No.

-B-
What he said. Safest, surest way to increase the value of your wealth is by melting shitmoney (AKA fiat) into Real Money (AKA crypto), and holding on for dear life.

People ask me all the time, "at what price-point will you sell?" and my answer is always the same: "I will never sell, I will hold onto my Bitcoin wealth until fiat no longer exists, and then carry on with life as normal."

If you're smart enough to comprehend why I'm linking this, you're smart enough to get filthy-rich with Bitcoin, even if you're poor.

Sell your body if you have no fiat wealth to melt, being liberated from the chains of wage-slavery for the rest of your life is worth it, I assure you.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:33:04 AM

True.  If it was 100% certain that Bitcoin was going to the moon, it would already be there because everyone would try to exploit the loophole as long as it was open.
That's not true at all.

If it was 100% certain that Bitcoin was going to the moon (spoiler: IT IS), _AND_ if 100% of the human population was intelligent enough to recognize this fact, Bitcoin would already be at the moon.

The problem lies in the second half of the sentence above. Most people don't even know what Bitcoin is. A far smaller percentage of the population has the pattern-recognition skills needed for certainty.

If it was certain to go there, why would the major investors (with billions of dollars) not invest in this sure thing? I am positive they know about it already. It'd be stupid for people like Bill Gates not to buy every coin if they are that positive. Hint: there are no guarantees.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:36:06 AM

The best and honest way is to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment for the goods and/or services that you produce.

Become a millionaire in BTC?
That is very hard and it's not a realistic goal.
Remember that there will only be 21 million BTC total, so theoretically, there can only be 21 maximum millionaires possible....
for the whole world?
Forget it.

They are talking about becoming millionares on fiat, is there is the case that each bitcoin worths 10 million usd (in 2050 when bitcoin is already in 4 planetary systems), so you can be a millionare with 0.1 btc.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:44:47 AM

What is "just going down"...?
Bitcoin bottomed at ~$340 and yesterday's high was ~$540, so it is already up about 58.8%, and probably heading higher.

I love how shortsighted some people can be.

Price in November 200ish
Price in December 1200ish
Price in January 800ish IIRC -> omg bitcoin crashed! Look how volatile it is, bitcoin always goes down.
February through May -> total despair, price gradually decreased to 400ish with a low of 340ish FUD all around

A few days ago, price jumped by $100 and no one bats an eye, than the price drops by $40 and everyone loses their mind.

Look at the complete picture instead of only at the small red dots. There's much more green than red you morons.
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 02:51:44 AM

True.  If it was 100% certain that Bitcoin was going to the moon, it would already be there because everyone would try to exploit the loophole as long as it was open.
That's not true at all.

If it was 100% certain that Bitcoin was going to the moon (spoiler: IT IS), _AND_ if 100% of the human population was intelligent enough to recognize this fact, Bitcoin would already be at the moon.

The problem lies in the second half of the sentence above. Most people don't even know what Bitcoin is. A far smaller percentage of the population has the pattern-recognition skills needed for certainty.

With radical honesty one realizes that nothing is ever 100% certain (except existence itself)... But I get your point, it's the perception of certainty rather than the actual certainty.   Agree.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:22:38 AM

Utter nonsense.

*Cough* - choke - what?  

No.

-B-
What he said. Safest, surest way to increase the value of your wealth is by melting shitmoney (AKA fiat) into Real Money (AKA crypto), and holding on for dear life.

People ask me all the time, "at what price-point will you sell?" and my answer is always the same: "I will never sell, I will hold onto my Bitcoin wealth until fiat no longer exists, and then carry on with life as normal."

If you're smart enough to comprehend why I'm linking this, you're smart enough to get filthy-rich with Bitcoin, even if you're poor.

Sell your body if you have no fiat wealth to melt, being liberated from the chains of wage-slavery for the rest of your life is worth it, I assure you.

I will never sell either. I am "all in." The potential good this idea can do in the world is much bigger than any personal wealth I may have. 

hystericG

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:25:09 AM

bitcoin to $10000? not likely in the foreseeable future buddy.
Meggie

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:27:07 AM

no guarantees and a big risk, in everything that you offered Embarrassed

Get Free Bitcoins -->>BitcoInvest
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:38:16 AM

no guarantees and a big risk, in everything that you offered Embarrassed

There are no guarantees that you will survive the drive to work tomorrow. There are big risks every time you step out your door. That is what life is about. You choose your path and hope it is the right one in the end. Risk is not unique to bit coin.   

jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:50:12 AM

To me the risk is small... If the price flounders around $500 for a long time, nothing was lost.

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 07:26:32 AM

True.  If it was 100% certain that Bitcoin was going to the moon, it would already be there because everyone would try to exploit the loophole as long as it was open.
That's not true at all.

If it was certain to go there, why would the major investors (like Bill Gates) [not invest?]...
I suggest you read about the history of oil.

I will never sell either. I am "all in." The potential good this idea can do in the world is much bigger than any personal wealth I may have.  
Now there's a smart - and ethical - lad.

"I can see now that the Game reflects my own efforts to negotiate those old primal categories: individual, community, nation, planet. Inevitably, then, the Game comes with an attractive lure to be nationalistic, tribalistic, and provincial. It forces students to go through the process that we all go through as adults, in which we must examine, as I had done, the local cultures we come from and the world culture we might one day join. The Game makes it clear that, sooner or later, if students remain solely within their own cultures, loyal only to their "own kind," they will put the planet at grave risk. But if they embrace a larger vision, they have the opportunity to heal the planet and create peace. Students learn, in other words, that without a total collaborative effort, no one can succeed.

Of course, it's tempting to hold to an individualistic view and pursue short-term gains. It's certainly possible, over the arc of the Game, to seem to be winning: to increase your territory and your assets; to enter into alliances that benefit you and hurt your adversaries; to expand your military influence; to amass wealth and power at others' expense. But these victories are only apparent. You seem to be winning, but you're actually losing. The Game forces you to learn interdependency. If you behave as an island unto yourself, ultimately you will be isolated. And no matter how many resources you might have accrued, the planet as a whole will not achieve the global peace and prosperity that are the Game's definition of victory."
-John Hunter

I am a citizen of the world. You can be too.

"Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our insanity. "Patriotism" is its cult. It should hardly be necessary to say, that by "patriotism” I mean that attitude which puts the own nation above humanity, above the principles of truth and justice; not the loving interest in one’s own nation, which is the concern with the nation’s spiritual as much as with its material welfare — never with its power over other nations. Just as love for one individual which excludes the love for others is not love, love for one’s country which is not part of one’s love for humanity is not love, but idolatrous worship."
-Erich Fromm, in The Sane Society (1955)

"I am against any nationalism, even in the guise of mere patriotism. Privileges based on position and property have always seemed to me unjust and pernicious, as did any exaggerated personality cult."
&
"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."
-Albert Einstein

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bit.tan

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:31:18 AM

believe best thing always come true
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:56:31 AM

Wow man great advice! You should become a hedge fund manager or something  Roll Eyes

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:56:14 AM

Gah, it's so hard to decide what to do. If I buy now I just know that the price will tank hard. Of course, you could say that it will bounce back and go higher but there's nothing more frustrating when you buy in and find out that you could have got more coins for your $$$.

I think that buying some coins to hodl and then placing some speculative buy orders can work out. I've lost out on so much potential coin by not buying in lower, despite the talk of this next bubble.

Happy_Emily

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 10:19:40 AM

Hi,

maybe you can offer Services for Bitcoin Useres. Such like happy-bitcoin.com

If you are doing good Things . . . you might be a bitcoin millionair some day.

Greetz Emily,

-----------------
Shops, Products & Services around Bitcoins: happy-bitcoin.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: