Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:45:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the pessimism?  (Read 4747 times)
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 12:58:10 AM

Now Mr. Moneybags has show off his E-Peen!  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 01:01:18 AM

look look its the 10,000 btc bid  wall that got sold into at 5.20

it is now an ask wall at 5.95. 13% in a few days not half bad  Wink

bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 03:53:29 AM

WOW! That whole 10K wall at 5.95 was bought up in one purchase. This person was also putting bids below it that you could see because every time one was sold it would decrease the wall by the same amount. I am wondering if they thought they would have time to pull it. This was a major market force down so I think we are ready to ramp up.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 04:29:04 AM

This was a major market force down so I think we are ready to ramp up.

Nope.  The only indicator that matters says go short.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 04:36:08 AM

Nope.  The only indicator that matters says go short.

The hourly EMA 18 crossed under the 7 also, a la Goombo's Journal.  Yeah, it's totally time to go short.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 06:16:00 AM

Nope.  The only indicator that matters says go short.

The hourly EMA 18 crossed under the 7 also, a la Goombo's Journal.  Yeah, it's totally time to go short.

Ahhh the Goombo Soup wont steer you wrong....
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 09:07:57 PM

you're very wrong. binary indicators are worthless, and your spamming the forums with this kind of post means that the market is likely already corrected for it.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 10:21:13 PM

you're very wrong. binary indicators are worthless, and your spamming the forums with this kind of post means that the market is likely already corrected for it.

This particular binary indicator is apparently worth quite a lot and is working as well as it ever has.  Nobody has the guts to fight against the starfish.  Until somebody takes a huge risk with a lot of money the starfish is going to rule bitcoin trading land.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 10:27:28 PM

This particular binary indicator is apparently worth quite a lot and is working as well as it ever has.  Nobody has the guts to fight against the starfish.  Until somebody takes a huge risk with a lot of money the starfish is going to rule bitcoin trading land.

EXACTLY!

except, they are already testing the boundries as we speak..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2012, 10:37:18 PM

EXACTLY!

i wonder what price would cause Zhoutonganization, my guess is most long positions where taken b4 the spike up and so a long squeeze wouldn't be so disastrous

gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 01:07:50 AM

personally..to zhoutong me you need to get at least under 4.4

recently i want to trade a little less leveraged
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:01:49 AM

Good play... Mine's at 4.70.  Still somewhat scary exciting though.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:06:58 AM

EXACTLY!

this. all it takes is one big fish to swim buy and take all the single-indicator-following lemmings' money.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 04:14:37 AM

Good play... Mine's at 4.70.  Still somewhat scary exciting though.

is their a price it has to reach b4 you can get 10X your money?

or can you at anytime decides to sell / cancel order? bitcoinia just gives you 10 times more to trade with?

i know I'm a little late in the game.. i really should go put in a few bitcoin and try out it for myself, just so i know exactly what you guys mean...

but if i put 1btc in their and go 10:1 and loss... do i owe 10btc? if so can't i just make another account?

Roll Eyes not that i would do that ... but could i  Cheesy

... ignore my stupid questions, ill go try it out for myself this weekend

teflone

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:20:59 AM

or can you at anytime decides to sell / cancel order? bitcoinia just gives you 10 times more to trade with?

i know I'm a little late in the game.. i really should go put in a few bitcoin and try out it for myself, just so i know exactly what you guys mean...

but if i put 1btc in their and go 10:1 and loss... do i owe 10btc? if so can't i just make another account?

6 percent margin call(loss) on 10 to 1..

96 percent margin call (loss) on 1 to 1 trading...

So.. on 1 coin, leveraged to 10

Your liquidated at 6 percent loss bitcoinica says..

you have to account on maintainance charges into that..plus if your all bitcoin and the price drops, your also losing value of your attainable leverage..  so that compounds the effect..  will liquidate sooner..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 04:29:00 AM

2 percent margin call(loss) on 10 to 1..

92 percent margin call (loss) on 1 to 1 trading...

These are max's

So.. on 1 coin, leveraged to 10

anymore than around 2 percent loss and you get a zhoutoung..

i c... so if i go short 10:1 at 5.91 .. if the price goes up to about 6.0282  (5.91 + (0.02* 5.91)) i get  zhoutounged.
but if the price goes down 10% i can  choose to wait for lower lows or take my bitcoin profits now?

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:35:30 AM

If you deposit 1 BTC, and switch to 10:1, your tradeable balance would be 10BTC. If you went "all in", you would be liquidated before you end up owing too much. You may lose everything though.
When you close your position, you make the profit on 10BTC instead of 1. Not turning 1BTC into 10 withdrawl-able BTC

teflone

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:37:55 AM

If you deposit 1 BTC, and switch to 10:1, your tradeable balance would be 10BTC. If you went "all in", you would be liquidated before you end up owing too much. You may lose everything though.
When you close your position, you make the profit on 10BTC instead of 1. Not turning 1BTC into 10 withdrawl-able BTC

Ya, your always making the difference as profit on the "pretend" 10 coins your borrowing...

So going short, and price is 10 cents lower on ten shorted coins closing your position will earn you  1 dollar USD, I also edited the percents...  bitcoiinica has a margin call, and a liquidate percent

The percents are on the Account Settings menu once you sign up

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 04:46:53 AM

oh ok, that makes sense its just the profit i end up with when i choose to close... so Z is lending me money to trade with, the money is his the profits are mine, but if my call gets to risky i lose everything.

ill have to give it a try at 2.5:1, for fun.

if i sent it bitcoins i can only short?

Ya, your always making the difference as profit on the "pretend" 10 coins your borrowing...

So going short, and price is 10 cents lower on ten shorted coins closing your position will earn you  1 dollar USD, I also edited the percents...  bitcoiinica has a margin call, and a liquidate percent

The percents are on the Account Settings menu once you sign up
right ok cool, thanks

you have to account on maintainance charges into that..plus if your all bitcoin and the price drops, your also losing value of your attainable leverage..  so that compounds the effect..  will liquidate sooner..

sounds like its hard to win  Tongue

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:58:43 AM

I know with USD you can do either. Not sure if it works the same way with BTC.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: