Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:25:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206971 times)
bitbd83

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Crypto Enthusiast, BD

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:10:32 PM

reveal your identity developers !
transperency is sooo important

LOL... you are paranoid aren't you?  Grin Well, my name is Sony Sasankan. There is only one name like that in the entire world and a quick google search will bring my entire life history for you to vet.... including pics, address and phone numbers too I think. I'm not exactly the "dev", but I kinda run the thread with a few others that I've not bothered asking for identities. Their BTCtalk names are sumgye, fayoling and cryptocayce. I'm the noobiest of the lot... and more of less take care of all the design needs. Like the logo, ANN page, that anon diagram... that's all me (pat pat pat). I also specialize in making announcements in big bold letters  Grin Sumgye and Fayoling are the ones knee deep into softwares and sometimes speak in crypto code. Sumgye is also the honorary keeper of the pink light. Cryptocayce is our eyes and ears to the outside world who brings us gossips and tales from beyond the swamplands.

this is ur twitter id (if i am not wrong) : https://twitter.com/sasankansony

Try best at: |OK Pay-Quick Change| USD-BTC-LTC-EUR-WIRE-VISA/MASTER Find me:  https://onename.io/bitcoinbd
Please donate few BTC : 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
Mine all CryptoNote coin with a ready GUI client-Excellent solution. Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grabciu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:13:12 PM

enjoy  Wink
rickyross

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:42:02 PM

Alright guys, here's where we're at. The mixer wasn't actually functioning properly, and after talking to the dev about the concept we really wanted to sever all ties from the sender and the receiver in the blockchain. This meant coming up with a completely new implementation. The dev is working on that now, as he has been all day. We should be able to test it in a day or two and we'll be looking for volunteers to test it once we're satisfied it works with our own coins. I'll post updates on his progress. In the meantime the site will serve as a concept page and effectively works as a send proxy.

Here is an infographic showing the method that is currently being implemented for anon.pinkcoin.info - though please know that it is presently not live.  It is a completely centralized method that is specifically designed to work through a website, and not among the methods that are being discussed by our team for inclusion in the wallet.

So basically we're planning to seed the sending account with a million coins. When you send your coins to the address the website gives you, it will go into the receiving account. Then the coins are sent to their destination from the sending account with that million pinkcoins we seeded into it. Over time the receiving account will fill up, and the sending account will deplete. When the sending account gets less than half full, the whole thing flips, and the coins that were pooling up in the receiving account are used to send, and the original send account is set for receiving so it can pool up more coins.

This way, the coins that you send never actually get to the place you sent them to. Someone elses coins are sent instead, and the transaction is instant. And eventhough the thing will tend to flip back and forth once the receiving and sending accounts are roughly equal in size, the oldest coins are always sent first, so there are no coins ever sitting around doing nothing. There's a constant flow through the million coin circulation system where none of the actual transactions are connected in the blockchain.

With a million coin pool, the largest transaction the system can support is 500k pinkcoins. Send more than that, and the coins will just bounce back to you - that will just be a temporary failsafe while the whole thing is still experimental. Eventually, once we're certain that the core is solid and stable, I'm thinking we can just have large sends bounce to a feeder account that will break down the coins and send it through the system in random sized smaller chunks.

We're happy to accept any criticism on the concept. We're always looking for input on things we may not have thought of and how we can make it cleaner. I need to get some sleep now but I will reply to all questions, comments, and concerns regarding this system in the morning.

+1 I like where this is going, will shoot out some tweets to help out.
sonysasankan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 05:46:37 PM

LOL... you are paranoid aren't you?  Grin Well, my name is Sony Sasankan. There is only one name like that in the entire world and a quick google search will bring my entire life history for you to vet.... including pics, address and phone numbers too I think. I'm not exactly the "dev", but I kinda run the thread with a few others that I've not bothered asking for identities. Their BTCtalk names are sumgye, fayoling and cryptocayce. I'm the noobiest of the lot... and more of less take care of all the design needs. Like the logo, ANN page, that anon diagram... that's all me (pat pat pat). I also specialize in making announcements in big bold letters  Grin Sumgye and Fayoling are the ones knee deep into softwares and sometimes speak in crypto code. Sumgye is also the honorary keeper of the pink light. Cryptocayce is our eyes and ears to the outside world who brings us gossips and tales from beyond the swamplands.

this is ur twitter id (if i am not wrong) : https://twitter.com/sasankansony

yup... one n only  Tongue

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
CryptoCayce

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:09:45 PM

Oh you want transparancy?
we've asked crypto security expert Julian Yap @jyap to give an unfiltered, honest audit and assessment  of the pinkcoin source code and blockchain. he should be posting the results of his findings within the hour. we will also be linking this post in our ANN OP.

while other coins hide and deceive you and make you wait for some expert wizard to come forward and let you know all the details of the coin code and blockchain that you don't understand to disclose premines, discrepancies in teh claimed total coin supply and the actual total coin supply. We've went ahead and gotten one of the most respected experts in the crypto industry to do just that for you Wink

what other coin is this honest and transparent?
we have nothing to hide, if there are issues that arise, we want to be informed and resolve the issue before it becomes a problem.

as the old adage goes: "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:41:41 PM

The power of Twitter,
Let's get some Retweets and Favorites guys

https://twitter.com/CryptoRox/status/472437609889669120
https://twitter.com/sasankansony/status/472426905530925057

Let's get Pink on some new exchanges

CryptoCayce

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:04:49 PM

The power of Twitter,
Let's get some Retweets and Favorites guys

https://twitter.com/CryptoRox/status/472437609889669120
https://twitter.com/sasankansony/status/472426905530925057

Let's get Pink on some new exchanges

YES PLEASE.

EVERYONE, FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF THE FUTURE OF PINKCOIN WE NEED MORE VISIBILITY AND EXPOSURE.
PLEASE SEND EMAILS, TWEETS, RETWEETS, FACEBOOK UPDATES, WHATEVER YOU CAN THINK OF TO GET PINKCOIN INTO THE MAINSTREAM.
FORCE THESE EXCHANGES AND INVESTORS TO TAKE NOTICE AND BEG TO GET INVOLVED WITH PINKCOIN.

sumgye

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:44:06 PM

Problem with this:

- it's not decentralized
- the amount of PINK's that are send into the mixer is exactly the same amount that goes out, so it's still possible to link these transactions

Or I misunderstood...

#1 Right. Because it's for a website, the centralized nature of it is fine, because the website itself is a centralized option. This isn't what we will be doing for the wallet, and I'll be totally honest, anon for our wallet is scheduled much later down the line.

#2 It's not exactly the same. You still get nipped with the fees for the internal transactions, so the receiver actually receives slightly less than was sent. With that said, breaking up the the transaction and sending in pieces is something we're thinking about doing to address this problem. Fact is though, you can't positively link the two transactions if you do happen to find the send txid and the receive txid - you can only make an educated guess that they might be connected.
sumgye

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:45:09 PM

enjoy  Wink

this isn't getting enough love. I love the pink panther! Nice job! I love it!
fayoling

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:57:45 PM

I was invited to perform a code audit of the Pinkcoin source code (code repository http://github.com/bigman7788/pinkcoin) by Twitter user @CryptoCayce.  I have not received any compensation of any kind for this audit.

Initially I wasn't impressed as the code uploaded to the Github repository was just one big commit which did not show any code history.  From prior coin history I could see that Pinkcoin looked like it was a clone of Novacoin (code repository https://github.com/novacoin-project/novacoin).  The main difference is Novacoin uses Scrypt is its proof of work algorithm whereas Pinkcoin uses X11.

I downloaded both coin repositories and copied the Pinkcoin source code over the Novacoin source code.

The Pinkcoin source code has some newer features such as adding the 'getstakinginfo' and additional GUI controls for staking and unlocking your wallet.

In future, the security of the Pinkcoin code and daemon would benefit with an update of their code which adds some block hash checkpoints as well as stake modifier checkpoints.  None of these currently exist.

I can confirm from inspecting the block chain and code Pinkcoin does not have a premine (hidden or otherwise).

Pinkcoin does have some amount of instamine where the address PTVSVbWVUAgfWAx2u1cmBfiNR85kEhCMzC has the reward for the first 186 blocks (4,650,000 Pinkcoins).  According to @CryptoCayce, this address belongs to the original developer "bigman" on Bitcoin Talk Forums (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=324234).  He mentions the coins for this address have been dumped onto the Bittrex exchange weeks ago and that "bigman" is mutually agreed upon as no longer a member of the project.

I was satisfied that the Proof of Stake, Block time, Block reward and other parameters matches their announcement details.

Pinkcoin does not appear to have any hidden, obfuscated or malicious code.  No core functions or RPC commands were modified that I could find.

I was able to compile the Pinkcoin daemon and download the blockchain on a Linux virtual machine running Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS.

This statement does NOT constitute a public endorsement of Pinkcoin nor does it guarantee that Pinkcoin does not or will not have any issues.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I often invest in coins from time to time and have recently tweeted the coins I own on my Twitter account @jyap. I liked that Pinkcoin did not have a premine and the transparency of the group when questions were brought up.  I personally bought 1,000,000 Pinkcoins at market rate directly from @CryptoCayce since I liked the group's outreach plans and projects mentioned in their annoucement.

This is great stuff, such transparency.

ASPHIAX

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:04:45 PM

Awesome stuff. Getting your code checked by a well respected member of the crypto community!
Other coins should take note of this!
Kutgw!
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:04:56 PM

I was invited to perform a code audit of the Pinkcoin source code (code repository http://github.com/bigman7788/pinkcoin) by Twitter user @CryptoCayce.  I have not received any compensation of any kind for this audit.

Initially I wasn't impressed as the code uploaded to the Github repository was just one big commit which did not show any code history.  From prior coin history I could see that Pinkcoin looked like it was a clone of Novacoin (code repository https://github.com/novacoin-project/novacoin).  The main difference is Novacoin uses Scrypt is its proof of work algorithm whereas Pinkcoin uses X11.

I downloaded both coin repositories and copied the Pinkcoin source code over the Novacoin source code.

The Pinkcoin source code has some newer features such as adding the 'getstakinginfo' and additional GUI controls for staking and unlocking your wallet.

In future, the security of the Pinkcoin code and daemon would benefit with an update of their code which adds some block hash checkpoints as well as stake modifier checkpoints.  None of these currently exist.

I can confirm from inspecting the block chain and code Pinkcoin does not have a premine (hidden or otherwise).

Pinkcoin does have some amount of instamine where the address PTVSVbWVUAgfWAx2u1cmBfiNR85kEhCMzC has the reward for the first 186 blocks (4,650,000 Pinkcoins).  According to @CryptoCayce, this address belongs to the original developer "bigman" on Bitcoin Talk Forums (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=324234).  He mentions the coins for this address have been dumped onto the Bittrex exchange weeks ago and that "bigman" is mutually agreed upon as no longer a member of the project.

I was satisfied that the Proof of Stake, Block time, Block reward and other parameters matches their announcement details.

Pinkcoin does not appear to have any hidden, obfuscated or malicious code.  No core functions or RPC commands were modified that I could find.

I was able to compile the Pinkcoin daemon and download the blockchain on a Linux virtual machine running Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS.

This statement does NOT constitute a public endorsement of Pinkcoin nor does it guarantee that Pinkcoin does not or will not have any issues.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I often invest in coins from time to time and have recently tweeted the coins I own on my Twitter account @jyap. I liked that Pinkcoin did not have a premine and the transparency of the group when questions were brought up.  I personally bought 1,000,000 Pinkcoins at market rate directly from @CryptoCayce since I liked the group's outreach plans and projects mentioned in their annoucement.

So I guess this means Pink is certified grade A whale food now Smiley nom nom nom nom nom before it hits polo  Grin

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
CryptoCayce

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:06:08 PM

I was invited to perform a code audit of the Pinkcoin source code (code repository http://github.com/bigman7788/pinkcoin) by Twitter user @CryptoCayce.  I have not received any compensation of any kind for this audit.

Initially I wasn't impressed as the code uploaded to the Github repository was just one big commit which did not show any code history.  From prior coin history I could see that Pinkcoin looked like it was a clone of Novacoin (code repository https://github.com/novacoin-project/novacoin).  The main difference is Novacoin uses Scrypt is its proof of work algorithm whereas Pinkcoin uses X11.

In future, the security of the Pinkcoin code and daemon would benefit with an update of their code which adds some block hash checkpoints as well as stake modifier checkpoints.  None of these currently exist.

Pinkcoin does have some amount of instamine where the address PTVSVbWVUAgfWAx2u1cmBfiNR85kEhCMzC has the reward for the first 186 blocks (4,650,000 Pinkcoins).  According to @CryptoCayce, this address belongs to the original developer "bigman" on Bitcoin Talk Forums (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=324234).  He mentions the coins for this address have been dumped onto the Bittrex exchange weeks ago and that "bigman" is mutually agreed upon as no longer a member of the project.

Pinkcoin does not appear to have any hidden, obfuscated or malicious code.  No core functions or RPC commands were modified that I could find.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I often invest in coins from time to time and have recently tweeted the coins I own on my Twitter account @jyap. I liked that Pinkcoin did not have a premine and the transparency of the group when questions were brought up.  I personally bought 1,000,000 Pinkcoins at market rate directly from @CryptoCayce since I liked the group's outreach plans and projects mentioned in their annoucement.

INFO: My Twitter account is @jyap. I am an IT professional with over 12 years experience. My released contributions to cryptocurrency involve block explorers, Mac OS X wallets and a mailing list Cryptocurrency Weekly.

thank you very much for your open, honest, and transparent audit and analysis of Pinkcoin.
We are working diligently to address the recommendations you have made with regards to updating the wallet code to add some block hash and stake modifier checkpoints.

INVESTORS:
we hope this act of full transparency will boost your confidence that you are not investing in a scam coin. we have nothing to hide, we are the Real Deal Holyfield (sorry if this metaphor is lost on my non american friends, this is a reference to Evander Holyfield the heavyweight champion boxer)

sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:10:30 PM

You said above

At first my heart sank then I looked again.... Only 4.5 million

That's complete fresh air and nothing to be concerned about!

Phew..... guess after all the shitcoins - Purecoin being the latest - I was expecting the worst.

Smiley to da moon!

Ya... I guess you could write it off as dev fee or something Cheesy I believe it was dumped at like 7-10 sats for a whopping 0.36 BTC   Tongue I can live with that... bigman's gotta eat too! nom nom nom...

sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:12:49 PM

So I guess this means Pink is certified grade A whale food now Smiley nom nom nom nom nom before it hits polo  Grin

+1

fayoling

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:23:41 PM

I was invited to perform a code audit of the Pinkcoin source code (code repository http://github.com/bigman7788/pinkcoin) by Twitter user @CryptoCayce.  I have not received any compensation of any kind for this audit.

Initially I wasn't impressed as the code uploaded to the Github repository was just one big commit which did not show any code history.  From prior coin history I could see that Pinkcoin looked like it was a clone of Novacoin (code repository https://github.com/novacoin-project/novacoin).  The main difference is Novacoin uses Scrypt is its proof of work algorithm whereas Pinkcoin uses X11.

SNIP

FULL DISCLOSURE: I often invest in coins from time to time and have recently tweeted the coins I own on my Twitter account @jyap. I liked that Pinkcoin did not have a premine and the transparency of the group when questions were brought up.  I personally bought 1,000,000 Pinkcoins at market rate directly from @CryptoCayce since I liked the group's outreach plans and projects mentioned in their annoucement.

INFO: My Twitter account is @jyap. I am an IT professional with over 12 years experience. My released contributions to cryptocurrency involve block explorers, Mac OS X wallets and a mailing list Cryptocurrency Weekly.

thank you very much for your open, honest, and transparent audit and analysis of Pinkcoin.
We are working diligently to address the recommendations you have made with regards to updating the wallet code to add some block hash and stake modifier checkpoints.

INVESTORS:
we hope this act of full transparency will boost your confidence that you are not investing in a scam coin. we have nothing to hide, we are the Real Deal Holyfield (sorry if this metaphor is lost on my non american friends, this is a reference to Evander Holyfield the heavyweight champion boxer)

LOL

I know who he is LOL LOL

Not sure who @jyap is, chances are you know who Bryce Weiner is, check this out.

sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:27:38 PM

On a bad day we look like this Smiley

fayoling

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:31:56 PM

On a bad day we look like this Smiley

I have to say again

+1

Really Fu**ing Impressed Guys

Ever considered Running For President?

DoctorG, you really need to get your pinkcoin address in that signature of yours!

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:57:02 PM

nice things going on here  Smiley
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:57:55 PM

Why are we not hitting 100 Sats Allready?

BlueCoin can manage it on the back of an Android Wallet

Get an Android Wallet on this and its dynamite!

Android you say? 100 you say? Well... I guess we better get one then eh? Tongue Its next on the list of bombshells!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: