Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206971 times)
milan74

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:01:55 AM

In the title it says anonymous, yet the developer say nothing about anonymous in OP and in his posts, what is going on?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto-dude

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:03:00 AM

Probably it is just not real news, anno is not that easy to implement

Just another pump and dump

Yes just hype without anything real only buzz word. Even no source code, are you kidding? All coins have public source code. I'd not bother with this coin.
milan74

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:10:22 AM

Yes just hype without anything real only buzz word. Even no source code, are you kidding? All coins have public source code. I'd not bother with this coin.

+1, unless the developer make an announcement about what is going on, not going to buy in
too much hype in the crypt world
heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:24:03 AM

+1, unless the developer make an announcement about what is going on, not going to buy in

Shitcoin alert. Cinni and libertycoin all over again. Cut-n-paste coin with dev promising anon and nobody realising the extra skills required an insanely complex. Good luck getting dumped on
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:31:52 AM

Shitcoin alert. Cinni and libertycoin all over again. Cut-n-paste coin with dev promising anon and nobody realising the extra skills required an insanely complex. Good luck getting dumped on

Anon will be released, this is not hype.
If you have not yet seen the infographic, here it is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624017.msg7032015#msg7032015

As for the source code of anon, it is as stated not going to be within the wallet, yet.

Our goal is to create an anonymous tool that can be used wether you have actually downloaded a wallet or not. You can send anon transactions between exchanges, you can use it whenever you want. The current devs are fairly new to crypto, and in excitement, we all overlooked the initial prototype. This was a mistake on our behalf. And we apologize for that. However, I am sure you will all be more than pleased with the next release.

To make sure everyone understands this as well, it WILL NOT be ending here. This is just the start. As one of the devs, I can tell you this. We code every night, typically 7 days a week. So here is what we ask of the community. Stay positive, and always expect the next big thing.

What is the next big thing?
That is up to you as the community to decide. We know everyone wants anon, we will give it to you. It may not be exactly what you want right away, but we will give you something. You have to plant the seeds, we will help them grow.

EDIT:So please, start telling us what you want next. If you decide this anon could use more, tell us when we release it. Otherwise, it is up to you to help make sure we have our next project to jump right into.

fxlover95

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:41:09 AM

This coin seems very good but why the price of coin is very low.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:41:48 AM

If you have not yet seen the infographic, here it is: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624017.msg7032015#msg7032015

As for the source code of anon, it is as stated not going to be within the wallet, yet.

Our goal is to create an anonymous tool that can be used wether you have actually downloaded a wallet or not. You can send anon transactions between exchanges, you can use it whenever you want. The current devs are fairly ne to crypto, and in excitement, we all overlooked the initial prototype. This was a mistake on our behalf. And we apologize for that. However, I am sure you will all be more than pleased with the next release.

To make sure everyone understands this as well, it WILL NOT be ending here. This is just the start. As one of the devs, I can tell you this. We code every night, typically 7 days a week. So here is what we ask of the community. Stay positive, and always expect the next big thing.

That is up to you as the community to decide. We know everyone wants anon, we will give it to you. It may not be exactl what you want right away, but we will give you something. You have to plant the seeds, we will help them grow.

You should put the infographic in the OP!
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:43:25 AM

I think it's because of the name. People probably think its just another run-of-the-mill color copy coin..
fayoling

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:44:48 AM

Our goal is to create an anonymous tool that can be used wether you have actually downloaded a wallet or not. You can send anon transactions between exchanges, you can use it whenever you want. The current devs are fairly ne to crypto, and in excitement, we all overlooked the initial prototype. This was a mistake on our behalf. And we apologize for that. However, I am sure you will all be more than pleased with the next release.

That is up to you as the community to decide. We know everyone wants anon, we will give it to you. It may not be exactl what you want right away, but we will give you something. You have to plant the seeds, we will help them grow.

You should put the infographic in the OP!

+1 I will see about getting this done.

fayoling

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:47:04 AM

I think it's because of the name. People probably think its just another run-of-the-mill color copy coin..

It was created by the original dev to do exactly that. Ride the colorcoin wave. A few community members saw its potential, and ran with it. It was only recently taken over and brought back to life. We are quickly breaking away from this perception of run-of-the-mill color coin.

milan74

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:55:18 AM

It was created by the original dev to do exactly that. Ride the colorcoin wave. A few community members saw its potential, and ran with it. It was only recently taken over and brought back to life. We are quickly breaking away from this perception of run-of-the-mill color coin.
Thx for the explanation.
The picture is beautiful, yet until you guys get something to show, i will not going to trust.
A lot of coins are claiming anno these days, only the XC have proved valid, others are just smoke.
My guess is this is the new trend after POS color coins
CryptoCayce

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:59:59 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way but we are as transparent and honest a coin as you are going to find. We went out of our way to invite and encourage Crypto security expert Julian Yap @Jyap to give Pinkcoin a brutally honest and thorough audit and analysis that we have shared with you the Pinkcoin community in this thread. if you were too eager to get to the new posts you may have missed it, so I will quote it below for you.

I was invited to perform a code audit of the Pinkcoin source code (code repository http://github.com/bigman7788/pinkcoin) by Twitter user @CryptoCayce.  I have not received any compensation of any kind for this audit.

Initially I wasn't impressed as the code uploaded to the Github repository was just one big commit which did not show any code history.  From prior coin history I could see that Pinkcoin looked like it was a clone of Novacoin (code repository https://github.com/novacoin-project/novacoin).  The main difference is Novacoin uses Scrypt is its proof of work algorithm whereas Pinkcoin uses X11.

I downloaded both coin repositories and copied the Pinkcoin source code over the Novacoin source code.

The Pinkcoin source code has some newer features such as adding the 'getstakinginfo' and additional GUI controls for staking and unlocking your wallet.

In future, the security of the Pinkcoin code and daemon would benefit with an update of their code which adds some block hash checkpoints as well as stake modifier checkpoints.  None of these currently exist.

I can confirm from inspecting the block chain and code Pinkcoin does not have a premine (hidden or otherwise).

Pinkcoin does have some amount of instamine where the address PTVSVbWVUAgfWAx2u1cmBfiNR85kEhCMzC has the reward for the first 186 blocks (4,650,000 Pinkcoins).  According to @CryptoCayce, this address belongs to the original developer "bigman" on Bitcoin Talk Forums (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=324234).  He mentions the coins for this address have been dumped onto the Bittrex exchange weeks ago and that "bigman" is mutually agreed upon as no longer a member of the project.

I was satisfied that the Proof of Stake, Block time, Block reward and other parameters matches their announcement details.

Pinkcoin does not appear to have any hidden, obfuscated or malicious code.  No core functions or RPC commands were modified that I could find.

I was able to compile the Pinkcoin daemon and download the blockchain on a Linux virtual machine running Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS.

This statement does NOT constitute a public endorsement of Pinkcoin nor does it guarantee that Pinkcoin does not or will not have any issues.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I often invest in coins from time to time and have recently tweeted the coins I own on my Twitter account @jyap. I liked that Pinkcoin did not have a premine and the transparency of the group when questions were brought up.  I personally bought 1,000,000 Pinkcoins at market rate directly from @CryptoCayce since I liked the group's outreach plans and projects mentioned in their annoucement.

INFO: My Twitter account is @jyap. I am an IT professional with over 12 years experience. My released contributions to cryptocurrency involve block explorers, Mac OS X wallets and a mailing list Cryptocurrency Weekly.

CryptoCayce

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:00:49 AM

Sony and the DEV Team Modify Pink Coin to allow it to fly

I guess the Android / Anon Wallet will be the wings !

This needs more love. lol great find.

fayoling

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:02:42 AM

Thx for the explanation.
The picture is beautiful, yet until you guys get something to show, i will not going to trust.
A lot of coins are claiming anno these days, only the XC have proved valid, others are just smoke.

I understand your concerns 100%, if you would like to get some pinkcoin, and get your feet wet, follow https://twitter.com/CryptoCayce/, in fact he is giving away Pinkcoin again right now. https://twitter.com/CryptoCayce/status/472584216362774528

We will keep pushing until we build the fan that clears the smoke.

sumgye

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:32:09 AM

Thx for the explanation.

I completely respect that. 100%. In fact, this is exactly the sort of skepticism and criticism I want in our community. We don't want pumps on smoke. It happened though, and it sucks. We'll have something to show for anon soon, but don't take our word for it, just wait. If you'd like to be involved in our initial round of testing send me a pm and I'll give you some coins that you can help us test with when we reach that stage, and when we're done testing you can just keep the coins.
fayoling

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:34:01 AM

Thx for the explanation.

I completely respect that. 100%. In fact, this is exactly the sort of skepticism and criticism I want in our community. We don't want pumps on smoke. It happened though, and it sucks. We'll have something to show for anon soon, but don't take our word for it, just wait. If you'd like to be involved in our initial round of testing send me a pm and I'll give you some coins that you can help us test with when we reach that stage, and when we're done testing you can just keep the coins.

+1 What a freaking team.

CryptoCayce just did another giveawat on Twitter. Congratulations to all the winners and participants. Hope I got all the images.

hereforthehigh

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 05:58:52 AM

Thx for the explanation.

+1 What a freaking team.

CryptoCayce just did another giveawat on Twitter. Congratulations to all the winners and participants. Hope I got all the images.

https://i.imgur.com/SNYQWXe.png

some really awesome images here!!
sumgye

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:05:04 AM

Don't forget guys, we do have a multipool as well - and as underwhelming as that might sound right now, if you sign up through this link:

http://coinking.io/register.php?r=8848

A huge chunk of the fees coinking takes out of you anyway goes directly to mintpal votes for pinkcoin.
nrvkush

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:05:16 AM

Start voting
https://www.mintpal.com/voting#PC
fayoling

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:15:14 AM

Don't forget guys, we do have a multipool as well - and as underwhelming as that might sound right now, if you sign up through this link:

http://coinking.io/register.php?r=8848

A huge chunk of the fees coinking takes out of you anyway goes directly to mintpal votes for pinkcoin.

Get Free Bitcoins for voting every hour.
If you use http://freebitco.in/ it comes with a fancy 1 hour countdown in the browser tab.
So every hour on the hour, you can fill a captcha and get free bitcoin. Up to $200.
Right after that you pop on over to https://www.mintpal.com/voting and click for pink Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: