Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:01:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206971 times)
sonysasankan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:53:45 PM

I dont want PINK to have what other coins have, I want PINK to be unique from other coins. I wrote in twitter a couple of weeks ago about TOR implementation, recently another coin announced to implement it.

And to give attention to PINK I think The PINK Coin should offer the cryptoworld what they want, TOR anon can be an option if someone wants to implement it.

This will bring a lot of new crypto users to the world of PINK.

As Sumgye mentioned earlier, TOR is slow, cumbersome and an overall pain in the ass. I don't understand how you are coming to the conclusion that its going to bring a "lot of new crypto users to the world of PINK." Could you elaborate a bit there? Anon is nothing but a seasonal fad. When was the last time you had a genuine reason to send pink to someone using the anon? It works... its an added feature. nothing more, nothing less.

Anon taking Pink "to the moon" is like saying iphones are getting sold everywhere because of its "fast processor". The truth is people don't really care unless its lacking in their life. If the iphone had a processor that is not meeting the minimum requirements that real time video encoding (thus experiencing lag), then the "demand" for a faster processor is a genuine demand. Else its a bulletpoint for the next presentation pitch, that's all. Anon for Pink is no different. Wasting time and resources on this because "cryptoworld is asking for it" is not the direction we're looking at.

So if we could stop this lets do this with anon, that anon, here anon, there anon, anon anon anon discussion, it would be nice. We're moving on to other features and the final major updates for the anon will be PEE 2.0 that would be a quiet wallet integration.

@Barabbas, as for wasting time asking for reviews from random groups online, it took me about 40 disposable seconds to write that comment. I dont get who's time you are talking about as I don't see any opportunity costs being wasted either. As for the independent review, we've asked jyap to take a look at it. It should be coming soon.... the longer he plays with it, the more accurate review we will get I believe. So I'm not going to bother asking for an ETA on that Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:59:22 PM

Thanks for clearing up the Tor thing. Sounds like the reward is certainly not worth the risk.

So whats on the horizon? I see you guys are hard at work.

- The team is now working on a new primary collaborated project, it sounds like a big feature. I like the mystery around the development, its a nice twist compared to the other coins. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

- The independent review by those anonymous anon coin reviewers/cryptography experts. Looking forward to seeing what they have to say about entanglement engine as well.

- The independent review by jyap.  !!just noticed this!!
CountofMonteCrypto

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:01:19 PM

Again, I am going to disagree on that. Pink should not pursue what other coins do. Not at all. Certainly not what Darkcoin or Cloakcoin pursue. And yes, people is ONLY interested, for the most part, in whatever fad brings momentum to the market to cash in on profits... which is quite legitimate and desirable ONLY if it is not at the expense of too many resources or the general direction (strategy) of the coin which is aimed, if I am correct, precisely at the non-niche general market... or just the opposite of the niches that Dark, Cloak and most of the other P&D coins are aimed at.

The "community" ask for all kinds of things, because the foremost interest of the "community" in the short term, is the price of the coin. That's why the leadership and the development team should keep their ideas quite clear and cater to the desires of that (part of the) community ONLY when it is in the interest of the overall strategy.
[/quote]

I don't want to start an argument with you but just wanted to point out the strengths sumgye highlighted of having a community engaged in the direction of the coin. It was the reason the team did all this work on anon in the first place as they are attentive to the community and work diligently to make this coin better. I think you should do more research about this community before labelling the community in for a quick buck. I have read all the posts and most of the community have been here for the long haul and we have picked up valuable members along the way like yourself. Your post disagrees with itself you are saying listen to me I am a community member and would like to voice my opinion on direction of coin. Great that's what we do here. But the part I don't like is how you then ask developers to disregard the "community" as steering the coin in the wrong direction. You just weakened your argument by saying your comments should be disregarded. The developers have continually encouraged the community to voice their opinion and even addressed the less popular ideas so I don't think they share your view of disregarding the community.
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:04:34 PM

I dont want PINK to have what other coins have, I want PINK to be unique from other coins. I wrote in twitter a couple of weeks ago about TOR implementation, recently another coin announced to implement it.

And to give attention to PINK I think The PINK Coin should offer the cryptoworld what they want, TOR anon can be an option if someone wants to implement it.

As Sumgye mentioned earlier, TOR is slow, cumbersome and an overall pain in the ass. I don't understand how you are coming to the conclusion that its going to bring a "lot of new crypto users to the world of PINK." Could you elaborate a bit there? Anon is nothing but a seasonal fad. When was the last time you had a genuine reason to send pink to someone using the anon? It works... its an added feature. nothing more, nothing less.

Anon taking Pink "to the moon" is like saying iphones are getting sold everywhere because of its "fast processor". The truth is people don't really care unless its lacking in their life. If the iphone had a processor that is not meeting the minimum requirements that real time video encoding (thus experiencing lag), then the "demand" for a faster processor is a genuine demand. Else its a bulletpoint for the next presentation pitch, that's all. Anon for Pink is no different. Wasting time and resources on this because "cryptoworld is asking for it" is not the direction we're looking at.

So if we could stop this lets do this with anon, that anon, here anon, there anon, anon anon anon discussion, it would be nice. We're moving on to other features and the final major updates for the anon will be PEE 2.0 that would be a quiet wallet integration.

@Barabbas, as for wasting time asking for reviews from random groups online, it took me about 40 disposable seconds to write that comment. I dont get who's time you are talking about as I don't see any opportunity costs being wasted either. As for the independent review, we've asked jyap to take a look at it. It should be coming soon.... the longer he plays with it, the more accurate review we will get I believe. So I'm not going to bother asking for an ETA on that Smiley

TOR implementation= more anonymous, cryptoworld asks for it that is why I had it as a suggestion.

Anyway, PinkEE anon in wallet implementation would be good though.

regards
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:15:08 PM

We're moving on to other features and the final major updates for the anon will be PEE 2.0 that would be a quiet wallet integration.

So PinkEE 2.0 will be wallet based, this is good news. I didn't know you guys planed to take the anon past the website, which is fine just on its own. But built into the wallet?!! Kewl!  Cool

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:23:54 PM

Again, I am going to disagree on that. Pink should not pursue what other coins do. Not at all. Certainly not what Darkcoin or Cloakcoin pursue. And yes, people is ONLY interested, for the most part, in whatever fad brings momentum to the market to cash in on profits... which is quite legitimate and desirable ONLY if it is not at the expense of too many resources or the general direction (strategy) of the coin which is aimed, if I am correct, precisely at the non-niche general market... or just the opposite of the niches that Dark, Cloak and most of the other P&D coins are aimed at.

The "community" ask for all kinds of things, because the foremost interest of the "community" in the short term, is the price of the coin. That's why the leadership and the development team should keep their ideas quite clear and cater to the desires of that (part of the) community ONLY when it is in the interest of the overall strategy.

I don't want to start an argument with you but just wanted to point out the strengths sumgye highlighted of having a community engaged in the direction of the coin. It was the reason the team did all this work on anon in the first place as they are attentive to the community and work diligently to make this coin better. I think you should do more research about this community before labelling the community in for a quick buck. I have read all the posts and most of the community have been here for the long haul and we have picked up valuable members along the way like yourself. Your post disagrees with itself you are saying listen to me I am a community member and would like to voice my opinion on direction of coin. Great that's what we do here. But the part I don't like is how you then ask developers to disregard the "community" as steering the coin in the wrong direction. You just weakened your argument by saying your comments should be disregarded. The developers have continually encouraged the community to voice their opinion and even addressed the less popular ideas so I don't think they share your view of disregarding the community.
[/quote]

Obviously, you did not get the point and why the word "community" is in two instances in quotes and one without them. I thought I made the distinction quite clear, obviously I didn't: The "community" - the part that is interested mostly in the quick rise in the price to unload for a profit-, obviously is going to be quite vocal about demanding whatever it is the current perceived or real fad while the community -those who want Pink to succeed and reach mainstream adoption- would rather have the talent, manpower and resources dedicated towards pursuing the general strategy of the coin. BOTH are legitimate but it is the job of the leadership to cater to the strategy instead of "wasting" time and resources in pursuing short term gains that would produce inevitable immediate dumps by those only or mostly interested in trading.

Like I said, both groups and their "demands" are legitimate but since the resources are limited and will always be, the focus should be in the overall strategy even at the expense of some impatients quitting along the way.

You should know that I have already labelled this community as one of the best in crypto. And there's nothing wrong in being in it for a quick buck. There would be quite a bit wrong with dedicating too many resources to cater to that part of the community and my contention is that PinkEE is probably a result of precisely that.

Thank you for considering me a "valuable member" but I am not a member just yet. Just a very interested observer with a few opinions.
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:40:14 PM

We're moving on to other features and the final major updates for the anon will be PEE 2.0 that would be a quiet wallet integration.

So PinkEE 2.0 will be wallet based, this is good news. I didn't know you guys planed to take the anon past the website, which is fine just on its own. But built into the wallet?!! Kewl!  Cool

Great news anon Will be implemented in wallet .
You are doing a great job guys!! Smiley
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:14:53 AM

none of the ppl that REALLY need anon are going to pop up and defend why they need it ,it defeats the purpose
boxxa

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:05:15 AM

I agree that most users are not concerned with Anon and fully agree with TOR. It is slow.

The wallet implementation is a bonus but I feel it would be similar to emails clients that have the "send encrypted" emails that some users love and others don't really care for. A send anonymously and send normal method would be ideal.

sumgye

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:32:56 AM

I agree that most users are not concerned with Anon and fully agree with TOR. It is slow.

The wallet implementation is a bonus but I feel it would be similar to emails clients that have the "send encrypted" emails that some users love and others don't really care for. A send anonymously and send normal method would be ideal.

Oh yeah, it's just an option that'll be available to people that want it. Interface wise it's just going to be a tickbox next to where you put in how much you're sending. Nothing fancy.
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 01:40:21 AM

none of the ppl that REALLY need anon are going to pop up and defend why they need it ,it defeats the purpose

Sure... and those who "really need the anon" can simply use the anon. What seems to be the issue? Seems to me those beating the dead horse is simply trying to get the next bump on the prices than actually caring for sending pink anonymously Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
boxxa

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:55:14 AM

Oh yeah, it's just an option that'll be available to people that want it. Interface wise it's just going to be a tickbox next to where you put in how much you're sending. Nothing fancy.

That is perfect I think. Kind of like an "advanced" user feature.
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:14:36 AM

Like Anon  Smiley

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:58:21 AM

That will be perfect. When I'm bribing my local congressman with PINK, I'll be able to just tick a box and the transaction never happened!

bluewhackadoo

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:58:29 AM

500+ MintPal votes over the first 4 days in the PINK giveaway thread! Free PINK!

Reach spot #41 Sunday all voters receive 100 PINK bonus http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php/topic,1727.0.html

1 Vote = 50 PINK ☆ No Tor Anon ☆ Fun ☆ Entanglement ☆  Daily & Final Bonuses
boxxa

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:59:39 AM

That will be perfect. When I'm bribing my local congressman with PINK, I'll be able to just tick a box and the transaction never happened!

If you live in the US, you don't need anon transactions. That is what super PACs are for.
shan0427

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:26:34 AM

Great, this is a good step towards even better community.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTuMJ9pwDcR4k2Mp1wwGbs9XxveeiE1LbF
Bitnet. VwRSGSjN3q9DbcZwqEXBLg9wUifqxGnsgf
bluewhackadoo

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:09:55 PM

This PC tech whitepaper is the best I have seen in cryptoworld. I am surprised the price did not jump +200% for such a good work. As far as I heard from people hanging out in Polo, these are the only sticky points that people are thinking about before investing in PC:

1. "Too many coins in supply. 380M is a lot in cryptoworld nowadays" - Supply reduction can be a great boost to this coin if possible.
2. "No more color coins for me" - Once all core work has been done, rebranding of this coin can take it to places.

What's in fashion in the cryptoworld changes from day to day and week to week, imho no reason to alter Pinkcoin's makeup if it's only to chase the current hot trend.

You build a solid base, exactly like what is being done with PINK, soon ppl will find it and invest in it's future success.

Agreed.

Thanks bitcoin_newbie for bringing this to the sunlight.

1. - Nr. of coins is irrelevant data, only marketcap matters
2. - Humpfh? Pink is not a color it is a religion

From my point of view, people (traders) very often don't base their (investment) decisions on a relevant causes and going through a lot of struggle in order to cater their irrelevant needs is not an easy decision to make for the team behind the coin when there is a lot of other work to do. Both points that you observed on Polo are (un)fortunately not anything that people should really care about.

I know it is all about perception and attraction and therefore marketing and when no-matter-how-stupid aspect seriously bothers people you should address that.

But because these 2 points are irrelevant from technical perspective, these are better to be addressed by marketing techniques (simply communication) than by hard forking the coin to reduce.

And Pink is too awesome to be rebranded.

BTW, just an idea and not even that innovative - how about leaving the 'coin' part from the name? Seems to be unnecessary and Pink alone has the right sound. Moreover, the fact that Pink ends with k and coin starts with c doesn't make these two words really the best couple for connection - in spoken language resulting in something like pincoin.

Just saying.

Stay Pink!

While not being a fan of radical changes to the basic structure of PINK as it exists now I do like the idea of dropping the "coin" from the name, divest the coin of the last vestiges of its erstwhile beginnings marching forward proud and PINK. 

The "coin" is PINK's vestigial tail, let's vote on it.
MisO69
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:25:53 PM

This PC tech whitepaper is the best I have seen in cryptoworld. I am surprised the price did not jump +200% for such a good work. As far as I heard from people hanging out in Polo, these are the only sticky points that people are thinking about before investing in PC:

1. "Too many coins in supply. 380M is a lot in cryptoworld nowadays" - Supply reduction can be a great boost to this coin if possible.
2. "No more color coins for me" - Once all core work has been done, rebranding of this coin can take it to places.

What's in fashion in the cryptoworld changes from day to day and week to week, imho no reason to alter Pinkcoin's makeup if it's only to chase the current hot trend.

You build a solid base, exactly like what is being done with PINK, soon ppl will find it and invest in it's future success.

Agreed.

Thanks bitcoin_newbie for bringing this to the sunlight.

1. - Nr. of coins is irrelevant data, only marketcap matters
2. - Humpfh? Pink is not a color it is a religion

From my point of view, people (traders) very often don't base their (investment) decisions on a relevant causes and going through a lot of struggle in order to cater their irrelevant needs is not an easy decision to make for the team behind the coin when there is a lot of other work to do. Both points that you observed on Polo are (un)fortunately not anything that people should really care about.

I know it is all about perception and attraction and therefore marketing and when no-matter-how-stupid aspect seriously bothers people you should address that.

But because these 2 points are irrelevant from technical perspective, these are better to be addressed by marketing techniques (simply communication) than by hard forking the coin to reduce.

And Pink is too awesome to be rebranded.

BTW, just an idea and not even that innovative - how about leaving the 'coin' part from the name? Seems to be unnecessary and Pink alone has the right sound. Moreover, the fact that Pink ends with k and coin starts with c doesn't make these two words really the best couple for connection - in spoken language resulting in something like pincoin.

Just saying.

Stay Pink!

While not being a fan of radical changes to the basic structure of PINK as it exists now I do like the idea of dropping the "coin" from the name, divest the coin of the last vestiges of its erstwhile beginnings marching forward proud and PINK. 

The "coin" is PINK's vestigial tail, let's vote on it.

Agreed, lets have a vote to change the name to just PINK from Pinkcoin. Devs, what do you guys think?

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:57:04 PM

That is a terrible idea.

"I want to be able to purchase something with 'Pink'"
"Pink what?"
"Umm, Pink currency"
"Which Pink currency?"
"Pink"

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: