Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:35:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206971 times)
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:08:42 AM

Since you guys are fixing up your wallet you may want to take a look at the features the Cinni dev added. Looks like he has some sort of application framework built into his wallet and some apps already. Pretty slick if you ask me. I think its worth having a look at.

https://github.com/Cinnicoin/Cinnicoin

I don't know if the custom changes are open source or not.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:12:36 AM

It seems to me that the main problem for PINK is that most/all of the coins have been mined, so the ability to create a large pool of miners/promoters is null and void. People dont like to promote that they can't mine.

Meanwhile, PINK is the most girlish color and 99% of crypto buyers are male. Pretty horrible branding concept.
A complete renaming of the coin is another thing that should be strongly considered.

If the ANON is truly awesome, then this should be marketed to everyone as you develop new features.

Since this coin basically has 350 million pre-mined coins, there should be a ton a bounties and giveaways being promoted by large coin holders. This is exactly how POS coins are building large followings.

PINK isn't going to grow unless these issues are tackled in a big way.

For disclosure, I recently bought 2 BTC of PINK. Id like to see this coin succeed. But, from a marketing perspective it seems like this coin has its head up its butt.

Feel free to tell me all the ways I am wrong.
bitcoin_newbie

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:17:12 AM

It seems to me that the main problem for PINK is that most/all of the coins have been mined, so the ability to create a large pool of miners/promoters is null and void. People dont like to promote that they can't mine.

Meanwhile, PINK is the most girlish color and 99% of crypto buyers are male. Pretty horrible branding concept.
A complete renaming of the coin is another thing that should be strongly considered.

If the ANON is truly awesome, then this should be marketed to everyone as you develop new features.

Since this coin basically has 350 million pre-mined coins, there should be a ton a bounties and giveaways being promoted by large coin holders. This is exactly how POS coins are building large followings.

For disclosure, I recently bought 2 BTC of PINK. Id like to see this coin succeed. But, from a marketing perspective it seems like this coin has its head up its butt.

+1. Totally agree. I have been talking about rebranding too for a while because a color coin (especially Pink) is always a put-away for crypto buyers.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:38:59 AM

This coin wasn't pre-mined, it was PoW mined out in 7 days. Then PoS kicked in. This is the original ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=591666.0

I don't think the name really mattes. They were saying that about Dark for ages. Everyone was afraid that it being a dark currency no one would buy it since its associated with illegal activities. Additionally, I like the name PINK. So there.

sonysasankan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 12:06:04 PM

Since you guys are fixing up your wallet you may want to take a look at the features the Cinni dev added. Looks like he has some sort of application framework built into his wallet and some apps already. Pretty slick if you ask me. I think its worth having a look at.

https://github.com/Cinnicoin/Cinnicoin

I don't know if the custom changes are open source or not.

Interesting... we'll definitely take a look and see if there's anything useful in there. Thanks for the suggestion Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
boxxa

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:36:27 PM

My god this thread is everything that is wrong with crypto. You see a early post of the devs releasing stuff without hype and showing they are capable yet you continually see posts like:

"HOW CAN I GET RICH OFF THIS COIN?!"
"I JUST BOUGHT THIS COIN, WHY AM I NOT RICH?"!"
"WHY IS THIS COIN NOT WORTH 1 BTC YET!?"
"MAKE THIS COIN LIKE OTHER COINS!!!"
"GUYS CLONE _____ AND ADD IT TO THIS COIN!"
"ITS BEEN 2 DAYS, WHERE IS THE NEXT FEATURE AND ANNOUNCEMENT?!"

The crypto world is a dark scene now. The newbie traders buying on hype and getting mad when they realize their clone coin with nothing innovative fails decide to spew news and other false rumors in other threads because they can't accept the fact they suck at trading and were scammed. Also, suddenly every trader is now a dev. They think they know how coins work, how software is built, and the inner workings of crypto when the fact is, you don't. Stop trying to be a dev. Stop pretending that competent devs are a dime a dozen. There is very few coins out there with any devs who have built a reputation and also have actually done something else than clone a coin. Anyone with basic CS knowledge can compile a github repo but when you see a stuck block chain or random forks, you see the true devs come out and who actually can fix problems.

Yes, there is some devs that implement features and they should be shared across coins as that is the benefit of open source. The mass contribution to make software but lately, any thread it seems to be people flooding this thread seem to all have the same MO.

*No one cares about a solid dev team and what they are actually capable of. Pink release features. No hype.  No bullshit. Just came out and said, "yea we have this working now". Other coins hype features with no reputation and somehow people buy in blindly.

*No one cares of price stability. People want to see 1000% gains which in the grand scheme of a crypto is horrible for real world adoption. Your bottle of water one day can be 10 Shitcoins and then the next day can be 10000 Shitcoins.

*No one cares of user experience. People want to clone coins and features without any real sense of what is actually used. Anon was a huge hyped feature yet real world people sending donations and buying things just do not use it. Just as I said about en/decrypted email. People say they want it but adoption is a moot point.

*No one cares about anything other than ultra hype that surges a coin 1000% with no real benefit to the crypto world. Someone posts some ideas, says it will come in the next release and people eat that shit up.

This herd mentality is destroying values of coins that really provide something to this world. If Pink fails, then I really lose faith in altchains as a whole.

/rant
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:59:56 PM

My god this thread is everything that is wrong with crypto. You see a early post of the devs releasing stuff without hype and showing they are capable yet you continually see posts like:

The crypto world is a dark scene now. The newbie traders buying on hype and getting mad when they realize their clone coin with nothing innovative fails decide to spew news and other false rumors in other threads because they can't accept the fact they suck at trading and were scammed. Also, suddenly every trader is now a dev. They think they know how coins work, how software is built, and the inner workings of crypto when the fact is, you don't. Stop trying to be a dev. Stop pretending that competent devs are a dime a dozen. There is very few coins out there with any devs who have built a reputation and also have actually done something else than clone a coin. Anyone with basic CS knowledge can compile a github repo but when you see a stuck block chain or random forks, you see the true devs come out and who actually can fix problems.

Yes, there is some devs that implement features and they should be shared across coins as that is the benefit of open source. The mass contribution to make software but lately, any thread it seems to be people flooding this thread seem to all have the same MO.

*No one cares about a solid dev team and what they are actually capable of. Pink release features. No hype.  No bullshit. Just came out and said, "yea we have this working now". Other coins hype features with no reputation and somehow people buy in blindly.

*No one cares of price stability. People want to see 1000% gains which in the grand scheme of a crypto is horrible for real world adoption. Your bottle of water one day can be 10 Shitcoins and then the next day can be 10000 Shitcoins.

*No one cares of user experience. People want to clone coins and features without any real sense of what is actually used. Anon was a huge hyped feature yet real world people sending donations and buying things just do not use it. Just as I said about en/decrypted email. People say they want it but adoption is a moot point.

*No one cares about anything other than ultra hype that surges a coin 1000% with no real benefit to the crypto world. Someone posts some ideas, says it will come in the next release and people eat that shit up.

This herd mentality is destroying values of coins that really provide something to this world. If Pink fails, then I really lose faith in altchains as a whole.

+1 to this.

PINK is different, it will remain different, and we will prove that real world adoption is not about hype. Instead it is about having solid features and tools that make it easy for anyone and everyone to use.

We have anon (http://anon.pink) and no one uses it, so why would we spend more time and dedicate hours to implementing and adding to the anon feature. It works, and it works well. All the anon feature has done for me is, prove that people just want the bandwagon hype, no one actually uses anon, in fact 90% of people don't even understand what it is.

We are going to continue to focus on building smiles through donations to charities and adding features that will improve our real world adoption.

As for Rebranding, this is PINK, and will likely forever remain PINK. As many people have stated, 90% of the crypto world is males, and they don't care for the color. That's perfect, it means we are "different" and whether or not crypto people want to admit it, what this industry needs right now is something different. Having a coin that appeals to women, and can benefit women on its own is a huge benefit.

It has been less than 48 hours since we chose to change our stance on announcements about "hype" and already this thread is turning into every other coin thread.

Live with no regret, and continue to push forward, we will continue to focus on PINK bombs, not copythecointhatiscurrentlypumping bombs. I will admit, all the latest posts had me tempted to drop some screenshots about the current real world adoption systems being implemented. And though it would appease many, it would also invite the whales to take most of your money.

Want the effects of hype on the market? Start trading some coins, hold 80% and swing trade 20%. Volume attracts the crypto world better than hype.

As you breathe right now, another person takes his last. So stop complaining, and learn to live your life with what you got.

bluewhackadoo

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:10:35 PM

PINK is different, it will remain different, and we will prove that real world adoption is not about hype. Instead it is about having solid features and tools that make it easy for anyone and everyone to use.

We have anon (http://anon.pink) and no one uses it, so why would we spend more time and dedicate hours to implementing and adding to the anon feature. It works, and it works well. All the anon feature has done for me is, prove that people just want the bandwagon hype, no one actually uses anon, in fact 90% of people don't even understand what it is.

We are going to continue to focus on building smiles through donations to charities and adding features that will improve our real world adoption.

As for Rebranding, this is PINK, and will likely forever remain PINK. As many people have stated, 90% of the crypto world is males, and they don't care for the color. That's perfect, it means we are "different" and whether or not crypto people want to admit it, what this industry needs right now is something different. Having a coin that appeals to women, and can benefit women on its own is a huge benefit.

It has been less than 48 hours since we chose to change our stance on announcements about "hype" and already this thread is turning into every other coin thread.

Live with no regret, and continue to push forward, we will continue to focus on PINK bombs, not copythecointhatiscurrentlypumping bombs. I will admit, all the latest posts had me tempted to drop some screenshots about the current real world adoption systems being implemented. And though it would appease many, it would also invite the whales to take most of your money.

Want the effects of hype on the market? Start trading some coins, hold 80% and swing trade 20%. Volume attracts the crypto world better than hype.

As you breathe right now, another person takes his last. So stop complaining, and learn to live your life with what you got.

Someone(s) spent a lot of time & thought developing the PinkEE backend and frontend for ANON purposes so I will bang the heck out of it tonite and send all PINK Tuesday payouts from the giveaway thread to the MOON.  Let's see if anyone complains about getting old, dusty Earth PINK.

fayoling

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:27:24 PM

Someone(s) spent a lot of time & thought developing the PinkEE backend and frontend for ANON purposes so I will bang the heck out of it tonite and send all PINK Tuesday payouts from the giveaway thread to the MOON.  Let's see if anyone complains about getting old, dusty Earth PINK.

That is what I am talking about. This is a great opportunity for the whole community to come together and get some benefits from their efforts. Increase Mintpal voting, use a highly requested feature, and visually see the effects of your efforts.

Everyone should be partaking in this giveaway like never before.

200+ votes on day 6 and closing in on 5000 votes MintPal! Vote PINK Vote!

PEEK inside for PINK  http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php/topic,1727.0.html

1 Vote = 50 PINK ☆ Fun ☆ Games ☆ Entanglement ☆  Daily & Final Bonuses

boxxa

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:37:20 PM

This is what the community needs.
fayoling

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:26:51 PM

Pinkcoin has been added to the Hitbtc.com voting list https://hitbtc.com/vote

Go place your votes.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:54:38 PM

Since PinkEE, white paper and all, hasn't produced anything substantial -or sustained, anyway-, why not implement something that has? Like the SMS anon featured in Razor, for instance... It is OPEN SOURCE and they welcome the copy/paste: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644498.1080

It sounds quite pinky to me!

Besides that, a couple considerations for the longer term:

1.- Although the fad now is the coins with a maximum count very reduced (2 million and lower, a la Razor) the fact that Pink has 365 million coins total is a VERY GOOD thing. There are many proponents of scarcity as an element of value. Nothing can be further from the truth historically: Abundance of currency has helped every economy in the last 5000 years. Scarcity, on the other hand, has never survived.

2.- Along those lines, the fact that the value of one single Pink will never be too high allows for much more simplicity in actual use and adoption by the general public. Imagine paying for a bottle of water, "X" amount of Pinkcoin as opposed to 0.00000----whatever BTC? It is, in fact, a clear barrier for adoption by both merchants and public.

Make those simple but very significant facts known to everyone. They will eventually see PINK!

What are you even talking about? It's red letters on the ANN page. No links.. no whitepaper, nothing. Please stop spreading nonsense... or word your sentences in a way that reflects the truth. You make it sound like its all out there and already implemented. When and IF something open source is released, we'll definitely take a look. No harm in adding an extra anon feature in the new wallet.

What's the matter Sonny boy, a bad day at the office? What's with this "stop spreading nonsense" idiotic stuff? Next time take a deep breath, know who you are talking to, reflect on what you want to say, take another hour to meditate on the appropriate -and Pinky- way of presenting it and THEN post, ok?

I linked you to a thread where the use of the OPEN SOURCE latest features of RAZOR are encouraged by their devs. In what way is that "spreading nonsense" that I must stop? What other nonsense have I been spreading?Huh?? In what ways you advise me to word my sentences to "reflect the truth"Huh
I not only "make it sound like its all out there and already implemented", I STATE that it IS, indeed, already implemented. The code should already be available -but it is your jobs, as devs, to look for it, not mine, ok. And if it isn't, you should be on the lookout for it... and be very GRACIOUS an d THANKFUL, for the very INTELLIGENT suggestion, ok Sonny boy?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:19:37 PM

+1 to this.

Well Fayoling, your Sonny-boy here has somewhat changed to a tone that is just the opposite, 100% so, of what Pink should represent. Let's assume it was just a poor discretion moment that won't happen again but these things seems to have a habit of repeating themselves, sadly.

I don't believe for a moment that the change in "boom strategy" so to speak has anything to do with the somewhat momentary changed tone of a few posters. Plus you had that hammer guy long before any other "impatients" here, anyway. AND this is not necessarily bad. As I have stated before, traders are not just good for a coin like Pink, but both inevitable and necessary. And, to be quite hones, if you have the change to buy in at 40 sat and sell at 63, not to do it is just not wise, IMO. It is, in any case, one more of the many effects some describe as "growing pains". Nothing whatsoever wrong with it.

The complains here are going to continue, of course, all the time, regardless. Everyone in crypto wants to make money practically at any costs... which doesn't mean Pink leading dev team has to comply with all requests or even respond to them (but if you do, do it NICELY, Pinkish, ok?). The leading dev team MUST keep the eyes on the price and the handle on the strategy, modifying and adapting it, if necessary, but with the final goals in clear perspective.

But there are complains and then there are LEGITIMATE complains. Those should be tended to. And it is VERY CLEAR that Pink has a deficiency in marketing as it stands. A lot of nice things are being done and many others, as you well know, are being considered. I myself presented a proposal to Cayce that I am sure you are aware of. People asking for marketing pushes must be aware of these initiatives and, after I come back from vacation, I will bring it to the community if you guys have not done so prior. For those complaining or demanding it, marketing, as everyone knows, is both crucial for a coin like Pink AND expensive, quite expensive. The assumption that "the big holders" should burden the cost is just not acceptable. Just to start, it would cost $5,000 and 20 million Pink. Yes it would be big but that is the initial cost -and it is very, very cheap, actually-. Is the entire community, those who own 20 million coins and more and the ones who own just 1 million, ready and willing to BRING IT? If you are not ready to hold your part of the bargain you really have no right to even suggest "marketing efforts".

The "re-branding" thing. I believe, as I have stated numerous times, that Pink is a HUGE advantage above any other brand. For obvious reasons: It naturally attracts the most untapped market in crypto -women- and is a natural for some other very significant and indeed important niche markets. It is a MAJOR ASSET, not the opposite. People must be fully aware that Pink's strategy is -as should be- major widespread real world adoption, NOT attract the nerds in crypto. We are "the good guys of crypto", remember? That stands for a lot of things. And, as I have stated before, it will pay in spades ... in the end and all the way through too.
fayoling

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:11:59 PM

+1 to this.

Well Fayoling, your Sonny-boy here has somewhat changed to a tone that is just the opposite, 100% so, of what Pink should represent. Let's assume it was just a poor discretion moment that won't happen again but these things seems to have a habit of repeating themselves, sadly.

I don't believe for a moment that the change in "boom strategy" so to speak has anything to do with the somewhat momentary changed tone of a few posters. Plus you had that hammer guy long before any other "impatients" here, anyway. AND this is not necessarily bad. As I have stated before, traders are not just good for a coin like Pink, but both inevitable and necessary. And, to be quite hones, if you have the change to buy in at 40 sat and sell at 63, not to do it is just not wise, IMO. It is, in any case, one more of the many effects some describe as "growing pains". Nothing whatsoever wrong with it.

The complains here are going to continue, of course, all the time, regardless. Everyone in crypto wants to make money practically at any costs... which doesn't mean Pink leading dev team has to comply with all requests or even respond to them (but if you do, do it NICELY, Pinkish, ok?). The leading dev team MUST keep the eyes on the price and the handle on the strategy, modifying and adapting it, if necessary, but with the final goals in clear perspective.

But there are complains and then there are LEGITIMATE complains. Those should be tended to. And it is VERY CLEAR that Pink has a deficiency in marketing as it stands. A lot of nice things are being done and many others, as you well know, are being considered. I myself presented a proposal to Cayce that I am sure you are aware of. People asking for marketing pushes must be aware of these initiatives and, after I come back from vacation, I will bring it to the community if you guys have not done so prior. For those complaining or demanding it, marketing, as everyone knows, is both crucial for a coin like Pink AND expensive, quite expensive. The assumption that "the big holders" should burden the cost is just not acceptable. Just to start, it would cost $5,000 and 20 million Pink. Yes it would be big but that is the initial cost -and it is very, very cheap, actually-. Is the entire community, those who own 20 million coins and more and the ones who own just 1 million, ready and willing to BRING IT? If you are not ready to hold your part of the bargain you really have no right to even suggest "marketing efforts".

The "re-branding" thing. I believe, as I have stated numerous times, that Pink is a HUGE advantage above any other brand. For obvious reasons: It naturally attracts the most untapped market in crypto -women- and is a natural for some other very significant and indeed important niche markets. It is a MAJOR ASSET, not the opposite. People must be fully aware that Pink's strategy is -as should be- major widespread real world adoption, NOT attract the nerds in crypto. We are "the good guys of crypto", remember? That stands for a lot of things. And, as I have stated before, it will pay in spades ... in the end and all the way through too.

Barabbas, welcome to the community my friend, I love your blunt, realistic and stright up perception of things.

I think a good portion of people have been down on PINK lately, and the negativity hit us all a little harder than usual. Things are quickly turning back around, as the positive in the PINK community heavily outweighs any negative.

We do understand that marketing is not our strongest area. I mean, at the end of the day, our core team is mostly made up of devs. So I would like to thank you for stepping up and proposing a great marketing concept. A few members have stepped up already and are working on ideas, that will bring great things.

My only concern with your proposal, is the $$ dropping, as I sense you will be requesting donations from the community. This can be a great thing, though we have seen in the past with other coins, that something like this can quickly turn into a negative at a moments notice. So the way things are typically handled around here, are a little different than simply asking for $$, or coins.

Would it work for you to skip the donation request?
By simply discussing your proposal, begin working on it, and keeping everyone posted with your progress. Without ever having to ask for a single donation, my assumption is that you will have received everything you need from many different members to achieve your goals. By requesting help, instead of $$, your marketing proposal can not only bring us to the moon and create real world adoption, but it can also bring the community together making our #pinkarmy, that much more powerful.

The generosity, love and passion in this community is strong. You can almost use the Bittrex graph to trace this thread and see how it is doing. The more positive things being discussed, and the more community involvement always puts us on a nice incline. As soon as the community begins to believe there is something wrong, and discussing ways to "fix" it, the declines happen.

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork!

Pinker

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:52:45 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 07:06:09 PM by Pinker

Barabbas, welcome to the community my friend, I love your blunt, realistic and stright up perception of things.

I think a good portion of people have been down on PINK lately, and the negativity hit us all a little harder than usual. Things are quickly turning back around, as the positive in the PINK community heavily outweighs any negative.

We do understand that marketing is not our strongest area. I mean, at the end of the day, our core team is mostly made up of devs. So I would like to thank you for stepping up and proposing a great marketing concept. A few members have stepped up already and are working on ideas, that will bring great things.

My only concern with your proposal, is the $$ dropping, as I sense you will be requesting donations from the community. This can be a great thing, though we have seen in the past with other coins, that something like this can quickly turn into a negative at a moments notice. So the way things are typically handled around here, are a little different than simply asking for $$, or coins.

By simply discussing your proposal, begin working on it, and keeping everyone posted with your progress. Without ever having to ask for a single donation, my assumption is that you will have received everything you need from many different members to achieve your goals. By requesting help, instead of $$, your marketing proposal can not only bring us to the moon and create real world adoption, but it can also bring the community together making our #pinkarmy, that much more powerful.

The generosity, love and passion in this community is strong. You can almost use the Bittrex graph to trace this thread and see how it is doing. The more positive things being discussed, and the more community involvement always puts us on a nice incline. As soon as the community begins to believe there is something wrong, and discussing ways to "fix" it, the declines happen.

Very Pink! Some Pink for being Pink on you.Wink Using the Pinkshady techniques. Keep up the good work.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:15:19 PM

+1 to this.

Thank you my friend for your welcoming.

In answer to your specific question, the answer is no. As you know, the idea includes a significant amount of T-Shirts (at least 200, more better), transparent wallets (with 1,000 pinkcoins in each), printed banners, cards and other printed materials plus significant expenses in mailing and transportation. That's besides the work needed to put it out there. We are talking major, MAJOR real world expenses that have to be paid for by the community, not by a few individuals. And maybe you know how to get around those, I am not. I also don't believe in anything not carefully planned and executed under control and direction. It simply never works to the effect intended, no matter how nice could some spontaneous contributions may be. If we want to make a splash and gain with it major exposure in the real world, worldwide, these are the minimum things that are needed... plus the man/woman power to carry it out and, in the most important ways, also get the results both tended to and, more importantly, distributed throw regular and electronic media.

So I intend to ask the community for support on this project because money is indeed needed. I believe I can deliver on a ratio of 1 to 100 or more in the real world so the value for their fiat/pinkcoin will be simply outstanding. And it is up to the community to decide. The community, not just a few more or less generous few owners that, on their own, can and have delivered, so far, only so much. I believe Pink has reached a stage where it needs to leap forward, ahead of the crypto pack and throw in the ring it's hat, so to speak, in an effort to stake the privileged place that I envision it could and should have in the present and future of world currencies, not just the extremely reduced crypto world.

As part of that final (personal) vision -of which the event mentioned is just a first, decisive step-, Pinkcoin will -must- enter politics. I believe it already has, in a way for supporting the values and principles stated by the leadership of it is, indeed, politics. But I mean in a more specific way, more direct and more significant. Politics is supporting women equal rights, gays and lesbian equal rights, race equal rights, underprivileged equal rights. We are "the good guys of crypto", therefore we must do good. And that implies choices. Sometimes, costly choices. And tyake sides. Hopefully with the good guys/gals.

Like I said, I will present the plan, in specifics, and costs of implementation. Volunteerism is good -and dearly needed in Pinkcoin- but expedite, decisive action requires old fashioned work -hundreds of hours of it-, and money. I believe the community will understand it and, hopefully, will be willing to support it. We'll son see.
fayoling

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:39:34 PM

In answer to your specific question, the answer is no. As you know, the idea includes a significant amount of T-Shirts (at least 200, more better), transparent wallets (with 1,000 pinkcoins in each), printed banners, cards and other printed materials plus significant expenses in mailing and transportation. That's besides the work needed to put it out there. We are talking major, MAJOR real world expenses that have to be paid for by the community, not by a few individuals. And maybe you know how to get around those, I am not. I also don't believe in anything not carefully planned and executed under control and direction. It simply never works to the effect intended, no matter how nice could some spontaneous contributions may be. If we want to make a splash and gain with it major exposure in the real world, worldwide, these are the minimum things that are needed... plus the man/woman power to carry it out and, in the most important ways, also get the results both tended to and, more importantly, distributed throw regular and electronic media.

So I intend to ask the community for support on this project because money is indeed needed. I believe I can deliver on a ratio of 1 to 100 or more in the real world so the value for their fiat/pinkcoin will be simply outstanding. And it is up to the community to decide. The community, not just a few more or less generous few owners that, on their own, can and have delivered, so far, only so much. I believe Pink has reached a stage where it needs to leap forward, ahead of the crypto pack and throw in the ring it's hat, so to speak, in an effort to stake the privileged place that I envision it could and should have in the present and future of world currencies, not just the extremely reduced crypto world.

As part of that final (personal) vision -of which the event mentioned is just a first, decisive step-, Pinkcoin will -must- enter politics. I believe it already has, in a way for supporting the values and principles stated by the leadership of it is, indeed, politics. But I mean in a more specific way, more direct and more significant. Politics is supporting women equal rights, gays and lesbian equal rights, race equal rights, underprivileged equal rights. We are "the good guys of crypto", therefore we must do good. And that implies choices. Sometimes, costly choices. And tyake sides. Hopefully with the good guys/gals.

Like I said, I will present the plan, in specifics, and costs of implementation. Volunteerism is good -and dearly needed in Pinkcoin- but expedite, decisive action requires old fashioned work -hundreds of hours of it-, and money. I believe the community will understand it and, hopefully, will be willing to support it. We'll son see.

We will most definitely soon see. I look forward to this beginnig, as it is a huge undertaking, and a very promising one at that.
So I thank you for your initiative, and point of view. I am sure the community will bcak your idea 100% when it is presented to them.

Enjoy your vacation for now, and let the bombs drop when you return.

Pinker

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:17:29 PM

Cough Cough...

W H I T E P A P E R

You certainly deserve some Pink love too.Wink Keep up the good work.
bluewhackadoo

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:36:12 PM

This thread would give me pause on these big time promotion plans of barabbas, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=627818.0.  IconicExpert/barabbas's track record with these types of promotions is, to be fair, not great and when he fails to deliver on these promises I don't want the negative energy it would bring to the PINK community and thread.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:39:41 PM

Well, I would just like to say that everybody should be aware that a lot of people think barabbas is IconicExpert... and that the last time IconicExpert asked for donations from a community (the Blackcoin community) to fund a PR campaign- he ran off and never gave the funds back...

Have a look at the untrusted feedback (untrusted of course because anybody can reduce their trust depth to 1, in which case nobody is within the trust network except the mods, not because any of the people who gave the feedback were scammers themselves)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=260809

Why should the pink community give donations to this person, barabbas, even if he isn't IE? I would much rather trust my funds with an official dev, an escrow, or at least somebody with a generally positive reputation on this forum. Barabbas meets none of those conditions.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: