Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:00:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206971 times)
sumgye

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 04:37:26 AM

Damn... that was pretty close!!

Read the thread though. Some people couldn't vote :S Not good with voting so close.

People that are clearly members of the community, like 0wl, SpockSkywalker, Anoxxy, and CountofMonteCrypto, and pretty much all of our twitter following that doesn't frequent btctalk were excluded because of their newbie status on bitcointalk. Even Jyap wouldn't have been able to vote, had he tried.  Our nature of drawing new people into Crypto and PinkCoin kind of bit us on this one I think. And with a 1 vote spread... I don't know. It just isn't fair.

Talking with the other devs about possible solutions. Stay tuned.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bluewhackadoo

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:36:10 AM

Read the thread though. Some people couldn't vote :S Not good with voting so close.

People that are clearly members of the community, like 0wl, SpockSkywalker, Anoxxy, and CountofMonteCrypto, and pretty much all of our twitter following that doesn't frequent btctalk were excluded because of their newbie status on bitcointalk. Even Jyap wouldn't have been able to vote, had he tried.  Our nature of drawing new people into Crypto and PinkCoin kind of bit us on this one I think. And with a 1 vote spread... I don't know. It just isn't fair.

27 votes, the majority voted PINK.  Regardless of the margin there will always be those calling foul, post a poll anywhere else you will always be excluding a certain percentage of the potential voting population, post a public poll on the Internet or a BCT poll that allows newbie accounts to vote and it is a free-for-all begging dishonest folk to stuff the ballot.  

Fact is a hidden vote poll on BCT with a mandatory account status requirement is likely one of if not the best possible method to present a community vote like this.  Nothing unfair about it.  I would think the same if Pinkcoin had won.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:41:39 AM

Barabass do yourself a favor and stick to these threads where you actually support the coin. Why do you go on other threads and write posts (I should say essays and short books) belittling the coin and developers. If you don't like a particular coin, leave it alone..why do you keep bashing it with your long sophisticated rhetoric? For anybody wondering what Im talking about, visit the VRC thread. He also did the same thing with Cinni.

In short, if you dont like some other coin, then stay away. What is your agenda of relentless negativity?
If you like and want to support a particular coin (in this case pink coin), then cool, stick this coin and thread. Like some people have mentioned here already, get your head out of your ass. Look in a mirror before you start your self righteous bashing campaigns on other threads.

In what possible way I have ever lead you to believe that I would be interested in any behavioral advice from you? I would like to know just in case, inadvertently to me, I have somehow lead you to entitled yourself to not only insult me but actually giving me counsel as to what my behavior in other threads should be. Do you think I should also become fully vegetarian instead of just partially? Do you think I should support the Republican party? Do you think I should dedicate myself to the growth and exploitation of stalactites or perhaps pursue a career as a soccer coach. Maybe try out for NASA and outer space exploration?

Forgive me but such senseless, arrogant stupidity can only be taken for the hilarious potential it has, otherwise it is just too insulting and would grant an in-kind scolding.

CountofMonteCrypto, is this the RESPECT you claim "we" exercise here, "oyo's" and this guy's? No need to answer, of course. Just let me tell you that I never offered to work with you or anyone else here outside of the dev team so, since the proposal has been dropped, I fail to see the need for your post. Surely I am missing something, am I not?

As for perceptions and scandals, I don't quite know what you are referring to. It is my purpose and assumed mission to continue creating a ledger with as many crooks and criminals in crypto I can unmask to be guide and documentation when law comes to this territory, which I am pretty sure it is going to be sooner than later. And it comes with an assumed price. I assume that you perceive that as being negative in some way? You have me quite confused, I repeat.

I live through quite a bit of shock and confusion on a daily basis, so no need for clarification is implied or requested. I would think that both of us would be much more effective and quite happier if no further exchanges take place, so I'll do my best to keep my part of the bargain.
sumgye

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:43:08 AM

People that are clearly members of the community, like 0wl, SpockSkywalker, Anoxxy, and CountofMonteCrypto, and pretty much all of our twitter following that doesn't frequent btctalk were excluded because of their newbie status on bitcointalk. Even Jyap wouldn't have been able to vote, had he tried.  Our nature of drawing new people into Crypto and PinkCoin kind of bit us on this one I think. And with a 1 vote spread... I don't know. It just isn't fair.

27 votes, the majority voted PINK.  Regardless of the margin there will always be those calling foul, post a poll anywhere else you will always be excluding a certain percentage of the potential voting population, post a public poll on the Internet or a BCT poll that allows newbie accounts to vote and it is a free-for-all begging dishonest folk to stuff the ballot.  

Fact is a hidden vote poll on BCT with a mandatory account status requirement is likely one of if not the best possible method to present a community vote like this.  Nothing unfair about it.  I would think the same if Pinkcoin had won.

You should follow us on twitter! We have more followers there than here, and practically all of the community development projects have come from there, and they couldn't vote. The guy behind the PinkCards? Nope. Couldn't vote. The guy doing the big promotion in Toronto out of his own pocket? Nope. Couldn't vote. The guy that audited our code for us and verified we were legit? Nope. Couldn't vote.

And they posted about this fact while the vote was still in progress, and there was nothing we could do about it.
sumgye

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:04:17 AM

People that are clearly members of the community, like 0wl, SpockSkywalker, Anoxxy, and CountofMonteCrypto, and pretty much all of our twitter following that doesn't frequent btctalk were excluded because of their newbie status on bitcointalk. Even Jyap wouldn't have been able to vote, had he tried.  Our nature of drawing new people into Crypto and PinkCoin kind of bit us on this one I think. And with a 1 vote spread... I don't know. It just isn't fair.

Lol, it's true. I follow the thread and I would have voted for keeping "Pinkcoin" but I couldn't vote Sad

Lol. So with my vote it would have been and even poll.

Another is SpockSkywalker, one of our biggest twitter followers that has supported us since the relaunch, before the coin ever got off the ground. He had to make a new account here just so that he could vote, and he was the very first person to respond to the vote.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661681.msg7457796#msg7457796

We had no idea that he couldn't actually vote. He never said anything to us about it. His sentiments about the change are clear though.
bluewhackadoo

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:17:36 AM

Lol, it's true. I follow the thread and I would have voted for keeping "Pinkcoin" but I couldn't vote Sad

Another is SpockSkywalker, one of our biggest twitter followers that has supported us since the relaunch, before the coin ever got off the ground. He had to make a new account here just so that he could vote, and he was the very first person to respond to the vote.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661681.msg7457796#msg7457796

We had no idea that he couldn't actually vote. He never said anything to us about it. His sentiments about the change are clear though.

Give them time, change can be scary, they will come around, not only to accept PINK but embrace it wholeheartedly. 

If not, kick rocks, you lost Tongue
bluewhackadoo

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:23:45 AM

You should follow us on twitter! We have more followers there than here, and practically all of the community development projects have come from there, and they couldn't vote. The guy behind the PinkCards? Nope. Couldn't vote. The guy doing the big promotion in Toronto out of his own pocket? Nope. Couldn't vote. The guy that audited our code for us and verified we were legit? Nope. Couldn't vote.

And they posted about this fact while the vote was still in progress, and there was nothing we could do about it.

C'mon, you know I follow that twitter!  Wink

https://twitter.com/fishguy55
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:30:36 AM

i selflessly stepped up and donated .1 btc to bribe mchammer to leave pink alone, i once again am prepared to offer this deal to barbass ! Kiss
bluewhackadoo

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:32:16 AM

i selflessly stepped up and donated .1 btc to bribe mchammer to leave pink alone, i once again am prepared to offer this deal to barbass ! Kiss

Careful, saying its name will summon it.  Lips sealed
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:25:10 AM

It has been highlighted repeatedly how a rebranding of Pinkcoin to just 'PINK' would not help the currency and would, in fact, likely hinder it considerably as there is little market penetration for this cryptocurrency anyway at this time, resulting in the vast majority of occasions 'PINK' is referenced sans 'coin' needing to then be followed up by a lengthy explanation of what one meant when referencing the word 'PINK'.

I would, however, recommend changing the exchange ticker to 'PINK' as 'PC' is almost invisible in the coin listings.

Launching a global branding exercise on the scale proposed by Barabbas is not something that he should have expected much support on. As has been highlighted already, grand plans that require major investment from the outset are far too high-risk, especially at a time when the coin needs to be demonstrating technical substance and utility before trying to grab the market's attention.

Talk about how 'PINK means this; and 'PINK means that' is asinine, as 'PINK' means little to anybody at this time. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing because you want to ensure that, when you do attempt to market the coin as a brand, it actually has more to it than a bunch of marketing guys spouting empty, meaningless slogans.

Personally, I think you'd be better off playing on the phrase "In the pink", as in "I'm in the pink" meaning healthy and full of vitality, which also allows the dual-play on the phrase "In the money", meaning wealthy, affluent.

Besides, I don't recall many occasions where I ever bought into an idea simply because someone had a promotional party. People take the freebies and walk away. How about, instead, employing a promotion that actually requires people to invest a sufficient amount of effort, willingly, to gain Pinkcoins?

A Pinkcoin they have had to do a little work for is a Pinkcoin they will value more than one just handed to them for nothing.

"But, you handsome Devil, how can we possibly create an environment whereby people who are otherwise not exposed to crypto, let alone our coin, would be willing to commit time and effort into getting Pinkcoins?" I hear you cry.

One tiny phrase should be enough to capture your attention and imagination, as well as explain the whole concept easily, are you ready for it?
In-app rewards.

Find a paid app that has decent, not too big though, curent exposure, enter into an agreement with the developer to incorporate some Pinkcoin as part of the purchase price for that app and have them awarded to the user as they reach particular milestones or levels.

Given that Pinkcoins are currently worth little, a 50c addition to the price of an app for X number of Pinkcoins that could be bundled along with it and paid out to the user as rewards, for spending on additional app/game functionality, or saved to their own Pinkcoin wallet, would add value to both the app and the coin.

Once proven as a working concept, then maybe consider approaching one of the big market players, like the 'Candy Crush' developer, 'King' and promote it to them as being an opportunity to offer something that no other big-name game/app brand offers, actual money rewards for playing. In that they are now a listed company, they need to be coming up with dynamic and cutting-edge developments to their product-line and what better way to be able to keep it's customers playing than by paying them?

The above example of a route you might take towards promoting the coin requires little in the way of investment costs, is low-risk and is absolutely something that can be kept within the control of the dev team. The end result has another company promoting the coin as part of their own, ongoing, product promotion. It is a synergistic solution to broadening the appeal for this coin without the need for lavish parties that are over within hours and forgotten about.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
bluewhackadoo

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:26:12 AM

Over 1000 votes collected. All June 24th payouts sent ANON. Can you keep a secret?

Free PINK here http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php/topic,1727.0.html

1 Vote = 50 PINK ☆ Toronto ☆ Entanglement ☆ PreFilled USB ☆  Daily & Final Bonuses
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:20:04 AM

Ohh i did not even see a poll, it was all broken, i had 2 options but were not able to vote on any of Them so instead i posted for PINK so my voice isnt even in the polls:/
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:07:36 AM

Is Pinkcoin ever going up again? Did the people just disappeared? What happened with the hype around Pinkcoin? Everybody took profit and went away?
grabciu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:09:24 AM

Is Pinkcoin ever going up again? Did the people just disappeared? What happened with the hype around Pinkcoin? Everybody took profit and went away?
so now is the time to buy.. we're climbing on mintpal voting, over 300 votes per day, think about it  Wink
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:12:40 AM

so now is the time to buy.. we're climbing on mintpal voting, over 300 votes per day, think about it  Wink

Or they are quiet and want to add a lot of coins for the next pump to the moon? Wink
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:14:39 AM

There was a 1.50BTC buy at 50 sats
Pinker

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:54:01 AM

https://i.imgur.com/E4XMj1m.png

Ohh i did not even see a poll, it was all broken, i had 2 options but were not able to vote on any of Them so instead i posted for PINK so my voice isnt even in the polls:/

Yep, couldn't vote either, but my opinion was pretty clear anyway and was curious about the results. I am a little surprised though.

But as I am reading the posts, it seems to me that people are really mostly worried about the confusion and so to say losing the cryptocurrency feel or rather first hand communication of the fact that it is a cryptocurrency. I made my own little research yesterday and was asking people around me whether they know what is bitcoin. It was mostly people of age 30+, but guess what, most of the people don't even know what Bitcoin is. And a long explanation of what a cryptocurrency is had to follow. The coin behind it would have no meaning for most of people in the real world anyway. Even if they knew what Bitcoin is, they would probably be very surprised that there are actually other currencies like BTC. The penetration of these information throughout the market is just still too low and the job is yet to be done.

What I am trying to say is, that the coin behind name would give people actually no idea of what it is anyway and it seems to me, that when trying to achieve higher recognition of the "brand" Pink, due to the low exposure of normal people to the whole cryptoworld, it could be communicated IE this way:

PINK
The Cryptocurrency.

Anyway, we have to put together a solid overall strategy, I'll try to help with that later, but hell these are just too busy days. Respect to Barabbas and his ideas, but I think that before jumping into something like that a really deep strategy should be evolved and the actions of this size would have to fit precisely into that.

I am not talking just marketing as the word itself sounds almost as cursing nowadays, when it's meaning shrink to fooling people that they need something they actually don't and hide the unpleasant information along the way. This is not a Pink way.Wink Anyway I am talking about overall business model which of course has to include basic ideas, objectives, and supporting development and communication strategies. Before something like that is done, huge and costly actions would probably mean a waste of money and time of people involved.

True a lot of coins didn't need a proper strategy, but you do not want to bet on luck when giving it so much effort and time already.

https://i.imgur.com/E4XMj1m.png

With all respect to you Jyap, since it wasn't just you who couldn't vote, nobody can tell whether your vote would change anything. Tongue Smiley
Pinker

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:32:36 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 11:53:21 AM by Pinker

Oh and our new supporter has also something to say:

https://i.imgur.com/pVWlGrJ.png?1

Guess this will piss Chinese investors off. Sorry guys.Smiley

EDIT: Of course you guys in the DEV decide the way you feel is right, I don't want to push you or sth. Enjoy it in a Pink way. Probably the only way how to avoid excluding someone from voting would be implementing the voting system into the wallet.Wink
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 12:00:46 PM

Or they are quiet and want to add a lot of coins for the next pump to the moon? Wink

Or maybe they all just sleeping  Grin

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
boxxa

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:45:27 PM

It's ulitmatley up to the devs but I think changing the name to just pink is a bad idea. Outside of things already branded the natural discovery of it on google will hurt without bring unique and searching for Pinkcoin.

The coin symbol from PC to PINK is good.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: