Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:11:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206971 times)
SpockSkywalker

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:26:31 PM

Yeah I demand a recount on the votes. Publicity on the TwitterSphere deserves proper representation in the Voting System, especially on a drastic decision like this. What are we to #hashtag to now? #Pink? That is public awareness suicide.  Many holders of Pinkcoin dont even use this forum stuff, but we are the ones attracting attention to Pinkcoin and encouraging new investors which is helping increase your returns. Do NOT neglect us, Forum Absentee votes should be cast on Twitter, or at least some process. What is this the Soviet Union? A ONe-Party System? #StillLoveYall #NotTryin2Bitch

Very good point. Understand your worries. You can hashtag #PinkCurrency. It would actually bring a much more immediate understanding of what is that about to normal people. What do you think? The trouble with Pinkcoin is: 1) other colourcoins and similarity to most of other coins ending with coin and 2) it just sounds so lame. Smiley No seriously I believe that a good way to communicate Pink to the public in official materials is IE (sorry for repeating myself):

Pink
The cryptocurrency.

Or whatever kind of currency or other word we wanna call it. It would give Pink a much more solid look. Given the natural limitations of seriousness of anything pink.Smiley But when it comes to money, that is what you want.

Or we could just come up with some other completely different ending or beginning. My own brainstorming was no good though. But Pinkcoin as it is just doesn't really sound/look serious enough.

Thanks for the discussion, ladies and gentlemen. Seriously.

Keep it Pink. (perhaps sounds meaningless to someone, but hey, you can give it a meaning Wink) Don't give up.

I am not an Investor in Pinkcoin because I want to make Money, in fact I have lost as much as $500 Investing in Pinkcoin at the wrong times on the peak of the ups and I don't care as long as most of that money is going to the Developers of this coin. My Beef is that I don't deserve to be ignored because my bitcoin forum account is brand new. Ya'll are approaching this from a view point on experts of Crypto-Currency, New INvestors of Pinkcoin don't own Bitcoin, and will never own Bitcoin. Pinkcoin is generating its own market base akin to Dogecoin that is sustainable without Bitcoin by drawing from the 75% of the Population that says will NEVER USE crypto currency. If all Pinkcoin is focused on is taking a piece of Bitcoin's $8 billion market cap then this truly is just another Color Coin. You think a smiling Doge coin looks serious? No the smiling Doge is what is generating the Cult-Following that is holding Dogecoin at #7 on the Charts right now. Pinkcoin's success is entirely dependent on Pinkcoin's cult following which will be totally lost if the Name changes. It'd be like changing the name of Led Zeppelin, because Led isn't even spelled right, its not gonna work out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SpockSkywalker

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:35:42 PM

If it turns into just Pink, I am selling. We are slowly building up the PinkCoin hype and changing it to just #Pink will destroy it as we are competing with everything else Pink including Victoria's Secret and no longer setting us apart. Also, real world adoption will fail when we suddenly blend in with everything else Pink and no one will know what the hell PINK is or what context.

Just my $0.02

I agree entirely. Not only on the name change which is suicidal but that as a Libertarian Political Activist to know that the community I have been engaged with and supporting since May is excluding me from the voting process is quite disturbing. I might as well buy Federal Reserve Treasury Bonds then.
CountofMonteCrypto

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:52:02 PM

Okay guys lets just put the brakes on this a little bit seems to be the first real divisive issue we have had here at PINKCOIN. I am with all the long term investors in that

1) the voting was a mess we need Jeb Bush in here to recount floridas ballots
2) this should be just to determine interest in the matter
3) there are over 2700 wallets for pinkcoin and 14 voted to change the name to pink
4) there were 13 people allowed to vote who voted pinkcoin
5) I like many other supporters were not allowed to vote

I am not going to make any bold statements like im going to dump all my pinkcoin if there is a name change but I understand those that do. That is our only real voice when not addressed properly is to use our coins to do the talking. Could one of the developers clearly state in this forum that we will not officially be changing the name.

This may happen naturally as was described earlier people always shorten the names of stuff.

All the work that has gone into promoting this coin has been mostly on twitter where everything official has PINKCOIN on it good luck starting from scratch with all the new people coming on board. It would not be suicide but would definently put us back couple months. But more importantly we would lose the support of key members of this community.

I had some real issues i would like to discuss today but until a developer puts this to rest Im not going to raise a new issue with this still lingering over our heads.

SpockSkywalker

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:00:25 PM

If it turns into just Pink, I am selling.

Good, sell then and  miss out some nice opportunities.

Wow! Good then? You want to outcast the dude developing text message transactions for a coin modeled at attracting Chicks into crypto-currency? Those same chicks who love to Text and buy random shit all day long? Do you think your Pinkcoin's are just magically going to go up in value? Are you even looking at a bigger picture or are you expecting a quick name change to boost your holdings for a day while over half of Pinkcoin's following jumps ship the next? Google Pink you will not see anything about Pinkcoin just that nasty old hag Pink trying to get her party started tonight. Pinkcoin will turn into another nasty old hag waiting to get her party started if her name changes to Pink.
CountofMonteCrypto

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:26:06 PM

Hello!

Seems like nice coin. I want to check it out.
Is there any exchange where I can exchange Pinkcoin for Bitcoin?

Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

The main ones are Bittrex and Poloniex happy trading
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 08:58:48 PM

I voted for the name change to Pink, but I have no problem with the name remaining PinkCoin. After hearing the concerns of a few people I googled "pink" and it does indeed seem like we could get lost in the results that turn up. On the other hand if you google Nike (used for example since someone mentioned them) you only get the company Nike. This all happened kind of fast and no-one really voiced their concerns until after the voting closed.

If it's allowed, I will change my (swing) vote to PinkCoin. (Even if it's decided to keep the official name as PinkCoin, I see no problem in continuing to affectionately call it Pink. That's our initials now anyways, so it's all good imo.)

SpockSkywalker

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:43:30 PM

I voted for the name change to Pink, but I have no problem with the name remaining PinkCoin. After hearing the concerns of a few people I googled "pink" and it does indeed seem like we could get lost in the results that turn up. On the other hand if you google Nike (used for example since someone mentioned them) you only get the company Nike. This all happened kind of fast and no-one really voiced their concerns until after the voting closed.

If it's allowed, I will change my (swing) vote to PinkCoin. (Even if it's decided to keep the official name as PinkCoin, I see no problem in continuing to affectionately call it Pink. That's our initials now anyways, so it's all good imo.)

Nike has never changed their company name it has always been Nike which wasn't a commonly used name at Nike's initial roll-out. The Doge meme is dead and Dogecoin brought it back which is why Doge and Dogecoin can be interchangeable. Pink is already commonly used, Pinkcoin can earn the title "Pink" as an interchangeable name related to one thing in peoples minds as the "Pink-Themed Crypto-Coin", but Pinkcoin must earn this feat like Madonna and Cher. Does Tiger Woods own Tiger as interchangeable title between an animal and a golfer? No, either has Pinkcoin earned 'Pink', a universally known Color, as an interchangeable title between a shade of White/Red and a Crypto-Currency. As for changing 'Coin' to 'Currency' that would be akin to Changing Led Zeppelin to Lead Zeppelin or Dogecoin to Dogcoin. It will not fly with consumers. Not an opinion this is Marketing 101.
boxxa

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:05:05 PM

Good, sell then and  miss out some nice opportunities.

This is a bad vibe. If I dumped the market would crash. Be smart here.

Also as a google and SEO person and on board for wide adaptability of a crypto, you don't want to bury yourself in search results. I already hate that "bitcointalk pinkcoin" turns up the old pump and dump thread and really hope that can get deleted some day.

I am heavily vested in pinkcoin and have turned down a lot of buyouts of the SMS and wallet code already. If I was to profit short term, I would have exited pink as there is no 1000% swings which is good for long term stability. I just would like to see this grow and not these name changes same thing as there is a goal to not hard fork the coin for anything.
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 10:14:47 PM

Nike has never changed their company name it has always been Nike which wasn't a commonly used name at Nike's initial roll-out. The Doge meme is dead and Dogecoin brought it back which is why Doge and Dogecoin can be interchangeable. Pink is already commonly used, Pinkcoin can earn the title "Pink" as an interchangeable name related to one thing in peoples minds as the "Pink-Themed Crypto-Coin", but Pinkcoin must earn this feat like Madonna and Cher. Does Tiger Woods own Tiger as interchangeable title between an animal and a golfer? No, either has Pinkcoin earned 'Pink', a universally known Color, as an interchangeable title between a shade of White/Red and a Crypto-Currency. As for changing 'Coin' to 'Currency' that would be akin to Changing Led Zeppelin to Lead Zeppelin or Dogecoin to Dogcoin. It will not fly with consumers. Not an opinion this is Marketing 101.

Yes Nike has never changed their name, it's always been Nike, that wasn't my point. I just used Nike as the example because of Pinker's comment.
Too bad someone forgot to tell Nike to name the brand Nikeshoes when founded. Imagine how big success could those losers have by now.Wink

The confusion is a relevant point, but those familiar with cryptos would know and others would be confused whether Pink or Pinkcoin in my opinion.

My point is that Pinker doesn't make a valid argument because Nike is not a name that's used for anything else.

Pinker

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:25:22 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 10:37:22 PM by Pinker

Hmm, this is not much of a discussion really, but OK, I see what you guys are saying: Just leave it to PinkCoin, because it has been already promoted this way and some considerable achievements were met on Twitter. If that is the case, well, ehm, what can we do. I do not really know how much has been done there and how much harm to the followers would the transition do, but if someone confirms this, it is something we have to take into account.

That said I really believe, that thinking long term, this name is just not the best solution. But the way you guys put it, anything else but PinkCoin is a no go for you.

Well, it is Pink anyway, so no problem there. Keep it PinkCoin if you wish, I am not selling. But I am pretty sure, that if, sometimes, someone get deeper into promo of this, they will have to let the "coin" go. It just seems better to be done earlier than later. You also use Pink.wallet, not a PinkCoin.wallet, it is not just shortening, you feel it is not right, doesn't sound good. But I guess it really doesn't matter, because it already naturally evolved into Pink and I really would not like you guys to get upset too much, no reason for that.

Just to be fair to that idea, I already addressed the hashtag problem on twitter, which when no change happens can remain the same and could actually remain the same anyway, when I think about it, but the Pinkcoin being unofficial name just for this purpose if loosing this is a big deal. Or no?

Anyway when it comes to searching engines, you know what you are searching for, you know you are searching for something called Pink which is a currency or has something to do with payments. So you wouldn't put just "pink", but rather "pink currency" or something. Talking about normal people. And yes, Nike is there the only one or at least on top. Who knows, maybe even Pink will be once on the top of the results, despite other pink things int the world. Because everyone will call in Pink whether Pink or PinkCoin.

So, when it comes to me, if those of you taking really strong position about PinkCoin don't change their mind, I am for PinkCoin.

The discussion about this wasn't very Pink if you ask me. I am a little said. Not about the results, I really don't care, But I wish it was a little more constructive.
Pinker

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:30:37 PM

Yes Nike has never changed their name, it's always been Nike, that wasn't my point. I just used Nike as the example because of Pinker's comment.
Too bad someone forgot to tell Nike to name the brand Nikeshoes when founded. Imagine how big success could those losers have by now.Wink

The confusion is a relevant point, but those familiar with cryptos would know and others would be confused whether Pink or Pinkcoin in my opinion.

My point is that Pinker doesn't make a valid argument because Nike is not a name that's used for anything else.

Just keep it stuck to the original reply, someone said that coin at the end means that people would know right away that it is a coin - therefore currency. Nike was just an example of the company not saying in their name what they are actually doing. It has no relation to other aspects of this discussion. Do not use it out of context, that is not good for any discussion.
SpockSkywalker

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:48:27 PM

Okay guys lets just put the brakes on this a little bit seems to be the first real divisive issue we have had here at PINKCOIN. I am with all the long term investors in that

1) the voting was a mess we need Jeb Bush in here to recount floridas ballots
2) this should be just to determine interest in the matter
3) there are over 2700 wallets for pinkcoin and 14 voted to change the name to pink
4) there were 13 people allowed to vote who voted pinkcoin
5) I like many other supporters were not allowed to vote

I am not going to make any bold statements like im going to dump all my pinkcoin if there is a name change but I understand those that do. That is our only real voice when not addressed properly is to use our coins to do the talking. Could one of the developers clearly state in this forum that we will not officially be changing the name.

This may happen naturally as was described earlier people always shorten the names of stuff.

All the work that has gone into promoting this coin has been mostly on twitter where everything official has PINKCOIN on it good luck starting from scratch with all the new people coming on board. It would not be suicide but would definently put us back couple months. But more importantly we would lose the support of key members of this community.

I had some real issues i would like to discuss today but until a developer puts this to rest Im not going to raise a new issue with this still lingering over our heads.

I Agree, We should vote by donating say 100 PINK to a designated wallet. {100} PINK for a Yes Vote {99} PINK for NO vote. Have members of the community Register a Wallet Address that they would like to use to Vote with to eliminate Voter Fraud. Then we can Donate the gathered funds to Charity or something and a true unbiased Poll can be conducted to hear the true will of the entire community.
boxxa

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:37:42 PM

I still don't understand how this is a vote
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:45:29 PM

Guys and gals,
I think you are doing this small name change to a big issue..

I am also thinking of when someone implements PinkCoin to there shop there will be an option like:

Pay with PinkCoin
or
Pay with PINK

Which sounds best?

PinkCoin soundsbetter then PINK in that case... and by time more and more shops will implement PinkCoin and it sounds much better if its name was PinkCoin and not PINK in this case, dont you think so?
boxxa

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:16:08 AM

Guys and gals,
I think you are doing this small name change to a big issue..

I am also thinking of when someone implements PinkCoin to there shop there will be an option like:

Pay with PinkCoin
or
Pay with PINK

Which sounds best?

PinkCoin soundsbetter then PINK in that case... and by time more and more shops will implement PinkCoin and it sounds much better if its name was PinkCoin and not PINK in this case, dont you think so?

Yes it sounds better but with the PINK name being spread out on the Internet there is such a hurt to rebrand it after the community has pushed so hard and even seeing new posters in this thread.
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:20:51 AM

Also as a google and SEO person and on board for wide adaptability of a crypto, you don't want to bury yourself in search results. I already hate that "bitcointalk pinkcoin" turns up the old pump and dump thread and really hope that can get deleted some day.

I am heavily vested in pinkcoin and have turned down a lot of buyouts of the SMS and wallet code already. If I was to profit short term, I would have exited pink as there is no 1000% swings which is good for long term stability. I just would like to see this grow and not these name changes same thing as there is a goal to not hard fork the coin for anything.

dump them for a good price and ill but them off the exchanges with escrow keeping the market at the same value and you can leave because you don't like pink .
Anoxxxy

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:11:48 AM

dump them for a good price and ill but them off the exchanges with escrow keeping the market at the same value and you can leave because you don't like pink .

Heyy, boxxa is a good guy and develops a sms gateway.. so think befoe you type anything whatever your intentions is!
Anoxxxy

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:42:05 AM

What do you think guys, should I create Texas PINK Hold'em Poker ?

Regards Anoxy
sonysasankan (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 02:11:15 AM

Guys guys.... we're not changing the name. Sorry... we've been busy as hell the last couple of days and forgot to follow up with the results of the poll. I had posted a response last night on the poll thread. Basically we're not changing the name. Not only do we have a majority wanting it pinkcoin, other factors like SEO plays a big role when we're going mainstream and getting more adoption. So there is not going to be another poll. Its in pinkcoin's best interest to keep the name as it is. All marketting and promotions will push forward with "pinkcoin", that is the cryptocurrency with a ticker symbol "PINK". Both Poloniex and Bittrex have agreed to change it, but its taking some time because a coin name change is quite a big deal in their back end. Shouldnt take long though imo. Thanks for all your support and passion guys. Stay PINK!!

Leave it Pinkcoin!

Pink is too broad and confusing. When people hear I bought Pinkcoin today they become curious and are more encouraged to look it up and potentially invest in the idea themselves. Saying I bought Pink today. Pink? What could have been pink? anything but whatever it was I'm not really interested in the mystery pink item now I'm off to think about something else. That's a potential lost investor based off confusion.

You have a valid point. But on the flip side, there is the stigma of colorcoin... to be in the same basket with blackcoin, blucoin, yellowcoin, orangecoin and even whitecoin, and pink being the least preferred "color". As far as I know, people tent to abreviate almost instinctively and casual conversation tend to have teh coin being called pink, rather than pinkcoin. We certiainly cannot control the public usage. This is just a poll to guage whether or not to eleminate the word "pinkcoin" from the websites, ANN page, etc. End of the day, it will be called whatever they are comfortable calling it Smiley

Eg: Dogecoin is popularly known as doge, but Litecoin or Peercoin is not known as Lite or peer.

Nobody buys Pinkcoin because of the Color, the color Pink just attracts females who are an untapped market in Crypto-Currency. People buy Pinkcoin because it is a Charity/Donation Oriented Platform like Dogecoin, and because Pinkcoin has a Cult-Like Following. Dogecoin is now a $30 million market cap coin on an account of their Cult-Like Following. It has very little to do with any innovations at all and especially nothing to do with the Color. 'Pink' is an already overused marketing ploy that is whitewash to new investors in Crypto Markets. Doge works because it is still new and fresh, Pinke would be better than Pink. If anything naming Pinkcoin 'Pink' would draw even more attention to a "Color Stigma". Regardless, to exclude honest voters because we are on Twitter exposing the World to Pinkcoin honestly befuddles me. We deserve to be counted, WE ARE A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY. Our followers, who we on Twitter encourage to invest in this new mysterious crypto currency stuff, need to hear the word 'Coin' after the word 'Pink' or they will not make a connection Between a Color shaded between Red and White and a CryptoCoin. #CHUUCH #PREACH #ALtruism #PINKCOIN

LOL... we haven't changed the name. It's still pinkcoin. The poll result was void because we realized "newbie" accounts were not able to vote and that an overwhelming majority of them wanted to keep the name as it is. #CHUUCH #PREACH Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
boxxa

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:24:52 AM

Lots of negative energy in this community
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: