Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:20:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A study shows that 80% of ICO is unreliable.  (Read 74 times)
bojokusugih (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:00:04 PM

A recent study showed that 80% of ICOs are unreliable, the research was conducted by Satis Group using available public data, while only 8% of tokens were able to exchange.

The company is proud to be ICO's chief advisory agency, and their research uses information obtained in the public domain entitled "ICO Quality: Development and Exchange". They continue to classify ICOS in various categories such as fraud, failure, death, shrinking, promising and success.

The results show that reaching up to 81% of ICO is considered a fraud. The people behind this ICO center never had any intention to continue the promoted project in the technical document.

The study reported that 6% of ICOs could be classified as failing products. The ICO are projects that can not fulfill their objectives for ICO and must return all funds from investors. They are crowdsales who can not fulfill their goals, and are classified as failed projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:17:40 PM

https://www.crypto-economy.net/en/a-study-shows-80-percent-of-icos-are-unreliable/ Just in case someone wondering where the source is. Sharing information is good,but please if you just 100% copy and pastingput the source, youll never get any credit by postingsomething like that.
Inspector2580

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:12:09 PM

it is true many icos are failure already. many are just there to stay for a while and then finally die off. but same is true for other businesses in the fiat-world.

The only issue is that the investor's money is what is at stake. One just have to be careful in making careful analysis in projects before joining in to invest else they should be ready to lose their money.

And ain't that what Crypto popular saying is? invest only what you are willing to lose.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:18:08 PM

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to say that most of the ICO are unreliable and Scams. Just look at how social media giants Facebook and Google and Twitter banning crypto ads because there are a lot of scammy ICO's out there.

But why are people still investing on ICO this days? Its because of the promise of good returns. So just be careful and do your own research so that you will not fall for the ICO trap.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:23:55 PM

Indeed but honestly i think we encountered many of this and i agree that ICOs are unreliable because there are some ICOs are scam once they reached their quota they just run a way like nothing happened or the they just leave the project after it made to the exchanges and this is the reason why google, facebook and twitter banned cryptocureency related ads
oneidentity

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:29:22 PM

It is clear that most of the projects that collect money now are unreliable and will die in the future. Not even because they are scammers, but because they do not have the resources and resources to implement their plans.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:38:19 PM

I think ICOs are the biggest problem in cryptocurrencies which must to be solved.
What is hapening in many of ICOs is normal. Because ICOs are not regulated and there is no legal contract between participants and the team behind the ICO. They can easily stole the money and then disappear. Participants can do nothing and are blamed for trusting those scammers.
Till now I have heard about many scam ICOs. But I have not heard of an arrested scammer.
cryptodevs

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:39:23 PM

It should be 99% if you asked me why? look at the percentage of scam ICOs over these legit ICOs today? you can barely see good ICOs nowadays because i have been participating with most of the bounties and we can even get a softcap not unlike from the previous years where most of the ICOs are getting success compare it today.
lucario21

Activity: 146
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:16:05 AM

It should be 99% if you asked me why? look at the percentage of scam ICOs over these legit ICOs today? you can barely see good ICOs nowadays because i have been participating with most of the bounties and we can even get a softcap not unlike from the previous years where most of the ICOs are getting success compare it today.

So are you saying that some bounty managers like yahoo, sylon, atriz, needmoney and deadley are gambling their name from illegitimate ICO. Maybe you should provide some facts or evidence before dropping your stats because it might cause confussion for other members.

(((   BIDIUM.io   )))    ICO ACTIVE
█████████  JOIN NOW!  █████████
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:44:54 AM

Sharing information is good,but please if you just 100% copy and pastingput the source, youll never get any credit by postingsomething like that.
He could get a ban for not sharing the source and just posting the topic, it is Plagiarism.

I think ICOs are the biggest problem in cryptocurrencies which must to be solved.
What is hapening in many of ICOs is normal. Because ICOs are not regulated and there is no legal contract between participants and the team behind the ICO. They can easily stole the money and then disappear. Participants can do nothing and are blamed for trusting those scammers.
Till now I have heard about many scam ICOs. But I have not heard of an arrested scammer.
It is a big problem in this market and i am not sure when we will have a solution for this dark side of the market, in order to have a full stop in this fake ICO market all the countries must have some kind of regulation, if not all those scams will arise from the place there is no regulation and since it is an open market anything is possible and it is true that no one was arrested in these millions of dollars worth of scams.
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:06:28 AM

The percentage is well above 90%. Most of the ICO projects launched last year have already failed for your information. And the current ICOs launching are in even worse condition. Until there is some regulation in the ICO market one should stay away from them.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:22:19 AM

Sad to say this but this is true. Only few survives in the market and the rest just failed. Most of the incoming icos are just scam and all they do is promise until investors losses their investment. Every ico are almost similar now a days and it's really hard to differentiate whether it's legit or not.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:29:07 AM

The percentage is well above 90%. Most of the ICO projects launched last year have already failed for your information. And the current ICOs launching are in even worse condition. Until there is some regulation in the ICO market one should stay away from them.
The majority of them don't even reach the hardcap and that means if the majority of them can't attract a lot of attention from investors. Only the promising ico will have reached the hardcap on its crowdsale.
The majority of them failed to reach the funding for the various reasons and i think that the majority of investors are really smart in these days. But centra can become an evidence for this one. Incompetence person only needs money to build ico.
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:31:20 AM

it is true many icos are failure already. many are just there to stay for a while and then finally die off. but same is true for other businesses in the fiat-world.

The only issue is that the investor's money is what is at stake. One just have to be careful in making careful analysis in projects before joining in to invest else they should be ready to lose their money.

And ain't that what Crypto popular saying is? invest only what you are willing to lose.

I agree that you should only invest what you're willing to lose but a lot of ICOs are still sometimes scams, and not just unreliable or fail sometimes.

Of course, there's not much you can do about it but to learn from mistakes and experience and try to invest better.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: