Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:01:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Block Party @ Car Free Day  (Read 928 times)
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:18:04 AM

Get ready for June 15! If you haven't heard of Car Free Day, it's one of Vancouver's biggest festivals, and is expected to bring about 250,000 people. It is free to attend and gets a lot of media attention. This will be its 4th year in operation; the city has been raising their permit costs each year, so they have been very aggressive in seeking sponsors, and some of them are annoyed with the government (at least the municipal one). With that, I was able to organize a Crypto Block Party:

I chose this block on Main Street because it holds the Vera's Burger Shack that accepts Bitcoin. About 100,000 people are expected to go by. We are going to raise the Bitcoin flag (it's the most recognizable crypto image to most people) over the roof, and spread cryptocurrency to as many nearby businesses and passersby as we can. We've already made some progress. Smiley

By promising to do this in a non-profit fashion, I was able to rent the block for only $2,500 in BTC. My intention is to divide the cost evenly, and at current estimates that means I'll be asking people for $250 in cryptocurrency, with discounts given to <i>some</i> non-profit organizations and a $50 rate for crypto artists. That makes this the cheapest festival of its size and level of publicity at which to get a booth, no matter who you are.

The Co-op will participate fully, meaning I and/or other members will contribute $250 BTC. I am hoping to earn the participation of other organizations, like the BAC and the Canadian Foundation. In addition to getting a booth on the block, such organizations get equal representation on the event image and flag, your logo icon being displayed alongside ours (smaller than the more-prominent Bitcoin symbol, which we should all be a fan of).

I'm open to all manner of partnership/sponsorship opportunities with this, so please PM me here or email at a.j.wagner.89@gmail.com if you're interested, and tell whomever you know! This will be featured in both mainstream and cryptocurrency media. Any leftover funds will be used on decorations and party supplies to make our Crypto Block Party fun.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 02:24:25 PM

We're now listed as an official community partner to Car Free Vancouver. We're on the City of Vancouver's turf!  >Smiley http://www.carfreevancouver.org/supporters/

We also made the Georgia Straight http://www.straight.com/life/663741/geek-gatherings-span-bitcoin-3-d-printing-vancouver

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: