Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:27:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ELT] Electron, Blake-256 coin, merged mined  (Read 56421 times)
electron-coin (OP)

Activity: 521
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:59:58 PM

Updates on BlakeTrader.

Changed the Lithium client to the latest built by Cinnamon.  Things have been running smoothly so keeping my fingers crossed.

There has also been an attack by an individual manipulating the market rates.  Some coins were lost.  It was my fault/laziness for not coding the rate-checking codes sooner.  The reserves took a hit, but this should be replenished over next few weeks.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:58:00 PM

I am thinking of changing the reward structure of ELT from

Year 1, 20 per block
Year 2 on, 10 per block

To 

Year 1, 20 per block
Year 2, 10 per block
Year 3 on, 5 per block

Will put this into the source code next month. Please let me know if anybody have any objections or any other suggestions.  Clients will need to be updated by May, 2016 or so.

▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 07:15:02 AM

New wallet in line with the most recent code fixes to coin control as pushed to github by bluedragon747

Here she is https://github.com/Electron-Coin2014/Electron-ELT/releases/tag/v0.8.9.3a

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:38:22 PM

I am thinking of changing the reward structure of ELT from

Year 1, 20 per block
Year 2 on, 10 per block

To

Year 1, 20 per block
Year 2, 10 per block
Year 3 on, 5 per block

Will put this into the source code next month. Please let me know if anybody have any objections or any other suggestions.  Clients will need to be updated by May, 2016 or so.

Thanks Blue/Cinnamon for updating the client and adding coin-control =)

I updated the source files.  These are not urgent and can be incorporated into the next client release:

1.  Changed the reward structure as proposed earlier.  Instead of 10 coins per block after block 525,600 indefinitely, reward will now be 10 coins per block after block 525,600, then 5 coins per block after block 1,051,200 with no further decreases in block reward.
2.  Added a recent check point

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 07:21:10 PM

CryptoCoin Explorer Version 4.0 development announcement.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922521.0

New official general CCE discussion thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922515.0

electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:13:33 AM

CryptoCoin Explorer Version 4.0 development announcement.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922521.0

New official general CCE discussion thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922515.0

Looking forward to it!  Wink

electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 08:28:40 PM

For BlakeTrader, please be reminded of the trading limits.  Getting lots of under-limit trades lately.

http://blaketrader.com/tradinglimits.php

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 07:16:56 AM

under limit, hmmm dust,  sounds like people are mining to your inputs.......   

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:09:55 PM

Yeah, looks like mining outputs to me too

electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:15:41 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 01:09:37 AM by electron-coin

Having some trouble with the dogecoin client on BlakeTrader.  Please hold off on trading with dogecoin for now.  Will post once this is resolved.  Thanks.

EDIT:  The issue with the doge client is resolved. Everything should be ok now.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 05:43:32 PM

Concerning CryptoCoinExplorer:  elt.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Over the last month or so, there has been more downtime then normal. This is due to server restarts by the server provider.

Before the recent incidents, server restarts were a relatively rare occurrence.When CCE 3.5 was written last year, unattended restarts were not a major consideration.
I do not run a startup script for CCE servers as I prefer to manually restart CCE 3.5 explorers.
This is to ensure the startup goes smooth as there are a couple of issues, though rare, that could come up.

Development of CCE 4 started a few months ago and the database loader is at a state that it could be deployed.
The CCE 4 database loader is very restart friendly and also much more fault/error tolerant then the CCE 3.5 loader.

In light of these recent events, I am going to write a modified version of the CCE 4 database loader that will work with CCE 3.5 databases.

This will allow me to confidently use a server startup script to start the explorers unattended whenever there is a restart.

The plan is to have this deployed over the weekend/early next week.

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.
electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:15:32 AM

Concerning CryptoCoinExplorer:  elt.cryptocoinexplorer.com

Over the last month or so, there has been more downtime then normal. This is due to server restarts by the server provider.

Before the recent incidents, server restarts were a relatively rare occurrence.When CCE 3.5 was written last year, unattended restarts were not a major consideration.
I do not run a startup script for CCE servers as I prefer to manually restart CCE 3.5 explorers.
This is to ensure the startup goes smooth as there are a couple of issues, though rare, that could come up.

Development of CCE 4 started a few months ago and the database loader is at a state that it could be deployed.
The CCE 4 database loader is very restart friendly and also much more fault/error tolerant then the CCE 3.5 loader.

In light of these recent events, I am going to write a modified version of the CCE 4 database loader that will work with CCE 3.5 databases.

This will allow me to confidently use a server startup script to start the explorers unattended whenever there is a restart.

The plan is to have this deployed over the weekend/early next week.

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.
no problem. Thanks for working on it

electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:56:29 AM

In case you haven't heard or seen it on the BLC thread, the @tipElectron tip bot is open for beta testing.  Please see http://electron.tips for info.  Thanks.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 01:07:00 AM

Concerning the CCE explorer at: elt.cryptocoinexplorer.com

The new database loader has been patched into all the explorers and restart tests were done over the last few days.

I know it appears that CCE 4 is taking a long time in development, but I want to make sure that everything is running as good as possible and future improvements will not involve the amount of rewriting I am doing from 3.5 to 4.0. It took a couple of months to decide the final structure of the database loader for 4.0. The database loader is only half the equation, the web server is now the development focus and the part that will tested in the in public beta. I guess if one good thing came out of the retro fitting of 4.0, it is that the database loader code will be well tested even before the live beta.

I have decided to release a base version of the  database loader for 4.0 as open source. I have been taking time with the database loader (and its associated modules) to make it open source friendly.
This will most likely be released at the same time CCE 4 is deployed to take advantage of the PR opportunity. I think people might be surprised at how small the modules are for the loader, but it has always been one of my goals to create explorer code as lite as possible in both length and resources. There are 4 modules that make up the database loader and combined are just shy of 800 lines. I still have more to do with the statistics module, but what will be released in the open source version is there. The CCE 3.5 web server, which is the base of writing the CCE 4.0 web server, is composed of two modules and combined is a bit over 800 lines.

There are so many options being added to CCE 4 that most likely it will be offered in a tiered format. From very basic free explorers (text like with only a couple, if any, API commands) with advertisement type funding to a top tier with things like blockchain downloads updated weekly, coin client downloads, user accounts, advanced API features for statistics and "lite" clients , user and developer explorer customizations, coin website hosting and much more. Much of this is covered in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922521.0
Once a larger chunk of the new features is finalized, I will  post them in the CCE 4.0 thread. Please offer any ideas for features you might want in that thread.

The point is, CCE 4 is going to be a different beast from CCE 3.5. It is turning out to be a complete rewrite. I believe in the end, it will be worth the wait.
electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:02:30 AM

Sounds good! Looking forward to it!

800 lines of code?! That's lean!  You don't want to know how many lines of code is in the tip bot. The tip bot will sound like a fat pig in comparison lol

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 05:23:42 AM

tip bot is gr8 :-))

Sounds good! Looking forward to it!

800 lines of code?! That's lean!  You don't want to know how many lines of code is in the tip bot. The tip bot will sound like a fat pig in comparison lol

Check out my coin Photon

electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:53:05 PM

Thanks Cinnamon!

electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:52:39 PM

FYI, we are about 2 weeks from the reward halving.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 07:29:22 PM

wow , time sure flies !!

FYI, we are about 2 weeks from the reward halving.

Check out my coin Photon

electron-coin (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:37:15 PM

yeah, time flies.  Coming up on 1 year next week =)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: