Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:50:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: SELL or BUY your Bitcointalk account HERE.  (Read 7679 times)
xXTMC3Xx

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:37:49 PM

A Hero account with 10k+ activity for 3btc?
Unlikely but not completely implausible
It facilitates commerce also, it's not just about sig campaigns...

can also be a false buy to build reputation for that scammer
How could anyone have more than 1k+ activity? I've personally never seen anyone have more than 1k, not even 1k if i remember good.
If so please correct me and give me an link!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=23092

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:01:53 AM

How could anyone have more than 1k+ activity? I've personally never seen anyone have more than 1k, not even 1k if i remember good.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=23092

Theymos
Dooglus
BadBear

Only 3 examples
BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:13:57 AM

it seems you do not understand well about this forum
I often see someone who exceed 1k activity activity
and now those who have activity above 730 up to 1k activity is no longer a hero but legendary
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:21:15 AM

Isn't selling an account on BCT un-ethical? I know its allowed by BCT, but just think of the repercussions?

If i were a scammer, i would go ahead and purchase one of the trusted senior member accounts and then go around spreading news about a new coin i developed. Since the member is a Senior / Hero member, most people would believe what is being said and may invest. The scammer can take all funds and run! I cant see one good use of buying a Sr. Member / Hero Member account from the buyer. I am sure most of the time they are bought with malicious intent. Maybe BCT should not allow people to sell their accounts this way!

Maybe i just need to stop trusting whatever i hear from Sr. / hero members in future or just take it with a pinch of salt! Cheesy

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:57:01 AM

Isn't selling an account on BCT un-ethical? I know its allowed by BCT, but just think of the repercussions?

If i were a scammer, i would go ahead and purchase one of the trusted senior member accounts and then go around spreading news about a new coin i developed. Since the member is a Senior / Hero member, most people would believe what is being said and may invest. The scammer can take all funds and run! I cant see one good use of buying a Sr. Member / Hero Member account from the buyer. I am sure most of the time they are bought with malicious intent. Maybe BCT should not allow people to sell their accounts this way!

Maybe i just need to stop trusting whatever i hear from Sr. / hero members in future or just take it with a pinch of salt! Cheesy

Account trade is allowed because there is no way to stop it to happen behind the scenes, so there is no false sensation that everything is fine and sock puppets do no exist.
I think most of the times the accounts are bought for signature programs, scammers just create their own accounts or use newbie accounts to scam, because seniors and hero accounts aren't cheap and they risk being themselves scammed if they buy.
Also don't trust hero and seniors only because they are hero and senior is a good thing that everyone should make.

micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:03:34 AM

Account trade is allowed because there is no way to stop it to happen behind the scenes, so there is no false sensation that everything is fine and sock puppets do no exist.
I think most of the times the accounts are bought for signature programs, scammers just create their own accounts or use newbie accounts to scam, because seniors and hero accounts aren't cheap and they risk being themselves scammed if they buy.
Also don't trust hero and seniors only because they are hero and senior is a good thing that everyone should make.

Hi Jabberwock,

Thanks for your reply!

I was just reading another thread on here somewhere where a Legendary member was asking for a loan and the loan was advanced to that person, predictably because of their ranking. The Legendary member then went AWOL after taking loans from several people. I know they should have probably taken collateral, but they were probably mesmerized by the Ranking and felt they had nothing to lose. These are the kind of things i am worried about where these accounts can be misused. I understand that there is no mechanism to keep these things in check, but always wish there was a way to prevent such sales. Wishful thinking i suppose! Smiley

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:44:10 AM

Hi Jabberwock,

Thanks for your reply!

I was just reading another thread on here somewhere where a Legendary member was asking for a loan and the loan was advanced to that person, predictably because of their ranking. The Legendary member then went AWOL after taking loans from several people. I know they should have probably taken collateral, but they were probably mesmerized by the Ranking and felt they had nothing to lose. These are the kind of things i am worried about where these accounts can be misused. I understand that there is no mechanism to keep these things in check, but always wish there was a way to prevent such sales. Wishful thinking i suppose! Smiley

Do you really think that spending time or posting on a forum creates reputation? That's an old trick that people have always pulled on forums -- padding post count to give the appearance of reputation. Activity was just a recent addition. But honestly, if you can't see past that when dealing with real money, you're just gonna get burned on the next trade, until you learn. My two cents....
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:19:17 AM

it seems you do not understand well about this forum
I often see someone who exceed 1k activity activity
and now those who have activity above 730 up to 1k activity is no longer a hero but legendary
I do understand it the thing i wanted to point out is that there are only few members (read probably less than 50) with 1k+ activity and there is no way anyone would have 10k activity?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: