Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:41:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716613 times)
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 03:12:09 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2016, 07:05:59 PM by URSAY

How about the merge with coin2 now they lost their captain too?

Speaking from my experience in community alt coins, I think users need to think realistically.  This coin hasn't had a Mac wallet for quite some time.  This potentially shows that there hasn't even been low level dev interest in hyper for quite a while.  Finding a dev just to maintain the coin in it's current state will not be an easy task.  While a coin merger with coin2 sounds cool, I just don't see any dev willing to take this complexity on.  Baby steps...

Instead of dreaming about the future of hyper and making suggestions about how the coin should evolve I think users need to start organizing and suggesting how they can donate their own time and funds to keep hyper alive as it currently exists.

Personally, I'd consider creating a Slack group where volunteers can start discussing their skills, their availability, and how best to push forward.  Shall we?  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 04:09:46 PM

Instead of dreaming about the future of hyper and making suggestions about how the coin should evolve I think users need to start organizing and suggesting how they can donate their own time and funds to keep hyper alive as it currently exists.

The coin in its current state code wise cannot be sustained. Bunnies cry when my wallet needs to be restarted, it takes a minimum of 45 minutes just to open up and a whole lot longer to sync.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 07:23:17 PM

The coin in its current state code wise cannot be sustained. Bunnies cry when my wallet needs to be restarted, it takes a minimum of 45 minutes just to open up and a whole lot longer to sync.

Same here. I gave up trying to load the wallet when doing anything else. I just do it overnight now and merge inputs/close wallet when I wake up so it doesn't keep crippling my system.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
cryptoskibum

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 03:34:48 AM

new wallet is a must. Definitely interested to see where we can take the coin. Decentralized development team and democratic formation of staking and rules could lead to something special.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2016, 06:02:17 AM

I created a new poll thread for the voting for what happens with HYPER. This is to make it easier to read and determine what other people want. Please go here and place your vote.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1682429
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:09:15 AM

Speaking from my experience in community alt coins, I think users need to think realistically.  This coin hasn't had a Mac wallet for quite some time.  This potentially shows that there hasn't even been low level dev interest in hyper for quite a while.  Finding a dev just to maintain the coin in it's current state will not be an easy task.  While a coin merger with coin2 sounds cool, I just don't see any dev willing to take this complexity on.  Baby steps...

Personally, I'd consider creating a Slack group where volunteers can start discussing their skills, their availability, and how best to push forward.  Shall we?  Smiley

The problem with slack for me is that it does not attract any new people to the community because most new people find crypto through this board. However I am up for discussing the way forward here. I see quite a few people voted on the main board poll.

Coin2 is very useful in having a polo listing even some huge coins are not listed there yet.

All we really need is a POS developer to make us a new coin based on a very clean codebase I heard amsterdam coin is the most updated POS or even just use blackcoins straight POS3 or cbx POSp.

The option can be we take the market cap of both coins in a snap shot. Actually coin 2 is roughly double hypers. Which I am not saying is justified and I own far more hyper anyway. That is due to polo listing I guess.

Anyway so a simply way would be take the combined MC of 150k  and created a coin with 150,000,000 coins. We do a coins swap or even a clams type wallet where you enter your coin2 wallet and get 2x the new coin and enter your hyper and get 1x the new coin.

To create a Brand new POS3 or POSp coin on a clean non buggy code base is perhaps 0.5BTC then we need the servers and stuff to host the nodes and explorer etc. Would be nice to have a lite wallet  too. Obviously android ios wallets and other things can come later. Most importantly we need the big communities we had before to return. I think a brand new start and rebranding could help.

As to keeping a dedicated developer there needs to be incentive so we may want to consider coding in a block tax to a multi sig dev wallet to which the new dev (we can attract) and a few TRUSTED members of this community have dibs on to release the dev funds as and when work is needed.

I think time is the most important factor.

Donations DO NOT WORK nobody wants to pay for everyone else to benefit. So to raise the required BTC (if the dev will not initially dev for hyp3r ) then we need to say something like we either give them super POS rewards for one year like Diamond did or else mint some extra coins with the new coin in a Contributors wallet that will only be released to them over time for the BTC they donate now to get this project started. We need to null the old dev fund pot anyway so that could be divided out to those that contribute BTC now and a hyper rate 10% below market price now to give incentive to donate BTC.

If we hang around and Coin2 loses polo then that is a big blow for us all. If hyper loses trex then its going to be even worse.

Hyper had a large community as did COIn2 if anyone here has skills to create a bot to message all in all the old threads of hyper and coin2 to join in this discussion and get things moving I think that would be the best way forward. If coin2 does not want to join then we can push ahead on our own but would be great to see hyp3r on polo.

Whatever we do let try to get on with it asap.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 12:41:02 PM

Speaking from my experience in community alt coins, I think users need to think realistically.  This coin hasn't had a Mac wallet for quite some time.  This potentially shows that there hasn't even been low level dev interest in hyper for quite a while.  Finding a dev just to maintain the coin in it's current state will not be an easy task.  While a coin merger with coin2 sounds cool, I just don't see any dev willing to take this complexity on.  Baby steps...

Personally, I'd consider creating a Slack group where volunteers can start discussing their skills, their availability, and how best to push forward.  Shall we?  Smiley

The problem with slack for me is that it does not attract any new people to the community because most new people find crypto through this board. However I am up for discussing the way forward here. I see quite a few people voted on the main board poll.

Coin2 is very useful in having a polo listing even some huge coins are not listed there yet.

All we really need is a POS developer to make us a new coin based on a very clean codebase I heard amsterdam coin is the most updated POS or even just use blackcoins straight POS3 or cbx POSp.

The option can be we take the market cap of both coins in a snap shot. Actually coin 2 is roughly double hypers. Which I am not saying is justified and I own far more hyper anyway. That is due to polo listing I guess.

Anyway so a simply way would be take the combined MC of 150k  and created a coin with 150,000,000 coins. We do a coins swap or even a clams type wallet where you enter your coin2 wallet and get 2x the new coin and enter your hyper and get 1x the new coin.

To create a Brand new POS3 or POSp coin on a clean non buggy code base is perhaps 0.5BTC then we need the servers and stuff to host the nodes and explorer etc. Would be nice to have a lite wallet  too. Obviously android ios wallets and other things can come later. Most importantly we need the big communities we had before to return. I think a brand new start and rebranding could help.

As to keeping a dedicated developer there needs to be incentive so we may want to consider coding in a block tax to a multi sig dev wallet to which the new dev (we can attract) and a few TRUSTED members of this community have dibs on to release the dev funds as and when work is needed.

Donations DO NOT WORK nobody wants to pay for everyone else to benefit. So to raise the required BTC (if the dev will not initially dev for hyp3r ) then we need to say something like we either give them super POS rewards for one year like Diamond did or else mint some extra coins with the new coin in a Contributors wallet that will only be released to them over time for the BTC they donate now to get this project started. We need to null the old dev fund pot anyway so that could be divided out to those that contribute BTC now and a hyper rate 10% below market price now to give incentive to donate BTC.

If we hang around and Coin2 loses polo then that is a big blow for us all. If hyper loses trex then its going to be even worse.

Hyper had a large community as did COIn2 if anyone here has skills to create a bot to message all in all the old threads of hyper and coin2 to join in this discussion and get things moving I think that would be the best way forward. If coin2 does not want to join then we can push ahead on our own but would be great to see hyp3r on polo.

It might be better in the long run to just hire a developer on an as needed basis. A new wallet or a new coin for example has a set price. We can pay this price and then go forward from there. If I have to I'll fund it myself. Relying on one dev is what got us into this position and I believe it would be best to not repeat that mistake. With this method we rely on ourselves to make sure this continues going forward as it should be.

To be frank, I don't see the need to have someone copy/paste us a new coin and then still continue to receive dividends that could go to those keeping the coin going through stakes.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:22:51 PM

Speaking from my experience in community alt coins, I think users need to think realistically.  This coin hasn't had a Mac wallet for quite some time.  This potentially shows that there hasn't even been low level dev interest in hyper for quite a while.  Finding a dev just to maintain the coin in it's current state will not be an easy task.  While a coin merger with coin2 sounds cool, I just don't see any dev willing to take this complexity on.  Baby steps...

Personally, I'd consider creating a Slack group where volunteers can start discussing their skills, their availability, and how best to push forward.  Shall we?  Smiley

Anyway so a simply way would be take the combined MC of 150k  and created a coin with 150,000,000 coins. We do a coins swap or even a clams type wallet where you enter your coin2 wallet and get 2x the new coin and enter your hyper and get 1x the new coin.

To create a Brand new POS3 or POSp coin on a clean non buggy code base is perhaps 0.5BTC then we need the servers and stuff to host the nodes and explorer etc. Would be nice to have a lite wallet  too. Obviously android ios wallets and other things can come later. Most importantly we need the big communities we had before to return. I think a brand new start and rebranding could help.

It might be better in the long run to just hire a developer on an as needed basis. A new wallet or a new coin for example has a set price. We can pay this price and then go forward from there. If I have to I'll fund it myself. Relying on one dev is what got us into this position and I believe it would be best to not repeat that mistake. With this method we rely on ourselves to make sure this continues going forward as it should be.

To be frank, I don't see the need to have someone copy/paste us a new coin and then still continue to receive dividends that could go to those keeping the coin going through stakes.

1. I'm with you on the relying on one dev but it is good to have a dev that is interested in seeing the coin do well.

2. They will not receive something for nothing forever. There would be a developer pot accruing that can be used as and when community sees fit ..can be to pay the dev from improvements or fund projects. Although yes it was just an idea.

Overall I agree with what you are saying though but I'm not sure if you understood what I meant about the block tax. Those coins from the block tax can be used for anything the community wants. They can also be sent to a burn address if they accrue to too larger amount as to worry investors or holders.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 09:28:36 PM

1. I'm with you on the relying on one dev but it is good to have a dev that is interested in seeing the coin do well.

2. They will not receive something for nothing forever. There would be a developer pot accruing that can be used as and when community sees fit ..can be to pay the dev from improvements or fund projects. Although yes it was just an idea.

Overall I agree with what you are saying though but I'm not sure if you understood what I meant about the block tax. Those coins from the block tax can be used for anything the community wants. They can also be sent to a burn address if they accrue to too larger amount as to worry investors or holders.

I understand what you mean and a sort of community dev fund funded this way does sound great but in order for it to be effective it would have to be a large percent and would most likely have a negative impact like it did with Zcash. A small percent of transactions wouldn't be enough to fund any projects for a long time until it builds up enough.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:08:25 PM

I understand what you mean and a sort of community dev fund funded this way does sound great but in order for it to be effective it would have to be a large percent and would most likely have a negative impact like it did with Zcash. A small percent of transactions wouldn't be enough to fund any projects for a long time until it builds up enough.

Perhaps then we just readdress the hyper dev fund there is now to a real dev pot with multi sig and a small block tax for long term future developments.  All these things are not as important as time. Exchanges are getting real picky now. A polo listing is like gold.

pablocality

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

i.imgur.com/RK7GDbw.jpg

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 07:17:48 PM

Glad to see the chatter taking place here.  Sorry I have not been around too much, life is busy.  I will try to stop by more often and keep up on the news.  I like all the ideas.  I also like the name hyp3r.  It adds a challenge for some people to locate the correct coin, particularly if told audibly about it, but with gamers being the main users, I do not see it as much of a problem.

The wallet, other than a backend fix (we all know it is slow and a big resource hog) also needs a new visual appearance.  I also propose we remove the staking chart or change it.  It really makes no sense, especially to new users.  Confusing elements are not necessary when it comes to anything.
Macr0

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 07:37:48 PM

Hi folks here! I like the new name HYP3R!
I still have some coins in my wallet... never dumped. Sad the dev. is gone...  Cry

So we look for a new wallet?  Smiley
Sounds great! We have to do it this time!
If we need to get some BTC i try to help for sure!
We shoud be enough in this community to get the money easy for that!

NAV Coin - Valence | Decentralized & Simplified | Crypto - VApps and more: https://navcoin.org/ - https://valenceplatform.org/ - https://navhub.org/roadmap/
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 03:28:36 PM

Hi folks here! I like the new name HYP3R!
I still have some coins in my wallet... never dumped. Sad the dev. is gone...  Cry

So we look for a new wallet?  Smiley
Sounds great! We have to do it this time!
If we need to get some BTC i try to help for sure!
We shoud be enough in this community to get the money easy for that!

This is exactly the spirit we need.
Any other people still there in the hyper community?

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:44:27 PM

Is there any progress on finding a capable developer that's willing to do so though? And if so, what cost range are we looking at now?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 10:02:07 PM

Is there any progress on finding a capable developer that's willing to do so though? And if so, what cost range are we looking at now?

I know of a couple people that can do it, not sure on the price yet though as I haven't asked. Waiting to see what the community decides for the route HYPER takes.
Macr0

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:00:59 AM

Hi folks!
So what are your opinions for new stake rates?
Maybe it's good to start with a "high rate" (lower then current) and go down after some time to a final rate?

And what about services from cashncarry.info like their twitch tipbot and ingame plugs for using HYPER?
I hope they survive!  Kiss
A new fast wallet could bring attention back for those, they easy to use or implement.
Never understood why big streamers never adopted that...  maybe that will change...  Smiley

NAV Coin - Valence | Decentralized & Simplified | Crypto - VApps and more: https://navcoin.org/ - https://valenceplatform.org/ - https://navhub.org/roadmap/
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 07:57:16 AM

I know of a couple people that can do it, not sure on the price yet though as I haven't asked. Waiting to see what the community decides for the route HYPER takes.

So far it's been pretty overwhelming to move to a new coin. As a new person to add to the dev list, this one has a good reputation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=777604.0

Seems to be fairly affordable as well.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 10:42:49 AM

So far it's been pretty overwhelming to move to a new coin. As a new person to add to the dev list, this one has a good reputation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=777604.0

Not a bad find. $325 for the whole thing, node for a month, set of wallets, and a website.

If this is eventually done I'll contribute $100 in btc towards it.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 12:23:05 PM

Not a bad find. $325 for the whole thing, node for a month, set of wallets, and a website.

I have spoken to  a devloper that may be able to help. We need a POS expert that can work with POS3 or POSP

Which dev created the gamebet coin? or whatever it was called that scam coin that allowed betting on virtual matches etc? Anyone knows who created it and for how much? that coins was working rather well last time i tried it.

You are looking at about 1.5 BTC for a POS 3 coin and a coin swap. I wonder if they could create it like clams where we just put in our old hyper wallets or coin2 wallets and hyp3r appears?

Or if we dont join with coin2 then just make it like that for hyper. I think best policy is only pay when coin is successfully created and swapped over and everything we want completed.

To raise the 1.5btc i was quoted for doing the same thing for another coin I guess there needs to be some reason for people to donate. I would suggest the old dev fund nulled and sold off to raise the 1.5BTC. I.E selling hyper at market rates now of 700 sats (given over after new coin up and running). Actually that quote was for fixing a broken chain so maybe because hypers chain is functional it will cost even less.

Unless we can find say 15 people to put in 0.1 each as donations or something.

Are we even considering joining with coin2? i vote for yes if we can get on poloniex and pair up with coin2 community we can get going on something much larger also easier to raise funds.

If anyone can find a dev to bring us to a new pos3 or posp code base and a swap for cheaper thats cool lets go with them if you want to. However who ever we go with let's make it an escrow deal where we are sure to get what we want before handing over the funds.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 12:32:19 PM

Will you consider taking over hyper ? or ranlo? or is there some other old established member here who will take the lead?  someone needs to take over the dev pot if the cone is cloned with that in tact and use it for some good use.

Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: