Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:27:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716613 times)
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:54:41 PM

To be honest I am still hesitant to give anyone 500 000 HYPER (the main MMO development fund), but if that's what it takes to get HYPER back into orbit then so be it. I am still in discussion with a number of members about this and will have more updates soon.

Is getting TokyoGhetto back on board a possibility? Really, I know you've lost a lot of long-term PoS coin holders that he brought on. If you give them a reason to hold, they will. The rate on HYPER is comparable to other mid-level PoS coins and the daily compounding is interesting.

I dont know why you still want to bring him back. He didnt bring anyone, he just managed to get everyone away.

My involvement did bring people in. People who read this thread and people who read my HBN Journal. The second it was made public I was leaving, the price plummeted. Keep telling yourself I didn't bring people in, just know you are telling yourself lies.

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jjj0923

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:56:55 PM

To be honest I am still hesitant to give anyone 500 000 HYPER (the main MMO development fund), but if that's what it takes to get HYPER back into orbit then so be it. I am still in discussion with a number of members about this and will have more updates soon.

Is getting TokyoGhetto back on board a possibility? Really, I know you've lost a lot of long-term PoS coin holders that he brought on. If you give them a reason to hold, they will. The rate on HYPER is comparable to other mid-level PoS coins and the daily compounding is interesting.

I dont know why you still want to bring him back. He didnt bring anyone, he just managed to get everyone away.

My involvement did bring people in. People who read this thread and people who read my HBN Journal. The second it was made public I was leaving, the price plummeted. Keep telling yourself I didn't bring people in, just know you are telling yourself lies.

I think you should go - it clear you're only interested in yourself especially since you chose to dump the coins as soon as they were given to you and NO ONE coin should be dependent on any single person.

we will find lots of others to support the coin.

I vote for you to be out of this coin and not involved.

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
HYPERfuture (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:57:12 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 02:07:32 PM by HYPERfuture

I don't think this would be well received by key members of the HYPER community. HYPER will succeed based on its own merits, as the first PoS coin with a diverse ecosystem backing it, and unprecedented projects such as the space based MMO currently in development.

EDIT: There was a time when what you suggest may have been possible - but I don't think it is possible now after what has transpired. HYPER got pumped because it hit BIttrex. Not because of we all know who.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
Attilaloe

Activity: 326

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:59:04 PM

I think you should go - it clear you're only interested in yourself especially since you chose to dump the coins as soon as they were given to you and NO ONE coin should be dependent on any single person.

I think, not from a coin valuable, secure that no what people say about it, it would be too dangerous. The true value of a coin behind the development team and the support of the community are jointly determined. Trust invested in it =
real value.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:01:12 PM

I sold my coins so what? I wasn't obligated to keep them. Tell me where it says I am not allowed to sell my coins. I didn't dump I sold at a single price to a single person. I already provided proof of that. The rest of the market dumped when they found out I was no longer involved.

You say NO ONE coin should be dependent on any single person, but yet you guys are all depending on Hyperfuture to deliver. His lack of action caused people to panic dump at low prices, causing them to lose a whole bunch of BTC.

Geenstijl
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:12:28 PM

I think, not from a coin valuable, secure that no what people say about it, it would be too dangerous. The true value of a coin behind the development team and the support of the community are jointly determined. Trust invested in it =
real value.

Exactly. Everyone is allowed to have an own opinion, but dont let it be dominated by personal conflicts. This is a coin with a clear goal: usage by games and the development of an own MMO. Every visible result that contributes to achieving this goal should be ur reason to invest in this coin.

There have been accusations, but i think it was never necessairy for all of this to get out of hand like this. Tokyoghetto had some valid arguments, but so did HYPERfuture. Hyperfuture reacted by promising full transparency of all the funds, which he already started with. Too bad it all got emotional and had to involve all this public mudthrowing.

This coins has actively achieved results considering media-coverage which other altcoins have never had. Besides the devs have been actively involved in sharing updates on how they are progressing.

They even took time to personally message community members to inform them about news. I have faith in the dev team and a good end to this project.
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:18:08 PM

I'm not willing to discuss the above any further. As I've said before it's in the past and doesn't concern myself, or HYPER any longer. It's a waste of NRG which I would rather channel into making HYPER awesome! I'm focused on the future of HYPER NOW Smiley

Just to recap today's big developments:

Important HYPER updates!

The MMO Outreach Fund (for offering bounties to get HYPER accepted as an in-game currency in currently existing virtual worlds etc) has been established with 200 000 K HYPER at this address: http://hyper.blockexplorer.cc/address/HJCFQjBCapWiTQUiAZ66BVsdycFBK12Auz

The HYPER General Marketing Fund has been established with 150 K HYPER at this address: http://hyper.blockexplorer.cc/address/HUhjjQBqLCGFMYm9Umtk42jWQNDqS7caV4

Deductions from both funds will only take place to pay people who are contributing to the objectives of the fund. The wallet will be opened daily, so coins can compound increasing the value of the fund. Fund activity for both funds will be entirely transparent via the HYPER blockchain

After the primary 500 000 MMO Development Fund is in escrow (still working on that) there will be 386 000 HYPER left for bounties to get HYPER back into the stratosphere. At a later date, any HYPER left over from bounties, will be rolled back into the other funds.

An IPO is still being considered to raise BTC for the Market Stabilization fund, if this does go ahead the market fund will be BTC only, there is no point dedicating HYPER to the Market Fund, and selling HYPER on the exchange right now as this will only lower the price. If the IPO and fund go ahead, then the BTC will be used to hold HYPER value stable and increase the price on the exchanges. HYPER which is purchased as a result of the funds activity will be rolled over into one of the other funds for staking, until HYPER exchange rate and volume can absorb strategic selling of small amounts to increase BTC in the fund for more market making. Until this is possible the HYPER purchased will be kept in one of the other funds so it can stake with those coins. Of course, if we do go ahead this the IPO will take place through a trusted member.

If the IPO does not go ahead, HYPER will be added to the fund directly, and converted into BTC with strategic trades when the market can support it.

I'm currently in discussion with:

- Android wallet developers
- Developers who can make simple online games which use HYPER
- Developers who may be able to help with the coding work of the HYPER space MMO. http://hypercrypto.com/space-based-mmo/

Thanks guys Wink

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
anarchyx

Activity: 480

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:13:22 PM

Important HYPER updates!

The MMO Outreach Fund (for offering bounties to get HYPER accepted as an in-game currency in currently existing virtual worlds etc) has been established with 200 000 K HYPER at this address: http://hyper.blockexplorer.cc/address/HJCFQjBCapWiTQUiAZ66BVsdycFBK12Auz

The HYPER General Marketing Fund has been established with 150 K HYPER at this address: http://hyper.blockexplorer.cc/address/HUhjjQBqLCGFMYm9Umtk42jWQNDqS7caV4

Deductions from both funds will only take place to pay people who are contributing to the objectives of the fund. The wallet will be opened daily, so coins can compound increasing the value of the fund. Fund activity for both funds will be entirely transparent via the HYPER blockchain

After the primary 500 000 MMO Development Fund is in escrow (still working on that) there will be 386 000 HYPER left for bounties to get HYPER back into the stratosphere. At a later date, any HYPER left over from bounties, will be rolled back into the other funds.

An IPO is still being considered to raise BTC for the Market Stabilization fund, if this does go ahead the market fund will be BTC only, there is no point dedicating HYPER to the Market Fund, and selling HYPER on the exchange right now as this will only lower the price. If the IPO and fund go ahead, then the BTC will be used to hold HYPER value stable and increase the price on the exchanges. HYPER which is purchased as a result of the funds activity will be rolled over into one of the other funds for staking, until HYPER exchange rate and volume can absorb strategic selling of small amounts to increase BTC in the fund for more market making. Until this is possible the HYPER purchased will be kept in one of the other funds so it can stake with those coins. Of course, if we do go ahead this the IPO will take place through a trusted member.

If the IPO does not go ahead, HYPER will be added to the fund directly, and converted into BTC with strategic trades when the market can support it.

I'm currently in discussion with:

- Android wallet developers
- Developers who can make simple online games which use HYPER
- Developers who may be able to help with the coding work of the HYPER space MMO. http://hypercrypto.com/space-based-mmo/

Thanks guys Wink

Instead of simply giving someone 500k HYPER, why not instead give them a contract with the interest for "x" number of years.  This will ensure they can't just drop it all on an exchange and would guarantee they continue to work for their interest Wink.
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:22:06 PM

Instead of simply giving someone 500k HYPER, why not instead give them a contract with the interest for "x" number of years.  This will ensure they can't just drop it all on an exchange and would guarantee they continue to work for their interest Wink.

It would be wise to put something in writing via a legal contract and not rely on a series of PM's as an agreement.  Roll Eyes
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:37:26 PM

I was actually considering to hire multiple escrows, and give them a certain amount of HYPER each, to lower the risk of us getting scammed by any escrow.

Mining since 2014
Attilaloe

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:39:43 PM

HYPER is currently 101. places on the Crypto-Currency Market Capitalizations and the value increased by 21.48%!

The growth has begun! good work!

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
quarkkid

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:42:15 PM

HYPER is currently 101. places on the Crypto-Currency Market Capitalizations and the value increased by 21.48%!

The growth has begun! good work!

+1

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 03:42:51 PM

Instead of simply giving someone 500k HYPER, why not instead give them a contract with the interest for "x" number of years.  This will ensure they can't just drop it all on an exchange and would guarantee they continue to work for their interest Wink.

It would be wise to put something in writing via a legal contract and not rely on a series of PM's as an agreement.  Roll Eyes

Guys, I agree totally. That is why I am hesitant about sending an anonymous forum member the 500 000 HYPER for the development of our core MMO. You've inspired me to look into some other options, and anyone else is welcome to provide feedback / ideas regarding how management of the HYPER MMO Development fund should proceed.

HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 03:46:29 PM

I was actually considering to hire multiple escrows, and give them a certain amount of HYPER each, to lower the risk of us getting scammed by any escrow.

Conversely, this also increases the risk that one of them would scam (as there is more chance one of them may be a scammer). Even if they had 100 000 HYPER each, this might be enough worth ruining a reputation for, before long. Interesting idea but I don't think we should do this personally. I'm going to look into some of the ideas suggested above. Anyone else is welcome to provide feedback / ideas.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 04:42:40 PM

Instead of simply giving someone 500k HYPER, why not instead give them a contract with the interest for "x" number of years.  This will ensure they can't just drop it all on an exchange and would guarantee they continue to work for their interest Wink.

It would be wise to put something in writing via a legal contract and not rely on a series of PM's as an agreement.  Roll Eyes

Guys, I agree totally. That is why I am hesitant about sending an anonymous forum member the 500 000 HYPER for the development of our core MMO. You've inspired me to look into some other options, and anyone else is welcome to provide feedback / ideas regarding how management of the HYPER MMO Development fund should proceed.

At this moment in time there is no reason for someone to scam the 500,000 HYPER if they were given it - I can understand your concerns but only an idiot would get the 500,000 HYPER and then scam because a) that would effectively kill the price as 500,000 HYPER mysteriously vanishes, meaning you would make absolutely no profit and run your reputation, and b) it would be very difficult to dump that much HYPER at this point in time.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Attilaloe

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:16:26 PM

HYPER 500,000 = 11 BTC = 7000$ is no small money, and anyone who has no likeness to entrust the unknown as there is no exchange of words given too risky. In business, no one would give forth such a sum without a real guarantee unfamiliar. I think if someone wants to manage this fund, it must reveal the real identity of the developers. And to conclude an agreement. So really take responsibility and not just the words of the collateral.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 05:28:59 PM

You can't easy get 500,000 HYPER into 11 BTC right now. The entire BUY book on Bittrex is 2 BTC, and if someone was stupid enough to sell all the HYPER to get the BUY book cleaned they would simply crash the price and destroy the coin, especially as they wouldn't even have enough coins to clean the buy book. It would be much smarter for them to simply charge a fee over time and make profit from that as the coin value rises.

I've talked a little about this in IRC, it's a good place to debate this.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Geenstijl
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:50:22 PM

Guys (and girls.. dunno if there are any, i doubt it)...

If you want to purchase a coin... put in a buy-order... especially with such large bid-ask spread. Better not to buy at ask-price... it might take a little while, but chances that ur buy order gets filled are rather big.

What happens if you don't?

1. Price-rise is not sustainable...
2. You are probably getting like 30% less coins as you would placing a buy-order...

Just trying to help... Trading is a game of patience.

leewilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:26:25 PM

Conversely, this also increases the risk that one of them would scam (as there is more chance one of them may be a scammer). Even if they had 100 000 HYPER each, this might be enough worth ruining a reputation for, before long. Interesting idea but I don't think we should do this personally. I'm going to look into some of the ideas suggested above. Anyone else is welcome to provide feedback / ideas.

Just a few random points:

*Make sure any ambiguity is eliminated from any contracts and/or agreements

*Contracts should only be month to month at max
(in crypto a month is comparable to years - also because of price volatility, whether that volatility is HYPER or BTC and it reduces exposure)

*Multipool - I believe this is a much better solution than any type of supposed "market maker", simply mine other profitable coins and dump them for btc then use that btc to buy up HYPER on the exchange. I am certain the majority of it could be automated (but would need to be randomized regarding the HYPER purchases so as not to negatively influence the market).

*Keep up the great work - turning a coin around after an intentional fud campaign is no easy task.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:31:19 PM

Just a few random points:

*Make sure any ambiguity is eliminated from any contracts and/or agreements

*Contracts should only be month to month at max
(in crypto a month is comparable to years - also because of price volatility, whether that volatility is HYPER or BTC and it reduces exposure)

*Multipool - I believe this is a much better solution than any type of supposed "market maker", simply mine other profitable coins and dump them for btc then use that btc to buy up HYPER on the exchange. I am certain the majority of it could be automated (but would need to be randomized regarding the HYPER purchases so as not to negatively influence the market).

*Keep up the great work - turning a coin around after an intentional fud campaign is no easy task.

You sir, are amazing! That was the thing that was ticking me at the back of my head- a MultiPool! I tip my hat to you sir. We most definitely need a MultiPool once the PoW is over. The MultiPool will be able to carve deep holes into the measly sell walls that currently exist, and allow the freedom of more buy support (as well as promote confidence in value). This could work in sync with the market stabilization fund, as the fund will introduce big buy supports, and the MultiPool will get rid of the sell walls.

Mining since 2014
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: