Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:36:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716609 times)
Attilaloe

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:35:53 PM

I think someone accused us of fraud, and therefore has been deleted about 10,000 votes mintpal.com the site. Those who did not look after the campaign and did not get any votes given real users!

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HYPERfuture (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 09:12:07 PM

I think someone accused us of fraud, and therefore has been deleted about 10,000 votes mintpal.com the site. Those who did not look after the campaign and did not get any votes given real users!

About 600 votes have been added back but there's still a long way to go.

My focus now is getting on Polo and Crypsty (as well as still voting on MintPal and working on all the other projects HYPER is running).

Vote to get HYPER on Polo let's do this! https://poloniex.com/voting

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
berkelip

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:33:20 PM

According to JDS1000 who was coordinating the campaign, giveaways for MintPal voting campaigns are not against the T+C's, and they were real human votes as can be seen at: http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,913.0.html

Obviously no more HYPER will be used for the voting campaign, until I have a resolution from JDS1000 or MintPal.

I contacted mintpal-jay on IRC. He is saying they were bot votes. I  showed him the coinzen thread but he said it is not gonna work.

MintPal should provide a captcha to prevent bot
voter have to fill out a hard captcha to vote a coin
This is a proof that we are human, not a bot

П    |⧛ Join the signature campaign and earn free PI dayli!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         PiCoin - get in now  ✅     No ICO!  ✅         |⧛
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:00:47 PM

According to JDS1000 who was coordinating the campaign, giveaways for MintPal voting campaigns are not against the T+C's, and they were real human votes as can be seen at: http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,913.0.html

Obviously no more HYPER will be used for the voting campaign, until I have a resolution from JDS1000 or MintPal.

I contacted mintpal-jay on IRC. He is saying they were bot votes. I  showed him the coinzen thread but he said it is not gonna work.

that would be a good idea! 
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:46:49 PM

I find this coin to be a complete joke but I've gotta admit the MintPal stuff is BS. 90% of the coins in the top 10 got there because they pay services to vote with bots. I guarantee a ton of the "Hyper" votes were fraudulent based on the quantity and duration of the rise alone but you guys certainly got hit a lot harder than almost everything else and I think it's messed up personally. Reddcoin is openly encouraging people to use voting bots and providing the code to do it! They are also paying a bot service and yet they barely took a hit on MintPal. Bogus stuff guys. I agree CAPTCHA would be a good start to curb some of this crap. The MintPal voting system has become the fuse of altcoin scams. Why not do a shred of research before adding coins to their voting list? I find the distribution system on Hyper to be a real problem but at least it's an interesting approach. Would be great if we could get a decent exchange some day that isn't run by crooks and inside traders. The voting system makes no sense either because it's not a good way to gauge actual coin interest. The harder a coin dev campaigns to get onto MintPal the more obvious it becomes they are running a scam with no future and these voting systems just encourage that. If the community is campaigning it's a little different but typically there is no reason for a legit coin dev to be making a big push to get onto a big exchange. Whether you buy your way on, pay for bots, or bribe people with giveaways it's all a pretty sad way to determine what gets added to an exchange and guarantees a big dump and likely rapid death of the coin upon getting listed. Legitimate coins never move up the list because the devs don't have massive premines or instamines to dump and profit from to balance out the cost of getting enough votes to be listed. It's a bloodbath in the top 10 and every few days some new piece of crap comes shooting up the list. When was the last time MintPal added something worthwhile? Almost everything spikes and then craps out down to virtual worthlessness within 2 weeks. If the only real purpose a coin has is speculation it will fail. MintPal has helped make a mockery of altcoins.
duru

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:59:26 PM

Personally I think the distribution is interesting and unique enough to be worth further investigation (as per this coin's goals), It looks like with a few implementations this thing is going to take off, it already has the targeted mindset invested, a core foundation, and enough people speaking negatively that there might just be something going on here.

the computer has increased the purse of words
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:32:24 AM

Personally I think the distribution is interesting and unique enough to be worth further investigation (as per this coin's goals), It looks like with a few implementations this thing is going to take off, it already has the targeted mindset invested, a core foundation, and enough people speaking negatively that there might just be something going on here.

Yeah anyone who has seen me around knows every coin I dislike ends up making everybody billionaires. Can't remember the last time I was right. Best advice: close your eyes and open your wallets. Don't ask questions and don't investigate. Buy buy buy. That's how you get rich. Questions and doubt are for poor people. You guys get it for sure - you will all be raking in mountains of cash before you know it. Remember this cheer I just made up: "Don't ask questions don't ask why! Close your eyes and buy buy BUY!"
DarioKe

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 05:47:10 AM

I had the freebit coin site :  www.freebitco.in open with it's handy hourly countdown which may have maybe made it look like the voting was regular tho it was never always exactly an hour after the last!
The free bitcoin site uses Captcha and yeah def a good idea to avoid bots
JDS1000

Activity: 414

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:03:33 AM

Update:  We're still hoping to hear back from MintPal.  I don't see how these can be BOT votes.  The thread is closed until we know what is going on. 
We plan to do what is best for HYPER and the Sandwich community. 

Like the captcha idea for votes too.

Sorry, I haven't been more vocal on the board today.  I'm visiting Oregon for a wedding and I haven't had any information to present....

JDS1000
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:14:47 AM

Everyone needs to make sure mintpal hears their voice. That way they can see real people are mad about this which will help them realize they made a mistake. Otherwise they will just think they were right and it was a bot. Seems they are not very diligent with their reviews. I really think we all have to make an effort so they can realize we are real people.
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:26:21 AM

lol i was voting for the coin on mintpal whitout requesting the 7 hyper.. now my account is disabled... nice one..

My account is disabled as well and I even voted for another coin as well as HYPER so it doesnlt even make sense.

How often were you guys voting for HYPER/trading? I know that mintpal disables accounts and removes all votes from those accounts if they appear to be "bots". But what is mintpals definition of bots? This is a quote from MintPal Jason for a different coin that had votes removed:
"We disabled almost 60 accounts that has been created with the specific intention of voting".

Basically if your account looks like it was created for voting (which in this case people with lots of time probably did to exploit the marketing campaign), all those votes will be lost. Maybe if your account is activated again the votes will be back? Anyone with a disabled account should try to get it activated again right away.

It seems you must have an account that has a significant number of trades (or maybe hold a decent amount of BTC?). They don't want accounts that primary purpose is for voting. It actually doesn't matter to them if it is a bot or human.

Maybe the remaining HYPER from the campaign can be used to buy votes with BTC instead?
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:14:48 AM

lol i was voting for the coin on mintpal whitout requesting the 7 hyper.. now my account is disabled... nice one..

My account is disabled as well and I even voted for another coin as well as HYPER so it doesnlt even make sense.

How often were you guys voting for HYPER/trading? I know that mintpal disables accounts and removes all votes from those accounts if they appear to be "bots". But what is mintpals definition of bots? This is a quote from MintPal Jason for a different coin that had votes removed:
"We disabled almost 60 accounts that has been created with the specific intention of voting".

Basically if your account looks like it was created for voting (which in this case people with lots of time probably did to exploit the marketing campaign), all those votes will be lost. Maybe if your account is activated again the votes will be back? Anyone with a disabled account should try to get it activated again right away.

It seems you must have an account that has a significant number of trades (or maybe hold a decent amount of BTC?). They don't want accounts that primary purpose is for voting. It actually doesn't matter to them if it is a bot or human.

Maybe the remaining HYPER from the campaign can be used to buy votes with BTC instead?

I think their rules mandate you trade before you can vote. I know I had to when I signed up a few months ago.
DarioKe

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:28:23 AM

Yeah I couldn't vote till I had at least 5 trades complete.
They should be giving you commission for finding them new traders lol

I've still been trading since tho it's a little hard to penalise people just cause any active orders are still waiting to be fulfilled.
They reactivated my account pretty quick after I put in a support ticket and I asked if that also meant my votes would count again ... I also suggested the Captcha idea to them Wink

I'm still going to vote Hyper up even if the votes don't count for free Hyper !
Just looks like a good exchange to Hyper on as they have a fair few other coins that I have the odd few from trying out mining and mining pools in the process of finding Hyper  Tongue

So if you were voting and had your account locked then send them a ticket ! https://support.mintpal.com/

Let them know you're real and want your votes to count !
At least then they will at least give you a reason on why your account got blocked.
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 08:14:19 AM

Yeah I couldn't vote till I had at least 5 trades complete.
They should be giving you commission for finding them new traders lol

I've still been trading since tho it's a little hard to penalise people just cause any active orders are still waiting to be fulfilled.
They reactivated my account pretty quick after I put in a support ticket and I asked if that also meant my votes would count again ... I also suggested the Captcha idea to them Wink

I'm still going to vote Hyper up even if the votes don't count for free Hyper !
Just looks like a good exchange to Hyper on as they have a fair few other coins that I have the odd few from trying out mining and mining pools in the process of finding Hyper  Tongue

So if you were voting and had your account locked then send them a ticket ! https://support.mintpal.com/

Let them know you're real and want your votes to count !
At least then they will at least give you a reason on why your account got blocked.

Did they reply to your support ticket regarding if your votes will be added again? I've been asking them in irc about this but I'm yet to receive a response.

For now, I agree everyone who has a frozen MintPal account should reactivate their account asap. If everyone does this maybe we will get close to the number of votes we had before. Everyone should also keep voting on MintPal as much as possible.

Slow but steady is my new HYPER mantra now, in time the huge HYPER game projects we keep rolling out will speak for themselves, and the larger crypto market will discover us that way Wink

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:25:07 AM

haha this is called macro voting and doesnt require a bot. it was actually my idea first suggested to minerals team. we inquired mintpal and were informed that any form of automation would be considered cheating the vote system. i then declined to continue developing the idea since it was considered unethical. but it seems a few others may not have seen it the same way.

i first developed and tested this method and found it to be working with easy javascript. but as much as it is possible, mintpal will not stand for it and it may cause associated users accounts to be banned as well as the coin delisted from voting never to be seen again.

so like everyone else.. play by the rules.
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 08:31:21 AM

haha this is called macro voting and doesnt require a bot. it was actually my idea first suggested to minerals team. we inquired mintpal and were informed that any form of automation would be considered cheating the vote system. i then declined to continue developing the idea since it was considered unethical. but it seems a few others may not have seen it the same way.

i first developed and tested this method and found it to be working with easy javascript. but as much as it is possible, mintpal will not stand for it and it may cause associated users accounts to be banned as well as the coin delisted from voting never to be seen again.

so like everyone else.. play by the rules.

We believed we were playing by the rules.

Please see the huge MintPal voting campaign we were running on Coinzen, with over 840 pages of over 12 000 posts and votes recorded: https://coinzen.org/index.php/topic,913.0

mehdi74

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:43:30 AM

we should again start vote in mintpal Wink

HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:10:13 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 09:56:56 AM by HYPERfuture

we should again start vote in mintpal Wink

You are welcome to keep voting for HYPER on MintPal Smiley We've already lost way too much HYPER funding the MintPal campaign, to pay in good faith what we believed were real people to vote, so I don't think there will be another one anytime soon.

On the bright side, when we double our votes again from now we will be back in the top 20, so everyone reactivate your MintPal account and also keep voting Smiley

alin8888

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:59:49 AM

Darn.. i can't play Counter strike anymore.. i have to pay 4 tokens every round for weapons and kill 4 players to get even, i'm no pro,, there's no fun anymore.. at least should have kept it at 1 token =1 hyper with current rules.. Bad call

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:04:52 AM

Hi HYPER community. Sorry for the delay. I have moved the 500K MMO Development Fund I am escrowing to a new address on another computer I have access to: http://hyper.blockexplorer.cc/address/HJBGDgPuCZ6TFRHrQ6AFFcUVKBbbC3qiof
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: