Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:25:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-05-25] Price of Bitcoin Surges Significantly Past $550 This Weekend  (Read 1258 times)
bitsmichel (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:00:51 PM

Falcon Global Capital is seeking to hire lobbyists to promote bitcoin in Washington, DC. The investment firm will provide “education and understanding of bitcoin and other crypto-graphic based currencies”.

https://coinreport.net/lobbyists-falcon-global-capital/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Silly Money

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:09:01 PM

It'll probably surge back down soon too  Grin. Hope it doesnt though. Not sure how I feel about lobbyists being hired.

Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:13:19 PM

The lobbyists will be useful, if educating governments is what is required. Hopefully it will have a positive effect.

It'll probably surge back down soon too  Grin. Hope it doesnt though. Not sure how I feel about lobbyists being hired.

I'll give you heads up when I buy back in, that will be the definitive sign for a drop in the BTC market price. Trust.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:13:14 PM

I don't think that it will dip any further. The decline which happened during March-April was solely due to the Mt Gox fiasco. The effect of the Gox robbery has almost completely waned by now.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:15:04 PM

I don't think that it will dip any further. The decline which happened during March-April was solely due to the Mt Gox fiasco. The effect of the Gox robbery has almost completely waned by now.

Waned, now poised and rearing for some timely FUD from elsewhere no doubt. Pure manipulation. It's great if you can cash in on it, short where necessary and that, but I think you're right in respect to Bitcoin being past some of the toughest news.

fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:43:10 PM

The lobbyists will be useful, if educating governments is what is required. Hopefully it will have a positive effect.

I'll give you heads up when I buy back in, that will be the definitive sign for a drop in the BTC market price. Trust.

I thought I was the only guy with that problem! haha! I haven't bought bc I don't want it to tank again!
Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:54:49 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 07:41:20 PM by Cryptopher

It'll probably surge back down soon too  Grin. Hope it doesnt though. Not sure how I feel about lobbyists being hired.

I thought I was the only guy with that problem! haha! I haven't bought bc I don't want it to tank again!

We are legion, for we are many. We are the heroes who carry the weighty turds of whales on our shoulders, until we give in and sell our coins at the bottom, back to the very whales that shat on us in the first instance.

EDIT: Corrected typo: weight -> weighty

fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:00:02 PM

We are legion, for we are many. We are the heroes who carry the weight turds of whales on our shoulders, until we give in and sell our coins at the bottom, back to the very whales that shat on us in the first instance.

hahaha!! That's one way of looking at it! I think I'm just extremely unlucky when buying! I don't sell low though. I do get lucky with selling miners though.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:02:23 PM

We are legion, for we are many. We are the heroes who carry the weight turds of whales on our shoulders, until we give in and sell our coins at the bottom, back to the very whales that shat on us in the first instance.

hahaha!! That's one way of looking at it! I think I'm just extremely unlucky when buying! I don't sell low though. I do get lucky with selling miners though.

That's not too bad then. I've sold at a bottom before, was a terrible feeling. Never quite been that guy who sold at the absolute low, usually just above that.

Do you not use charts at Bitcoinwisdom or similar? Even when the charts suggest to buy, it's still having the balls to place the buy order - which is the stage that I usually back down at.

bitsmichel (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:37:09 PM

hahahah how much btc to own to be considered a whale?  Grin

Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:40:01 PM

hahahah how much btc to own to be considered a whale?  Grin

Good question, I'm sure that I've seen a debate about this on the forum before. Hundreds? Maybe thousands?

Usually what might appear to be a whale on the exchange may well be a few people in collusion, but sometimes the market depth changes that quickly that it is hard to tell.

Faince1985

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:13:26 AM

it's positive for bitcoins it's good (i think?). That's a part of the mainstream use Cheesy

helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:46:22 AM

someone is manipulating the price

looking job
Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:23:07 AM

someone is manipulating the price

Well I never. Somebody or some persons manipulating the price of Bitcoin, never would have thought it Tongue

Seriously though, you're right. This is going to come tumbling down, filling the pockets of whales and those fortunate to act fast enough with lots of coins.

Not sure how far it will fall though, but it will be beyond 'correction'.

helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:45:47 AM

It is impossible to have these spikes in price
is not because amsterdam festival bitcoin
because the market hasn't grown continues like a month ago

some persons manipulating the price like bitstamp blf knc bitpay real fat persons

looking job
Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:35:05 AM

It is impossible to have these spikes in price
is not because amsterdam festival bitcoin
because the market hasn't grown continues like a month ago

some persons manipulating the price like bitstamp blf knc bitpay real fat persons

I think that the manipulation is in light of many people expecting another bubble around now, so that means people buy into it. The smart whales, as always, guide the price in the direction they please.

However I've seen some sell walls get eaten really fast on Bitcoin Wisdom due to momentum.

open-mind

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:47:37 PM

Falcon Global Capital is seeking to hire lobbyists to promote bitcoin in Washington, DC. The investment firm will provide “education and understanding of bitcoin and other crypto-graphic based currencies”.

I like this idea!
You ask me why? Because. Bitcoin. All over the world.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:04:53 PM

Waned, now poised and rearing for some timely FUD from elsewhere no doubt. Pure manipulation. It's great if you can cash in on it, short where necessary and that, but I think you're right in respect to Bitcoin being past some of the toughest news.

Any one who short-sells now is taking extreme risks. Time for short selling is over. The opportunity was there, when Bitcoin was trading at $350-400 levels. And FUD from elsewhere..... what else can be as bad as the Gox robbery?
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:12:17 PM

bitcoin is a perfect hedge against inflation , using bitcoin to store is better then a saving account.

http://en.europeonline-magazine.eu/ecb-ready-to-act-to-combat-weak-inflation-says-draghi_337926.html

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:15:00 PM

Any one who short-sells now is taking extreme risks. Time for short selling is over. The opportunity was there, when Bitcoin was trading at $350-400 levels. And FUD from elsewhere..... what else can be as bad as the Gox robbery?

There is always an opportunity to short when the market is volatile, even in an up-trend. You're right, it is risky, and the gains are less, but if you're switched on you can sometimes get in there before people figure that it's a bear trap.

Eventually there will be something that will bring it down again, Gox was damning, and its legacy still lives on, fortunately the majority of its effects have been priced in and brushed over now.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: