View Profile
February 03, 2012, 09:58:22 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 01:30:43 AM by BitcoinEXpress

delete

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 10:10:51 PM

Please brother... Forget about SolidCoin!! I'm begging you!!!
Let it go!!!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 10:15:44 PM

Interesting progression.

SC 1.0 all nodes are peers.

SC 2.0 - miner nodes are peers but complete control is by the enforcer nodes controlled by the King.
SC 2.0 (late 2011/2012) - the sham of miners is pulled away.  King calls miners useless and that network could function just fine w/ one miner.
SC 3.0 - "99% of transactions will be done via light clients" so nodes aren't even responsible for Blockchain.
SC 4.0 - all transactions processed through private "royal server" in King ScamCoin's mom's basement.  Block-chain removed completely in favor of ledger system on private database.

The funny thing as time goes on he is just getting more honest so he deserves credit for that.
dayfall

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 10:33:29 PM

So, the speed of SolidCoin is based on this guy's hard drives?  Sweet!

In retrospect, this progression is very... logical.
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 11:15:17 PM

If you want any of these cryptocurrencies to take off, you need to make it easy to use. Mom and Dad have no idea what a blockchain is or why they have to download it all to their computer (or mobile device) before they can do anything. The gui/client split will allow the normal computer user to quickly and easily start using *coins.

To do this, public chain/transaction server nodes will be provided, however the use of these public nodes is optional as a more advanced user can run a local copy. Because these public server nodes don't have your keys and they are merely broadcasting transactions there is no chance for them to steal your coins.

This split will also allow for very thin clients, as all the client is required to process is transaction signing, and a few rpc commnad to the server. All other client functionality is optional, as a server node can easily provide account balances, and recent transactions to the thin clients.

After working on the bitcoin code, I have to agree, its a bit of a mess. Global flags spinkled everywhere, the odd mixture of object oriented and procedural design, 80% of the code is in main.cpp. In general its the usual product of an open source project. While open source projects have produced  some nice well written and organized software, a majority of them end up as a pile of band-aids and patches. This is the prime opportunity for us to clean up the code, into a more maintainable project.

I also agree that the main block chain data should not be stored in appdata (or it's equivalent on linux). This file contains no private data and it would be silly to store multiple copies on the same machine per user. As a side note, its stored in the Roaming folder on windows, and in a domain environment with roaming profiles, a 1GB data file in appdata is *really* bad news. The only thing that should be stored in the users private data folder is their keys, application specific configuration settings, and possibly a personal transaction history file.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 12:24:36 AM

Thin clients are a nice idea. Those are already available for Bitcoin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50936.0

Buy & Hold
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 04:29:09 AM

I thought Solidcoin 2.0 was ready for the Biitcoin collapse according to Coinhunter. He spent a lot of time and effort to promote that theme. I wonder if RS/CH is going to merge in the 13 million trusted node coins into SC3.0 like he did with SC1 into SC2.
He should just start fresh and leave that mess behind... Solidcoin is never going to go anywhere with a 13million coin premine hovering over it's head at all times. It's scammy as hell, and shouldn't "necessary" to protect the network.. Other than that at-least Coinhunter is defining himself and the currency, and leaving the silly "Bitcoin Collapse" themes behind.

Coinhunter: Drop the premine, and start dispensing a new supply of coins at a very limited/predictable rate.
And figure out a way to give the power back to the PEOPLE, if not they will have no incentive to use your brand of "fake money". No matter how "secure", fast, or convenient it may be..
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 05:02:52 AM

BitcoinEXpress: Though I agree with you on Solidcoin, don't you think that it's not worth it to post about shitcoins anymore?  Why do you spend all day on the Altcoins forum?

(BFL)^2 < 0
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2012, 05:27:14 AM

why is the default location for blockchain data in %appdata%?

Because when you use default Windows backup programs, they back up the User directory, where all your documents, music, videos, and PROGRAM SETTINGS are stored  Undecided
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 06:07:37 AM

Please brother... Forget about SolidCoin!! I'm begging you!!!
Let it go!!!
life with no drama?

what's the fun in it? Grin
i'm always in for the pump and dump alts, no matter how scammy they are.  Cool

Since all wallet code is removed from a "Node" it means you need to have a way to store transactions relating to you. From my experience in the past I recorded all transactions in a SQL database so that I could verify what was sent, however to do this efficiently at the moment for what the node needs requires a bit more.
uh oh, mysolidcoin in the making.

Fuzzy

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 08:12:21 AM

Not sure if crazy crypto-currency dev

-__-

or nigerian scammer with impeccable english
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 05:27:51 PM

Not sure if crazy crypto-currency dev

-__-

or nigerian scammer with impeccable english
nigerian crazy cryptocurrency dev scammer with impeccable english.

fixed that for you, easily.

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 07:01:28 PM

oh, ScamCoin  Cheesy

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 10:15:05 PM

Solidcoin was the answer to everyone problems. Now Solidcoin 2.0 is.
Solidcoin 2.0 was the answer to everyone problems. Now Solidcoin 3.0 is.
Solidcoin 3.0 was the answer to everyone problems. Now Solidcoin 4.0 is.
Solidcoin 4.0 was the answer to everyone problems. Now Solidcoin 5.0 is.
repeat ad infinitum...

This looks like the output of the following loop

while(Coinhunter.wealth < 0xFFFFFFFF)
  Solicoin(version++, rand());

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
FlipPro
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 04, 2012, 11:11:24 PM

Solidcoin was the answer to everyone problems. Now Solidcoin 2.0 is.
Solidcoin 2.0 was the answer to everyone problems. Now Solidcoin 3.0 is.
Solidcoin 3.0 was the answer to everyone problems. Now Solidcoin 4.0 is.
Solidcoin 4.0 was the answer to everyone problems. Now Solidcoin 5.0 is.
repeat ad infinitum...

This looks like the output of the following loop

while(Coinhunter.wealth < 0xFFFFFFFF)
  Solicoin(version++, rand());

+1 lol. He needs to get rid of the "protection fund", and start issuing out coins from scratch.

Hell he can even charge the tax (to help foster community growth or w.e lol) but the damn "cpf" and 13 million coin premine scares the crap out of me.
Fuzzy

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 11:19:32 AM

That guy can't even run a hotel properly. WTF chance does he have of starting a whole currency?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: