Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:51:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30  (Read 308304 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 04:13:23 PM

In cgminer to set clock , chips and serial, I would use:

--zeus-chips 128 --zeus-clock 328 --scan-serial \\.\COM12

What is the equivalent in latest bfgminer?

Code:
-S zus:all --set zus:chips=128 --set zus:clock=328

I have used the zadig tool to convert my drivers, but then the latest BFGminer flat does not see them.

That's the problem. Installing Zadig and configuring your USB devices for CGMiner effectively uninstalled the proper drivers that BFGMiner uses. In most cases the drivers BFGMiner expects and those CGMiner expects are mutually exclusive and incompatible.

Use the Control Panel in Windows to view the Properties of each device, uninstall the driver, and check the box to "Delete the driver".

Then re-install the proper drivers for ZeusMiner and BFGMiner:

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:56:15 PM

Code:

I have used the zadig tool to convert my drivers, but then the latest BFGminer flat does not see them.

That's the problem. Installing Zadig and configuring your USB devices for CGMiner effectively uninstalled the proper drivers that BFGMiner uses. In most cases the drivers BFGMiner expects and those CGMiner expects are mutually exclusive and incompatible.

Use the Control Panel in Windows to view the Properties of each device, uninstall the driver, and check the box to "Delete the driver".

Yep. Might want to lower that clock also. From my understanding the X6 devices don't like them that high.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
thor3202

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:01:25 AM

Hi,
I love the app which has everything you could need. I have a R9 270X graphics card and v3.6.8 which mines scrypt no problems, but i have been trying X11, X13, x15, N-Scrypt and neo-scrypt with no sucsess. could you direct me to the best thread.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:46:14 PM

Performance means hashrate. What is important to give proper ratios - how much is algo1 faster than algo2, but you can clearly replace it pure speed. Measuring speed on pool side is out of the question, because miner has to be connected for a while, thus meaning that every restart of miner would cause pool first to "test" all algorithms for the miner (in case of having 10 algorithms this means 50 minutes of testing for speed).
Makes sense why the pool can't measure it, but most pools/miners only use one algo, and it isn't fair to waste 1 minute doing benchmarks of 60 algos when they only really want one...
Perhaps another solution is to add some way I can tell you the precise hashrate regardless of shares?

Yes, using performance parameter when sending mining.capabilities. The pool can then calculate exactly, which algorithm gives best profit according to provided performance ratios and current earnings for each algorithm.
I meant like stratum's (undocumented, maybe unspecified?) mining.get_hashrate method.
If BFGMiner supports 294234 different algorithms, it doesn't make sense to benchmark them all (wasting electricity) before we even know what the pool might possibly use.
Makes much more sense to let the pool do the benchmarking as needed... then the miner gets some credit (even if not ideal) during the benchmarking, and only benchmarks algorithms the pool will actually use.

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:36:41 PM

Hm, actually, benchmarking might be difficult in general since we don't know we're comparing apples to oranges.
For example, consider the following setup (remember, all within a single BFGMiner instance):
4 CPU cores (any algorithm)
4 GPUs (SHA256d, scrypt, Keccak)
2 DualMiners (SHA256d, scrypt)
2 ZeusMiners (scrypt only)
2 NanoFurys (SHA256d only)

In this case, what is the "performance" of each algorithm?
There's probably a number of different ways a multipool might want to react to this. :/

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:46:31 PM

KnCMiner Neptune support is finally shaping up, so 5.0 will include a new "kncasic" driver.

Additionally, I have implemented support for the Keccak proof-of-work algorithm in BFGMiner for two reasons:
It is NOT in any way intended as an endorsement of whatever altcoin(s) might be using it.

Finally, this also has the changes so far discussed between nicehashdev and myself following 4.99.0.

DRAFT Human readable changelog:
  • Multi-blockchain support: BFGMiner can now be told which pools use the same "mining goals", and will track the blockchain independently for ones that don't. This allows you to mine multiple cryptocurrencies concurrently using any pool strategy (including balance and load-balance).
  • Multi-algorithm support: BFGMiner is now capable of hashing on both scrypt and SHA256d work at the same time, and you can assign the mining algorithm to use on a per-goal basis. As with multi-blockchain support, this works even in balancing strategies. Note that at this time, only CPU, OpenCL, and Proxy drivers actually support multiple algorithms at the same time (DualMiner must be preconfigured for only one, and GridSeed remains scrypt-only).
  • Stratum extensions for mining goals: New experimental methods mining.capabilities and mining.set_goal for Stratum allow you to expose control of the mining algorithm to the pool. These extensions are considered draft and may be changed based on the needs of multiblockchain pool operators.
  • RPC: Also extended for multiple mining goals/algorithms. Interface is subject to change.
  • kncasic: New driver for KnCMiner Neptune (and 2nd-gen Jupiter modules).
  • Titan: Work flushing optimisations from KnCMiner.
  • Keccak: Support for the SHA-3 winner hash as a proof-of-work algorithm.

The code is in git under the bfgminer branch (and tagged bfgminer-4.99.1).
OpenWrt and Windows downloads are available from http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/files/bfgminer/4.99.1/

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:24:58 PM

Code:
[quote author=nwoolls link=topic=626361.msg9571268#msg9571268 date=1416240803]
[quote author=vegasguy link=topic=626361.msg9571190#msg9571190 date=1416240314]

[/quote]

[code]-S zus:all --set zus:chips=128 --set zus:clock=328

First thanks for your help. I did exactly as instructed. Went to device manager. Uninstalled my com ports and chose delete driver. I then downloaded the latest driver for my thunder X6 which is the FTDI 2.12 . I then verified all my com ports are showing, and that in fact they are using the FTDI driver I assigned. I then went into my bat file and copy and paste your settings
Code:
" . Corrected clock speed to 248. I launch BFG and it gives me a "NO DEVICES FOUND " in red. I then press "M" and + and type "all" and hit enter. It replys "GETFTCOMPORT_xxxxx" 9 times which is correct, I have 9 devices. Off to the far right is all my correct com port #'s. Its sits there for about 15 seconds, and returns to "No DEVICES", ive tried auto, manual com ports using //./COM4 ect. Whats wierd is version 4.31 complied native for zeus miner works, but its older than dirt. So, doesnt this prove that my drivers/devices are working? Im using latest BFG 4.10 for win x64 (using win 7 pro x64). Any ideas guys. Current bat is as follows:
Code:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://us-west.multipool.us:3355 -u compudocvegas.zeus -p password -S zus:all --set zus:chips=128 --set zus:clock=248
. Again, latest bfg launches and runs, it just will NOT run my devices, yet it seems to detect them.. kind of. Thanks in advance.

Vegas[/code]

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 02:28:44 PM

Any ideas guys. Current bat is as follows:
Code:
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://us-west.multipool.us:3355 -u compudocvegas.zeus -p password -S zus:all --set zus:chips=128 --set zus:clock=248
. Again, latest bfg launches and runs, it just will NOT run my devices, yet it seems to detect them.. kind of. Thanks in advance.

You are missing the --scrypt argument from your command line.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:35:43 PM

So I added the --scrypt and bfgminer launches, and I can see it scanning my com ports , and right after that I get  "bfgminer has stopped working". Is there a error log file I can upload? I looked in the folder, and there does not appear to be one. Is it possible this new version just does not work with the X6 series Zuesminers?This just keeps getting stranger. bfg launches without the --scrypt, just wont attach to my zeus', yet 4.31 works well, just old as hell, and was compiled specifically for zeusminers.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Franklin16422

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:38:33 PM

I need a little assistance. I'm running a machine under Slax Linux and want to run BFGMiner on the machine. Can someone here give me some simplified instructions on what I need to do to get it up and running under Slax.

Thanks!
Scyntech

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 07:36:43 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 06:25:27 PM by Scyntech

nevermind, got it working  Grin

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
phantitox

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:15:55 PM

it is possible to get an old bitburner miner working with bfgminer? i try a few drivers but nothing it doest get detected.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:18:16 PM

it is possible to get an old bitburner miner working with bfgminer? i try a few drivers but nothing it doest get detected.
BitBurner never sent us anything to work with, so was never supported...
So I guess you're stuck with cgminer's fork unless you want to take the effort to port their driver.

SimonBelmond

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 10:40:09 PM

for

Code:
bfgminer -o http://localhost:8332 -u username -p password --generate-to 1and_so_on

i am getting

Code:
[2014-11-23 23:31:27] bfgminer: --generate-to: unrecognized option

Am I using it wrong?
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:23:08 AM

for

Code:
bfgminer -o http://localhost:8332 -u username -p password --generate-to 1and_so_on

i am getting

Code:
[2014-11-23 23:31:27] bfgminer: --generate-to: unrecognized option

Am I using it wrong?
Are you using the latest git or one of the 4.99.x prereleases?
If not, then your version is too old for that parameter...
The stable equivalent is --coinbase-addr

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:45:38 AM

Anyone want to possibly go in on a group-buy of a Xeon Phi for around $125?
We only need 10 people total (including myself and at least one other on IRC).
http://www.colfax-intl.com/nd/xeonphi/31s1p-promo.aspx
It can't compete with ASICs, but maybe can beat GPUs for non-ASIC mining algorithms.
For comparison purposes, it looks like at least 140 Mh/s SHA256d is possible.

P.S. If anyone wants to donate toward mine, please use 19nwqgD7MiBcpZg2Ku3ru395vGUxFy4aGB (or contact me for a unique address, if you want a refund in case the group buy doesn't get enough interest to happen).

BRADLEYPLOOF

Activity: 520

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:31:16 PM

It can't compete with ASICs, but maybe can beat GPUs for non-ASIC mining algorithms.

P.S. If anyone wants to donate toward mine, please use 19nwqgD7MiBcpZg2Ku3ru395vGUxFy4aGB (or contact me for a unique address, if you want a refund in case the group buy doesn't get enough interest to happen).

For $125, it's beats the crap out of a GAWminer, or cloud hashing...considering that 140MH/s is about 70 times my current rate, for the same price.
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:16:01 PM

For $125, it's beats the crap out of a GAWminer, or cloud hashing...considering that 140MH/s is about 70 times my current rate, for the same price.

AFAIK that's 140 Mh/s SHA-2, not Scrypt. IOW less than half the speed of a Block Erupter.

BRADLEYPLOOF

Activity: 520

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:50:26 PM

AFAIK that's 140 Mh/s SHA-2, not Scrypt. IOW less than half the speed of a Block Erupter.

/facepalm

Dammit.  Wish I could find an inexpensive, power friendly way of mining scrypt coins.  I've got 3 gridseed 350 khs and a gawminer fury pushing about 2.5Mh/s but I need to find a better way of scrypt mining...Is there no way to use those for scrypt?

nwoolls

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:55:52 PM

/facepalm

Dammit.  Wish I could find an inexpensive, power friendly way of mining scrypt coins.  I've got 3 gridseed 350 khs and a gawminer fury pushing about 2.5Mh/s but I need to find a better way of scrypt mining...Is there no way to use those for scrypt?

It doesn't look likely, though Luke would know better than I: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88407.msg5933345#msg5933345

I could be missing something but I don't think there's any hardware, virtual or not, that makes sense for mining if profit is your motive. The only folks making money are those doing the selling, not the buying  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: