Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:40:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30  (Read 308304 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Riley600

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:40:43 AM

On Windows you'll need to install a make-shift CDC driver for the GridSeed ASICs. This is basically an unsigned, hand-crafted INF file that allows Windows to recognize the device properly.

Note that, depending on the version of Windows, you'll need to Google steps that let you install unsigned drivers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w06b7nj1f07lv29/Windows_ASIC_CDC_Drivers.zip

would that be the same as this? http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257938

No, they are not the same.
Could you provide a little more detail, please?  I'm uncertain what to do with this INF file, as I'm assuming from your post I actually need the drivers from elsewhere but am not sure where to obtain them.  I presume I need the INF file to install the drivers.  I have the official (non-zadig) drivers installed (noted above) but you remarked they are not the same.  Any clarification you could offer would be much appreciated Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TRN1062

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:04:32 PM

Is there a way to set the clocking for each antminer (u1's) separately?

I am currently running two instances of BFGminer to run my mix of antminers, Bifury's and 1 Nanofury. I would like to be able to consolidate and only run one instance in one command window if possible. The reason I need to run separate clocking is that 2 of the ants will not run stable at more than 1.8 Gh/s or the 0881 so I run them on one instance along with my nanofury and bifury and run the other 7 ants 2.0 in a second instance.

Please let me know if this is possible and if so how to structure the command line to do so.

Thanks

Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:15:04 PM

I am currently running two instances of BFGminer to run my mix of antminers, Bifury's and 1 Nanofury. I would like to be able to consolidate and only run one instance in one command window if possible. The reason I need to run separate clocking is that 2 of the ants will not run stable at more than 1.8 Gh/s or the 0881 so I run them on one instance along with my nanofury and bifury and run the other 7 ants 2.0 in a second instance.

Please let me know if this is possible and if so how to structure the command line to do so.

Thanks

For each device:

--set ant@<vcom port here>:clock=xxxx

I believe or something similar

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 09:15:34 PM

Yes, run BFGMiner with the -d? argument to list the Path and Serial number of each device. Then use one of those with the --set argument, e.g.:

Code:
--set antminer@path1:clock=ABC --set antminer@path2:clock=EFG

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 09:16:35 PM

Could you provide a little more detail, please?  I'm uncertain what to do with this INF file, as I'm assuming from your post I actually need the drivers from elsewhere but am not sure where to obtain them.  I presume I need the INF file to install the drivers.  I have the official (non-zadig) drivers installed (noted above) but you remarked they are not the same.  Any clarification you could offer would be much appreciated Smiley

When Windows prompts you to install a driver, one of the options is to browse for an INF file. In this case browse to the GridSeed INF file found in the link I provided.

In the case of Windows 7 and 8 and 8.1 you will need to take extra steps (different for each) to install unsigned drivers.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:45:23 PM

Hi all

I'm running a 80 Chip G-Blade which for the most part works fine with Multiminer & Bfgminer 4.1 though sometimes it appears that although both blades are hashing, only 1 blade is receiving shares as per this screenshot

The same issue occurs with my 5-chip Gridseeds as well but its very random. Sometimes they all hash & accept shares, though commonly theres always a random few that appear to be hashing but dont receive shares. Restarting the miners sometimes fixes the problem though not always.

Any ideas how to prevent or fix this?

thanks

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:40:36 PM

Thanks

For each device:

It never worked for me and I tried several different ways of doing it.
I'd love to see someones working conf file that does work so we can figure it out once and for all.
I settled on 2 instances and dealing with it. It took less time in the end to configure it that way. PITA with all the files now.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
E-TARD

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:57:40 PM

SHA2 is not supported for these, only scrypt.

dude do you know of a bfgminer Fork that will let me mine sha with a gridseed?
I can't stand the cgminer for gridseed
it sux!!!

I don't get why you would not add sha for gridseed???  Huh
your the guy who was like I don't really care about scrypt & yet you add scrypt for gridseed  Roll Eyes
Riley600

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:20:46 PM

When Windows prompts you to install a driver, one of the options is to browse for an INF file. In this case browse to the GridSeed INF file found in the link I provided.

In the case of Windows 7 and 8 and 8.1 you will need to take extra steps (different for each) to install unsigned drivers.
Thanks, Nate.  That worked, I thought I had to replace the INF in another driver package in order to get it to work.

However, I have the same problem that Oldminer mentioned above: BFGminer find the Gridseed Orbs and mines fine for the first while.  After about 30 or so minutes, the speed drops and they eventually stop accepting shares.  I have read about the FIFO buffers and tried messing with those, but it seems to behave the same with them enabled or disabled.  Any ideas?  I'm using BFGminer 4.1 on Windows 7.
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 03:22:29 PM

Thanks, Nate.  That worked, I thought I had to replace the INF in another driver package in order to get it to work.

However, I have the same problem that Oldminer mentioned above: BFGminer find the Gridseed Orbs and mines fine for the first while.  After about 30 or so minutes, the speed drops and they eventually stop accepting shares.  I have read about the FIFO buffers and tried messing with those, but it seems to behave the same with them enabled or disabled.  Any ideas?  I'm using BFGminer 4.1 on Windows 7.

I've unfortunately never seen such an issue with any Orbs, Blades, or DMUs on any of the OSs I have setup for testing and dev.

BCwinning

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:41:56 PM

it sux!!!

your the guy who was like I don't really care about scrypt & yet you add scrypt for gridseed  Roll Eyes
I'm sure a donation would help convince him to add the support.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
E-TARD

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 04:44:34 PM

it sux!!!

that's a big Assumption

how do you know I have not giving him a donation before.  Tongue

as for adding the support
the work has been done for the most part, he just has to add it to bfgminer.
BCwinning

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:33:25 PM

it sux!!!

that's a big Assumption

how do you know I have not giving him a donation before.  Tongue

as for adding the support
the work has been done for the most part, he just has to add it to bfgminer.

that was before this is now.  Tongue

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:35:53 PM

Thanks, Nate.  That worked, I thought I had to replace the INF in another driver package in order to get it to work.

However, I have the same problem that Oldminer mentioned above: BFGminer find the Gridseed Orbs and mines fine for the first while.  After about 30 or so minutes, the speed drops and they eventually stop accepting shares.  I have read about the FIFO buffers and tried messing with those, but it seems to behave the same with them enabled or disabled.  Any ideas?  I'm using BFGminer 4.1 on Windows 7.

I've unfortunately never seen such an issue with any Orbs, Blades, or DMUs on any of the OSs I have setup for testing and dev.

It's occured for me first under win 7 & now under win 8, on 2 different PC's using both G-Blade & Orbs. I've looked at power supplies, Com Port settings, cabling..you name it. IMO its some sort of 'initilization issue' as either the miner/s will kick off and start accepting shares or they wont (until next time bfgminer is restarted & the device/s are reinitialized), though I have seen cases where a miner will accept a couple of shares then nothing.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 11:18:32 PM

It's occured for me first under win 7 & now under win 8, on 2 different PC's using both G-Blade & Orbs. I've looked at power supplies, Com Port settings, cabling..you name it. IMO its some sort of 'initilization issue' as either the miner/s will kick off and start accepting shares or they wont (until next time bfgminer is restarted & the device/s are reinitialized), though I have seen cases where a miner will accept a couple of shares then nothing.

If you are using MultiMiner and have it set to restart "suspect" miners it should pick up on miners that have a low effective hashrate.

Also note that, depending on the pool difficulty and luck, it may take a bit for things to play out.

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:01:39 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 05:24:58 AM by Oldminer

If you are using MultiMiner and have it set to restart "suspect" miners it should pick up on miners that have a low effective hashrate.

Also note that, depending on the pool difficulty and luck, it may take a bit for things to play out.

Yea it is set to restart and I've let the miners run for quite some time with no shares. I'm wondering if this is just erroneous reporting in MM? I'll try running the miners from bfgminer directly and see if I still get zero shares accepted. If I dont, I'm going to somehow have to try and do a compare between shares reported in MM versus actual shares accepted on a pool.

Harwood

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:09:14 AM

Does anybody have BFGMiner working as a scrypt proxy?
TRN1062

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:59:45 AM

Thanks

For each device:

It never worked for me and I tried several different ways of doing it.
I'd love to see someones working conf file that does work so we can figure it out once and for all.
I settled on 2 instances and dealing with it. It took less time in the end to configure it that way. PITA with all the files now.

I think I have it working for now. I have the two that can not run more than 180 running 180 and the others running 200 on one instance of BFGminer . Now to see if they will do so while on the same hub. I will try that perhaps tomorrow and let you know. Currently I am using the following command line to start my rig loaded with 9 ants, 7 bifurys, and one nanofury twin.

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u user -p x -S antminer:all -d antminer@\\.\COM3 --set antminer@\\.\COM3:clock=x0881 -d antminer@\\.\COM4 --set antminer@\\.\COM4:clock=x0881 -d antminer@\\.\COM5 --set antminer@\\.\COM5:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM6 --set antminer@\\.\COM6:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM7 --set antminer@\\.\COM7:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM8 --set antminer@\\.\COM8:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM9 --set antminer@\\.\COM9:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM10 --set antminer@\\.\COM10:clock=x0981 -d antminer@\\.\COM11 --set antminer@\\.\COM11:clock=x0981 -S bfx:all --set bfx:osc6_bits=54

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:56:49 AM

NEW VERSION 4.2.0, JUNE 11 2014

Human readable changelog:
  • rockminer: New driver for ROCKMINER R-BOX.

Full changelog:
  • Upgraded Windows libmicrohttpd from 0.9.35 to 0.9.38_pre33603
  • SGW: Workaround BE Cube bugs with new libmicrohttpd by forcing HTTP 1.0 response
  • rockminer: Increase hw error count for problems
  • rockminer: Autodetect with "R-BOX miner" or "RX-BOX miner" product strings
  • rockminer: Support for seeing and setting clock frequency in Manage TUI
  • rockminer: Include clock frequency in RPC processor status
  • rockminer: Support for setting clock frequency
  • rockminer: Workaround lost tasks by resending them
  • rockminer: Support for temperature sensors
  • rockminer: Debug messages
  • Bugfix: rockminer: Initialise rockminer_chip_data
  • Bugfix: rockminer: Ensure work actually exists before testing against it
  • rockminer: Mine at 270 MHz
  • rockminer: Implement mining (at 200 MHz)
  • DevAPI: Move device_proc_by_id out of bifury driver, since it is generically useful
  • rockminer: Detection code for new driver
  • bfg_socket wrapper to ensure sockets are close-on-exec
  • set_cloexec_socket: Explicitly cast SOCKET to HANDLE

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:58:52 AM

I'm glad to see people are actually verifying the PGP signatures, but before you report that my key expired, please update your copy from the keyserver, as I updated the expiration date already Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: