Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:28:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: idea for more privacy  (Read 660 times)
voluntarist500 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:13:18 PM

Blockchain is public. That can be a privacy-issue.
I had the idea of a pseudo-public blockchain.
Every public adress has a private key.
For the pseudo-public chain (new idea) we would need a second privatekey for every adress. That second key would be the key for the blockexplorer (it is only used to gain access to information about transactions not to do transactions). So a transaction can only be seen on the explorer by parties involved in the transaction.
Everybody could just look up their own balance and only get trxid of transactions that involve adresses they control themselves. No more public transactions. After all a transaction only happens between two persons.
If i wanted a thrid party to look at a transaction or my balance i would need to share that second privatekey with them so they could get access to the data on the explorer.

The blockchain needs to be encrypted with an extra layer for this to work i guess.

I can't code so i just put the idea out there for some devs to pic it up, possibly create an altcoin or whatnot. The blockchain really doesn't need to be as public as it is right now. Transactions are crazy-public at the moment. Have fun thinking about it.

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:21:32 PM

Block explorer is just a website it is not part of the bitcoin protocol.  All nodes verify all transactions.  If the tx are encrypted then nodes couldn't verify they are valid.  There are methods to improve privacy but they involve more complex cryptographic systems than simply encrypting transactions.  Ring signatures and zero knowledge proofs are two potential systems to improve privacy.
obit

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:31:32 AM

Ideas like darkcoin are quite interesting, but i think overall since darkcoin does not have a fully open-source code, there is a fundamental problem there. Is it even a bitcoin?
ThePurplePlanet

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:24:24 AM

Ideas like darkcoin are quite interesting, but i think overall since darkcoin does not have a fully open-source code, there is a fundamental problem there. Is it even a bitcoin?

Darkcoin uses similar tech to dark wallet. In addition it  needs some "supernodes"? which can be a target for NSA type of surveillance. Isnt that similar to tor nodes that many are currently owned by gov agencies? I like darkwallet more because it is peer to peer...

As DAT other methods might boost the anonymity further.. I read that zerocoin type of tech does not need a bitcoin change just someone to implement it. Dont understand how though.

Blockexplorer is just a website and gets information from bitcoin network which is public so the approach of second key will not fly.
Etanllah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:40:08 PM

The block explorer is very useful for keep transactions of transactions and premines, etc. With so many scams in crytpcurrencies, I like the level of transparency.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: