Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 03:39:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: plexi case for ants... hoping it works...  (Read 2312 times)
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:23:02 PM

in fact that is the exact item i was talking about... and believe it or not you can generate energy using them....

one isue you are going to have with them, is you get a cool side and hot side, you have to use a heatsink on both sides, but isolate the hot side so you can cool it so it doesnt burn the module out....

i have a few of these laying around... i want to figure out how to use the plexi with these...

Yeah thats what I was thinking possibly mounting them under the heat sink on the ant miner to run another fan maybe ?

Cold side facing up hot side touching the heat sink

There is just one downside of peltiers (otherwise they'd be mounted in every single PC or server, because they're cheap themselves) - they need power to run, probably more than all the fans you have in that room combined. If you use one 70W plate for each miner it might end up being expensive to run.

I'd rather buy a powerful fan (like the ones used in air ducts) and mount it in front of the whole case, so it creates pressure inside. A fan like that can easily cool your hardware below room temperature and will conume less power than peltier.

Yeah I meant possibly using the heat to generate electricity to run another fan if that makes sense.
Yup I've seen it done with artificial heat source, there's a lot similar experiments on YT.
If you're about efficiency I'd make another similar case and stack it creating one big tunnel with a pressure fan on one end. This way you could completely remove the stock fans, consume less power and have cooler miners at the same time, without playing with peltier, hoping it will generate 0.1 A for another fan.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
myk3916 (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 07:50:01 PM

I was actually thinking near the intake fan attach a heatsink and then Send the hot side air up and over the Ant Miner but the cool side will make the heatsink cold and suck cold air through the intake...

instead of using a heat sink to dissipate heat you're using a heat sink to amplify the coldness... Get it?

donate: 185DzHCwvuRmymLvBkNDYiteP9SssY1nbK
WheresWaldo

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 07:18:04 AM

cool build, keep it up!

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:52:34 PM

I was actually thinking near the intake fan attach a heatsink and then Send the hot side air up and over the Ant Miner but the cool side will make the heatsink cold and suck cold air through the intake...

instead of using a heat sink to dissipate heat you're using a heat sink to amplify the coldness... Get it?
If I I got your idea correctly, this would work, but you'd need to connect power to the peltier thus increasing the overal cost of running the miner.

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
myk3916 (OP)

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:18:24 AM

If I I got your idea correctly, this would work, but you'd need to connect power to the peltier thus increasing the overal cost of running the miner.

Yes but a cooler ant is worth much more than a broken ant... And you could tap strait into your psu on a molex line to power it...

I actually have been thinking against thermal generation and going with several water cooler blocks, with fan/radiator, resivoir, and pump... Attach the cooling blocks to the stock heat sinks in the middle...

In fact, you could use a thermal generator to cool the radiator on a water unit... Just make sure the cold side is touching the radiator ant put the fant to pull air thru the radiator instead of pushing into it and it would cool the thermal plate and radiator... Delivering ice water directly to the blocks...

donate: 185DzHCwvuRmymLvBkNDYiteP9SssY1nbK
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: