Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:06:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The bitcoin community is small, but we are a tightly knit group  (Read 1917 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 12:12:17 AM

I'd like to say a few words about the Bitcoin Magazine.

Matthew formed a group composed of Bitcoin business owners. Some members include Coinabul, Bitcoinica, and Feedzebirds to name a few. Needless to say, we are a dynamic group of individuals, from all over the world. Matthew is one of the hardest working members(he works in Bitcoin full time I believe). He is very smart and very much involved. He can be eccentric at times, but that's what we love about him. We come to him with ideas or problems and he helps us out. The group is large and we have different groups for different projects. We are all very anxious to see what the Bitcoin Magazine group has come up with, all we know is that there are a lot of people working / contributing to it, and Matthew is overseeing this project's development very closely.

Please make sure to buy a copy to show your support, for the hard working men and women (okay, okay, woman*) who are working on this project.

The bitcoin community is small, but we are a tightly knit group and we have to choose wisely which projects we want to show our support for.

I believe Bitcoin Magazine is a project worth showing support. At 6$ USD for a printed copy... it seems like they're just giving it away.

Please make sure to buy a copy to show your support for the hard working men and women (two girls working on this project  Wink )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 04:16:59 AM

Very nicely written post. But enough about Lurch. I want to know about who these two women are. The reason for asking is that I would like to see a woman in the Satoshi Superstar reality contest.

~Bruno~
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Earthling

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 04:23:05 AM

Nice post and I'm already ready to buy a subscription of the magazine. Just not sure if I want the print version or just the digital ^^

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 04:29:27 AM

Nice post and I'm already ready to buy a subscription of the magazine. Just not sure if I want the print version or just the digital ^^

(I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but...)

It doesn't matter what you want or need, it's supporting our beloved coin, directly and indirectly.

~Bruno~
Nicolai Larsen

Earthling

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 06:45:04 AM

(I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but...)

It doesn't matter what you want or need, it's supporting our beloved coin, directly and indirectly.

~Bruno~

It's me that's stupid actually, cause if I get the printed version I get a digital as well, lol.

istar

Activity: 523
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 07:47:52 AM

Buy a few printed, sneak a few copies into a couple of place where wallstreet guys have a coffee break Wink

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
a63ntsm1th

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 07:55:59 AM

ummm.... where can one buy this magazine?

just my .02 btc
Nicolai Larsen

Earthling

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 08:19:39 AM

ummm.... where can one buy this magazine?
http://www.bitcoinmagazine.net/

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 03:17:38 PM

Buy a few printed, sneak a few copies into a couple of place where wallstreet guys have a coffee break Wink

People who place new or used copies of Bitcoin Magazine can place a sticker on it with "Complements of Acme Leather (use your company name here)".
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 03:20:08 PM

Very nicely written post. But enough about Lurch. I want to know about who these two women are. The reason for asking is that I would like to see a woman in the Satoshi Superstar reality contest.

~Bruno~

lmao.... Lurch...   

I had to laugh..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 03:39:24 PM

I agree.  Come on community lets show our support.  This is the first physical magazine related to Bitcoin.  It is an ambitious project and if it comes out good and end sup in B&N it could be seen by tens of thousands of potential users. 

There is something in advertising called "mindshare".  When a company gets a football stadium (or the "bridgestone tires halftime show") named after them it isn't to get someone to "buy" -  a call to action.  It is to build mindshare.

Mindshare familiarized a consumer with a product so that when they DO need to buy a product or service the company isn't new = scary.

Telling someone about Bitcoin can be scary.  It may seem like a scam to them, they may have doubts.  While you can try to overcome them it is working against human nature.  Mindshare is more subtle.  Say someone sees Bitcoin in CNBC, next week he donated to xyz charity and notices they accept Bitcoins (whatever they are).  He is showing in B&N and sees a copy of Bitcoin magazine.  He doesn't buy it but he does browse through it.  If now you brought up the idea of Bitcoin (or better yet brings it up "hey man have you heard of this Bitcoin?") it doesn't seem as scary. 

Bitcoin is "everywhere".  If charity xyz uses it, B&N has magazines about it, CNBC is running stories about it then it "must" be legit (granted that is a logically fallacy but we will use it). 

I can't think of a single project that would build more mindshare than having a magazine on the shelves seen by "non-Bitcoin" consumers.

If you want Bitcoin to succeed then you want mindshare so buy a copy. 
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 11:11:00 PM

This will be my first bitcoin purchase.
I held out for the right one.
Mummy would be proud Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: