Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:31:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phoenix 2 beta discussion  (Read 57905 times)
CFSworks (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 05:53:32 AM

Ok, I got things to work. Is there a way to have one GPU mine at one backend and have the other GPU mining at a different backend?

You would have to dedicate each GPU to a different Phoenix process to do that. The Phoenix core is currently designed to connect to only one backend.

Phoenix Miner developer

PGP/GPG key: FC5461A3
Personal donations: 1Abq88sPz2MjH4Yi8yZVCbfu1ZXRSP7id5
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bananington

Activity: 1372
Merit: 339

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 06:15:11 AM

I'm trying to use another kernel and I can't seem to get it right. I keep getting the "failed to load kernel 'phatk'" message in the console.
Here's what I've worked out so far. The kernel I want to use is in the folder with the other kernel's and it's named "phatk"

Code:
[general]
verbose = True
backend = http://censored:8332

[cl:0:0]
disabled = True
kernel = phatk
AGGRESSION = 12
VECTORS2 = true
WORKSIZE = 128

[cl:0:1]
kernel = phatk
AGGRESSION = 12
VECTORS2 = true
WORKSIZE = 128

[web]
disable = true

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
CFSworks (OP)

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 06:22:58 AM

I'm trying to use another kernel and I can't seem to get it right. I keep getting the "failed to load kernel 'phatk'" message in the console.

Kernels developed for Phoenix 1.x are not directly compatible with Phoenix 2, but the required changes are minimal.

If the phatk kernel were updated to be compatible, it would work. I can't think of any benefit to doing so, though. The phatk2 kernel outperforms phatk on all hardware we've tested with.

Phoenix Miner developer

PGP/GPG key: FC5461A3
Personal donations: 1Abq88sPz2MjH4Yi8yZVCbfu1ZXRSP7id5
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 09:02:19 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2012, 10:31:15 AM by ssateneth

Hi, testing out phoenix 2. Didnt instant crash my computer like some other miners do which is good. Seems to be identical performance too as far as hash rates go, just have to explicitly define all variables since they aren't assumed anymore due to the lack of init.py (my bad, its the bfi_patcher.py thats gone now, probably integrated in phoenix.exe). Is it possible to have better granularity of the hashrate? GUIMiner + Phoenix 1.7.4 is able to show 1.178 ghash, but with phoenix 2, I lose a digit and only shows 1.17 ghash. On another rig, it shows 2 more digits of the hash rate (766.73 mhash, etc). How about giving the same treatment to Ghash?

Thanks for continuing to support multiple OpenCL platforms. Works well for my 2.1 + 2.6 SDK setup.

Also with the upcoming web interface, will it be possible to alter aggression of specific devices on the fly?

Lastly, I took a quick look through the kernel and found BITALIGN. Under what hardware is this supported? I tried this instead of BFI_INT and saw a much lower hash rate on my 5830/5870's. Is it supposed to be faster? Is it supposed to work in conjunction with BFI_INT?

Bananington, VECTORS2 is unused. Use VECTORS or VECTORS 4. Also make sure to define BFI_INT = true for each device that supports it, and don't forget your user/pass combo in the backend. http://user:pass@website:port

ZPK
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 09:35:16 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2012, 10:29:59 AM by ZPK

i use aoclbf by wind 1.81 for overclocking  videocards.......then open him phoenix down 100%
for mining use original phoenix.

and please say wtf is it ?
http://d.pr/sq8t
http://d.pr/D4sI

Novacoin POS mining only now
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 10:33:32 AM

just got an error. one of my cards is no longer mining (no gpu activity), probably need to restart the phoenix.exe. win7 x64, driver 11.12, sdk 2.6 + sdk 2.1. miner shows abnormal hash rate. 27 ghash wtf?

ZPK
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 10:38:38 AM

please add to phoenix overclocking support...

ZPK
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 10:41:40 AM

just got an error. one of my cards is no longer mining (no gpu activity), probably need to restart the phoenix.exe. win7 x64, driver 11.12, sdk 2.6 + sdk 2.1. miner shows abnormal hash rate. 27 ghash wtf?

hmm...i use 2 hours and do not see that. windows 7 sp1 x64,11.6 drivers

5850  960/300 60%
autoconfigure = False
disabled = False
bfi_int = True
vectors = True
worksize=256
aggression=12

bangra

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 11:10:57 AM

Running on 2x 5870, might update my main rigs later

without the aggression entry cards only run at 95%, now added to config and everything seems to be ok and maybe gained a few Mhs
d3m0n1q_733rz

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 11:14:21 AM

I didn't have the hardware stop mining completely, but I also experienced the slight hiccup that showed my miner as having a hash rate in the 400's when I'm lucky to break 15.  However, it didn't stop mining and I managed to get an accepted while it hiccuped.  This could just be a lower priority on measuring hash rate.

Funroll_Loops, the theoretically quicker breakfast cereal!
Check out http://www.facebook.com/JupiterICT for all of your computing needs.  If you need it, we can get it.  We have solutions for your computing conundrums.  BTC accepted!  12HWUSguWXRCQKfkPeJygVR1ex5wbg3hAq
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 11:28:32 AM

Will this include automatic fan and gpu management like cgminer ?

What about killing mining thread on GPU that has a dead fan while I am away ?

IMHO cgminer is good because of auto fan feature and support for backup pools and screw all that python BS.

Thank you !
ZPK
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 11:41:51 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2012, 11:54:54 AM by ZPK

Will this include automatic fan and gpu management like cgminer ?

What about killing mining thread on GPU that has a dead fan while I am away ?

IMHO cgminer is good because of auto fan feature and support for backup pools and screw all that python BS.

Thank you !

very huge ....eyes in panic....no need thx )

for first settings can do gui, and if all work gui off.

HendrikJan

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 05:18:05 PM

First impression: Looks real good!

But i would like to like to know what "Roling time" means.
Also the overclock option mentioned before would be nice.

For now i get 10Mh/s less but i still have to use some fine tuning in the config file.

Referral link to a trading bot: https://www.cryptohopper.com/?atid=224
bangra

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 06:15:38 PM

Changed over main rigs and been running all day, just had 1 card crash and readings jumped to 18Ghash then dropped back to 1.9 ghash when should have been 1.5ghash, would be great to have somthing that could detect a card stopping and restart it, running on Win7 x64 5x 5850
Diapolo

Activity: 769

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 06:58:13 PM

Got DiaKGCN working ^^, will be released in the next 2 days!

One thing, hashrate display seems a bit crazy currently ... starts at 5 GHash/s and takes forever to reach normal levels, where it belongs. Perhaps this can be reworked!?
Oh, and I think BFI_INT whitelist should reside in the kernels init file and not be placed somewhere else Wink. PyOpenCL is still 0.92 are there any news in terms of higher AGGRESSION levels and getwork delays?

Edit: CPU utilisation looks way better, than with Phoenix 1.X!

Dia

Liked my former work for Bitcoin Core? Drop me a donation via:
1PwnvixzVAKnAqp8LCV8iuv7ohzX2pbn5x
bitcoin:1PwnvixzVAKnAqp8LCV8iuv7ohzX2pbn5x?label=Diapolo
scifimike12

Activity: 303

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 07:36:40 PM

Still about 4 Mh/s slower than Diablominer with my 7970 at stock settings (925/1375).

Settings:
Code:
autoconfigure = false
disabled = false
bfi_int = false
vectors = true
worksize = 256
aggression = 10

If I set aggression to 12, it will be about dead even but I get CPU load bug.  Keeping it 10 seems to leave it at idle.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 07:39:17 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2012, 08:26:18 PM by Kluge

249 shares accepted, 1 rejected, ~5MH/s higher than on original phatk.

Yeah, I like it.  Grin

ETA: After another hour, reject rate is 0.72% on EMC.
jedi95

Activity: 219
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 07:55:28 PM

One thing, hashrate display seems a bit crazy currently ... starts at 5 GHash/s and takes forever to reach normal levels, where it belongs. Perhaps this can be reworked!?
Oh, and I think BFI_INT whitelist should reside in the kernels init file and not be placed somewhere else Wink. PyOpenCL is still 0.92 are there any news in terms of higher AGGRESSION levels and getwork delays?

Dia

I think I know what's causing the hashrate display to initially show a huge value. I will fix this later today.

The reason we decided to put the BFI_INT whitelist in BFIPatcher.py was so that it wouldn't need to be duplicated across all kernels. This also makes it simpler to update since we only need to change it in one place. Kernels can still include their own whitelist if they want.

I will retest the newer PyOpenCL versions, but I highly doubt there will be any differences from previous tests.

Phoenix Miner developer

Donations appreciated at:
1PHoenix9j9J3M6v3VQYWeXrHPPjf7y3rU
d3m0n1q_733rz

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 08:17:56 PM

Still about 4 Mh/s slower than Diablominer with my 7970 at stock settings (925/1375).

Settings:
Code:
autoconfigure = false
disabled = false
bfi_int = false
vectors = true
worksize = 256
aggression = 10

If I set aggression to 12, it will be about dead even but I get CPU load bug.  Keeping it 10 seems to leave it at idle.
Me and Diapolo each have something for you to try.  Mine is a bit of an insane move, but Dia's has some very nice code.  I'll attempt to port my mod over tonight/this evening/in about 5 hours or so.

Funroll_Loops, the theoretically quicker breakfast cereal!
Check out http://www.facebook.com/JupiterICT for all of your computing needs.  If you need it, we can get it.  We have solutions for your computing conundrums.  BTC accepted!  12HWUSguWXRCQKfkPeJygVR1ex5wbg3hAq
Diapolo

Activity: 769

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 08:24:57 PM

Dia

I think I know what's causing the hashrate display to initially show a huge value. I will fix this later today.

The reason we decided to put the BFI_INT whitelist in BFIPatcher.py was so that it wouldn't need to be duplicated across all kernels. This also makes it simpler to update since we only need to change it in one place. Kernels can still include their own whitelist if they want.

I will retest the newer PyOpenCL versions, but I highly doubt there will be any differences from previous tests.

Thanks for your answer, I'm looking forward to your tests and the fixed hashrate display. I'm interested in how you achieved the lower CPU usage in comparision to the original Phoenix.
Oh and can I supply a backup pool as with Phoenix or any failover strategy?

Dia

Liked my former work for Bitcoin Core? Drop me a donation via:
1PwnvixzVAKnAqp8LCV8iuv7ohzX2pbn5x
bitcoin:1PwnvixzVAKnAqp8LCV8iuv7ohzX2pbn5x?label=Diapolo
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: