Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:02:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 BTC bounty - why is my share count staying at zero?  (Read 1893 times)
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 09:35:33 PM

Hi all,

I have a workstation with a single 5850, that hashes around 350 MH/s.  Has worked wonderfully for months, without the slightest hitch. 

However, starting over the weekend the miner shows as offline at my pool, and no shares are being submitted.  GUIminer still shows the card hashing away, and CCC shows the GPU at 99% usage.  Unfortunately, GUIminer also shows 0 shares submitted. 

Any ideas?

I am running 11.9 with win 7 pro 64bit. 

If someone can help me find a solution, I will give them 3 BTC. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1up

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 09:46:13 PM

Are you using python OpenCL (poclbm) in guiminer? If so, this problem has been happening for everyone in the last few days. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1334.msg732164#msg732164

Basically it shows that you are mining but the shares are not being submitted.
Anyway, the fix is coming up in Windows so just switch to Phoenix in guiminer or get cgminer for the time being. If you need direction for switching to phoenix, which is what I'm doing now, just ask.

Not really worth the 3 BTC to be honest but if you still want to send, I won't complain.

EDIT: BTW, I've also heard that using the older guiminer version works but have not tried this.
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 10:02:32 PM

Are you using python OpenCL (poclbm) in guiminer? If so, this problem has been happening for everyone in the last few days. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1334.msg732164#msg732164

Anyway, the fix is coming up in Windows so just switch to Phoenix in guiminer or get cgminer for the time being. If you need direction for switching to phoenix, which is what I'm doing now, just ask.

Not really worth the 3 BTC to be honest but if you still want to send, I won't complain.

EDIT: BTW, I've also heard that using the older guiminer version works but have not tried this.

Let me give it a shot over the next day or so.....I don't have access to the machine at the moment.  If it works, I will send you the bounty.  I am a man of my word! 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
Joshwaa

Activity: 497
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 10:08:19 PM

I switched to Diablominer and the problem is gone. I know the other guy got the bounty but still let me know if you need help.

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
Bobcat

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 10:43:47 PM

You lucky dog...$$$$$ 3btc, it took me 48 hour to earn that Wink
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 08:56:45 PM

Hey homeboy....all is copacetic now that I dropped back to the old GUIminer. 

Want your bounty sent to the address in your signature line? 

1up

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 10:21:20 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2012, 12:41:04 AM by 1up

Yes, that'll be great. Hope all is fixed with your problem.

EDIT: Received, Thanks
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 10:25:23 PM

Yes, that'll be great. Hope all is fixed with your problem.

sent!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: