Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:00:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should newbs and Jr. members be barred from creating ALT ANN threads ?
Yes
No
Create a Newbie ANN subsection
Create a Jr. Member/ Newbie ANN subsection

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW POLL: Should newbs and Jr. members be barred from creating ALT ANN threads ?  (Read 3186 times)
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:18:22 AM

+1 minairia3

That aspect did not occur to me until after I posted this thread. 2 new options have been added.

I'm standing firm on my YES because I know that 99% of these shit stains are cloned by the same greedy scammers (and the exchanges behind them).

The OP has been updated. Smiley

I voted Yes even though I voted myself out of being able to create an ANN. That should tell you somthing...
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:48:25 AM

Yes, I agree.  I like altcoins, but many of them are just spam.
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:52:16 AM

Im agree with this. It must be a privilege like the signature and profile things. There are people creating new user every day to ann fake o scam coins over and over again.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:52:54 AM

I like the idea of control over the matter. Glad to see this is something that is being looked over and evaluated by the community.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:27:24 AM

Maybe this will slow the rate of launches down. If you're out of the scene for a couple of days literally you're lost. Maybe a ban will also prevent puppet accounts - we all know some of these coins are developed by the same person, you know.

CryptoBrother

Activity: 252

I LOVE THE LIR PROJECT

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:29:18 AM

This is something what WE need in AltCoins!!!

I told about some restrictions XXX times... Why We need this?

- 0 Activity post and New coin with SUPER EXTRA HYPER ALGO ble ble ble... and inside wallet suprise virus.exe Cheesy
- Investors loosing money here 0.1 btc here 0.1 etc etc.
- Exchanges full of shit coins with 0.00001 BTC volume
- Coins which You can not trade for BTC ( cuz of amount)
-
Why this will not help?

- People wil lmake accounts earlier make some posts ( usually ANTY OTHER COIN r. Spreading FUD)
- They will buy users accounts
- They will rent users to creat accounts

My idea:

- New altcoin owner should explain and show Moderator/Admin his BTC or Fiat balance - This should prevent NO INVEST COINs... ( i mean coins which are 100% copy&paste)

Where is problem?

We don´t know who is behind... and if there is 1 group behind most of this coins? If They are woners of some exchanges? or if They are working together? ( Like MT.gox bot?) What if "POS" coins are fakes? and We are mining another coins and we get paid less? What if there is/are group/s with good amount of btc and They manipulate all this market? We good know that it is posible... Where are BTC from SK? from "Hacked exchanges"? From other sites closed due to bad activity etc etc? What if Exchanges owners are editing codes and We don´t see exact price? what if They are dumping/pumping coins? There is a lot of other problems but i will left them for my speculations :=) I´m just waiting for next "popular sector of coins"

summary:

I love the ACES dev for giving me my investment back Smiley
Lucky Cris

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:36:57 AM

I think this rule somehow implies that all reliable developers are long-time bitcointalk members - which is pretty far from the truth.

It still amazes me that people are naming businesses after this forum's founder after he abandoned Bitcoin during its greatest hour of need and vanished into thin air with over 1 million bitcoins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts;start=0

huh? Couldn't find the reference in the link you listed...

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:43:17 AM

Hmmm... CB post is interesting.

Altcoin creators could put up BTCX in escrow, putting money where mouth is. Coin must meet certain goals by certain time (and/or even a certain price on a basket of exchanges), maybe with a month after end date to resolve any issues escrow provider is unsatisfied with.
Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:57:55 AM

This is something what WE need in AltCoins!!!

I told about some restrictions XXX times... Why We need this?

- 0 Activity post and New coin with SUPER EXTRA HYPER ALGO ble ble ble... and inside wallet suprise virus.exe Cheesy
- Investors loosing money here 0.1 btc here 0.1 etc etc.
- Exchanges full of shit coins with 0.00001 BTC volume
- Coins which You can not trade for BTC ( cuz of amount)
-
Why this will not help?

- People wil lmake accounts earlier make some posts ( usually ANTY OTHER COIN r. Spreading FUD)
- They will buy users accounts
- They will rent users to creat accounts

My idea:

- New altcoin owner should explain and show Moderator/Admin his BTC or Fiat balance - This should prevent NO INVEST COINs... ( i mean coins which are 100% copy&paste)

Where is problem?

We don´t know who is behind... and if there is 1 group behind most of this coins? If They are woners of some exchanges? or if They are working together? ( Like MT.gox bot?) What if "POS" coins are fakes? and We are mining another coins and we get paid less? What if there is/are group/s with good amount of btc and They manipulate all this market? We good know that it is posible... Where are BTC from SK? from "Hacked exchanges"? From other sites closed due to bad activity etc etc? What if Exchanges owners are editing codes and We don´t see exact price? what if They are dumping/pumping coins? There is a lot of other problems but i will left them for my speculations :=) I´m just waiting for next "popular sector of coins"

summary:

I doubt the scammers will go down that buy/rent forum accounts road because the demand would cause prices to sky rocket. Aside from that, these accounts will easily stand out after the dev's post history is examined.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:14:58 AM

I doubt the scammers will go down that buy/rent forum accounts road because the demand would cause prices to sky rocket. Aside from that, these accounts will easily stand out after the dev's post history is examined.

Meh. They'd only have to convince us (actually 1 - who's prolly a sock puppet, and everyone else follow the lead) that they've been a way for  bit "developing" their new coin. We're just that desperate that we'd believe it. 

Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 04:21:42 AM

Meh. They'd only have to convince us (actually 1 - who's prolly a sock puppet, and everyone else follow the lead) that they've been a way for  bit "developing" their new coin. We're just that desperate that we'd believe it. 

What do you mean ? "meh.."

Its more like YAY. Cheesy

The forum's shitcoin alert level is at an all time high. Look around, many ANN threads are struggling to make it past 50 pages. (thanks in part to happy fun time shitcoin wackin trolls such as myself and a few other notables.) Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy

coinfusion

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:30:00 AM

Seems like implementing this wouldn't do much more than pump the sale price of full member accounts.
cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:38:19 AM

Ok..  since no one seems to give a crap about this... will someone plzz link me up with a crypto that is free of brown stains and smears. Tongue

Curecoin.

I would say no - people make new accounts to be anonymous with their coin or market it better - you could make a separate section for them but then you are putting the majority of the scams in one place and removing a majority of the good ones which means most people would just ignore that section making it unfair for new developers.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

Ok..  since no one seems to give a crap about this... will someone plzz link me up with a crypto that is free of brown stains and smears. Tongue
I would say no - people make new accounts to be anonymous with their coin or market it better - you could make a separate section for them but then you are putting the majority of the scams in one place and removing a majority of the good ones which means most people would just ignore that section making it unfair for new developers.

It wouldnt be hard to post a Pre-ANN and build a report and show that they are serious about the coin and the community. This will in turn give the devs more time to prepare and offer more on launch
CryptoBrother

Activity: 252

I LOVE THE LIR PROJECT

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:11:44 PM

Yes and I think that if They put more effort etc They should care about coin not just left it...

I love the ACES dev for giving me my investment back Smiley
Lucky Cris

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:19:02 PM

What do you mean ? "meh.."

Its more like YAY. Cheesy

The forum's shitcoin alert level is at an all time high. Look around, many ANN threads are struggling to make it past 50 pages. (thanks in part to happy fun time shitcoin wackin trolls such as myself and a few other notables.) Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy

I said 'Meh' because I think they would go would down that road to obtain seasoned accounts! Think about it... if they're restricted because of their newbie status, they'd actually try to get an established account to make themselves seem credible.

And anyway... what happened to the days when this community demanded shit like whitepapers and shit? Literally, they're throwing these coins out there so fast that they don't even have time to publish the block rewards and difficulty level and shit! 

Lucky Cris

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:23:15 PM

So how about this... let's try to discourage them a lil too by patrolling the alt coin announcement section. Let's call out everything we see wrong with their coin/launch/strategy.

DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:44:33 PM

So how about this... let's try to discourage them a lil too by patrolling the alt coin announcement section. Let's call out everything we see wrong with their coin/launch/strategy.

That will mostly accomplish nothing other than all the newbs and idiots calling you a troll or a FUDster.

Would be nice if it worked, but I doubt it would.

(Edit: I was a n00b not that long ago, and speaking from experience, I know that the excitement of mining a new coin, and "getting rich" would have outweighed your objections to the coin/launch/strategy - Just sayin'.)
Hippie Tech (OP)
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 04:58:57 PM

Seems like implementing this wouldn't do much more than pump the sale price of full member accounts.

I doubt the scammers will go down that buy/rent forum accounts road because the demand would cause prices to sky rocket. Aside from that, these accounts will easily stand out after the dev's post history is examined and trust ratings are examined.

In other words.. very few if any of these cloners will be willing to pay the high prices.

Ok..  since no one seems to give a crap about this... will someone plzz link me up with a crypto that is free of brown stains and smears. Tongue

Curecoin.

Curecoin ?! Been there .. trolled that... Roll Eyes

Its just more of the same corrupt insiders exploiting the well intentioned for a worthy cause/ false hope.

Ok..  since no one seems to give a crap about this... will someone plzz link me up with a crypto that is free of brown stains and smears. Tongue

It wouldnt be hard to post a Pre-ANN and build a report and show that they are serious about the coin and the community. This will in turn give the devs more time to prepare and offer more on launch

YUUP.. Devs with "wait and see" attitudes will not get very far. Smiley  EDIT   MOOOhhhAAAHHHAAA  aaaahahaa aaaa

Grin

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:04:45 PM

We should really check and see how many Altcoins were first announced by Members and above.

I think majority of the coins , even the ones that are larger today were announced by Newbies and Jr.Members.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: