Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:59:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock trader joining bitcoin. Targets and projections.  (Read 2410 times)
ibankbitcoins (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:38:41 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 09:21:37 AM by ibankbitcoins

Hey bitcoiners:

I came from reddit btc market. I found out about this forum from there!. I traded stocks and futures for about 6 years and have recently gotten a huge interest in BTC. I have a bitcoin blog that focuses on chart patterns and statistics. This is my first post!! I will unveil more patterns and TA in coming posts. Don't want to overwhelm u guys.

Here are my targets, 610 usd/btc and 700. Look at the chart below:

http://ibankbitcoins.com/sites/default/files/field/image/5-26-2014-chart.jpg

I say 610 dollars because there is a lot of overhead resistance at this level. In addition, there is a confluence point with the measured move chart pattern. For our 2nd target, 700 dollar is the top end of the resistance and hence is a good indication of where we might stop in the short term.

If you are interested in my analysis. You can visit my bitcoin technical analysis blog.

Please let me know what you guys want to see and I will do a post in the future about it.

fellow bitcoiner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:54:24 AM

whats your time frame on these targets?

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:19:54 AM

Where do you see the price going by the end of this year?
healthandwealth

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:23:46 AM

Thanks for the analysis.  The next few weeks will be telling.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:28:24 AM

Hey bitcoiners:

I came from reddit btc market. I found out about this forum from there!. I traded stocks and futures for about 6 years and have recently gotten a huge interest in BTC. I 've recently created a blog with a focus on chart patterns and statistics. This is my first post!! I will unveil more patterns and TA in coming posts. Don't want to overwhelm u guys.

I say 610 dollars because there is a lot of overhead resistance at this level. In addition, there is a confluence point with the measured move chart pattern. For our 2nd target, 700 dollar is the top end of the resistance and hence is a good indication of where we might stop in the short term.

If you are interested in my analysis. You can visit my bitcoin technical analysis blog.

Please let me know what you guys want to see and I will do a post in the future about it.

fellow bitcoiner.

Can you explain why 610 and not 600 though? Wouldn't the 100 mark (in this case 600) be more of a mental blocker?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ibankbitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 06:42:29 AM

Hey bitcoiners:

I came from reddit btc market. I found out about this forum from there!. I traded stocks and futures for about 6 years and have recently gotten a huge interest in BTC. I 've recently created a blog with a focus on chart patterns and statistics. This is my first post!! I will unveil more patterns and TA in coming posts. Don't want to overwhelm u guys.

http://ibankbitcoins.com/sites/default/files/field/image/5-26-2014-chart.jpg

fellow bitcoiner.

Can you explain why 610 and not 600 though? Wouldn't the 100 mark (in this case 600) be more of a mental blocker?

Wow, lots of questions, I will try to answer them the best I can. You can clearly see that prior supports are at 610 dollars, now its resistance at 610. In addition, my measured move also is around 615-610 area. So that is it. What you say is true though, round numbers are mental blockers, but they are very short term.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:45:24 AM

Hey bitcoiners:

fellow bitcoiner.

Wow, lots of questions, I will try to answer them the best I can. You can clearly see that prior supports are at 610 dollars, now its resistance at 610. In addition, my measured move also is around 615-610 area. So that is it. What you say is true though, round numbers are mental blockers, but they are very short term.

So what you're basically saying is that 600 and 700 will likely pose some resistance (short-term) and that 610 and 710 will be the medium-term resistances that need to be broken through?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ibankbitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 06:49:51 AM

accurate, breaking above 610 will take some time. Or maybe bitcoin will just breeze through with with the strength from a few days ago.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:52:38 AM

accurate, breaking above 610 will take some time. Or maybe bitcoin will just breeze through with with the strength from a few days ago.

I'm definitely going to follow this closer to see how your predictions end up turning out. For anyone else reading, keep in mind that resistance can be broken through with no problems if there's enough money flowing in.

segeln

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:19:05 AM

Hey bitcoiners:
 This is my first post!! I will unveil more patterns and TA in coming posts. Don't want to overwhelm u guys.
fellow bitcoiner.
you are welcome
Edit: "concepts explained" in your blog is very good
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:51:35 AM

And what do you think about the break neck short term up trend being now broken?
ibankbitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 09:11:25 AM

And what do you think about the break neck short term up trend being now broken?

Can you elaborate on that? or a chart to show me?
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:29:45 AM

Can you elaborate on that? or a chart to show me?

ibankbitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 06:22:50 PM

A steep trendline is bound to break. It has a slope of 12dollars per day! It is not significant.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:42:16 PM

A steep trendline is bound to break. It has a slope of 12dollars per day! It is not significant.

Ask yourself this:  Why are many of us in the bitcoin community more surprised that it stopped than if it had kept going?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:51:36 PM

Ask yourself this:  Why are many of us in the bitcoin community more surprised that it stopped than if it had kept going?

Because many of us in the Bitcoin community are so habitually optimistic that they're bound to be disappointed?

This is not to say that we won't ever make $12 per day. At some point, that'll look like "careful growth". Just not now. Not after leaving (hopefully) a bone crushing bear market of half a year. Too many traders (count me into that group if you want) more than happy to take (still pretty specular) profits before letting it fly again.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:03:04 AM

Ask yourself this:  Why are many of us in the bitcoin community more surprised that it stopped than if it had kept going?

Because many of us in the Bitcoin community are so habitually optimistic that they're bound to be disappointed?

This is not to say that we won't ever make $12 per day. At some point, that'll look like "careful growth". Just not now. Not after leaving (hopefully) a bone crushing bear market of half a year. Too many traders (count me into that group if you want) more than happy to take (still pretty specular) profits before letting it fly again.
We've averaged about half a percent growth per day for 5 years, which at today's price is almost $3 per day. In 6 or 7 months, we should be expecting $12 per day to be just another day in paradise. Cool

EDIT: Actually, I think the SlipperySlope / Risto log trend model says it should come sooner than that, since the current price of $580 is significantly below the trendline.

PS Oda Krell - I love your Feynman quotation. You think it works with bitcoin?  Huh Wink

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:30:49 AM

We've averaged about half a percent growth per day for 5 years, which at today's price is almost $3 per day. In 6 or 7 months, we should be expecting $12 per day to be just another day in paradise. Cool

EDIT: Actually, I think the SlipperySlope / Risto log trend model says it should come sooner than that, since the current price of $580 is significantly below the trendline.

PS Oda Krell - I love your Feynman quotation. You think it works with bitcoin?  Huh Wink

The issue is thinking that this trend is going to continue at the same rate, which just isn't sustainable. There's no telling how long it will last, but it won't be indefinite.

BTCtrader71

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:01:18 AM

The issue is thinking that this trend is going to continue at the same rate, which just isn't sustainable. There's no telling how long it will last, but it won't be indefinite.

I can't see into the indefinite future, but I think continuation for the next 2-4 years is as good of a guess as any other. This is based on back-of-the-envelope valuations of $ 500 K - $1 M that are found elsewhere in this forum.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArD8rjI3DD1WdFIzNDFMeEhVSzhwcEVXZDVzdVpGU2c#gid=1

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:47:18 AM

I can't see into the indefinite future, but I think continuation for the next 2-4 years is as good of a guess as any other. This is based on back-of-the-envelope valuations of $ 500 K - $1 M that are found elsewhere in this forum.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArD8rjI3DD1WdFIzNDFMeEhVSzhwcEVXZDVzdVpGU2c#gid=1

I think we're going to have a sharp rise once big news comes out (say the eBay/PP thing) and that may create its own curve separate from what we've been dealing with. There are a lot of positive things in the works right now. I just think we may hit our short-term cap shorter than we think (ie. hitting 5k within a year and then being stuck there for a few years).

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: