Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:10:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OverStock Reported $1.6 Millions in Bitcoin Sales - WOW  (Read 1739 times)
JessyMatt (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:19:21 AM

This is good news for bitcoin folks. Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne says the company made $1.6 millions in sales since March of this year. The first two months after they started to accept bitcoin they made $1 million....and $.6 since then.

READ HERE: http://www.bitcoinvalues.net/overstock-bitcoin-sales-1-6-million-worth-bitcoin-sales.html

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
validium

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:41:15 AM

I really like what overstock is doing for bitcoins, and this definitely more good news.I hope they continue supporting btc purchases for a long time.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:46:46 AM

I really like what overstock is doing for bitcoins, and this definitely more good news.I hope they continue supporting btc purchases for a long time.

I agree that this is pretty nice. What we need now is discounts. Give people a reason to buy Bitcoin to use there, rather than just the novelty of it. This would increase sales more and get more people using them.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
validium

Activity: 350

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:00:27 AM

I agree that this is pretty nice. What we need now is discounts. Give people a reason to buy Bitcoin to use there, rather than just the novelty of it. This would increase sales more and get more people using them.

Discounts could dramatically increase sells so i hope your reading this, overstock. Or buy one get one free(if you buy with bitcoins) or buy one and get the second one at half price.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:04:19 AM

Discounts could dramatically increase sells so i hope your reading this, overstock. Or buy one get one free(if you buy with bitcoins) or buy one and get the second one at half price.

They'd have issues if they were too steep. We estimate that companies save what, like 4% on transactions (maybe 3%, for high-volume)? Give us 2% of that. Now the company saves money and we do as well. For bigger purchases, this is MASSIVE. For smaller ones, it adds up over time.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:17:58 AM

Pace has slowed down though at Overstock
What's interesting is that they are retaining 10% of btc and only turning 90% to fiat

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dadugan

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:32:51 AM

Number is quite low for the size of the company.
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:20:36 AM

I don't think $1.6 millions in bitcoin sales is "quite low", Overstock just started to accept btc and therefore the gain can only grow in the future.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
madken7777

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:30:57 PM

I don't think $1.6 millions in bitcoin sales is "quite low", Overstock just started to accept btc and therefore the gain can only grow in the future.

They have been accepting it for quite a while.
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:06:00 PM

Yeh this is great for Bitcoin, but we need indeed something that will attract people to buy bitcoins, and spend them.
Because without anything special people without bitcoins will just spend there paper money for the items they need.
But when bitcoin has a special discount or something like you can spend another 20$ if you buy with bitcoins.
Just anything to attract non bitcoiners.
gitinahang

Activity: 43
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:20:27 PM

They should offer a discount for using bitcoin. Their prices are really not that competitive.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:14:25 PM

Yes, if they pass some of the processing fee savings on to the consumer sales will go up even more. People would start buying BTC just to use for shopping.

skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:25:44 PM

Overall it is quite low, but its a great start.  Overstock did $1.3B in sales in 2013.  That's $108MM / month on average.  $1.6MM over a few months is a rounding error for them.  But if they have success with it other companies may follow suit.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:32:29 PM

Overall it is quite low, but its a great start.  Overstock did $1.3B in sales in 2013.  That's $108MM / month on average.  $1.6MM over a few months is a rounding error for them.  But if they have success with it other companies may follow suit.

To add on, keep in mind most people using Bitcoin are computery people. We're technology buffs (as a whole). Overstock is far from being a company most of us shop at. If Newegg accepted Bitcoin and it only got $1m in a few months, I'd be extremely surprised, since that's a company we can all relate to.

farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:14:49 PM

They'd have issues if they were too steep. We estimate that companies save what, like 4% on transactions (maybe 3%, for high-volume)? Give us 2% of that. Now the company saves money and we do as well. For bigger purchases, this is MASSIVE. For smaller ones, it adds up over time.

He said they were going to keep all of the coins, so probably will hold them til they're worth a few times more than when the product was sold.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:22:01 PM

He said they were going to keep all of the coins, so probably will hold them til they're worth a few times more than when the product was sold.

They have to keep their cushion though. I can't fathom them giving discounts based on what Bitcoin COULD be worth, otherwise they might as well start just buying BTC for $10k a piece. They have to base any discounts on its value right now and their savings at this moment.

Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:16:58 PM

Yes, if they pass some of the processing fee savings on to the consumer sales will go up even more. People would start buying BTC just to use for shopping.

Yes this would be a huge plus.
Anyway this company is doing a great job with bitcoin, and it will be first on my list when regards about spending my bitcoins, they have alot of cool stuff, hehe Cheesy
JessyMatt (OP)

Activity: 191

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:43:34 PM

Any representative from Overstock here?

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:31:28 AM

This news means that for the March-May period, the daily combined Bitcoin transaction volumes in Overstock were around $8,000. This comprises less than 1% of the Overstock sales.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:43:23 AM

This news means that for the March-May period, the daily combined Bitcoin transaction volumes in Overstock were around $8,000. This comprises less than 1% of the Overstock sales.

Overstock isn't a big merchant for most of us Bitcoiners though, so that's to be expected. It's almost like if Bed Bath & Beyond started to accept it. While they'd get orders, most of us aren't interested.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: