Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:45:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to start mining  (Read 1381 times)
Nathan101 (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:00:33 PM

I want to start mining. I know that BTC mining is not much profitable. So i am thinking about alternative cryptocurrencies. From this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602022.0 i came to know that www.genesis-mining.com is providing cheapest rate. They are offering start mining at 0.14 usd per kh/s. If i start mining at this rate, what is the chance of getting profit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tshaw

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:14:56 PM

Why don't you just purchase your own rig? I have a few for sale at a very good price. PM me
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:16:52 PM

I want to start mining. I know that BTC mining is not much profitable. So i am thinking about alternative cryptocurrencies. From this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602022.0 i came to know that www.genesis-mining.com is providing cheapest rate. They are offering start mining at 0.14 usd per kh/s. If i start mining at this rate, what is the chance of getting profit?

Maybe, you could start mining NXT. Smiley

You do not need to buy mining rigs and wasting electricity. Just buy some NXT and start mining with it.
Nathan101 (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:01:58 PM

You do not need to buy mining rigs and wasting electricity. Just buy some NXT and start mining with it.
Don't you think that it is possible to make profit with them? Some of the members are saying that they are making profit with them.

thomastaylor

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:39:13 PM

But please explain further that you need at least 500000 NXT to achieve some NXT without waiting months!
snowcrawl

Activity: 377

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:57:05 PM

A more realistic goal is to aim for making back about half of your investment, or slightly better, and chalking up the loss to being part of the learning experience.
SOEHARTO

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:17:25 PM

yeaa better you mining alt coin . to get more btc and next time you can trade it with btc.
more fast
monim1

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:49:09 AM

Why don't you just purchase your own rig? I have a few for sale at a very good price. PM me
I think mining with pools is much more profitable than solo mining. Experience traders suggest to mine with pools. What do you want to say about it?
monim1

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:06:51 AM

I go through their website and they are providing an equation of profit. It is an assumption. Price of cryptocurrencies are not stable. So your chance of getting profit may change. Here is the equation.
"By the time of writing (16.5.2014) the daily profit of Litecoin for 50 MH/s is 71.10 USD per day. The costs for a one year Platinum Contract are 7200 USD. Assuming a constant price and difficulty you would already break even after 7200/71.10 = 101.27 days and would have the rest of the 365 days of pure profit! It is important to note that the difficulty as well as the price will in fact vary a lot. They can go up or down. Although the difficulty will likely increase people who are bullish on crypto currencies expect higher prices which will increase the profitability even more".
Nathan101 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:18:16 AM

I am bit confuse. One member suggesting me to buy my own rigs another one is telling "You do not need to buy mining rigs and wasting electricity". Now what should i do? I am not so experienced on mining. That's why i am thinking to join a pool or start mining with www.genesis-mining.com

Nathan101 (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:27:12 AM

I go through their website and they are providing an equation of profit. It is an assumption. Price of cryptocurrencies are not stable. So your chance of getting profit may change. Here is the equation.
"By the time of writing (16.5.2014) the daily profit of Litecoin for 50 MH/s is 71.10 USD per day. The costs for a one year Platinum Contract are 7200 USD. Assuming a constant price and difficulty you would already break even after 7200/71.10 = 101.27 days and would have the rest of the 365 days of pure profit! It is important to note that the difficulty as well as the price will in fact vary a lot. They can go up or down. Although the difficulty will likely increase people who are bullish on crypto currencies expect higher prices which will increase the profitability even more".
Thanks for your information. Is there anyone who is making such amount of profit?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:34:13 AM

I am bit confuse. One member suggesting me to buy my own rigs another one is telling "You do not need to buy mining rigs and wasting electricity". Now what should i do? I am not so experienced on mining. That's why i am thinking to join a pool or start mining with www.genesis-mining.com

750ti are like free electricity

40w per card
david1365
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:35:55 AM

Altcoin mining for profit is dead, it's not profitable at this point, my advice: just trade at exchanges & pump & dump, this is more profitable than mining
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:52:50 AM

Altcoin mining for profit is dead, it's not profitable at this point, my advice: just trade at exchanges & pump & dump, this is more profitable than mining

but if there is a pump, it mean that mining that coin early, it would have been profitable

take xc for example, was at 1k for some time, mining it at launch would have given you plenty of btc later, if you was able to hold enough(the same in trading)
Daniel007

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:29:19 AM

You are right. It is true for experienced trader. But what would you say about the new trader? Isn't it risky to start trading without enough knowledge and experience on cryptocoin?

ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:11:10 AM

Just a matter of how much money you are willing so spend once and per month:

Mining PoW coins: you need to buy mining equipment and you need to feed electricity into it.
Mining PoS coins: you buy them and run you wallet.

Your return may also vary in each case as Altcoins are generally not that stable than Bitcoin (maybe, except the top 6 of marketcap http://coinmarketcap.com/).

I would also really be interested in the ROI of PoW vs. PoS. Anyone experience on that?
Nathan101 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:24:59 PM

Mining PoW coins: you need to buy mining equipment and you need to feed electricity into it.

How much it may cost? Can you give me an example how much profit can i will be able to make?

monim1

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:42:34 PM

yeaa better you mining alt coin . to get more btc and next time you can trade it with btc.
more fast
I agree with you, its more fast than mining. But for a new comer is it a good idea to start trading without enough experience?
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 01:45:55 PM

no point in arguing here, it is just an ad for genesis-mining (I saw some other noob with the exact same message)   Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Daniel007

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 03:59:24 PM

no point in arguing here, it is just an ad for genesis-mining (I saw some other noob with the exact same message)   Grin
Are you sure about it?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: