Bitcoin Forum
December 13, 2017, 08:00:30 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Payout Colliding?  (Read 679 times)
rancore

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:24:31 PM

Say you have 2 or 4 or 10 number of miners pointing to one  wallet address. What happens if a payout from two of them are at the exact same time? Do they collide? Does one bump the other out of the way? Is it better to give each miner its own wallet address?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
beatljuice

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:48:09 PM

I'm sure there is no problem with "colliding" but you might want to have your miners pointed at different addresses just so you can keep tabs on how well each minor is doing individually.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:21:15 PM

Say you have 2 or 4 or 10 number of miners pointing to one  wallet address. What happens if a payout from two of them are at the exact same time? Do they collide? Does one bump the other out of the way? Is it better to give each miner its own wallet address?

Ultimately your payment is nothing more than a series of IP packets being delivered to a PC connected to the Internet.  Packet collisions do happen but not as often as you would think.  In the event of a collision a packet is re transmitted from the last router that forwarded it so in your case this would most likely be your cable/dsl/fios router in your house. 

Bottom line...it isn't something to even remotely concern yourself with.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 10:35:43 PM

Not entirely sure what you're asking here.  Payments aren't generated by your miners.  Your miners generate shares that are interpreted by the pool/network.  Can your miners submit the same work?  Sure, they can.  The pool would ignore the dual submission.  If two of your miners happen to submit a hash that satisfies the network's difficulty, only one would be accepted and added to the block chain.

As to whether or not your should give your miners unique addresses, it depends on how you're mining.  For example, some pools (GHash.io, BTCGuild, etc) allow you to define workers, but only payout to a single address.  Other pools (p2pool, Eligius, etc) allow you to mine directly to an address.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:12:34 PM

It sounds like you're asking if your address can accept more than one transaction at a single time, the answer is yes. It won't shoot one out and accept the other, it'll accept both. A great example of this is bitcoin addresses associated with dice games, they're accepting tons of transactions all the time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.