Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:33:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesus Is Lord  (Read 4060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:23:24 AM

This is a great way to let everyone know that Jesus died for our sins..........But at the same time mows my grass once a month.

If only this lord of yours ever existed, would have made the story more valid

Historians are actually quite certain the man did exist. The question of divinity is more an issue of personal belief.

Yeah? Historians also were certain that Stone Cold Steve Austin would win Wrestlemania 19, 20, 24, 27 and 29.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:01:41 AM

This is a great way to let everyone know that Jesus died for our sins..........But at the same time mows my grass once a month.

Historians are actually quite certain the man did exist. The question of divinity is more an issue of personal belief.

Yeah? Historians also were certain that Stone Cold Steve Austin would win Wrestlemania 19, 20, 24, 27 and 29.

The man Jesus Christ did in fact exist. Whether or not he was divine is for each person to decide. Not sure what any of this has to do with any wrestling star but okay.

kickdapa

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:15:20 AM

Yes jesus did exist. ive stated that he mowed my lawns. the lawns a well kept and i see that every 2 weeks. however if you are talking about a fuckwit who roamed around performing micky mouse acts then no. that did not.

divinity is a physiological condition.

acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:20:09 AM

The man Jesus Christ did in fact exist. Whether or not he was divine is for each person to decide. Not sure what any of this has to do with any wrestling star but okay.

I'm going to also guess there was at least one person named Jesus Christ in the world. We're humans. We think of names like bottlecaps. I also agree with you on the divine entity part, and it's really nobodies power to decide who decides for them. I'm not really into that, and could care less if Jesus Christ was/is real or not. Pretty sure I'm going to limbo anyway.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:06:34 PM

I'm going to also guess there was at least one person named Jesus Christ in the world. We're humans. We think of names like bottlecaps. I also agree with you on the divine entity part, and it's really nobodies power to decide who decides for them. I'm not really into that, and could care less if Jesus Christ was/is real or not. Pretty sure I'm going to limbo anyway.

I have always kind of thought that those that are the most certain about things are usually wrong. It kind of applies to atheists and theists alike.

What if the limbo people speak of is actually a limbo party complete with steel drums and Jamaican rum?

acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:53:05 PM

I have always kind of thought that those that are the most certain about things are usually wrong. It kind of applies to atheists and theists alike.

What if the limbo people speak of is actually a limbo party complete with steel drums and Jamaican rum?

Then we all shall go to limbo naked, meaning we die streakers, and rub our selves on the holy steel drums.

On Topic:

Anyway, I think everybody has a different idea on the hellish environment, or what happens after we die. What I was trying to say is that I really could care less about neither, and if there's actually a 'hell' or 'limbo', then why should I try to do something else when I'm positive I'll go to 'hell' or 'limbo'? But what if hell isn't what a particular religion believes in, then, dunno. Really don't care.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 03:57:58 PM

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:04:58 PM

Then we all shall go to limbo naked, meaning we die streakers, and rub our selves on the holy steel drums.

On Topic:

Anyway, I think everybody has a different idea on the hellish environment, or what happens after we die. What I was trying to say is that I really could care less about neither, and if there's actually a 'hell' or 'limbo', then why should I try to do something else when I'm positive I'll go to 'hell' or 'limbo'? But what if hell isn't what a particular religion believes in, then, dunno. Really don't care.

The concept of a hell is contrary to what Christianity in particular is supposed to teach. I don't want to turn this into a religious theology debate, but people's ideas of what God is about are kind of disturbing.

kickdapa

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:55:40 PM

Meanwhile........

Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 08:00:33 PM

Great, now I can just imagine Jesus preaching to billions of people on a youtube Livestream.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:21:37 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 12:29:50 AM by Ron~Popeil

Meanwhile........

That is just awesome. I am not a toker myself due to the incredible paranoia I get from it but I have no moral qualms about it.

kickdapa

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 11:46:07 PM

ok well then....

Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:31:58 AM

The historicity of Jesus seems hard to deny. Josephus writes about him (one of the sentences was changed, but there are enough details to figure out the original sentence), Tacitus also has a paragraph on him. And there are other references of less importance (Pliny the Younger and Lucian of Samosata).

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:28:40 PM

Great, now I can just imagine Jesus preaching to billions of people on a youtube Livestream.
According to the Christian Orthodox  Bible ,on the Apocalypse time Jesus will return on earth and preach on people....so you might see Jesus preaching on TV and internet .....

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:35:35 PM

Would Jesus have loved Bitcoin ? And why ?
I don't know if Jesus love bitcoin. If we take it logically,Jesus\God is the King of Heaven, and in Heaven you don't need money or material stuff, so from this you deduct that you won't need bitcoin either.....so Jesus might not love Bitcoin.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1490
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:38:32 PM

Jesus Christ is also King of Kings, and Lord of Lords  Smiley

Jesus Christ is a mostly fictional character in the most bland book ever printed on a massive scale.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:41:20 PM

The op is being very tolerant, by now I was expecting that several posts, including some of mine, would already been censured. Since this is a self-moderated thread.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:43:32 PM

If Jesus wanted to be Lord of the lords, I wonder why he said the "give to caesar what is caesar's and to god what is god's".

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:44:58 PM

I'm pretty sure the god Ra is Lord. After all, he existed before Jesus and the Old Testament, and would not have been pleased with some hairy charlatan trying to claim his throne (or chariot). Ra is fucking old-skool man, Is there any mention in the bible of a battle between Jesus and Ra?

Plus he's way cooler than Jesus, he has a falcon's head FFS!

Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:12:25 PM

If the criteria of lordship is antiquity, then this lady might be the one (24,000 BC):

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: