Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:44:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesus Is Lord  (Read 4060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
minime

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:11:33 AM

If we forget the many that are not kind to non-believers, or believers in a different religion, because of religious reasons or that are even not kind to fellow believers for the same reasons. The Inquisition was used against people that (at least apparently) adopted the Christian faith.

That is the thing I despise about organized religion. People use it as an excuse for mistreating others that believe differently or not at all. The current "christian" church has forgotten that the "king of kings" explicitly instructs them that the most important commandment is to love one another.

Maybe what you are referring to, is if/when people force their wills against the wills of other people,

or force their interpretations or doctrines, against your own interpretations or doctrines?

Well, its not just religious persons who might do that, and we are troubled by this in many areas of our lives,
or in various stages or situations, events or occurrences in our lives.
In general, Gods word is clear though, that Gods people are being persecuted on the earth.
jesus is not the king of kings nor the lord of the lords... he was a messenger/teacher... the spirit he inhabited in his last years was a rather high ranking spirit but not the lord of lords or king of kings... only one holds the key to the golden throne..

Jesus came back from the dead and was seen by many people.
Jesus went with the clouds.
Jesus has been lifted up, high above all the angels of heaven,
and is now seated at the right hand of God.

Jesus is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords
i respect your faith and your believe... but again jesus is not the king of kings or the lord of lords... you seem to mix up jesus with god/creator/architect who is the king of kings or the lord of the lords... jesus did spread the word of god for this he was rewarded

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ttram

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:01:33 PM

Jesus came back from the dead and was seen by many people.
Jesus went with the clouds.
Jesus has been lifted up, high above all the angels of heaven,
and is now seated at the right hand of God.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/349/104/00d.jpg
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:45:42 PM

Jesus Christ is also King of Kings, and Lord of Lords  Smiley

JTF from LOL forums?
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 11:34:23 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 02:24:29 AM by Trading

As is consensual (there were some heretics that said there were two different gods, the Jewish God was a different one, like Marcion of Sinope), the Christian God is Yahweh, the Jewish God, since Christians adopted the Jewish prophets and holy books. Christianity initially was a Jewish sect.

By the way, the islamic Quran also accepts the Jewish prophets and Jesus as a prophet, saying I'm the God that sent them, including Jesus (but not as a son of God).

But Yahweh initially was just a God in the middle of others. Most Jews, even during David times (about 1000 BC) and after, kept praying to other Gods of the Canaanites (Semitic people comprising the Phoenicians, the Jews and some other peoples of the Levant).

There is controversy, but Yahweh has been identified with EL, the supreme God of the Canaanites, that had one or two wifes and an extensive number of sons (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)#Hebrew_Bible). Or, initially, with one of his sons: sometimes, Baal (the confusion was easy, because Baal means Lord; clearly, later, the Torah fights this identification, by ridiculing Baal), sometimes Hadad, sometimes a different son. In some of the Jewish holy books, we can still find several traces of this evolution, with references to a council of the Gods presided by EL/Yahweh (see, a summary in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Council#Hebrew).

Well, the Greeks were influenced by the Phoenicians and copied their Gods, with different names. El was Uranus, the father of all Gods (or sometimes Cronus, since some mythology says El was not the original God, but rather Elioun), that was deposed by his son, Cronus. Cronus was deposed by Zeus. The Romans used the same Gods (Caelus as Uranus; Saturn as Cronus and Jupiter as Zeus).

So, are the believers on the three main religions praying to Uranus (Caelus) or even to Cronus (Saturn)?

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
taipo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Kia ora!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 01:57:16 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 08:22:05 AM by taipo

Jesus is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords

Dear Lord God,

The high priests at https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitstamp/btcusd say you are happier today than the last 5 days.

Please next time you are thinking about becoming unhappy again, let us know so we can sacrifice some crazy fundies to cheer up your day.

Thank you JesusCoin, thank you BitLord

Amyn

Support the two platforms essential to protecting the identities of whistleblowers. Both accept bitcoin donations.
https://globaleaks.org - GlobalLeaks ( btc: see http://goo.gl/D5wM0L )
http://goo.gl/sZg2RN  - SecureDrop: whistleblower submission system
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:21:17 PM

If Jesus is lord of lords, why can't he defeat the devil? I mean Satan is a fallen angel, not even as powerful as a human. Yet he seems to be unbeatable.  Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:06:01 PM

I've always liked the theory where Jesus escaped death on the cross by using Yogic techniques learned in India to slow his metabolism pretending to be dead, and then went back to India with his family dying around the age of eighty to be burried in Kashmir.

Makes alot more sense than the other version.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:27:39 PM

I've always liked the theory where Jesus escaped death on the cross by using Yogic techniques learned in India to slow his metabolism pretending to be dead, and then went back to India with his family dying around the age of eighty to be burried in Kashmir.

I have read that this theory is widely believed in parts of India. You can even visit the Jesus tomb there.

minime

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:30:25 PM

If Jesus is lord of lords, why can't he defeat the devil? I mean Satan is a fallen angel, not even as powerful as a human. Yet he seems to be unbeatable.  Huh
since when is an human more powerful than an angel?? just wondering
Apraksin

Moon?

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:44:11 PM

I have read that this theory is widely believed in parts of India. You can even visit the Jesus tomb there.

Indeed, I travelled India a few years ago, did not get to see the tomb but spent a few weeks in Kerala in the south where christianity is the dominant religion. Many of those I met was adamant believers that Jesus ended his days in India.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:11:09 PM

Angels are sub-human and lesser beings. At least according to Catholicism and most Christian sects. It's confusing because modern westerners think of angels as more holy than humans. But they are traditionally considered simple messengers without free will. 

Honeypot

Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:32:31 AM

Let's put it this way:

Whether you believe in the individual known as jesus being divine or man, or anything, you cannot deny that almost 2k years later children around the world are born in his name and the followers of his belief reaches out to all corners of the globe in numbers greater than any other groups on earth.

The bestselling book of all time is the christian bible.

Whether you believe in it or not, to me, that's power.

And power that tenacious at least deserves some acknowledgement.
minime

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:03:26 AM

Angels are sub-human and lesser beings. At least according to Catholicism and most Christian sects. It's confusing because modern westerners think of angels as more holy than humans. But they are traditionally considered simple messengers without free will. 
angels are not messengers they are higher beeings which sometimes act like messengers... do you really think humans have free will? maybe it is an illusion which the fallen one makes you belive
newflesh

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:35:24 AM

Find it strange that adults still believe in fairy tales like Christianity, each to their own I guess. Don't think I know anybody who goes to church on a regular basis.
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 09:21:59 AM

Well i thought users here are not that religious, but as i can see there are some signs and indications that some still believe in god. Well that might be ok or wrong, i don't know and don't want to discuss it, but i'm sure topics like this have place in Off-topic section.

BTW:  religious, racist and other topics should not be present in this forum, just my oppinion.

Bitcoin is DEAD
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:46:56 PM

angels are not messengers they are higher beeings which sometimes act like messengers... do you really think humans have free will? maybe it is an illusion which the fallen one makes you belive
Of course they are mythical beings, so you can give them any ability. But the idea of angels being higher beings is a very modern notion. In fact the word angel means "messenger" in Greek. In Hebrew and other earlier religions angels were simply called messengers.

The free will question is still debated among philosophers today. I don't know the answer to that one.

minime

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:04:18 PM

Of course they are mythical beings, so you can give them any ability. But the idea of angels being higher beings is a very modern notion. In fact the word angel means "messenger" in Greek. In Hebrew and other earlier religions angels were simply called messengers.

The free will question is still debated among philosophers today. I don't know the answer to that one.
maybe you mix up angels with those gray little alien servants which have no will
angels are known as messengers because they mostly appear to humans to deliver a message...
if you ask your dad to say hi to your grandpa that does not conclude that your dad has no free will...
Apraksin

Moon?

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:59:00 PM

I thought a basic premise for christianity was the excistence of human free will, seeing as God reputedly wants us to choose to love him. If will is not free that whole thing is rather pointless, no?
minime

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:01:12 PM

I thought a basic premise for christianity was the excistence of human free will, seeing as God reputedly wants us to choose to love him. If will is not free that whole thing is rather pointless, no?
i am not saying that humans dont have free will, i said what makes him believe, where believing is like speculating... i believe the price of a stock rises so i speculate and buy it...
hologram

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:08:10 PM

religious, racist and other topics should not be present in this forum, just my oppinion.

You seem to be an open minded guy  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: