Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:11:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay Feedback for sales  (Read 2135 times)
ZodiacDragon84 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 03:15:30 AM

Here is the link for my Ebay feedback score if any one in the future is interested. If anybody else with an Ebay rating wants to post here, go for it!

http://myworld.ebay.com/zodiacdragon84/

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Valalvax

Activity: 437

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 06:12:25 AM

Wait... what? You're selling the ability to use your ebay feed back? Or what?
ZodiacDragon84 (OP)

Activity: 266

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 06:16:11 AM

no no no. Just for interested parties who want to see how legit I am as a buyer. A quick link in the forums, as it were

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Valalvax

Activity: 437

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 06:17:54 AM

Not to thread dump or anything

But... uhh... it might be more useful to put it in your sig? Tongue
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 02:06:48 PM

I have done thousands of dollars of transactions on this forum and to me personally Ebay feedback means absolutely nothing.

For one thing, this is NOT ebay. You may have a power seller rating on ebay, but how does that prove you wont rip me off on Bitcointalk.org? If we conduct a transaction on ebay I can post negative feedback and also I am guaranteed by ebay and paypal that they will reimburse me in many cases if you do rip me off, also you have an incentive not to rip me off because an ebay account in good standing is worth more than what you might gain for ripping me off.

Same goes on Bitcointalk.org, if you have a hero status account that you have been building for a year and a good reputation, it is not likely that you will throw it all away just to rip someone off a couple hundred bucks or whatever.

Try to go to ebay and tell them you want a power seller account based on the fact that you have hero status on Bitcointalk.org, they will laugh at you and for good reason, THIS IS NOT EBAY.

OP: This is not a personal attack on you this is just something I wanted to voice my opinion on because I have had numerous people who have asked me to trust them based on some ebay feedback that may or not be theirs, every time I check them out on bitcointalk sure enough they are  newly whitelisted or JR members and have only had an account for a couple of weeks and they think ebay feedback will buy them some sort of trust and personally I think its preposterous and anyone who conducts business on here please do not trust someone solely on some ebay feedback because it means absolutely nothing when conducting transactions on this forum, if they insist you should trust them based on ebay feedback then you insist that the transaction be conducted on ebay so you can get protection for your transaction.

vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:27:20 PM

Same goes on Bitcointalk.org, if you have a hero status account that you have been building for a year and a good reputation, it is not likely that you will throw it all away just to rip someone off a couple hundred bucks or whatever.

Actually it's worthless. How many heroes members were tagged as scammers?

Ebay reputation is more valuable to me than bitcointalk's heroes tag by a HUGE margin. Especially if it's 100+

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:30:58 PM

Ebay reputation is more valuable to me than bitcointalk's heroes tag by a HUGE margin. Especially if it's 100+

What about chargebacks by these peoples' paypal accounts after buying bitcoins? You can read about it in the forums or ask bitmarket.eu admins.

Actually it's worthless. How many heroes members were tagged as scammers? I can easily find 10+.

Which ones?
And what did they get first: the scammer tag or the hero member rank?

Signature space available for rent.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:34:18 PM

Actually it's worthless. How many heroes members were tagged as scammers?

Agreed. Just make sure it's really them.
abaaj

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:37:19 PM

Wana Trade Feedback ? PM me Wink
vampire

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:46:31 PM

What about chargebacks by these peoples' paypal accounts after buying bitcoins? You can read about it in the forums or ask bitmarket.eu admins.

Actually it's worthless. How many heroes members were tagged as scammers? I can easily find 10+.

Which ones?
And what did they get first: the scammer tag or the hero member rank?

When paypal's rep became ebay's rep? Point me out to a single instance when an ebay user with 100+ feedback scammed bitcoins from an another user.

I do not know how many posts you need to become a hero, but there are 15+ scammers on this forum with 250+ posts.

I have done a lot of RMT transactions back in old markeedragon days (WoW gold, accounts, etc), it's quiet normal for "respectable" members to become scammers after stealing few thousands dollars. This forum is no different.
ataranlen

Activity: 846

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 02:54:21 PM

I find that I can't trust people solely on Ebay feedback alone, simply because its so easy to fake said feedback. I've found many a hacked ebay account trying to buy things from me. Just because you can send me a message from an ebay account doesn't mean that it is truly your feedback.

I also don't allow more trust for Hero Tags any more than I do for Donator tags. I've been in and out of the online scamming business since 1999, From Neopets, Gaiaonline, and many other online sites, all the way to my most notorious exploit of 2008. After a while you just learn how to read people. Unless you can hold a regular conversation with someone, you can't really trust them.

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
vampire

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 02:58:11 PM

I find that I can't trust people solely on Ebay feedback alone, simply because its so easy to fake said feedback. I've found many a hacked ebay account trying to buy things from me. Just because you can send me a message from an ebay account doesn't mean that it is truly your feedback.

I also don't allow more trust for Hero Tags any more than I do for Donator tags. I've been in and out of the online scamming business since 1999, From Neopets, Gaiaonline, and many other online sites, all the way to my most notorious exploit of 2008. After a while you just learn how to read people. Unless you can hold a regular conversation with someone, you can't really trust them.

You're right, you don't trust ANYONE.
ataranlen

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 02:59:39 PM

Its the internet, Land of 4chan, anonymous, and pedobear, How COULD I trust anyone?

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 03:02:06 PM

Its the internet, Land of 4chan, anonymous, and pedobear, How COULD I trust anyone?

I think Homer Simpson said is best:

Homer: Lisa, never trust anyone
Lisa: Even you daddy?
Homer: Especially me.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
ataranlen

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 03:04:42 PM

Yeah, I've had the most difficult time with my offline life, but thats a whole different thread altogether.

Any transaction on the internet is a leap of faith for all parties involved. (irrelevant link is irrelevant)

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 03:25:44 PM

Yeah, I've had the most difficult time with my offline life, but thats a whole different thread altogether.

Any transaction on the internet is a leap of faith for all parties involved. (irrelevant link is irrelevant)

True, some companies do their best to stop fraud but there will always be malicious intent...always

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 05:38:14 PM

eBay feedback can be faked, BTC-otc feedback can probably be faked, bitcointalk feedback can probably be faked.

Worthless or not, a combination of good reputation from multiple places and skimming through a person's posting history on bitcointalk can help someone make a more informed decision on whether or not to take a risk on said person.

For all you know, someone with impeccable reputation here might someday decide they're done with bitcoin and wanna go out with a bang and take a bunch of people for what they're worth.

Sometimes you gotta go out on a limb to give a person a chance to prove themselves.

TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 06:09:48 PM

How do we know you didn't just create a name here of a respectable ebay account? Does it say anywhere on your e-bay account that you are Zodiacdragon84 on bitcointalk?

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 06:16:55 PM

You could always have them verify by sending you a message from their eBay account to your eBay account or something.

vampire

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 06:17:11 PM

How do we know you didn't just create a name here of a respectable ebay account? Does it say anywhere on your e-bay account that you are Zodiacdragon84 on bitcointalk?

You would have to message on eBay, of course it could be a hacked eBay account.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: