Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:14:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Trolling] Malaysian Muslims declare jihad on Cadbury over pork-laced chocolate  (Read 3792 times)
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 05:00:45 PM

I am more worried about all the palm oil that gets stuffed into products. I've already stopped buying quite a lot of items, and the list is growing.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ruthful

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:47:50 PM

I am more worried about all the palm oil that gets stuffed into products. I've already stopped buying quite a lot of items, and the list is growing.

Why?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:47:03 PM

Anyway, UMNO's mishandling of that incident was one of the many reason why the lost the Malay support in Selangor(urban Malays,which care didn't  for the UMNO's racial politics) and why they are currently being rejected in Selangor.

It is good to hear that the urban Malays are more progressive when compared to those living in the rural regions. But in democracy, the latter will be definitely having a stronger voice, thanks to their numerical superiority.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:00:56 PM

Why?

Just a small selection:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/198975-what-are-the-dangers-of-palm-oil/

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/brinkley/article/Palm-oil-proving-unhealthy-for-people-environment-5063474.php

"What we see is a contest between orangutans and palm oil for home," Sri Suci Utami Atmoko of Jakarta's National University told Thailand's Nation newspaper.
(And now look at my sig.)

Plus, the taste is not the same as when real butter is used.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:42:06 AM

Why?

Just a small selection:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/198975-what-are-the-dangers-of-palm-oil/

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/brinkley/article/Palm-oil-proving-unhealthy-for-people-environment-5063474.php

"What we see is a contest between orangutans and palm oil for home," Sri Suci Utami Atmoko of Jakarta's National University told Thailand's Nation newspaper.
(And now look at my sig.)

Plus, the taste is not the same as when real butter is used.

I use palm oil and coconut oil every day in large amounts. My blood lipid panels are off the chart good. Tropical oils are some of the best fats for your body.

5flags

Activity: 224

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 06:27:53 AM

Will point out the obvious - Jihad means "struggle" not some sort of violent holy war. All Muslims are involved in numerous Jihads, by definition.

The only threats of violence seem to be directed at Muslims - with EDL supporters calling to "Burn all the rag heads" - God bless the EDL. Or Allah bless the EDL, that would probably irritate them more.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:27:26 PM

The only threats of violence seem to be directed at Muslims - with EDL supporters calling to "Burn all the rag heads" - God bless the EDL. Or Allah bless the EDL, that would probably irritate them more.

Yes... definitely. The London beheading was a prime example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lee_Rigby

And many more example, such as these:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8570506/Police-covered-up-violent-campaign-to-turn-London-area-Islamic.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMsU9Ex-kJY
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/173925
5flags

Activity: 224

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 04:19:49 PM

Yes... definitely. The London beheading was a prime example.

I was referring specifically to the Cadbury "incident".

Your silence when Muslims are victims of hate crimes and threats of violence is deafening. Why is that?

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:39:30 PM

Will point out the obvious - Jihad means "struggle" not some sort of violent holy war. All Muslims are involved in numerous Jihads, by definition.

All those acts accomplish is making Muslims look more violent and barbaric to the west. Surely on some level these thugs realize this?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:38:05 PM

I was referring specifically to the Cadbury "incident".
Your silence when Muslims are victims of hate crimes and threats of violence is deafening. Why is that?

1. I am against hate crimes and violence.
2. The Cadbury incident does not classify as any of the above. If anyone is a victim of a hate crime, it is the Cadbury's company and its employees.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1490
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:49:48 PM

Technically all Muslims and Humans in general are part pig if you count part pig as atoms that were part of a pig during their lifetime.

Circle of life, bitch!

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:16:54 PM

Technically all Muslims and Humans in general are part pig if you count part pig as atoms that were part of a pig during their lifetime.

Circle of life, bitch!

So by that definition you can eat shit and drink urine since they are part of humans, right? Don't take me wrong here I'm not insulting you or anything just want to show you the major flaw in your logic here
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:39:45 PM

goog to know what jihad means :
Jihad is just an arabic word that means resistance,rebellion and/or protest.We have many kinds of jihad that include Jihad-bil-nafs that is resistance against our ego inside us another one is Jihad-bil-ilm that is to fight and strive for getting education or educating others(not by force of course) another one we have is jihad-bil-maal that is to fight against the lust of wealth and provide and stand for the poor.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:06:05 AM

The pig DNA probably came from the gelatin, which is used as a galling agent and added in small quantities to chocolates. But I don't understand the need to make so much of a fuss about it. Eating the pig-derived gelatin is not the same as eating pork.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 01:30:23 PM

should not make news about sara here bitcointalk.org universally available to all religion, culture and customs of each, the better we do not argue religion issue here let us discuss the further development of bitcoin  Grin

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 10:40:36 AM

Well, this is Politics and Society sub-forum of "Other". Religion is, by and large, politics. Besides, what is discussed here is not religion per se, it's human stupidity of hanging on to outdated superstitions.

There is a continuation to this story, so, Balthazar, it's not really trolling from you Cheesy

‘Cadbury jihad’ in Malaysia puts choc bars on pork test in S. Arabia
http://rt.com/news/162880-chocolate-cadbury-pork-saudi/

Honestly, all humans have traces of pork in them - we have probably about 90% of common genome. Should all good Muslims commit suicide now?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:41:00 AM

^^^ What's up with these Saudis? The Malaysians have made it clear that there was no pork DNA in those chocolate bars. This is a very bad precedent. Now anyone can blame and spread rumors about their (better performing) competitors that they are not halal-compliant (without any proof) and can get away with it.

Cadbury given all clear by Malaysia Islamic body

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/02/cadbury-all-clear-malaysia-islamic-body
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: