Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 04:10:53 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian roadmap to Solar System colonisation. Moon is the first step.  (Read 5870 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 1708

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:35:58 PM

ISS saw it's fair share of accidents as well. This stuff does happen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Space_Station_maintenance
Regarding the Moon, though, it is ripe for nations to exploit with fully robotic machines in large numbers.  The development and deployment of such equipment would enormously accelerate AI and robotics.

However at present we have no clue how to operate through the heat of a lunar day or the cold of a lunar night.  From this aspect Mars is much, much friendlier.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:43:20 PM

The problem is that if anyone starts messing with the Moon, drilling/fracking, storing nuclear waste, etc. this could damage the moon in such away that it could severely damage the earth. Remember, the moon is not like the earth and does not have the ability to repair itself.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:41:51 AM

The problem is that if anyone starts messing with the Moon, drilling/fracking, storing nuclear waste, etc. this could damage the moon in such away that it could severely damage the earth. Remember, the moon is not like the earth and does not have the ability to repair itself.

I have no idea what you might be talking about or if you are joking.

The Moon is really nothing more than one big mining pit, if you look at the actual minerals and their geographical dispersion.

It's not even pretty.
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:21:04 AM

I have no idea what you might be talking about or if you are joking.

The Moon is really nothing more than one big mining pit, if you look at the actual minerals and their geographical dispersion.

It's not even pretty.

I think he is referring to the fact that the moon has many documented effects on the earth. If I recall correctly it affects ocean tides quite a bit, and the amount of light it reflects impacts a lot of plant and animals at night. So yes, 'messing with' the moon could have a very real impact on the earth.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:19:41 PM

I think he is referring to the fact that the moon has many documented effects on the earth. If I recall correctly it affects ocean tides quite a bit, and the amount of light it reflects impacts a lot of plant and animals at night. So yes, 'messing with' the moon could have a very real impact on the earth.

Unless the moon changes its shape or changes its rotation path around the earth, there will be no additional impact on the earth. And right now, with the current technology, humans are unable to do something as drastic as that. Putting up a settlement on the lunar surface will not impact the life on earth in any big way.  Grin

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
stompix

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:36:18 PM

Unless the moon changes its shape or changes its rotation path around the earth, there will be no additional impact on the earth. And right now, with the current technology, humans are unable to do something as drastic as that. Putting up a settlement on the lunar surface will not impact the life on earth in any big way.  Grin

A settlement maybe , but what if we go back on testing things on the moon?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_A119

If something bigger would go out of control , probably we would end u with half a moon all the year.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:29:03 PM

If something bigger would go out of control , probably we would end u with half a moon all the year.

Atomic bombs are puny nanoscale things compared to something the size of the Earth or the Moon. 

To give an idea of the scale of things, mining one square kilometer of the moon's surface and extracting from the first couple meters aluminum and titanium would give us more of these two metals than is produced over the entire Earth in a year. 
stompix

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:32:25 PM

Atomic bombs are puny nanoscale things compared to something the size of the Earth or the Moon. 

To give an idea of the scale of things, mining one square kilometer of the moon's surface and extracting from the first couple meters aluminum and titanium would give us more of these two metals than is produced over the entire Earth in a year. 

By the time we reach the moon , atomic bombs might be nanoscale things compared to weapons the army is hiding.

Maybe the next generation "terrorist" will ram the moon to the earth instead of flying a plane into a building

Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:07:05 PM

Maybe the next generation "terrorist" will ram the moon to the earth instead of flying a plane into a building

Now, now, don't you start giving "them" any ideas..

#101Life
Save Donbass

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
stompix

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:16:40 PM

Now, now, don't you start giving "them" any ideas..

Did my best on google searching for a conspiracy about ramming the moon into the earth plan but didn't find anything.
I've thought people already had an idea who this might be possible.

Something about nibiru but nothing about the moon itself.

Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 03:05:37 PM

Long ago I read a science fiction novel, where Moon colony proclains independence and leaves Earth orbit. Don't remember what's it called and who the author was, though. Reminds of some of the current events.

#101Life
Save Donbass

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Schleicher

Activity: 646

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:59:34 PM

Long ago I read a science fiction novel, where Moon colony proclains independence and leaves Earth orbit. Don't remember what's it called and who the author was, though.
I can only remember this:
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
But they are not leaving earth orbit there
Other story where the moon is leaving earth orbit:
Mutineer's Moon

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:20:14 PM

Long ago I read a science fiction novel, where Moon colony proclains independence and leaves Earth orbit. Don't remember what's it called and who the author was, though.
Mutineer's Moon

I guess we could first grab a magnetic 100Km size rock, ram it into the Moon to give it a magnetic pole, then motor on down close to the Earth to scoop up some of that very useful air, water, dirt, ice, fish, birds and maybe a few humanoids, then cruise on off to a selected orbit.  
kuroman

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:07:19 PM

the Moon can't hold an atmosphere because of the lack of gravity, you need to artificially put a container for that, having a magnetic field helps against solar winds that erodes higher part of atmosphere into space, I think that before thinking too far, a first step would be getting there and doing it on a consistant basis to do scientific research and study the potentiel of our rocky neighbour

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
████████████▀███▀████████████████████████████████████
████████████▄███▄████████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███

██        ███         ███                         ███
███        ▀▀▀  ███    ███                         ▀▀▀
███████▄   ███  █████  ███     ▄█████▄   ▄█████▄   ███   ▄█████▄
██  ▀███  ███  ███▀▀  ███    ███▀ ▀███ ███▀ ▀███  ███  ███▀ ▀▀
██   ███  ███  ███    ███    ███   ███ ███   ███  ███  ███
███  ▄██▀  ███  ███    ███    ███▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄███  ███  ███▄ ▄▄
███████▀   ███  ▀████  ▀████   ▀█████▀   ▀███████  ███   ▀█████▀
                                         ▄▄   ███
                                        ▀██████▀
||
b
..........COUPON CODE..........
[ OFIE-2AHG ]
for 100% First Deposit Bonus
|
stompix

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:17:52 PM

the Moon can't hold an atmosphere because of the lack of gravity, you need to artificially put a container for that, having a magnetic field helps against solar winds that erodes higher part of atmosphere into space, I think that before thinking too far, a first step would be getting there and doing it on a consistant basis to do scientific research and study the potentiel of our rocky neighbour

Lack of gravity?
Before posting anything else you should check your sources better. The moon has it's own gravity roughly 16% compared to earth.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:26:48 PM

Lack of gravity?
Before posting anything else you should check your sources better. The moon has it's own gravity roughly 16% compared to earth.

It'd be kind of interesting to send all of our unwanted rejects there.  Criminals, political undesirables, cryptogrpahic anarkrists, those nutcases who believe in religion, all those people that just don't row the official boat.  Snowden of course.
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:03:56 PM

Mutineer's Moon

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress sounds actually closer to what I remember. There was talk there about leaving the orbit. I don't remember if they ever did... I read that novel about 25 years ago...

#101Life
Save Donbass

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:58:12 PM

Mutineer's Moon

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress sounds actually closer to what I remember. There was talk there about leaving the orbit. I don't remember if they ever did... I read that novel about 25 years ago...
no leaving orbit.  that's the book where Heinlein depicts his view of a lunar railgun, robotic body parts, first AI, lunar rebellion and independence, and a crude Ayn Randian lunar capitalism.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.