Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:02:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blizzard Battle.net Balance Launched  (Read 4207 times)
LightRider (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 11:21:23 PM

So now that the gaming industry is starting their own banks, I think it's not too far off before they start accepting legitimate digital currency like bitcoin.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-balance-frequently-asked-questions-faq

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 11:39:56 PM

So lame, denominated in dollars (right?) but not redeemable for cash. It's like denominating accounts in gold and not giving the gold, who would fall for that, oh wait.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Serith

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 11:46:40 PM

Any amount you add to your Battle.net Balance, either through an approved payment method or by adding Diablo III auction house earnings to your Battle.net Balance, will not be refundable (except as otherwise provided by law), and you are not able to convert that Balance into cash.

So in terms of eCommerce Battle.net Balance is worthless.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 11:49:41 PM

If we can convince Blizzard to offer bitcoins for Battle.net balance then, then...[fill in the blank].
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 11:59:04 PM

So lame, denominated in dollars (right?) but not redeemable for cash. It's like denominating accounts in gold and not giving the gold, who would fall for that, oh wait.
I laughed.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 05:39:37 AM

Now all we need is Wizards of the Coast to do this and we'll have gone full circle.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 04:33:41 AM

what we should do is find an MMORPG underdevelopment and ask them to incorporate bitcoin into their game...

bitcoin makes perfect sense for the gaming world, since most of the time player are from allover the world.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 04:56:44 AM

All of these are good ideas, which is why I've been posting on League of Legends Forums for months as well as Runescape to get them to accept bitcoin.

As for Diablo III, the in game auction house that will be payable in real world currency has some potential for bitcoin usage.

Keep e-mailing these people in a respectable demeanor and we might just get somewhere!!!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 02:31:11 PM

The best bit about Battle.net Balance is this:
Note: At this time, Battle.net Balance may not be used for Blizzard Store purchases.

W T F is the point?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 02:40:34 PM

Note: At this time, Battle.net Balance may not be used for Blizzard Store purchases.

W T F is the point?
They probably just want to get some more information and statistics before they open it up to that. Game hasn't even been released yet. And I didn't get in the beta.  Sad   Oh hey I did, logged in to read that and there it was. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 02:48:28 PM

So you transform euro or dollars in "battlenet cash"

then you use it to buy items from other players

then other players have the "battlenet cash" and... wtf are they supposed to do with it? Buy items from someone else? But then they will have that "battlenet cash"... and maybe no need to buy any items...

ptshamrock

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 05:15:02 PM

I Assume peopel will set up independet servers wehere u can play with btc and use it ingame Smiley not the best wa ybut could open lots of eyes and ears

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
tonto

Activity: 609

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 05:52:19 PM

I suppose people might coordinate (from like maybe here or something) to join a game together and trade items for bit coins.

Like some ultra-rare item maybe sell for 100btc Wink
Hawker
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 05:57:45 PM

W T F is the point?
They probably just want to get some more information and statistics before they open it up to that. Game hasn't even been released yet. And I didn't get in the beta.  Sad   Oh hey I did, logged in to read that and there it was. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

We are doing a bot for it - that real life AH looks like it will be a gold rush.  I'm not sure how easy to make decent money it will be for small player but botters and farmers have very high hopes.
tonto

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 05:59:22 PM

It disappoints me that you can't "cash out", tho.  Surely they could do something like 1099s or something so that the gov't wouldn't have a cow, too?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 06:20:25 PM

It disappoints me that you can't "cash out", tho.  Surely they could do something like 1099s or something so that the gov't wouldn't have a cow, too?
If they allowed cashing out, they'd have to register as a MSB, follow all the related rules and regulations, and keep track of customers' identification to comply with anti-laundering laws.  It's a HUGE amount of complication that a dev studio simply doesn't want to deal with.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 06:24:27 PM

Doesn't it violate legal tender laws to denominate AH items in USD if the USD isn't redeemable? Seems a bit misleading to imply that users are simply transferring cash instead of buying the equivalent of "Blizzard Bucks."
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 07:06:21 PM

Doesn't it violate legal tender laws to denominate AH items in USD if the USD isn't redeemable? Seems a bit misleading to imply that users are simply transferring cash instead of buying the equivalent of "Blizzard Bucks."

They probably won't call them dollars, things will just happen to cost the same number of dollars as blizzard bucks.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
tonto

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 07:11:39 PM

I read that the reason that "some regions" won't be able to cash out was due to like Korea or somewhere having a cow. 

So maybe there's still hope for us in the US being able to cash-out to Paypal or whatever they allow.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 07:58:39 PM

Are you serious? When you recharge your cellphone you put like "20 dollars" but of course you no more can redeem them....

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: